Don't have an account? Create one!

Vegetarianism/veganism.

AuthorMessage
vampirexheart
Killjoy
vampirexheart
July 13th, 2007 at 05:01am
well I personally am a vegan and I don't believe in animal abuse/cruelty, or testing on animals. My dad makes fun of me for being a vegan, he says that it's an animals purpose to be eaten.I disagree. He always taunts me like when we go out to eat (which is really hard to do with my dad, he's like a fucking carnivore and he always want to go to like a steak house or something.lol) he's always like 'Mmmm dont you wish you could eat that nice juicy stake/hamburger?' and I hate when ever he does that.
and one else have problems like that? or is just a proud vegan/vegetarian?
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
July 13th, 2007 at 05:37am
Im just ganna copy/paste
Veganism is totally unnatural. There is a reason Frankie is always sick XDD

If you have to calculate your diet to stay alive, it's probably wrong. We have cainine teeth for a reason.

Im ok with vegans themselves unless they are overly preachy or with PETA. I just think the idea of Veganism is insane.

*Can see a mass amount of people ready to attack me for this post
vampirexheart
Killjoy
vampirexheart
July 13th, 2007 at 05:45am
no it's cool that's ur opinion babe=]
i'm affiliated with PETA but I'm not all preachy or make people feel guilty for eating meat
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
July 13th, 2007 at 06:00am
^^^ Just a quick tip for you, profanity and chatspeak are prohibited on the Discussion Board - but you're relatively new so we'll forgive you this one. Just check out the rules before posting again if you haven't already Smile

I do believe we did have a thread about this topic, but if I remember correctly it got deleted due to spam... just a warning that this one might not last very long if it deteriorates the way the last one did.

...Anyway, my thoughts on veganism - it's so unnatural. I personally don't care if other adults (or teens who are old enough, say 15+) choose to restrict their diets in this way, but I myself love meat, fish, dairy and other animal products too much to give them up - and I vehemently disagree with parents forcing or allowing their children to cut animal products out of their diets - it's unhealthy and I believe humans are designed to eat animal products, and forcing or allowing kids to restrict their diets could be dangerous to their health. At least an adult has the choice and knows that if they cannot maintain proper nutrition, they have to live with the consequences - and besides, kids' bodies are still developing.

Like I said, I couldn't care less if someone else chooses to be vegan or vegetarian, for whatever reason (health, pro-animal-rights, the thought of eating meat disgusts them etc) - I just really hate being preached to by people and I figure if I don't lecture a stranger while they're eating a salad, I shouldn't be lectured to by a stranger for eating a hamburger. It's my body and my choice, and I choose to eat and enjoy meat and animal products.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
July 13th, 2007 at 06:01am
That's really cool, although I would concider finding a new animal welfare group to support. Im not into animal "rights", but I hate that PETA suggests to people that they are an animal welfare group but continue to murder countless animals. If you want I can link you to some cruelty free groups.

**Also Cig, people who become vegan for heath reasons have not done their homework. The only reason people can do so well on vegan diets is because they are calculated so well, where as most people (who eat meat) don't calculate their diets. Anemia, as well as other sicknesses and diseases can be contracted from veganism, and vegans are more prone to flus, colds, etc.
vampirexheart
Killjoy
vampirexheart
July 13th, 2007 at 06:02am
sure why not?
vampirexheart
Killjoy
vampirexheart
July 13th, 2007 at 06:03am
[quote="Cigarettes And Suicide"]^^^ Just a quick tip for you, profanity and chatspeak are prohibited on the Discussion Board - but you're relatively new so we'll forgive you this one. Just check out the rules before posting again if you haven't already Smile
quote]
sorry =/
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
July 13th, 2007 at 06:06am
http://www.naiaonline.org/resources/links.htm
These guys are my favorite I think. Certainly better then PETA. Im wildy against mindless animal violence and propagandaists.
Sorry!
vampirexheart
Killjoy
vampirexheart
July 13th, 2007 at 06:09am
cool im gonna go check it out right now=]
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
July 13th, 2007 at 06:38am
vampirexheart:
sorry =/

No probs Smile Don't worry, you'll get the hang of things pretty quickly.

In other news, I think we already have a thread dedicated to PETA and animal rights groups, so maybe some of this discussion would be more appropriate over there? I'm sure it's around here somewhere, just browse a couple of pages back and I'm sure you'll find it.

This thread, as the title suggests, should be purely dedicated to vegetarian/vegan diets, the pros and cons of such diets, whether you believe a person can survive and maintain optimum health levels on such a diet, etc.

(and just so you guys know, I pretty much think PETA is a load of crap - their tactics and propaganda, as well as the fact that they kill countless innocent animals for no real reason and disagree with animals being kept as pets, really rubs me the wrong way. I believe in animl rights, too, I just don't think PETA goes about it the right way or has the best of intentions at heart.)
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
July 13th, 2007 at 06:56am
We should just merge that with this. Vegan phillosophy and Vegan diets sort of go hand and hand
Millstone
Bleeding on the Floor
Millstone
July 13th, 2007 at 07:01am
LoversHeartDisease:
Im just ganna copy/paste
Veganism is totally unnatural. There is a reason Frankie is always sick XDD

If you have to calculate your diet to stay alive, it's probably wrong. We have cainine teeth for a reason.

Im ok with vegans themselves unless they are overly preachy or with PETA. I just think the idea of Veganism is insane.

