Don't have an account? Create one!

Any MCR lyrics you don't like?

AuthorMessage
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 24th, 2008 at 10:53pm
^ First time I heard Mama I was officially creeped out and skipped it. Then I came to realize that it all fits into a story. When singing along, you don't have to mean it, you are just acting in character.

Now I love MCR and all they're lyrics, even the ones that are over the top; they all have a purpose and paint an overalll picture I can never get enough of ~ Rex
Harlequinn
Salute You in Your Grave
Harlequinn
May 24th, 2008 at 11:05pm
hmm some people said Sleep, i love the lyrics to that song

i cant really think of anything i dont like
ghosted.
Jazz Hands
ghosted.
August 3rd, 2008 at 01:32pm
Feeltherevengex:
i really don't like the end.

I understand what you're saying here I used to be the same.
Infact that song used to be one of the only ones I wouldn't really listen too but then I went around my MCR buddy's house to celebrate the fact we'd got our The Black Parade Is Dead! DVD and we watched it together.

She made me watch every last thing on that bloomin' DVD.
Even the songs I don't really like (Sleep, Cancer ect) including of course The End.

Ever since I've always played that song before I play Dead!
When I was forced to watch the whole thing I realised the importaince of the song.

It's the introduction, the begining of the end.
Plus it really gives the intro of Dead! a bit more of a kick.
Very Happy
AwakexAndxUnafraid
Killjoy
AwakexAndxUnafraid
August 3rd, 2008 at 01:58pm
Why all the hate for Cubicles? Thats one of my all time favourites and there was a point in my life when I related to it really strongly
The only one I can think of that made me go WTF was in Teenagers when it was like "because the drugs never work/they're gonna give you a smirk." For some reason the smirk part just makes absolutely no sense to me. I don't dislike it, I just don't get why its in there
temptation.
Shotgun Sinner
temptation.
August 3rd, 2008 at 02:52pm
Headfirst for Halos
Maybe it's not the lyrics,but...I just don't like it at all. Very Happy
Bullets of Revenge
Fabulous Killjoy
Bullets of Revenge
August 3rd, 2008 at 08:42pm
I'm not very fond of Cubicles. Gerard even said its his most embarrassing song lyrically (sp?).
And 'it never meant nothing to ya' because the double negative bugs me a bit.

Those are the only things I don't really like.
playground eyes.
Awake and Unafraid
playground eyes.
August 4th, 2008 at 12:08am
I rekon "kill all your friends" is the worst lyrically .. and when pplz havent heard the song and they see the title they are a bit freaked .... but still great to listen to!
NewHairSameShit.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
NewHairSameShit.
August 4th, 2008 at 12:18am
Why is everyone just relentless picking? I understand not everyone agrees with everything, but when you are saying "This and that and this and that don't make ANY sense!!" Maybe not to you, try thinking deeper. It has a meaning to them, and to others. I'm sorry if I sound bitchy, but it upsets me when people say that lyrics don't make sense. (Of MCR.) It's a helluva lot more reasonable stuff that most artists put out there...just listen to the radio...THAT might make you go: "WTF?"

As ferr meh, I love EVERY SINGLE LITTLE LAST lyric. They all mean something, they all...
well...sing to me! xD
A.Dream.4.The.Dead.
Fabulous Killjoy
A.Dream.4.The.Dead.
August 4th, 2008 at 05:55pm
For some reason, at the beginning of The Sharpest Lives, where it says "I've spent the night dancing" it kinda ticks me off. It's not that I don't like the lyric, it's just that it makes me feel awkward for some reason. I really don't know why though. I still like the song.
Girl_Anachronism
Joining The Black Parade
Girl_Anachronism
August 9th, 2008 at 06:44pm
'Singing songs that make you slit your wrists, isn't that much fun, staring down a loaded gun' It's my favorite song off of Three Cheers but I feel akward when that part comes up.
playground eyes.
Awake and Unafraid
playground eyes.
August 9th, 2008 at 09:48pm
^^ yeah i love all of their songs but lyrics like 'Singing songs that make you slit your wrists, isn't that much fun, staring down a loaded gun' and "Now these red ones make me fly, and the blue ones help me fall, and i think i'll blow my brains against the ceiling" always make me feel a bit awkward too .. especially if there are other pplz around who don't really understand it . most people think those lyrics are "suicidal" or wateva so i guess thats why. i still luv the songs tho!!
xox.
Incognito.
Bleeding on the Floor
Incognito.
August 9th, 2008 at 11:31pm
In mama the weird echo bit annoys me you know "if you can count on the infection they can amputte it once" its weird
the desperate ranks.
Always Born a Crime
the desperate ranks.
August 11th, 2008 at 11:46am
Alex!!!:
^^ yeah i love all of their songs but lyrics like 'Singing songs that make you slit your wrists, isn't that much fun, staring down a loaded gun' and "Now these red ones make me fly, and the blue ones help me fall, and i think i'll blow my brains against the ceiling" always make me feel a bit awkward too .. especially if there are other pplz around who don't really understand it . most people think those lyrics are "suicidal" or wateva so i guess thats why. i still luv the songs tho!!
xox.

I feel akward singing it too, though I completely understand and respect the meaning of both lyrics. If I would sing either of them in front of my parents, they'd probably give me a "talk."

I love all the lyrics, truly... they all mean something important to me. Yes, there's the swearing, and the double negative, and taking God's name in vain, and sometimes those things annoy me, but the meanings of the songs are always really clear to me.

^ And to X__Disenchanted__X: just so you know, it's "if you could coddle the infection, they can amputate at once."
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
August 11th, 2008 at 02:19pm
My Way Home is Through You, I never really enjoyed.

Demolition Lovers is a bit...too [ Oh...Whats the word... ] Mashed up together. It doesn't sound that good togeher.

Other than that, I cant think of anything else.
demolitionloversmway
Thinking Happy Thoughts
demolitionloversmway
August 12th, 2008 at 12:25am
i love gees lyrics i think hes like a freakn poet
but for some odd reason in the end when he says piggies
i dunno it makes me laugh
not my fav line
made from neon
Salute You in Your Grave
made from neon
August 14th, 2008 at 04:32am
I don't really like the lyrics to Teenagers anymore.
Maybe it was the overplay?
And regardless I think the whole melody doesn't suit it.
The solo is all... Kid Rock. To me, at least.
misery and harmony
Salute You in Your Grave
misery and harmony
August 14th, 2008 at 07:28am
oh. I think I have to go for the "Sleep"-lyrics. I don't really know why. And in "This is how I disappear" the line "and give the kids a show" is a bit weird.
A.Dream.4.The.Dead.
Fabulous Killjoy
A.Dream.4.The.Dead.
August 18th, 2008 at 02:40pm
demolitionloversmway:
i love gees lyrics i think hes like a freakn poet
but for some odd reason in the end when he says piggies
i dunno it makes me laugh
not my fav line

Same here, it makes me laugh too.
calculated sacrifice
Shotgun Sinner
calculated sacrifice
August 22nd, 2008 at 02:54am
"Mama we all go to hell"
vengeance university
Shotgun Sinner
vengeance university
August 22nd, 2008 at 01:06pm
Okay, I absolutely love My Way Home Is Through You, but these lines;

Do you wanna hold my hand?
Could you sign this photograph
'Cause I'm your biggest fan
Would you leave me lying here?

Make me feel a little...awkward. I don't know why, but I never like singing that part. =\