Don't have an account? Create one!

Frerardness, is it appropriate?

AuthorMessage
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
August 7th, 2007 at 06:38am

Ever since I knew about Frerard, I have been against it. I just do not like reading stories about the band members being gay.
But now its happening in real life. And as much as I love MCR, I do not like this kind of stuff.
Like Gerard getting Frank, Ray and Matt Cortez to take off their shirts , Gerard and his 'bases' , Gerard talking about how 'hot' he is on stage And of course the famous Frerard kiss.

Im not liking this too much, I mean think about it. Yea, its 'hot', but do we or the band want to be known for this kind of stuff?
I understand about Prison, and how its about Prison Rape, but this is just too far for me.
Its getting too much of a normal thing, and to be honest I dont like that at all. Its just too out of character for them and completely inappropriate.

But hey, it might just be me, what do you guys think?

(And please no comments like "OmgZZZ ItZ S00 Hoo0tT!" )

Edit - 'bases' video is fixed! Wink

Rhys Webb
Awake and Unafraid
Rhys Webb
August 7th, 2007 at 07:14am
i like it, nor do i see anything wrong or out of the ordinary with it.
i write slash stories, i am an avid fan of it all.
are they causing any harm to the fanbase and the people around them? no, not really... they are just having fun. to me it is all staged, and nothing else.
they're men, they're going to take their shirts off... better then billie joe armstrong, who back in 1995 walked out onstage naked and played a whole show.
it's nothing to really worry about, honestly.
melodramatic fool
Salute You in Your Grave
melodramatic fool
August 7th, 2007 at 07:23am
I agree with you. I think it takes attention away from their music. I'm soooo not Homophobic, but I think in a way it's offensive for them to act like that? Maybe that's crazy....
I'd like them to go back to just preforming,or putting on shows like they do with TBP.

I think waht it is I don't mind it if it goes with the "Mood" when they're singing in concert and stuff but when they do it just for shock.

Fanfics I do get kinda annoyed,I mean how would you feel if someone was portraying you as something your not,especially something extreme like that. I'm glad people are creating but like Ray said "Sop making us have sex with eachother" (I'll try and find that vid and post it here)

Edit: Also remember when Gerard was talking about how disgusted he was about girls taking their shirts off to get backstage passes and stuff,I just kept thinking about that interview when watching the shirt clip. I mean I knowi t's different with guys but that's just what i kept thinking

Edit2: The link for "bases" thing isn't working,would you mind explaining what the hell it is?
Rhys Webb
Awake and Unafraid
Rhys Webb
August 7th, 2007 at 07:29am
girls are different then guys.
i am not disgusted when a guy takes his shirt off.
and besies, it's not like you guys can change theur minds about being horny on stage... if they want to do it, then so be it. who is still making millions of dollars?
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
August 7th, 2007 at 07:32am
^^It's okay for them to be a bit uncomfortable. I can understand, it creeps my friend out too (her family is more conservative about homosexuality.)
Cheerful Cynic:
I agree with you. I think it takes attention away from their music. I'm soooo not Homophobic, but I think in a way it's offensive for them to act like that? Maybe that's crazy....
I'd like them to go back to just preforming,or putting on shows like they do with TBP.

In my opinion I think the fact that they're doing all this nonsense shows that they're getting happier. During TBP tour, as I have read, they didn't cuss or interact with their audience at all and that was (again as I've read) a very turbulent and somewhat depressing period for them. Maybe happy=horny.
Millstone
Bleeding on the Floor
Millstone
August 7th, 2007 at 07:47am
because Ferard is....so new. They've been doing this for years its just that lately it's been more of it. But Ferard really hasn't distracted me for the music and it shouldn't distract you either. Ferard is just extra entertainment. Big Whoop.
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
August 7th, 2007 at 07:50am
to me, it's ok. it seems like they're just letting off whatever they have pent up. im glad they're getting it out instead of keeping it in.

plus, its just entertaining.

oh, and i think half the time it's going along with the song. for instance, before YKWTDTGLUIP (prison) gerard now likes to yell for the boys to take off their shirts, and then proceeds with a tirade of "BOYS!" screams. however, the song is about prison rape, especially between two men, so it just seems like he's kind of saying "fuck you, i'll become this character on stage."

plus its just what he does. i think its just how he gets on stage. some people get worked up and cry at their shows. others turn into sexually open wild men.

and its OKAY.
melodramatic fool
Salute You in Your Grave
melodramatic fool
August 7th, 2007 at 07:53am
Wel first off I enjoy the whole not cussing,my mum wil never agree if she saw the whole cussing stuff inbetween songs.

