Don't have an account? Create one!

The Ghost Of You stolen?

AuthorMessage
Veeolin
Jazz Hands
Veeolin
August 17th, 2007 at 04:49pm
Dammit. Yeah, the guitar riff sounds very similar if not exactly the same. I can't understand the language, but what about the lyrics?
ToTheEnd..
Really Not Okay
ToTheEnd..
August 17th, 2007 at 05:09pm
The beginning is the absolute double
gerardmabbitt.
Salute You in Your Grave
gerardmabbitt.
August 17th, 2007 at 08:18pm
I agree, the guitar part does sound VERY much the same.
But, i dont know what they lyrics are saying so.
vee4gee
Motor Baby
vee4gee
August 17th, 2007 at 08:34pm
Demolition_Lovers977:
I agree, the guitar part does sound VERY much the same.
But, i dont know what they lyrics are saying so.

We need a translator lol
Veeolin
Jazz Hands
Veeolin
August 17th, 2007 at 09:22pm
I couldn't find an English version of the lyrics nor a Turkish translator, but here's the original ones. Maybe someone else could look for either of the above?

Original Lyrics:

Sen dur sus beni iyi dinle
Aklýnla bulursun doðru
Yolu bekle ben senden daha sahipsiz
Mahsur kaldý mahzun
Kalbin kalbimde

Bir aþk yaþýyorum
Söylemek zor geliyor
Bir kalp taþýyorum
Tanýmak senden bile zor

Ne senle nede sensiz
Ne benle nede bensiz
Nereye kadar
Nereye kadar (2x)

Dur dinle beni kaybetme
Kalbinle bulursun doðru
Yolu bekle
Kinlenme herþeyi kaydetme
Mahsur kaldý mahzun
Kalbin kalbimde

Bir aþk yaþýyorum
Söylemek zor geliyor
Bir kalp taþýyorum
Tanýmak senden bile zor

Ne senle nede sensiz
Ne benle nede bensiz
Nereye kadar
Nereye kadar(2x)

Sana karþý bu aciz duruþum
Tarifsiz baþtan çýkýþým
Sebepsiz deðil eriyen
Buz daðlarýný yakan
Vahþi tutkuna el pençe divan olmuþum

Ama hep amasý var zaten
Bu döngü hep kendine dönük sistem
Ya içinde kal akýntýya kapýl
Ya dýþýnda dur nehri seyret
Ýçinde kötülük varsa iyilik diðer yarýn

Ne senle nede sensiz
Ne benle nede bensiz
Nereye kadar
Nereye kadar (2x)

Ne senle nede sensiz
Ne benle nede bensiz
Nereye kadar...
just sleep.
Jazz Hands
just sleep.
August 17th, 2007 at 09:36pm
okay so this is the best i could find. there is not much translation in there but maybe it will help....

You cause to wait sus me good listen Akl? nla bulursun do? ru Yolu expectation mole senden more ownerless Product kald? funereal Kalbin kalbimde One each a? k or?? commentary suchlike ylemek compulsion bride One each heart even?? commentary dawn mak senden even compulsion Not benli for what reason sensiz Not egotism for what reason bensiz Whither as much as Whither as much as (2x) Cause to wait listen me loss Kalbinle bulursun do? ru Yolu expectation Kinlenme every? eyi registration Product kald? funereal Kalbin kalbimde One each a? k or?? commentary suchlike ylemek compulsion bride One each heart even?? commentary dawn mak senden even compulsion Not benli for what reason sensiz Not egotism for what reason bensiz Whither as much as Whither as much as () To you snow?? this helpless static? um Indefinable ba? dawn?? k??? m Without any reason or cause even if? province eriyen Ice even if? lar? n? collar alas i affected by hand pen? had sofa ripe? um But all amas? there is in any case This d? ng? all yourself d? n? k system Or i? indices change white? nt? or receptacle? l Or??? nda cause to wait nehri see?? indices k? t? l? k hallucination goodness di? man precipice? n Not benli for what reason sensiz Not egotism for what reason bensiz Whither as much as Whither as much as (2x) Not benli for what reason sensiz Not egotism for what reason bensiz Whither as much as.
perfectly flawed.
In The Murder Scene
perfectly flawed.
August 17th, 2007 at 09:59pm

Wait, are the lyrics the same, too? Because I doubt MCR would know some Turkish song and steal it. It just sounds familiar. Not that big of a deal.
Veeolin
Jazz Hands
Veeolin
August 17th, 2007 at 10:07pm
sandersidle:

Wait, are the lyrics the same, too? Because I doubt MCR would know some Turkish song and steal it. It just sounds familiar. Not that big of a deal.

