Don't have an account? Create one!

What Is It About MCR

AuthorMessage
Meeshell
Awake and Unafraid
Meeshell
July 31st, 2007 at 01:29am
The fans of MCR have been named the most dedicated fans by many magazines alike. Is it just because the fans just happen to be loyal, or because MCR's music just caters to a loyal crowd? I think it's something else. Something about the band itself.

All my life I have been in love with music, mostly of the rock/metal genre. I was definitely dedicated to the art of music and music itself, but i loved so many bands that I couldnt ever call one group my ' favorite' . Until i found My Chemical Romance, that is. Unlike many fans, my life was not saved by this band, in fact, our beginning was a rocky one. I heard ' Helena,' which was the first song i ever heard by MCR and i didnt like it. At all. So, i was a little shallow, and just pushed My Chem out of my mind. Until WTTBP. And i liked it, but i wasnt CRAZY about it. Famous Last Words was the first song that i feel head over heels for. It took about three days for it to become my 'most played' on itunes. Soon after, my friend got mcr tickets, and she invited me. I couldnt turn it down. She lent me Three Cheers and the rest of Black Parade so i would be familiar with all the songs. After listening to all the songs and seeing them live, i fell head over heels in love with this band. I learned about every member individually and about the band as a whole, something i had never done before. The more i listened, the more attached i became. I joined INO and CD, bought Bullets, and its been love ever since. All the fans ive met seem to be attached to not only the music, but the band members themselves. Its personal. They are amazing musicians and people, but arent other bands? Yet there arent very many fans of those other bands as dedicated as most MCR fans are. I just wanted your opinion: What is it about My Chemical Romance that makes them so addictive?

(sorry for length)
transmission
Shotgun Sinner
transmission
July 31st, 2007 at 01:35am
Oh, I definatly understand how you feel. I feel in love with MCR just a few weeks before Revenge came out. I don't think there is anyway to describe why I, or should I say we? Love them
Missing Zero
Awake and Unafraid
Missing Zero
July 31st, 2007 at 01:37am
They love for their fans mostly.
Most bands dont acknowledge their fans as friends and family but MCR do and i think thats one of the reasons that we are all so attached to them. They know who we are and what we want and thats wat drives them to create music for US!!
Missing Zero
Awake and Unafraid
Missing Zero
July 31st, 2007 at 01:39am
killallurfriends918:
Oh, I definatly understand how you feel. I feel in love with MCR just a few weeks before Revenge came out. I don't think there is anyway to describe why I, or should I say we? Love them

