Don't have an account? Create one!

Gerard, Ray, Mikey, Frank and Bob, you have to read this

AuthorMessage
teh_patient
Killjoy
teh_patient
October 13th, 2008 at 02:31am
To MCR-
Well...I just want to say thanks. You guys saved my life, you gave me a purpose, you helped me realize my dream. I know that sometimes people forget this but...It's ok to be human. Everyone has their own opinion, and I know some people don't agree with you guys, but that's ok. Thanks--for my life, for your music--for everything.
alicemorgue
Killjoy
alicemorgue
October 19th, 2008 at 01:20am
teh_patient:
To MCR-
Well...I just want to say thanks. You guys saved my life, you gave me a purpose, you helped me realize my dream. I know that sometimes people forget this but...It's ok to be human. Everyone has their own opinion, and I know some people don't agree with you guys, but that's ok. Thanks--for my life, for your music--for everything.
same. if it werent for MCR i wouldnt be here, as werid as that sounds
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
October 20th, 2008 at 01:29pm
Hey Dudes: Thought you might enjoy hearing that during Saturday's NoFx show at the Crazy Donkey on Long Island, Fat Mike stated that despite the audience thinking that they were too punk to listen to My Chem, you are a really good band. "No, they really are!" he defended to the groaning crowd. Smile Deb
annaaloves
Bleeding on the Floor
annaaloves
October 20th, 2008 at 02:33pm
To MCR,
thank you SO much for the past 2 and (nearly) a half years. You have made me realise alot and your words were the words i needed to hear all my life, its almost as if you can read my mind and you've never even met me...weird lol. Whenever im in doubt, you're music is always there to put my mind at ease, to me you're music means that you are always there even when no one else is.
Normally you have idols and you just look up to them but with you guys, not only do i look up to you but i can also relate to you in some ways and thats one of the main reasons why i love you so much.
you started from the very bottom and ended up in a world famous band, making music that has inspired millions of people around the world...if that isn't inspirational i don't what is and despite all the success your still so modest and true to yourselves and you're fans.
You are truely one of a kind and thanks again for creating this band and making me the person i am today
love you all
Anna Very Happy
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
October 20th, 2008 at 02:40pm
P.S.: Having attended so many vintage punk shows as of late, I couldn't help but notice that the complexion of their crowds are vastly different from your own: they are majority male (i.e. no teenie-ism.) Made me wistful for your crowds to be similar, like they used to be. Nothing to do with being cute, either: there are cute punk bands as well, and they still don't attract fangirls. Bloody J-14 Disgust
MCRmom
Killjoy
MCRmom
October 24th, 2008 at 03:15pm
Dearest members of MCR:

Thank you so much for TBP. It's now been two years since we FINALLY got to hear MCR on the radio--in a town where the "hard rock" station kept telling my kid they "didn't play My Chem". Heh heh heh...when the Black Parade arrived, they had to abandon that party line!!

Your music allowed me to bond better with my 14-yr-old daughter, and two concerts solidified the love of that music as well.

I hope all's well with all 5--or 6--of you, and that your personal successes eclipse the professional ones you've enjoyed. Can't wait for whatever the next project will bring, but I'm sure it'll be amazing.
The Original Bob.
Demolition Lover
The Original Bob.
October 24th, 2008 at 08:52pm
Deb:
Hey Dudes: Thought you might enjoy hearing that during Saturday's NoFx show at the Crazy Donkey on Long Island, Fat Mike stated that despite the audience thinking that they were too punk to listen to My Chem, you are a really good band. "No, they really are!" he defended to the groaning crowd. Smile Deb
That is amazing.

guys you got a fucking high five from FAT MIKE. amazing. Love you so much.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
October 25th, 2008 at 02:36pm
^It's a known fact that NoFx seriously loves My Chem. The two bands used to play C-Lo together on Warped, and NoFx namechecks My Chem in "What's the Matter With Parents These Days?"
valiumobsequy
Awake and Unafraid
valiumobsequy
October 26th, 2008 at 01:31pm
^^well said
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
October 31st, 2008 at 09:24am
Bob, thank you so much for the update - it made my entire weekend (except for the bit where you remind us that your wrist will hurt you for the rest of your life - I figured that, but I was still so sorry to have it confirmed.) Sad

Frank, happy birthday, Hon - have a wonderful day with your 19 dogs LMAO

G, have a lovely visit Smile

Mikey, the comic made me smile - can't wait to see more!