The general accusation is the other way around. =P That the Turkish singer stole if from My Chem. And American music, especially bands as big as them, is pretty much internationally known.

EDIT: Oh, and as much as I can get from that translation it doesn't look much like the GOY lyrics.
pipa
Jazz Hands
pipa
August 18th, 2007 at 01:06am
They totally ripped parts of the melody from The Ghost of You.

And if I'm correct, it's up to the Turkish Warner Music to do something about it. If they choose to. They represent My Chemical Romance in Turkey.
LivingDead
Fabulous Killjoy
LivingDead
August 18th, 2007 at 10:22am
^turkish warner music!!!! soo effing funny!!

i have to agree... the openning is almost the same as GOY....><..
Lightning Zap
Motor Baby
Lightning Zap
August 18th, 2007 at 11:06am
vee4gee:
unapologetic apathy.:
yeah avril stole from MCR too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymUhCCxDPVk

She cant really have stole from them. The song ''Keep Holding On'' is on her recent album which was released after MCR's Black Parade, but the song Keep Holding On was actually released before in 2006 with something else. I cant remember now, but thats true. Im not saying that MCR stole from Avril...I think nobody stole from nobody lol.

Yeah the Avril one was just a coincidence. It was released with that movie... Aragon? I know it was something like that. There was just similar things happening, but no blatant rip offs like her Girlfriend song.
Victoriabigail.
Really Not Okay
Victoriabigail.
August 18th, 2007 at 11:24am
what the hell. the riff at the beginning is exactly the same. T_T
pipa
Jazz Hands
pipa
August 18th, 2007 at 05:02pm
LivingDead:
^turkish warner music!!!! soo effing funny!!

i have to agree... the openning is almost the same as GOY....><..

There are no major record labels in Turkey??
Then I'm sure nobody will ever give a damn about the stolen song. Unless it gets really big in Europe. And it's more likely to see Gerard riding a horse naked than to that happen.
Wanja
In a Hail of Bullets
Wanja
August 18th, 2007 at 05:19pm
wow the melody sounds very similar o.o
Suety
Awake and Unafraid
Suety
August 18th, 2007 at 05:45pm
Lightning Zap:
vee4gee:

She cant really have stole from them. The song ''Keep Holding On'' is on her recent album which was released after MCR's Black Parade, but the song Keep Holding On was actually released before in 2006 with something else. I cant remember now, but thats true. Im not saying that MCR stole from Avril...I think nobody stole from nobody lol.

Yeah the Avril one was just a coincidence. It was released with that movie... Aragon? I know it was something like that. There was just similar things happening, but no blatant rip offs like her Girlfriend song.

they spent 3 years on wttbp, didn't they?
theresiahs.
Bleeding on the Floor
theresiahs.
August 18th, 2007 at 06:17pm
Very similiar. Especially the guitar in the beginning o_T
perfectly flawed.
In The Murder Scene
perfectly flawed.
August 21st, 2007 at 07:14am
Veeolin:
sandersidle:

The general accusation is the other way around. =P That the Turkish singer stole if from My Chem. And American music, especially bands as big as them, is pretty much internationally known.

EDIT: Oh, and as much as I can get from that translation it doesn't look much like the GOY lyrics.

Oooh okay. I really need to read things more carefully haha. Well I still don't think it was intentional, and atleast the song wasn't from some popular band here. It's turkish. Razz
geesoul
Killjoy
geesoul
August 22nd, 2007 at 07:37pm
I could translate the lyrics for you all but i didn't visit this website recently, just coz noone seemed interested about this thing.
But the lyrics are not the same. He just stole the music i guess.
I reported this to so many magazines and newspapers (don't know if they would be interested) because i want him to be disgraced because he's a well-known singer in Turkey (unfortunately) and he represented Turkey in Eurovision Song Contest last year (European ones would know about it) I'm so ashamed that he did such a thing. Really. Coz GOY mean so much for me ... And this guy ... made it very bad .. i wish MCR could sue him but i guess they wouldn't care about it though they knew.
I love them all.
souverian.
Demolition Lover
souverian.
August 22nd, 2007 at 07:57pm
i dont think MCR can sue him because he is a foreign artist and would probably lie and say he never heard of my chem

but yeah it has exactly the same guitar riffs.
geesoul
Killjoy
geesoul
August 22nd, 2007 at 08:00pm
i hate that .. but you're right ..
he doesn't deserve respect ..