Don't have an account? Create one!

What Is It About MCR

AuthorMessage
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
August 2nd, 2007 at 11:34pm
Carlie; revenge:
It's defiantly how different they are than other bands that makes me like them so much. And they're so easy to relate to.

Lol I think that's actually one of the strangest things about MCR fans. When I was a Good Charlotte fan everyone was all like "how can you possibly relate to the people in GC, they're almost 30, they're MEN, and you're a teenage girl." (Not to me, I couldn't relate to any of them at all, except maybe Billy.) You don't see that here, people are free to pretend they're similar to a bunch of guys at least 10 years older than them and nobody cares! I think that's because everyone in MCR don't do all the crazy things most famous people do or are in the paraparazzi, MTV Hollywood scene as much so they act more like real people.

This page is: Gerakeyfrob! What you get if you mush their names together!
vampires_hurt_me
Fabulous Killjoy
vampires_hurt_me
August 3rd, 2007 at 07:58am
Well, there's the whole "them saving my life" thing...
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
August 3rd, 2007 at 08:31am
^ yeah i agree with that! lol cause they definetly safed my life.

i think another reason we love them so much is because they didnt start the band for money, and they put real emotion in it, and each song has its own hidden message.
vampires_hurt_me
Fabulous Killjoy
vampires_hurt_me
August 4th, 2007 at 02:22am
Ghostgirl191:
^ yeah i agree with that! lol cause they definetly safed my life.

i think another reason we love them so much is because they didnt start the band for money, and they put real emotion in it, and each song has its own hidden message.

That's the main thing; it's where the saving lives comes from, it's where the energy comes from, it's where everything stems from.

They started this band to help people. Be it themselves (Gerard getting over his addictions, Ray being able to play guitar again, Frank having a future in music, etc.) or others (How many lives has this band saved? How many bad times has their music helped people through?), it was about doing something important, beyond what just living their lives would do.

MCR is about creating music with substance that helps people. There aren't that many bands that actually started with that mission.
MCRisforeversavingme
Killjoy
MCRisforeversavingme
August 4th, 2007 at 02:43am
the songs, all of them r just so emotional if u think about it and really listen 2 them, and tjhey r just such great musicians, i really dont think i will grow out of them for years 2 come.my mom wants me 2 drop them b/c she thinks tjhey r kinda evil, and they kinda r, but in a differebt kinda way... a good feeling not evil kinda way. even though tthat doesnt make any sense. i wwent 2 there concert in L.A, it was freakin amazin, and i didnt even know half the songs then and it was still amazin
My Sharona.
Bleeding on the Floor
My Sharona.
August 4th, 2007 at 02:46am
I don't think MCR fans are WAY more obsessed than some other band's fans, but like Frank said, 'and if they aren't, our kids can always beat them up'. xD
skittle_slut
Thinking Happy Thoughts
skittle_slut
August 4th, 2007 at 02:47am
maybe it is becaus they are so fucking awesome??? has anyone thought of that? i hate those little 9 year olds who only know the song wttbp!!!! i bothers the shit out of me!!! anyone who just listens to mcr for their incredibly sexy looks should listen, but not bother the real fans that have stuck with them since '02!!!
My Sharona.
Bleeding on the Floor
My Sharona.
August 4th, 2007 at 02:52am
Well at my school the whole 'Mychem' wave is over, thank goodness. I can live with people bagging me for liking them. It's harder when they're obsessive with no good reason.
vampires_hurt_me
Fabulous Killjoy
vampires_hurt_me
August 4th, 2007 at 03:19am
mychemfreak2207:
maybe it is becaus they are so fucking awesome??? has anyone thought of that? i hate those little 9 year olds who only know the song wttbp!!!! i bothers the shit out of me!!! anyone who just listens to mcr for their incredibly sexy looks should listen, but not bother the real fans that have stuck with them since '02!!!

