Don't have an account? Create one!

What Do You See When You Hear....

AuthorMessage
Spirit of Jazz.
Motor Baby
Spirit of Jazz.
November 26th, 2008 at 10:50pm
for the sharpest lives, i imagine mcr singing in the utah salt flats. i don't know why. the melody just... yeah.
for helena, i imagine this old hotel, like decorated in a crossover version of like a victorian-era and greecian stuff. but its like this black-drenched wedding. if you took a wedding, and replaced all the white with black, thats what's in my head. i have it in my head that helena is getting married in this black dress and gerard shows up next to her and uncovers her face. then everything all kind of collapses (like in the idly video thing where the two people fall down) and theres nothing left, just gerard and helena's veil. he looks toward the camera, and the camera zooms in on his face, and a single tear falls down his cheek. Very Happy happy, right?
just my thoughts.
Don't Ignore Me
Killjoy
Don't Ignore Me
March 10th, 2009 at 02:26am
When I hear Sleep, I picture a little girl in a big armchair and she's watching a TV show. You know at the beginning where it has some guy talking, and it keeps jumping - well I picture that as someone on an interview on an old eighties TV and when his voice goes high, there's this little evil thing strangling him while he's talking (woot).

And then Gerard appears to the little girl, sort of fuzzy like in Smile Like You Mean It by the Killers, and he sort of sings the song to her.
Sweet, isn't it? Shifty
Hiroshima Lovers
Killjoy
Hiroshima Lovers
May 5th, 2009 at 04:50pm
When I Hear Our Lady Of Sorrows,I Think Of Two Teenagers Running Away Together Because They Are Misunderstood
made from neon
Salute You in Your Grave
made from neon
May 6th, 2009 at 12:04am
^ Way sweet.

When I hear Headfirst for Halos, I always see a sick version of Peter Pan play out in my head.
Criminal.Poet
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Criminal.Poet
May 8th, 2009 at 12:16pm
Awesome thread!

My most vivid is Cemetary Drive. I see a couple sitting around an empty cemetary at night just talking to each other and telling their stories. There is a girl who eventually kills herself in a bathroom at a gas station or somewhere.

Also in The End I see just all the emotion and characters of tbp swirling around Gerard playing acoustic guitar in black and white.
Dear Tokyo...
Salute You in Your Grave
Dear Tokyo...
May 8th, 2009 at 02:24pm
In Demolition Lovers, I see a really young version of Gerard standing in the middle of a desert and it starts to rain. The sky has a purplish tint and he's looking over a cliff edge. I don't know, it's kind of abstract.

Also, in To The End, I imagine Gerard and the rest of the band playing in a really dark mansion with blood red carpets and long winding hallways. Kind of like, the Haunted Mansion from Disney. x]
made from neon
Salute You in Your Grave
made from neon
May 8th, 2009 at 06:12pm
^ WTF ME TOO. Except it like, flashes back to when the mansion wasn't haunted and it was bright and sunny and such.

And in The Sharpest Lives, I see Gerard in a new sort of downward spiral, and he's like the type of homeless where he drifts from friend's house to friend's house and then at night he just kinda drinks it away. I get that one from the 'bender and it shows' line. xD
vengeance university
Shotgun Sinner
vengeance university
May 9th, 2009 at 04:38pm
you know what they do to guys like us in prison - i always picture the guys in jail, getting into crazy shenanigans. XD
a touch of anarchy.
Shotgun Sinner
a touch of anarchy.
May 26th, 2009 at 02:39pm
For 'Hell Kid, I see Gerard strutting his stuff down the higstreet in a pretty dress, all dolled up. xD
Amy Farrah Fowler
In The Murder Scene
Amy Farrah Fowler
May 26th, 2009 at 02:47pm
Helena- a car accident in the rain
Prison- Prison (Oh gee, I wonder what makes me think of that XD)
House of Wolves- Dark streets, with ambulances and blood on alley way walls
The Jetset Life- "Check into the Hotel Bella Muerta": A hotel next to a forest. "Lost in the prescription"- a phamacy. There's more to this one, but I'll leave it there
Cemetery Drive- a funeral
This Is The Best Day Ever- Escaping from a hospital and ending up at an amusement park

I'll leave it there for now.
a touch of anarchy.
Shotgun Sinner
a touch of anarchy.
May 26th, 2009 at 02:52pm
For Prison, I see Bert and Gee doing, uh, questionable things to each other. Shocked Laughing
Addabitty
Joining The Black Parade
Addabitty
May 30th, 2009 at 02:11am
For Desolation Row, proving that I am a show choir geek, I see a perfectly choreographed lyrical dance to the song. It'd have a lot of really sexy moves (such as "the other's in his pants" and "here comes Romeo moaning" ) and solo parts, and it would be really awesome. I could do it line by line, but I haven't made the whole thing up yet in my head.