*Can see a mass amount of people ready to attack me for this post

That's not true. Frank has been a sickly person all his life. He's only been a vegetarian for a few years now. And with all the chemical and preservatives added to our food today you're in no place to say Veganism is totally unnatural. I'm not a vegan or vegetarian but I respect other people's choice not eat meat or animal products. I don't really think there is really anything crazy about idea of Vegatarianism / Vegainism.Your body Your Choice. Mr. Green
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
July 13th, 2007 at 07:07am
I was kidding.

But I think there is place to say that it's unnatural: at least, it's unnatural to the human design. I think you have the wrong idea
TasteOfChaosBabe
Really Not Okay
TasteOfChaosBabe
July 13th, 2007 at 10:44am
I myself am a vegetarian. I have been for some time now, and after being school for awhile, (I'm becoming a veterinary tech), I can't even imagine eating meat anymore. I tried being vegan for a few months, and what stopped me from going all the way, was I took a trip to a dairy farm, and realized that there are some bad things about farms, but the farm we went to at least, took very good care of their cows.

I personally, could never eat the flesh of an animal. And I have to say, MorningStar brand makes the BEST veggie corn dogs.....mmmmm. There are so many alternatives these days, it's crazy.
oceanic 815.
Full of Ephedrine
oceanic 815.
July 13th, 2007 at 11:54am
PLEASE EVERYONE HAVE A PROPER DISCUSSION.
No spamming, joking, chat speak, ...
Or this is getting locked.
MrRandomGuy
Fabulous Killjoy
MrRandomGuy
July 13th, 2007 at 02:42pm
I see no sense in eating only vegetables and having to take tons of vitamins (and I know people who do that) when you can just eat the meat and not have to take the vitamins.

Think of it this way, animals eat other animals for nourishment. Why is it wrong for us to do the same?
river phoenix.
Salute You in Your Grave
river phoenix.
July 13th, 2007 at 03:53pm
But some of these animals are breed just so that we can eat them -- they wouldnt exsist if we didnt breed them. As long as they are kept in good conditions, and killed humanly, I have no problem with eating meat
jace wayland.
Shotgun Sinner
jace wayland.
July 13th, 2007 at 04:34pm
MrRandomGuy:
I see no sense in eating only vegetables and having to take tons of vitamins (and I know people who do that) when you can just eat the meat and not have to take the vitamins.

Think of it this way, animals eat other animals for nourishment. Why is it wrong for us to do the same?

There are other things to give you the vitamins I need. I have been a vegetarian for 5 years now. I don't eat any hidden animal products and I don't take tons of vitamins. I am not low on any vitamins.

The way animals eat other animals is different I somehow can not imagine a lion causing the harm we do to these animals. They don't give them drugs that make them so big and weak that they can't/barely can support themselves. They don't keep them in tiny enclosures where they can't turn around. They don't cause that kind of harm to them. That's why I think it's wrong but then again their is always the humane places where you get the meat fresh and you know that the animals have freedom.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
July 13th, 2007 at 05:30pm
Not all farms are like one ones you describe (as you mentioned). You can eat meat from cruelty free farms. I for one am 100% against factory far, conditions, but instead of moaning about it and refusing meat all together, I intend on acting. The best way to stop the way animals are treated in factory farms is to submit a large donation (perhaps from a local benifit you put together) specifically for the farms conditions. submit letters with thousands of signatures demanding that the conditions be improved.
Being a vegan will NOT stop the way the animals are treated, or the amount that are raised and killed in a year. Production will not stop. Your just wasting meat in all honestly, and that animal died for nothing.

So to all people that stress about farms, not all farmers are cruel. Hell..60 years ago, factory farms didn't even measure to the number of caring family farms that sold their meat to the community. It's all thanks to big business. That's why our fruits and veggies are so messed up too. They are being pumped with chemicals to grow faster and larger (plants have feelings too you know)
All we can do to stop that is to support cruelty free factory farms and your local hardworking farmers, and to TAKE SOME ACTION against the mistreatment of animals in the fams such as the ones you describe.
jace wayland.
Shotgun Sinner
jace wayland.
July 13th, 2007 at 05:57pm
LoversHeartDisease:
Not all farms are like one ones you describe (as you mentioned). You can eat meat from cruelty free farms. I for one am 100% against factory far, conditions, but instead of moaning about it and refusing meat all together, I intend on acting. The best way to stop the way animals are treated in factory farms is to submit a large donation (perhaps from a local benifit you put together) specifically for the farms conditions. submit letters with thousands of signatures demanding that the conditions be improved.
Being a vegan will NOT stop the way the animals are treated, or the amount that are raised and killed in a year. Production will not stop. Your just wasting meat in all honestly, and that animal died for nothing.

So to all people that stress about farms, not all farmers are cruel. Hell..60 years ago, factory farms didn't even measure to the number of caring family farms that sold their meat to the community. It's all thanks to big business. That's why our fruits and veggies are so messed up too. They are being pumped with chemicals to grow faster and larger (plants have feelings too you know)
All we can do to stop that is to support cruelty free factory farms and your local hardworking farmers, and to TAKE SOME ACTION against the mistreatment of animals in the fams such as the ones you describe.

I can't eat it I'm not going to go into detail but I hate even smelling it.
You know the song by Nickelback If Everyone Cared. That's how I see it. If enough people in the world cared and stopped eating meat the company would just be wasting the meat it would eventually hit them.

I'm not one to try and gross you out of meat. I have only grossed one person out and that was one of my best friends because she didn't vote for Frank and worlds sexiest vegetarian it looked like she was seasick. She hasn't eaten meat to this day.