Ray, congratulations on the new baby <3

xoxo Deb
Morgaine.
Jazz Hands
Morgaine.
October 31st, 2008 at 11:12am
Guys! I really miss MCR news every day - I came home and there was always something going on for me to giggle at! I cannot wait for you to come up with a new great cd, dvd, videos etc etc etc. I hope you all still having a great time, thanx for the random updates.
valiumobsequy
Awake and Unafraid
valiumobsequy
November 1st, 2008 at 04:22pm
Deb:
Bob, thank you so much for the update - it made my entire weekend (except for the bit where you remind us that your wrist will hurt you for the rest of your life - I figured that, but I was still so sorry to have it confirmed.) Sad

Frank, happy birthday, Hon - have a wonderful day with your 19 dogs LMAO

G, have a lovely visit Smile

Mikey, the comic made me smile - can't wait to see more!

Ray, congratulations on the new baby <3

xoxo Deb

ray has another kid?
the world is ugly
Jazz Hands
the world is ugly
November 1st, 2008 at 04:58pm
Bob:thank you for your update. im sorry to hear about your wrist hurting. i know your saying that you will play lighter, but i want to see what will really happen. no one would ever call you a p@$^y. congrats on your second shepherd. Smile
Frankie: i hope you and jamia have fun with your 19 dogs. and, i hope you had a marvelous birthday.
Ray: congrats on your puppy! their so cute when their tiny..
Mikey: still living on coke zero? nice. nice.
Gerard: did you have fun partying? Wink

To MCR: you guys are just, amazing. i can't wait for you guys to start up again, but please, take your time. we all love you guys. have a great break.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
November 2nd, 2008 at 04:25am
Marilyn Manson:
ray has another kid?
A new baby DOG, as per Bob's myspace blog on Thursday.
yousawnothing
Jazz Hands
yousawnothing
November 7th, 2008 at 04:20pm
This thread is such a great idea.
I really love the idea of posting this cause the chances that I'm ever gonna see you guys live is pretty much zero, unless you come to the UK again at a time when I'm not at school. I need to get this off my chest. I can't put this into words any better than anyone else here has, but this is from me.

From the top...
You guys are amazing. You changed my life. Everyone around me knows that; even the people at school who joke about it for whatever reason. I'm so much happier nowadays. Even my parents, who don't get the whole image of the band, know that it means so much to me and won't object too much. My best friend is likewise a real fan.

You got me out of a really tough time in my life. I'm not gonna go through the whole story; I'll just take up valuable space in this thread. But I was at a really bad time, and you gave me a way out, a reason to believe things could get better, could work out okay in the end.

I don't care how long I have to wait for a new album. I did it before and I'll go through it again. You guys have done so much...I didn't believe before there would be anything that could pull me out of the dark and twisted place I was in, but you did it, and I can't ask any more from anyone.

Sorry, this is gonna sound cliche and stupid, but I listen to your songs and think What the hell did I ever do to deserve something this good? You have changed so many lives, done so many amazing things. There aren't decent enough words to express my gratitude, so I'll try my best with what I've got.

