Don't have an account? Create one!

Is it just me, or is MCR becoming commercial?

AuthorMessage
eepshyes
Shotgun Sinner
eepshyes
September 3rd, 2007 at 07:16pm
CemeteryDrive123:
i think people are just bitching because TBP wasn't what THEY wanted it to be. a swirl of revenge and bullets.
each album of theirs is unquiqe (sp)and different and thats what i love about them.

Exactly. If it weren't for TBP, I wouldn't be a fan right now.
Yeah, please don't hurt me for that. Rolling Eyes
But I like that they explore what they can do. If every album were exactly the same, we'd all get bored.
Why do you think MCR fans were voted the most dedicated fans?
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
September 3rd, 2007 at 07:50pm
it's what happens when you get big.

honestly, half the time the band isn't in charge of stuff like that, the record label is.
Fantasma
Demolition Lover
Fantasma
September 3rd, 2007 at 09:00pm
A subject I`ve been struggling with for so long...
Okay, here`s the thing. When I bought TBP I was slightly dissapointed when I listened to it, because I thought it would have sounded a bit more like Revenge with a few changes here and there in the sound. But no, the whole record was so different. I honestly didn`t (and still don`t) get the same feeling listening to it then what I have when I listen to Revenge and Bullets. I`ve been trough a lot, struggling with their changed image and trying to decide what to think and feel about it. Big deal, some of you may say, but the old MCR represents something very extraordinary to me. Anyway I´ve come to the conclusion that they are still one of the best bands I know. And that I really do understand why they wanted to change. It`s like I get it, but I still feel a bit sad. It is a bit hard to understand what I mean.
So even though I understand that the guys must have needed a change, I still cannot say that I wouldn`t understand the feelings of the person starting this topic by asking: is MCR becoming commercial? Yes, their new album is commercial indeed, but it doesn`t change MCR anywhere. If they really love to do that kind of music then I´m happy for them.
hayleyjean
Bulletproof Heart
hayleyjean
September 3rd, 2007 at 09:14pm
Maybe it's because the record company changed? From Reprise to Warner?
I will always love them no matter what. Even if they start singing screamo (Honey, this mirror... Dosen't count Razz)
Or Rap... HAHA, Mikey...
Also, they're growing up!
Mikey Just got married. Gerard's 30 <- Dosen't act it though.
You know what I mean?
As you get older, you realize things & regret things you've done in the past...
hayleyjean
Bulletproof Heart
hayleyjean
September 3rd, 2007 at 09:16pm
Oh wait I made a boo-boo.
Reprise did record the last album.
Sorry, everyone just excuse my stupidity XD
Gee-Rox!
Killjoy
Gee-Rox!
September 3rd, 2007 at 11:22pm
I love MCR, all three of their studio albums have been so different from each other, so many bands just regurgitate the same album to the same tried and tested formular over and over again, MCR are different and not afraid to take a risk. TBP was a big risk for them' cos exsisting fans just wanting another version of '3 Cheers' would probably not buy it, so they'd have to rely on picking up a whole load of new fans, which they did.

MCR hadn't appeared on my music radar 'til TBP, I searched them out on Youtube and oddly for a 'newbie fan' I bought 'Bullets' and '3 Cheers' and got hooked on them before buying a copy of TBP. I mean who isn't psyched to find out what their next album's gonna be like?, and what crazy new direction they're gonna go in next!
fireXatXwillX
Killjoy
fireXatXwillX
September 3rd, 2007 at 11:45pm
mary kate.:
Does anybody actually know what sold out means ?

Sold out means where you write a song for the purpose of attracting a certain
group or youth. Selling out is NOT becoming big or selling loads of
CD's
, because in that case Evanescence and Slipknot sold out ages ago.
But they have not sold out. I don't think they ever will. Gerard is the man that
will never stop believing in himself and the band, because if he didn't, the band and
himself would not be here today. Or at least not making music together.

The moment Gerard Way says ;
'I think I'll write a song about sex to fit in with all the other jerks out there'
Is the moment when we know My Chemical Romance have sold out.

Case motherfucking closed.

u are soooo right. i couldnt have said it better myself. =]
Demonic.
Motor Baby
Demonic.
September 3rd, 2007 at 11:48pm
Honestly, change happens. What meant so much to you may some day mean nothing. But your trash just might be someone else's treasure.

Remember...every band has to build up where they left off at some point. I mean, so much has changed since revenge:

•Frank got engaged.

•Gerard got help with his alcohol problem.

•MCR and The Used had a falling out.

•Bob joined the band.

Obviously, TBP was a way of "looking back" on all the things that have happened to them.