Don't have an account? Create one!

August 21, 2007 - MCR on My Super Sweet Sixteen

AuthorMessage
liveyourlife89
Fabulous Killjoy
liveyourlife89
January 6th, 2008 at 10:13pm
she didn't seem that excited...hmm...that was really sweet of them though! quite thoughtful, actually, having a band perform for her! i want gerard to come out of my birthday cake this year haha
Harlequinn
Salute You in Your Grave
Harlequinn
January 7th, 2008 at 11:39am
omg! thats sooo sweet.
those guys are amazing
Braaains.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Braaains.
January 7th, 2008 at 07:57pm
i thought it was a good thing to do but the girl was like just bobbing her head to the music and if they preformed at my sweet 16 i would be like spazzing out
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
January 7th, 2008 at 08:17pm
leavefamouslastwords:
i thought it was a good thing to do but the girl was like just bobbing her head to the music and if they preformed at my sweet 16 i would be like spazzing out
yeah i'll second that
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
January 7th, 2008 at 08:34pm
well, she was probably bummed the used couldn't come, but that's no excuse not to be excited. i mean fuck, mcr are like one of the biggest bands out now.
Gerard Arthur Way.
Demolition Lover
Gerard Arthur Way.
January 13th, 2008 at 11:17am
But yeah... after what she's been through, because she had cancer right?
I think she deserved it.
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
January 13th, 2008 at 11:29am
Faye Merci:
well, she was probably bummed the used couldn't come, but that's no excuse not to be excited. i mean fuck, mcr are like one of the biggest bands out now.

I agree with you.
annaaloves
Bleeding on the Floor
annaaloves
January 20th, 2008 at 09:13am
just because she wasn't spazzing out doesn't mean she didn't appreciate it and anyway, who cares?
shes got cancer its the least she deserves, it was so sweet of the guys to do that for her =]
jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
January 23rd, 2008 at 03:33pm
i wish mcr performed for me
oh! darling
Motor Baby
oh! darling
January 26th, 2008 at 02:01pm
if they wanted to perform for cancer patients, there are hospitals stocked with them.
this has nothing to do with compassion, this is mtv for ya.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
January 27th, 2008 at 10:25pm
^ wtf is that supposed to mean exactly?
perfectly flawed.
In The Murder Scene
perfectly flawed.
January 27th, 2008 at 11:27pm
d o r k e h:
if they wanted to perform for cancer patients, there are hospitals stocked with them.
this has nothing to do with compassion, this is mtv for ya.

Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
January 28th, 2008 at 12:11am
Trolll t-t-t-troll....anywho, this topic has been discussed to death already, dontcha think?
oh! darling
Motor Baby
oh! darling
January 28th, 2008 at 08:47am
keve'sLadyofSorrows:
^ wtf is that supposed to mean exactly?

well, it means that i don't believe in the whole 'they're so sweet and kind because they did that'. if they wanted to play for cancer patients, there a numberous patients rotting away in hospitals to play for.
this had nothing to do with empathy, this was purely based on the fact that mtv was giving them some airtime. free publicion AND coming across as the nicest guys in the world, pretty good deal huh?

i for one don't buy it.
ofcourse you're entitled to believe otherwise..
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
January 28th, 2008 at 09:16am
lol.

You're acting like they've never done anything for cancer. The band is a regular occurance in the Make A Wish Foundation (they didn't win that award for doing nothing) and raises money for Breast Cancer. They DO go to hospitals, obviously, if they're winning awards and shit. And you're telling us that they're doing it to just be on MTV? Maybe it isn't a huge conspiracy and they were just, you know, being nice. Totally selfish, amirite? Yeah, it was on a MTV show, but they weren't there just because. They were there to make someone feel better.

What if The Used did it? Would they be there just because they wanted free MTV time? Because MCR did nothing that The Used wouldn't have done.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
January 29th, 2008 at 07:58am
d o r k e h:
well, it means that i don't believe in the whole 'they're so sweet and kind because they did that'. if they wanted to play for cancer patients, there a numberous patients rotting away in hospitals to play for.
this had nothing to do with empathy, this was purely based on the fact that mtv was giving them some airtime. free publicion AND coming across as the nicest guys in the world, pretty good deal huh?

