Don't have an account? Create one!

Frerardness, is it appropriate?

AuthorMessage
AwakexAndxUnafraid
Killjoy
AwakexAndxUnafraid
August 7th, 2008 at 10:51pm
Its not like they fight it. They know how much the girls love it; they hear the screams. They just encourage it when they do all the sexual stuff. If they seem to think its fine (and their wives presumably do as well) who are we to say they shouldn't?
Diamond.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diamond.
August 9th, 2008 at 05:08am
I don't care for it really. Sure sometimes it can be fun to watch or whatever. But I don't care for it at all. It's theirs lives too so they deal with it.
Egh, fanfics... eep.
facepalm.
Jazz Hands
facepalm.
August 9th, 2008 at 08:52am
heartbreak tragedy:
I used to be against it, but now Im all for it.

I personally think they do it to get rid of sterotypical-ness/homophobia in the fans.
/

Thats what I thought. *nods*
I never realised that "prison" is about prison rape! Shocked
It doesnt bother me. What I don't like is people going to their shows who don't care about the music but just want to see rockstars kissing.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 9th, 2008 at 10:23am
If I might just ask why some of you "don't care for" or are/used to be bothered by Frank and G showing affection toward one another onstage? Have you examined the possibility that this could be latent homophobia on your part? The reason that they do what they do, as I stated previously, is to get people like yourselves who feel uncomfortable witnessing people of the same sex behaving romantically in public to accept it as natural.
The music.
Salute You in Your Grave
The music.
September 18th, 2008 at 01:00am
It is in a way inappropiate I think they could of layed off it just alittle more. I known of people who couldnt listen to there music for a while cause they bought a parent to one of those shows Shocked

but the guys are married now so......
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
September 18th, 2008 at 10:08am
xfearsxofxfallingx:
I known of people who couldnt listen to there music for a while cause they bought a parent to one of those shows.
I'm a parent.
ShannonMOUTH
Killjoy
ShannonMOUTH
September 18th, 2008 at 05:49pm
I don't have any issue with it at all, actually.
I mean, it ISN'T taking away from their music at all.
I don't think they've CHANGED,
Maybe they're acting different on stage, but I mean, after 6+ years of touring, you gotta come up with new ways to entertain the crowd.

We all know a MCR show wouldnt be as fun if they just came on stage, played, and then left, without gerard addressing the crowd or ANYTHING.
We all want a memorable concert.

And I think that is what they're trying to give us.
They're entertainers.

It's not like they're bad people or ANYTHING.
Gerard, at my projekt rev show had all the guys take their shirts off.
---At least he wasn't asking the GIRLS to do the same.

They're just having a little fun
:]
NewHairSameShit.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
NewHairSameShit.
September 18th, 2008 at 07:17pm
^^Same here, it isn't like he had girls doing that. xD

I personally find it totally fine. I like Frerard, in fact. My dad knows about it, he
doesn't really care except for the fact he doesn't really love MCR.
He wouldn't take my music away, dude, he makes JOKES about Frank and G
being married/secret lovers/etc. I find it funneh. xD

I agree with Deb, the whole homophobia thing? Yes, if it makes you feel that
"uncomfortable" then pretty much...that is the point, to some degree, and to
get people used to it. Right on, Deb, you pwn at explaining, I just ramble and
use way too many commas. xD

And, just to reinforce this:
They are grown men. Their lives, not yours. :]]

xoxo

r
valiumobsequy
Awake and Unafraid
valiumobsequy
September 18th, 2008 at 07:49pm
I like it. I think it really gets the crowd going
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
September 18th, 2008 at 11:04pm
When I actually found out what it meant, it kind of freaked me out. It just seamed like they were fitting in with the stereo-type of them being "emo fags"

Once I got used to the idea I've got to say I think its pretty cool. In todays society its totally accepted that chicks can kiss, cause it turns guys (and girls) on, but you never see it with dudes. I personally laugh at their stage antics and couldn't care in the least if there was more back stage, MCR is amazing no mater what, and I'd love them regardless.

All in all I think it adds to their image and portrays their message of acceptance, humor and openness along with their contempt for the accepted image of society.
The music.
Salute You in Your Grave
The music.
September 19th, 2008 at 12:14am
Frerard is not a good first impression when people first see the or hear about the band. I'm stil trying to convince my brother they are not gay.
McR-Dead!-Hearse
Killjoy
McR-Dead!-Hearse
September 19th, 2008 at 02:59am
Me too, I mean I myself don't like this stuff.
It's sometimes funny (I meant it WAS) LOL.

but it could be very dangerous for McR to be clashed by criticizers.
Many peopel call them 'gay', though they're not.
so, we have to keep on convincing people that they're not 'gay's, but they'll never understand.