But I just think it ENCOURAGES teenies,everyone screaming "Seexxy!!" at the bases vid (Yeah i found it). I just want it to be about the music and the message,i dont' want to say i lost some respect for them,but 'd be lieing to myself if I didn't say i was sorta sad about it. There's no reason for the whole bases thing....I dunno.
And i don't think happy=horny . I mean that's just odd,I think one can be happy without feeling horny.
I guess in conclusion:
I'd just prefer if they tones doewn the sexual stuff and "Tones up" messages and speeches and things.
And it just encourages the teenies. When he touches himself and stuff it reinforces that ger@1d wayn is a SeXy B3@st
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
August 7th, 2007 at 07:55am
Cheerful Cynic:
Wel first off I enjoy the whole not cussing,I'm never gonna get to see them cuz of their inbetween songs speeches Wink

But I just think it ENCOURAGES teenies,everyone screaming "Seexxy!!" at the bases vid (Yeah i found it). I just want it to be about the music and the message,i dont' want to say i lost some respect for them,but 'd be lieing to myself if I didn't say i was sorta sad about it. There's no reason for the whole bases thing....I dunno.
And i don't think happy=horny . I mean that's just odd,I think one can be happy without feeling horny.
I guess in conclusion:
I'd just prefer if they tones doewn the sexual stuff and "Tones up" messages and speeches and things.
And it just encourages the teenies. When he touches himself and stuff it reinforces that ger@1d wayn is a SeXy B3@st
yeah, i'm sad that there really is more "gerard, get naked" and less of fans being fans for the music, but there's nothing you can really do about it. i mean, everyone has a teenie crush at one point. most of these people are young teens anyways
Millstone
Bleeding on the Floor
Millstone
August 7th, 2007 at 08:27am
It guess it kinda encourages teenies but why should they have to change their live show for some kids who probably won't even like My Chem next year. My Chem shows have also had a lot of sex and swearing. Why should they change because of they have more younger fans? Maybe young kids shouldn't listen to My Chem.
Nerual
Bleeding on the Floor
Nerual
August 7th, 2007 at 08:39am
Maybe the problem isn't that it's offensive or taking away from the music for the fans because we all know we like it. At least to a degree.

But maybe we should think about all of those people who want to take any chance they get to put down the music we like. They might use it as an excuse to say things like: "They have no talent! They're only popular because they act like queers on stage and make all the horny little teenagers go mad!"

I don't agree with what I just wrote they would say btw. Just so you know. Some people jump to conclusions easily.

Other than that I don't really see it as a big problem.

Though I think I'll start to get worried if they keep doing this for too long, or at least at this degree.

Because frerard and all that is fine. But if it becomes something that they do at every show and it's something that's expected, not only will the fans get just a tad sick of it (possibly), but it might start changing the experience and attracting the wrong type of audience.

That's all I have to say. I don't have a problem with it.
Blue to help me Fall
Salute You in Your Grave
Blue to help me Fall
August 7th, 2007 at 09:10am
I think they go a bit more extreme on stage at festivals, probably grt caught up in the moment
gerard is a consummate performer so i think he does what he does to get attention, like egging him on.
If it comes to a point it distracts from the music they'll cool it i'm sure.
I think it's because Gerard is so much happier and it's infectious.
INowPronounceYouDead
Thinking Happy Thoughts
INowPronounceYouDead
August 7th, 2007 at 09:36am
I didnt read ALL of these but I read the first few....okay my POV on it all is...

I think at first the band and maybe more of Gerard was trying to piss off straight 'jocky' guys....so it worked at first

Then it became "hot"

So he went to humping his monitor

Also became "hot"

He decided to talk about how guys's gf's wunna f*ck him to tick them off..but for some of the girl it was "hot" and sadly true

Then at the P.R show in AZ...Gerard went to 3rd base on stage LMAO(poor kiten)..but b4 that G asked that ONLY the BOYS take their shirts off swing them around their heads and throw them on stage...where Frank put one on..(EEW)...and Gee says..."Thats a mans shirt sweetie that came off a man"...I think that's just another stab at "straight guys" ( maybe=/ )...but I already know from leaving that many found it "hot"

But about the fanfic stuff...nobody is forcing you to read it or even think about it so like chill yea?

I dont have a problem with it and I'm not saying I dont like the stuff they do...but its to a certain point ya know..i say 'oh thats hot' or 'this is hot'....

but I agree with XKilling JarX....that I'll be worried also if they do this too long because I know that I expected the whole "gunna wash tht B*tch right outta my hair" speech and the beginning eerie music before the first song....and I even knew they were playing Heaven Help Us at the concert I went to.....but they didnt do the "Frerad kiss" so maybe theyre breaking the habit little by little...?
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
August 7th, 2007 at 10:04am

Yes, I do know that no-one is forcing me to read frerard, all I was stating was that I was against it.

Dont you guys think that the guys GF's should be taken into account? I mean Jamia and Frank are engaged, and Franks just gone and made out with Gerard.... I mean I would be kinda mad at that......

I really love MCR, they are my inspiration and my heroes, but I just dont appreciate how their doing this..... I just wish they would tone it down and maybe give some more speeches in between songs. Like I was proud to be a MCR fan when Gerard gave us his inspirational speeches.
Now, I hate to say it, Im not that proud to be a MCR fan if they keep up with all the sexual stuff. Its just too far for me.
Its also attracting the wrong crowds, soon no MCR fans who love the music will be going to concerts but teenage girls who want to 'LyyK H@vEE GeRaLdz B@bIeZz!!1!!!'
Its just, distracting from the music to me.....