And for basically the entire album The Black Parade, I have an entire musical planned out, with lots of awesome choreography. There, me being a show choir person again. There would also be black and white costumes, but with lots of colored lights that would change for each song. Each song would have a character, just about. For example, Mama would have a soldier singing it, The End would have a character (almost like Gerard) that I have just been calling "The Narrator", Dead! would have lots of crazy lights, kick lines, and a doctor and the Narrator would basically be singing it to the Patient, and so on...

For some reason, I always picture Cemetery Drive as a music video, very similar to the Ghost of You, with similar costumes. I don't know why, but I always picture it around the same time period as well.
Queen Obscene
Always Born a Crime
Queen Obscene
May 30th, 2009 at 05:58am
When I hear Give 'Em Hell, Kid I think of MCR. Very Happy
a touch of anarchy.
Shotgun Sinner
a touch of anarchy.
June 3rd, 2009 at 04:17pm
I also see Gerard in some skirt, screaming at this guy when he says "Mess you made".

Its strange, since its about pregancey, and Gee can't get knocked up, but still. xD
riot reality
Jazz Hands
riot reality
June 11th, 2009 at 04:32pm

When I hear "This Is How I Dissapear", I always think of this weird story type thing (that I actually wrote after a while, too). It's just like, these two lovers are fighting, and one of them ends up hurting themselves because they're so depressed. And in the end, the one who hurt themself kills themself, so they don't hurt their lover anymore. It's weird... but kind of romantic, in a pyschotic way xD

And when I hear "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)", I imagine a bunch of teens who were always bullied kind of taking over the school and getting revenge on the bullies.

I tend to think of a lot of weird things xD Hahaha.
Queen Obscene
Always Born a Crime
Queen Obscene
June 13th, 2009 at 04:06pm
Honey makes me think of Gerard being really pissed off, screaming and being mad.
gee-irl
Killjoy
gee-irl
June 14th, 2009 at 11:21am
Sleep (which I'm listening now xd) makes me see soldiers in the trenches and when Gee starts singing I see him as a soldier singing while he's yeah.. fighting and stuff but you don't see it very well like in a dream
and anywhere in the song I see Gee's eyes open and it's zoomed out so you see whole Gee lying on a bed while he's moving his hands to his throath and you see he doesn't get enough oxygen anymore and.. the rest I don't know xd
xmylullabyx
Killjoy
xmylullabyx
June 21st, 2009 at 03:39am
When I listen to Sleep, I see a bunch of werewolves and zombies and vampires and other various creatures of the night out having a drink at a bar. O.o
made from neon
Salute You in Your Grave
made from neon
June 23rd, 2009 at 04:21pm
Skylines and Turnstiles makes me think of 9/11, even though that's probably what most people think of.
the desperate ranks.
Always Born a Crime
the desperate ranks.
June 23rd, 2009 at 08:04pm
House of Wolves: I think of a teenage boy and a bunch of his friends being reckless - like doing drugs, stealing things. Towards the middle to the end of it, this group of kids sets this old house on fire at night. This house doesn't have any real neighbors, and it's in the middle of basically nowhere. It's an old lady's, and she's still inside. The boy, which is the main character, tries to stop them and gets in a fight with the "leader" of the group, and he ends up getting shot and killed.

Anyway, and while this is all happening, the band is playing a little ways away in the darkness, the scene and the flaming house as their background, and Gerard is doing a lot of crazy, violent movements while he's singing.

Heaven Help Us: I see basically different types of people in absolutely horrible situations, like in war, or in a third world country... and right before the chorus rolls around and Gee sings "someone save us," the people in those situations sing it as well. And when he's singing "You don't know a thing about my sins..." section, he's completely pissed off and screaming it at the camera. And there's something burning in the background. Maybe some type of building.