But I'm very very very... happy that they stopped it, for their wives' sake!
they got married, and stopped these funny stuff (I know Gerard called it 'hot', but believe that they've never been 'homosexuals'. they've just done it for fun.)

I'm against Frerard stuff, while most of fan girls (teenyboppers) say 'OMG! I love Frerard [Grankie] , it's sooo hot/sexy!'

and I think McR guys, themselves are sick and tired of this stuff too.

and they're really MARRIED!!!
so the latest Frerard was last year, some days before Gerard's marriage.
and then, never again...

and then, you see now, how much Frankie has changed!
He grew mustache, and gained weight!!! and cahnged his every style!

I'm happy, and I have loved McR, I love McR, and I will love McR forevermore...

The first priority is to love McR songs nad music ...
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
September 19th, 2008 at 09:33am
xfearsxofxfallingx:
I'm stil trying to convince my brother they are not gay.
But what if they were - would that really matter? What does someone's sexual orientation have to do with music anyway?

McR-Dead!-Hearse:
I myself don't like this stuff...But I'm very very very... happy that they stopped it, for their wives' sake! I'm against Frerard stuff and then, you see now, how much Frankie has changed! He grew mustache, and gained weight!!! and cahnged his every style!
But don't you understand that by stating that you are against PDA amongst males, you are perpetuating the very attitude that their onstage behavior is meant to discourage? I don't think marriage has anything to do with what the boys choose to do (or not do) onstage either; they've all been in steady relationships for years. And what does Frank's appearance have to do with ANYTHING? That's a bit shallow; you say you are about the music first, but it sure doesn't sound that way. If you were, you would shrug and laugh along with them when they do zany shit, rather than object.

CoMeXScreAminGXDoWn:
Right on, Deb, you pwn at explaining
Thank you Rachel In Love
cyAb6a
Salute You in Your Grave
cyAb6a
September 19th, 2008 at 05:33pm
i don't have a problem with it, i actually like it, i write fan-fictions, in fact almost all my fan-fics are frerard, but the whole point of it is to send a message about homosexuals, and how there's nothing wrong with that and by fighting your going agaisnt the very message they're trying to send by doing it
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
September 19th, 2008 at 05:39pm
McR-Dead!-Hearse:

and I think McR guys, themselves are sick and tired of this stuff too.

and they're really MARRIED!!!
so the latest Frerard was last year, some days before Gerard's marriage.
and then, never again...

You mean the band members? Cause I sure an't sick and tierd of it.

I never thought Marrige had anything had anything to do with it. It was just a persona to become on stage, or just be your true self and not care if people don't like it.

Whats the difference if they do it or not? I'm surprised at all the people who are glad its "over." Why do we care so much? Did you stop liking Dumbledore when he was outed? So what if two guys who we love dearly want to explore their sexuality on stage or behind it? Isn't being yourself a major part of the MCR phiolosphy? Not to mention "Homophobia is Gay"
cyAb6a
Salute You in Your Grave
cyAb6a
September 19th, 2008 at 05:50pm
^ you did a much better job explaining what i was trying to say
HOMOPHOBIA IS GAY
NJxMCRMY
Killjoy
NJxMCRMY
August 9th, 2010 at 08:52pm
The thing is that it's for the press. The attention and their open about it. Every other band does the same thing. Frerard is something I think should be expressed as a little inappropraite. But your calling them out but not Green Day or Avenged Sevenfold. I don't undaerstand that. In my opionon, I wouldn't worry about it. You can't judge the music just because Ray takes off his shirt or because Gerard and Frank may act a little gay at times. It makes you seem homophobic, and as Frank would say... Homophobia Is GAY!
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
August 10th, 2010 at 11:27am
I don't really have any issue with Frerard. I mean, other bands do that kind of thing and no one really does anything, like stated above.
skeleton00x
Jazz Hands
skeleton00x
August 11th, 2010 at 04:10pm
I see no problem with it. If Gerard and Frank want to kiss, thats all their choice. Homophobics might disagree of course.

Sure it makes some people write some creepy-as-fuck fanfiction, but thats not MCR's doing.
Kuu
Killjoy
Kuu
October 12th, 2010 at 05:37pm
If it's like a ''fuck you'' to all the homophobes that may have been in the crowd at the time like I think it is... then I'm fucking proud of them.