I just dont think this is how it should be, where have their life-changing speeches gone? Neutral
INowPronounceYouDead
Thinking Happy Thoughts
INowPronounceYouDead
August 7th, 2007 at 10:14am
I'm About To Break.:

Yes, I do know that no-one is forcing me to read frerard, all I was stating was that I was against it.

Dont you guys think that the guys GF's should be taken into account? I mean Jamia and Frank are engaged, and Franks just gone and made out with Gerard.... I mean I would be kinda mad at that......

I really love MCR, they are my inspiration and my heroes, but I just dont appreciate how their doing this..... I just wish they would tone it down and maybe give some more speeches in between songs. Like I was proud to be a MCR fan when Gerard gave us his inspirational speeches.
Now, I hate to say it, Im not that proud to be a MCR fan if they keep up with all the sexual stuff. Its just too far for me.
Its also attracting the wrong crowds, soon no MCR fans who love the music will be going to concerts but teenage girls who want to 'LyyK H@vEE GeRaLdz B@bIeZz!!1!!!'
Its just, distracting from the music to me.....

I just dont think this is how it should be, where have their life-changing speeches gone? Neutral
I hear ya now...
Yea I kinda agree with ya now..I mean if I was Jamia and Frank went up to Gerard and madeout with him or whatver I'd be like wtf? You rather kiss your BESTFRIEND than ME?!?!....

I gues that IS a little to much..and yea it is kinda attracting the wrong crowd of people and its kinda super sad....cuz at the show I went to most the people in the pit werent the "real" fans....I could see that from fricken lawn=(

And I miss the inspirational speeches too cuz the ones he gave at the concert in AZ weren't anything close the two speeches he gave none sex oriented was the stab at Eliza I assume("gunna wash tht bitch right outta my hair"Wink and something along the lines of "Brains,Divorce,Friends..they all leave"...which both were kinda disturbing Shocked

*sigh*...I miss the old MCR in the since of Gerard being sober though.....not even that far back..just when Gee was getting married he seemed so happy yea?
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
August 7th, 2007 at 10:17am

^^
Exactely!
I miss The Black Parade kind of MCR, just afer TBP was released was when I felt so proud, but I cant explain about MCR's message to other people if they ask me if Gerard is gonna keep doing all this stuff.
Its just not something you can say to someone and be proud about.
And I thought MCR was all about pride.....
I just want the respectful MCR back, the ones that had speeches that could change peoples lives.....
INowPronounceYouDead
Thinking Happy Thoughts
INowPronounceYouDead
August 7th, 2007 at 10:32am
Yea...Maybe I'll write them a letter...I dont know if ill send it....but then again I wouldnt know where to send it to....but writing it out helps...Like after the show about 15 us waited for MCR's tour bus and they just left...left us there at 1in the morning super depressed..so I wrote a letter addressed to them about it=/

Yea i think they kinda dimmed the light that the moths were drawn to...you know?..

and it hurts as a fan to know they may ACTUALLY LOSE FANS OVER THIS...not me but you know generally speaking...

My favorite speechs are the ever popular 'Cult Speech' and 'how were at war speech'...and he was all like F*CK THAT Fuck Off !! haha
Mrs Rochester
Bleeding on the Floor
Mrs Rochester
August 7th, 2007 at 10:53am
I don't think Frerard is relatively new at all. There seemed to be a lot during the Bullets and Three Cheers tour and then as soon as TBP came on tour there was a lull in that kind of interaction on stage. I noticed this when I saw them in London and Birmingham and I'm glad that they have suddenly started interacting more with each other on stage.

The guys obviously know that the Frank/Gerard stuff can drive people absolutely insane in both directions and that's why they do it. I just like to see that they have found that spark onstage again.

Personally, I don't think it takes away from anything in a show. In fact it enhances it. How boring would it be if they just went through the motions? When they are up there that have thousands of people watching them and they have to perform both musically and in an acting sort of way.

I'm not saying everyone should like it. But the guys seems to favour it and I don't think anybody is forcing Gerard and Frank to make out. And Frerard has been around for ages and girlfriends haven't, visibly, had a problem with it, but who knows what goes on in their private lives?

Heh, sorry about the essay!
My Sharona.
Bleeding on the Floor
My Sharona.
August 7th, 2007 at 11:13am
Well, I think they started kissing and stuff to send a message that it's okay for guys to kiss and hug when girls do it. But then it became 'hot', like mentioned above, so they stopped for a while.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
August 7th, 2007 at 11:35am
Charli:

Personally, I don't think it takes away from anything in a show. In fact it enhances it. How boring would it be if they just went through the motions? When they are up there that have thousands of people watching them and they have to perform both musically and in an acting sort of way.

The thing is that it is a show, and I know that, but once they start having to do 'hot' things to enhance it, it just ruins it.
And they do act, The Black Parade is a whole act! And cant they draw attention in other ways?
And if sexual ways is all they can think of to get fans, then they might be losing a lot of fans who actually loved their music, and not the 'hotness'
Im not saying Im not a fan, Im pretty much obsessed, but once I saw this I was really on edge about it, I mean they've started doing it so much that its becoming really noticable..... Neutral