yh i fell in love with tme too just before the release of TCFSR came out here!! lol
EDIT: soz the double post
Maybe Crazy
Salute You in Your Grave
Maybe Crazy
July 31st, 2007 at 01:44am
I think it's how much they care about their fans. That's one of the things, I think, that makes them so amazing.
transmission
Shotgun Sinner
transmission
July 31st, 2007 at 01:48am
And the fact that their music is so diverse, and colorfull. Haha
Meeshell
Awake and Unafraid
Meeshell
July 31st, 2007 at 01:49am
Carlie; revenge:
I think it's how much they care about their fans. That's one of the things, I think, that makes them so amazing.
yea thats definitely one of the reasons
Maybe Crazy
Salute You in Your Grave
Maybe Crazy
July 31st, 2007 at 02:02am
Yeah. I love the fact that each of their songs has a really different sound.
TRAGICAFFAIR?.
Joining The Black Parade
TRAGICAFFAIR?.
July 31st, 2007 at 03:31am
i think its just how dedicated they are to fans, and how much they care about everyone. like, i was watching this one spotlight on them, and gerard said something like they don't make the music just because, the make it to reach out to people, and that hit me so hard. they just have such good hearts no matter what.
eepshyes
Shotgun Sinner
eepshyes
July 31st, 2007 at 03:42am
How it's not about the money for them. It's about reaching kids, helping them through tough times. Encouraging them to be themselves, and the like.
. . .I wouldn't say they're dedicated to their fans, because it seems to me that they 'save' us and leave us in the dust.
Or it's my experience anyway.
Meeshell
Awake and Unafraid
Meeshell
July 31st, 2007 at 11:43pm
i was talking to my friend last night, and i think it may be because they are so unique. ive tried a lot, but i cant classify them into a genre, i mean rock, yea, but a sub genre....you cant do it, its impossible
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
August 1st, 2007 at 12:31am
yeah the same story with me , but your helena is my ghost of you , i fell i fucking love , they are perfect , i think the thing that makes them so spesical that they give you this feeling , its indescribeble , irreplaceable ,and i do belive that mcr fans are one of the most loyial fans in the world , we all shere this love for them and love eachother , and most of us think the same , and i think mcr is one of the few bands who tell you to get of you ass and do something about it , that helps
raventears
Killjoy
raventears
August 1st, 2007 at 01:48am
i love them cuz they make me feel loved and understood its like I'm special pretty and not a freak at the concert i went 2 a guy helped me up after i fell when i fall at school or something *which is often I'm clumsy* people laugh and walk away they give me and others hope and tell us 2 care 4 each other
The Collision
Salute You in Your Grave
The Collision
August 1st, 2007 at 01:55am
I had a cousin in Jersey who lent me Bullets and I fell in love with it. But I didn't really relate until after my aunt died. She died on my 12th b-day after finally succumbing to 16 years of multiple sclerosis. She was 34. I locked myself in my room and no music but Revenge and Bullets would be..relatable. I listened to Helena for hours and hours and it's been a love ever since. I love those guys with all my heart. I grew up with them, laughed with them, cried with them. They are a large part of who I am. They influenced the music I write. They are my "older siblings" in every way that matters. I don't want to seem pretentious or anything but I really do like them WAY more than any other band.
DESTROYA
Salute You in Your Grave
DESTROYA
August 1st, 2007 at 03:36am
i think its the fact that they care so much about the fans they are dedicated so the fans are you dont come across bands that are actually 100% for the fans that often (if that doesnt make much sense im sorry i was trying)
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
August 1st, 2007 at 08:40am
ok I think its because MCR is so different from every other band out there, you know. they care about their fans, they put life back into music, no song sounds the same as the previous. and on top of that, they dont fake it, they be themselves and i think thats why we love them so much, because we know that they're not throwing bs at us. i think maybe thats why they can make such a strong connection to their fans, and I've been a loyal fan since i first heard them.
gerardmabbitt.
Salute You in Your Grave
gerardmabbitt.
August 1st, 2007 at 01:32pm
The love for the fans.
And that they never quit, they are constantly trying to find new ways of saying their message and its always shown in a creative way. I also think that us fans are so dedicated to them, because they show dedication in their band, to their fans, they believe in us.
Brand New.
Demolition Lover
Brand New.
August 2nd, 2007 at 07:21pm
Well for me atleast.. i think what got me so attached was the fact that i could relate to the music in a way. And also, the fact that this band didn't care about getting big, unlike most bands i know.
Maybe Crazy
Salute You in Your Grave
Maybe Crazy
August 2nd, 2007 at 09:26pm
It's defiantly how different they are than other bands that makes me like them so much. And they're so easy to relate to.
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
August 2nd, 2007 at 11:27pm
Dunno. I first became a fan after watching LOTMS; I hadn't even really listened to any of their songs but there were two things that made me want to buy their other albums and become a fan instantly.
1:The fact that they can actually say interesting things about their music, their lives, and their influences without making me cringe because they're acting stupid or shallow unlike some people. *cough Benji and Joel cough*
2. What really suprised me was that Gerard put footage of himself drunk and completely wasted in the video. Most famous people (especially those with too much dignity to do stupid things on purpose) would have too much pride to do that but he decided he wanted to show what booze and pills did to him in order to keep people from making the same mistake.