Wow. You're unnecessarily bitter and ignorant. MCR HARDLY needs to beg for airtime from fucking MTV at this stage, plus any MCR fan knows they don't give a SHIT about that stuff. MCR was recently named one of the top 10 contributors by the Make-A-Wish Foundation, was that just publicity too? What about Shirts For A Cure, is every artist involved with that also seeking publicity? They did this because they were told a young fan had cancer and requested them. How do they even know which people in a hospital want them to play for them? They have visited though - Frank discussed that fairly recently. You're one of those people I find myself looking at and going "WHY are you here again?"
oh! darling
Motor Baby
oh! darling
January 31st, 2008 at 04:56pm
^
and you are being unnecessarily rude.
yes i am bitter, but i'm not ignorant.
you asked me for my opinion, i gave it to you.
i'd expect more from a 39 year old to be honest..

you believe in it, i don't.
is that really something to get that worked up over?

i just don't buy it, the whole mcr thing, gut feeling you know?
and i don't give a damn if you don't believe me or agree.
infact, i'm glad you don't!

if you can't even state your opinion anymore on here.
then i don't know what INO turned into...
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
February 2nd, 2008 at 03:17am
Sigh...if you're bitter, then why are you here, Dorkeh? I've reviewed your posts, and they're mostly all about The Beatles. Wouldn't you be happier discussing them, since they DON'T seem to make you feel so bitter? I can't imagine what this band could have done to you personally to cause such bitterness, but yes, you are being ignorant. The term ignorant means not knowing, as in you are speaking incorrectly.

My Chem does not need to solicit publicity anymore, Dorkeh. And if you are an older fan, you will know that they don't give a shit about that stuff. Why would you taint such a nice act with your "opinion" that My Chem can't possibly just be doing something good for someone, but must have ulterior motives that don't even make sense? I also never asked you for your "opinion," I asked you to explain your random comment. You also failed to answer any of the questions I directed to you, and your reference to my age was both illogical and petty.

In MY opinion, it's a cop-out to take shots at someone and then couch it with the statement "It's just my opinion." No, it's slander.

And as for your lament about what INO has "turned into," look no further than we like to refer to as "Elizagate" - so named because INO received one hell of a black eye due to the wildly slanderous "opinions" being thrown around here during that time. A reputation we are still trying to rebuild here, almost a year later.

Ulimately, INO is a FANsite dedicated to a band we all supposedly love. I don't know what people like you get out of coming in here when you "don't buy the mcr thing" anymore. Wouldn't you be happier in a community devoted to things you like? It bums people out in here when the dudes get trashed on our very own threads by other supposed "fans." This is supposed to be FOR them - God knows they get it in the ass everyplace else.

Anywho, that particular MSSS was a special edition of the show, done for charity. The girl confirmed this herself. Endof. There's really nothing more to debate here.
oh! darling
Motor Baby
oh! darling
February 2nd, 2008 at 03:36pm
you know what?fuck it.
i came on here every once in a while to see if things have changed abit.
apparently not.i came here because at one point i loved it.
i am not giving my raw opinion about mcr am i?i AM keeping things civil.
i don't think everything mcr does is wrong, i'm not that 'ignorant'. but it's just sad that people on here can't even stand it when someone questions or disagrees with actions the band makes.

you are taking my opinion way to heavy. all i meant is that if they wanted to play for cancer patient, they should try a hospital instead of an overhyped mtv show.
now if you call that slander, i really can't take you seriously anymore.

and i am on other sites for bands that i do like, thank you very much.
infact, lately it has been stocked with ex-INOers looking for a drama free place.
and it's a messageboard for that band that showed me that realness, genuine and compassion has nothing to do with spreading so called messages and talking about saving lives. but actually interacting with your fans without thinking the world of yourself and just hang out and not take the world or yourself so goddamn seriously.
that last thing could be a pretty good idea for alot of people on here.
cheers.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
February 2nd, 2008 at 06:20pm
How can you disagree with an action that was meant to be charitable, and why does everyone have to follow your script? Also MTV approached THEM (and the other two bands involved) not the other way around.

This isn't about taking ourselves too seriously, it's about having to refute no end of insane accusations about the band being passed off as fact, rather than being able to simply discuss the material, a show someone attended or a funny interview someone found, the way that the Message Board was designed to function. The Rumours thread was intended to dispel rumours, not create them, and the Personal Lives thread was meant to document basic, bio-like information on the band, but got way out of hand.

The only drama in here is that which is created by people who enjoy stirring up the pot, like yourself.