Don't have an account? Create one!

Frerardness, is it appropriate?

AuthorMessage
A.Dream.4.The.Dead.
Fabulous Killjoy
A.Dream.4.The.Dead.
August 4th, 2008 at 06:06pm
I don't think the whole Frerard thing is real anyway, I think that they're just trying to make a statement and to get a reaction. As for the whole fanfic shit, I actually think it's pretty messed up. If it's about characters that were already fictional to begin with, it's one thing, but when your writing about actual people it gets kinda creepy. I don't have a problem with Frerard, but I don't consider it to be hot or anything.
Jenny.
Jenny.
August 4th, 2008 at 07:36pm
I wouldn't necessarily say it's something to be PROUD of, but it's nothing to be ashamed of, either. I'm pretty much indifferent about it.
Yes, I do write the occasional Frerard, but to be blunt, it's because it's probably one of the most popular pairings in fanfiction, and let's face it, who doesn't like people praising, reading and subscribing to your story?
Amy-Faye
Jazz Hands
Amy-Faye
August 5th, 2008 at 12:26am
I don't think theres anything wrong with it. Yeah i do like it =]
But thats beside the point. I think they do it bcause they like it. And if thats how it is, i really don't have a problem with it

Hate on my if you want, its my opinion
temptation.
Shotgun Sinner
temptation.
August 5th, 2008 at 11:18am
I think that it makes MCR more special and different.There aren't many bands who do things like this.I actually like it,but I won't show the videos to my parents and if they see them,I'll be very embarrased.I can't say that I'm proud of what they're doing,but I have nothing against that.They actually entertain me a lot. (:
Woodstock '69
Jazz Hands
Woodstock '69
August 5th, 2008 at 11:37am
I think that it is fine. It's more of a let people how are in love, love more then a I'm going to try to make everyone in here horny act. I have recently noted that since he got married it has died down. I think that it's fine. I even find it kind of funny. Since they never note on there sexual orientation. But fan fic's that's a whole nother story. I wish people could go back to the I want him to marry me I hate to say it. In the words of the all and mighty Torosaurous "Quit making us have sex with eachother in your fanfics."
G Way
Jazz Hands
G Way
August 5th, 2008 at 03:40pm
There's nothing wrong with it, in my opinion. I think the whole point of it is to raise awareness of homosexuality and bisexuality (if that is a word, I think it is...) Anyway, They make a statement with everything they do, and I'm glad some of you think it's controversial! At least it made you think about something. And it's okay to just have a little fun sometimes. People should accept their choices and celebrate their differences. That's one of the many things that make them special! And I'm not gonna lie, it's pretty hot! And I like it.

And I totally agree with the last commenter about fanfics. Especially the ones about Mikey and Gerard having sex. That really creeps me out and I don't think people should do it. It shows disrespect towards the band.
Little Miss Mental
Bleeding on the Floor
Little Miss Mental
August 5th, 2008 at 03:45pm
I personally see nothing wrong with it...its their choices to act how they wanna on stage whether its kissing, fondling, or anything that might per chance be seen as gay or something. They're all hot guys who are confident in their masculinity, and since they are hot they have the right to basically f**k each other on stage. Sorry, the fan girl part took over, but my answer still stands, they can act how they want despite what anyone else thinks. Smile Go free expression!!!!
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 5th, 2008 at 04:34pm
Disenchanted Parade:
There's nothing wrong with it, in my opinion. I think the whole point of it is to raise awareness of homosexuality and bisexuality (if that is a word, I think it is...) Anyway, They make a statement with everything they do, and I'm glad some of you think it's controversial! At least it made you think about something. And it's okay to just have a little fun sometimes. People should accept their choices and celebrate their differences. That's one of the many things that make them special! And I'm not gonna lie, it's pretty hot! And I like it.

Totally agree

Disenchanted Parade:
And I totally agree with the last commenter about fanfics. Especially the ones about Mikey and Gerard having sex. That really creeps me out and I don't think people should do it. It shows disrespect towards the band.

While I find Waycest creepy, I don't think there's anything wrong with the other pairings. The band laughs at it - it's just a "what if" scenario; how is it disrespectful?
G Way
Jazz Hands
G Way
August 5th, 2008 at 05:22pm
Deb:
Disenchanted Parade:

Totally agree

Disenchanted Parade:

While I find Waycest creepy, I don't think there's anything wrong with the other pairings. The band laughs at it - it's just a "what if" scenario; how is it disrespectful?
Don't get me wrong, I don't totally hate all, fanfics. I just thought that Waycest was disrespectful and tacky. Thought I should just clear that up. Sorry if anyone got confused!
AwakexAndxUnafraid
Killjoy
AwakexAndxUnafraid
August 5th, 2008 at 08:08pm
Its fine. They're performers, and if they think their audience wants to see them make out (and from what I see here people most definitely do) then its a great addition to the show! I personally love it, though I think Bob's jealous he's always stuck behind the kit and never in on the action Wink
G Way
Jazz Hands
G Way
August 5th, 2008 at 08:34pm
AwakexAndxUnafraid:
Its fine. They're performers, and if they think their audience wants to see them make out (and from what I see here people most definitely do) then its a great addition to the show! I personally love it, though I think Bob's jealous he's always stuck behind the kit and never in on the action Wink
Yeah! I wanna see Bob make out on stage, too. It'd be extremely sexy and yummy Naughty
AwakexAndxUnafraid
Killjoy
AwakexAndxUnafraid
August 5th, 2008 at 08:50pm
Disenchanted Parade:
AwakexAndxUnafraid:
Yeah! I wanna see Bob make out on stage, too. It'd be extremely sexy and yummy Naughty

Bob+Ray+Bray action (hahaha I just coined a term)=pure sex
STFUvanner_x
Killjoy
STFUvanner_x
August 6th, 2008 at 12:50pm
At first, when I saw a video of Frerard, I was creeped out, but after a while, I got use to it. To me, I just think theyre doing it for fun. They also are against homophobia, and what theyre doing (from my opinion) is saying theyre against homophobia and thyere just gonna go crazy. Its not a serious thing to me, I just think of it as them welcoming ppl who are homosexual, and i think its pretty cool, because they respect them, and theyre doing something that they like, just like performing for us, which we like. I might be wrong, but thats wat i think. I also think its to spark up a performance. You know when they do all this crazy stuff, and thats one of them. Ehhh but idk, its just them. Its just something they do, like saying "hey lets go crazy an bring out Frerard again" since some fans enjoy that. Yet again, because they think its hot, but i guess its some way to make any performance fun.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 6th, 2008 at 01:00pm
EMERGENCY!!!:
At first, when I saw a video of Frerard, I was creeped out.
Why?
STFUvanner_x
Killjoy
STFUvanner_x
August 6th, 2008 at 01:15pm
Deb:
EMERGENCY!!!:
At first, when I saw a video of Frerard, I was creeped out.
Why?
Its when I started out listening to them, and I was at a really young age, where i had no idea what it was, but now realizing after a while and knowing more about them, since when i first heard them, it was one song, but now hearing more tjings about them, and reading more, i was fine with it. It does sound weird when I first thot it was creepy, but i never knew why at fiorst why they did it. Neutral
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 6th, 2008 at 01:18pm
I think that the very idea behind what they do up there is to make everyone feel more comfortable with witnessing displays of affection between same sex couples. I have raised my own with the same attitude, and I correct him when I see signs of the opposite. The values are ingrained in him now, I am proud to say Smile
STFUvanner_x
Killjoy
STFUvanner_x
August 6th, 2008 at 01:26pm
Very true. Its really cool to see someone like him that respect homosexuals, and I respect them as well. And you see ppl who hate them bc they are attracted to the same gender, and i just wish that, even tho they dont like them, just show some respect towards them. Its like, when I was talking to someone about homosexuality, and how ppl should respect them for who they are, and they said "Well, thats why no one likes them" which made me mad, i just said to them "Atleast theyre brave enough to do things you cant do. They are brave enough to tel ppl in their faces, when you are afraid to admit things to ppl anyways. Show some respect." im just glad theres ppl out theur who support them Smile
Ierosistible
Killjoy
Ierosistible
August 6th, 2008 at 05:11pm
I personally have no issue with it whatsoever. I actually really love it. I really won't elaborate on that one. LOL

As for it being done onstage and what not, I do think there is a degree of them playing it up because it gets people riled up, for good or bad. I don't think it detracts from their music at all, and if people see stuff like the way they act sometimes as a reason to write them off and not see the full fabulous-ness of MCR, they're just ignorant and not worth my time. I also think highly of the fact that Frank and Gerard are comfortable enough with each other to act that way - many people aren't. They're close - how close is their business. Two of my friends and I joke around like that all the time.

Fanfic - *sigh* First, writing about real people as opposed to fictional people can be weird. Second, I've seen a few - they've all been crap. That's just my opinion.

My personal pet peeve are the Mikey/Gerard shippers. That's just totally messed up.
jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
August 7th, 2008 at 09:53pm
I used to be against it, but now Im all for it.

I personally think they do it to get rid of sterotypical-ness/homophobia in the fans.
keep on living.
Shotgun Sinner
keep on living.
August 7th, 2008 at 10:06pm
Personally, I'm not a fan of it, and am glad it's not going on so much anymore.
But it's their lives, not mine. They can do what they want.

It shouldn't distract from their music, and I don't think that it does.