"If for one minute you think you're better than a sixteen-year-old girl in a Green Day t-shirt, you are sorely mistaken. Remember the first time you went to a show and saw your favorite band. You wore their shirt, and sang every word. You didn't know anything about scene politics, haircuts, or what was cool. All you knew was that this music made you feel different from anyone you shared a locker with. Someone finally understood you. This is what music is about. "
- Gerard Way

It may bother me, and hell, even I'm guilty of occasionaly having a rant about "real fans", but you've got to remember what matters. It's not about the amount of time, the music you know, or anything like that. It's about how the music speaks to you and what impact it has on you.
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
August 4th, 2007 at 05:10am
^you are 100% right!

what makes mcr special is....
*the music they make
*the lyrics they write
*the fans they have
*the support they get
*how much lives they saved
*the band its self

but if i may point out mcr is a just a band there speical but there just like any other bandthat saves lives it dosent matter how powerful a band is at saving lives its the lives they save.

and it dosent really matter if there are people who only listened to a few or may be even 2 or 3 of mcrs songs.be happy that they atleast listened to the band and that they might gain power of the music and become a fan
it dosent matter if a damn teenie,9 year old,etc likes mcr all you have to do is ignore it and be happy that they found out who mcr is or will in the future.
yeah there are obsessive teenies but they dont know better so like i said mcr is no special then any other band out there that saves lives.

Franktastic.
Bleeding on the Floor
Franktastic.
August 4th, 2007 at 08:56am
It's what kind of people they are that makes fans love them.

dimes O.O
Thinking Happy Thoughts
dimes O.O
October 25th, 2007 at 03:35am
and my skool other than me every1 hate mcr i was all WTF!!but i love them =D hehe there music is the best in the world
My Sharona.
Bleeding on the Floor
My Sharona.
October 25th, 2007 at 12:00pm
I don't think MCR's fans are really necessarily better...we just think so because we are them xD

But if their fans were better, it would be because they're so 'fuck rock and roll' and they don't care if people are fat or skinny or what age or race.
Captain Jack Wonka.
Shotgun Sinner
Captain Jack Wonka.
October 25th, 2007 at 12:38pm
I honestly have no idea.
I've never fell in love with a band before I met MCR.
Never been attached to music before I heard MCR music.
And I still continue loving them even if all of my friends and parents hate them.

I've been wondering of the same thing for years now.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
October 25th, 2007 at 01:15pm
My love for the band stems from the fact that I can relate to almost every song they've ever written. There's something in it that makes me remember somewhere I've been, something I've done, something I've lived through and come out stronger for when it's all said and done. No, I'm not a teenager anymore, I don't go to school and I don't deal with all the nonsense that goes on there -- but I did, and I was the geeky kid in the corner who read books all the time and dressed in black and really only ever came out of my shell when I was on a stage. So I've been there and I know how much music like this can mean to that outcast kid who feels misunderstood by the world. Billy Corgan did it for me in the early 90s, Gerard Way is doing it for the kids now.

But as a whole, this band, besides making incredible music, seems to truly care about their fans and what is important to them. It's like they want everyone to know that you're okay as you are, no matter what anyone else thinks or says. I love the "It's okay to be messed up, because there's five other guys out there who are just as messed up as you are" quote from LOTMS.

And, as I've said before on other threads: The guys are comic book geeks. And I absolutely adore that.
The Ashcroft Moon
Bleeding on the Floor
The Ashcroft Moon
October 25th, 2007 at 08:43pm
I have no idea. It's just something..there. When I first heard Three Cheers..it was..like, just incredible.
harrystyles
Salute You in Your Grave
harrystyles
October 26th, 2007 at 06:01am
they're just such good guys. all five of them. and they put everything they've got into the music. all of their songs reach out to you in some way. and they're inspiring.

they're real and the music's real. Dance
Toronado
Bleeding on the Floor
Toronado
October 26th, 2007 at 11:15am
We have a team mentality.
Thanks to My Chemical Romance, we're no longer misfits, because we know there's five guys out there just as messed up as us.

And *that's* why we're such massive fans. We're not just MCR fans, we're the MCRmy, we're the Black Parade, we're demolition lovers, we're the MEANING of revenge -

AND THAT WAS THE MOST DRAMATIC POST I HAVE EVER WRITTEN.
TaraIsBack!
Bleeding on the Floor
TaraIsBack!
October 26th, 2007 at 12:18pm
2 words
They Rock

that pretty much sums it up with out trying to evaluate and analyze it all.
The Joker
Salute You in Your Grave
The Joker
October 26th, 2007 at 05:32pm
well
1) they treat their fans amazingly =]
2) they are amazing, very talented and unique
3) Fans can relate to them, they are all 5 geeky misfits and we love them for it =D
4) Their lyrics can bring hope and save peoples lives.
5) Finally - They have the nicest, coolest and most dedicated fans on earth Very Happy