Thank you. From the heart. We love you.
xo
Jess
Gerard.
Banned
Gerard.
November 7th, 2008 at 07:43pm
hi you guys inspired me to start a music program at my school and it worked i would like to say THANK YOU!!!!
I'm A Bullet.I Kill!
Jazz Hands
I'm A Bullet.I Kill!
November 23rd, 2008 at 10:25am
To MCR,
Hey guys, i know you won't read this and i am like in page 135 but i will write this anyway, in case you happen to read this.
You know, when I first heard about you guys, i was like, these guys are weird. and to be honest, i was afraid when i watched WTTBP. The first song i heard from you guys were Dead and i looked up for the song lyrics and i was not inspired because of the song title and and the vulgar language you guys used and i was not used to them yet. but then, a few months later( about 4,i think) i was searching up things in Wikipedia when i saw the word MCR again. i decided to read about you guys and it kinda hit me when i read about gerard and the 9/11 story. you inspired me, Gerard. Well i became obsessed after that. But now your looks are not the reasons why i like you guys, i like you guys because of your songs, how you think about life and i learnt how to deal with my problems by listening to you guys. it saddens me when i read about rumours that aren't true, how people want to invade your privacy and i know it would be so scary if someone knows about half of your lives. i mean, MCR is a band of humans, not gods. i hate it when someone actually worship MCR. and again, who cares about the colour of the members' hair? who cares if they are married to who? as long as they are happy, we fans should be too.
i wanna say sorry for the things i have said about you guys (I was such a teenie back then, young and dumb), hope you guys forgive me.
p.s i have never been to your concert and i am really looking forward in meeting you guys.
keep the faith,
Amber
FlatlineFlava
Fabulous Killjoy
FlatlineFlava
August 31st, 2011 at 01:02pm
TheGetawayMile:
I totally agree... and I just wanna add:
Gerard, or any other band member or crew that reads this, I just wanna say thanks again, and that what ever the fuck you guys do, we'll be right behind you. You've supported me and countless others in the 5-6 years you guys have been a band, by helping us through the bad times, helping us to stop taking other peoples shit, and helping us savour the good times.
In a strange way, you people have been like best friends, superheroes, and celebrities all rolled into one neat bundle. You guys (Meaning Gerard, Frank, Ray, Mikey, Bob, Cortez, DeWees, Pelisser* and all the crew) have been great to us- told us that anyone (fat, thin, rich, poor, black, white etc.) is acceptable, and I just wanna say sorry on behalf of my rather shit brain, for taking a small trip into your personal lives, and speculating rather heavily in the PLOTB thread on occasions. Whoever the fuck you hang around with, whoever you love, whoever keeps you sane- whatever they've done in the past, me and loads of other people don't give a shit, and we say: if they make you happy, we're also happy.
Thanks again dudes!

Ravi

P.S- I didnt say anything about Hickeys coz I didnt know what they were till now :s

*Yes- I did say Pelissier. I don't give a shit whether I get berated, or beaten- Pelissier was part of the band. No matter how apparently "Ropey" he was, he was still a piece of the group, and (theoretically) our lives.

well said, fellow killjoy. well said. Smile
Hah...If u guys r reading this.. I just wantcha all to know
thanks fer all d music, passion for fans, and all that. I don't actually care what u look like, or personal stuff for that matter. I just wanna tell y'all that ya really inspired me. yes I know im 11. but i have sum pretty weird experiences (kids mature much much faster these days) but somehow u guys..its like u r talking to us. like ya' really understand (which of course u do)....its unexplainable.

awww crap i'm getting teary again. and "The Only hope For Me Is You" is playing on iTunes. darn. Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Yes I'm really crying Cry
Day Of The Dead
Salute You in Your Grave
Day Of The Dead
August 31st, 2011 at 02:54pm
Watching My Chem playing Reading last friday really did remind me of how much I love these guys.

Thank you so much for everything. I'm so proud of you guys for coming as far as you have in these past years. To me, the message you started out with hasn't lost it's meaning to me. You still help and even save lives today; music is a beautiful thing to believe in. I won't say that you saved my life, but you inspired me to be the person I want to be and I honestly wouldn't be half the person I am today without your music.

And to all those people saying they don't like the change in music and hate on you for it aren't worth the bother over. I love Danger Days as much as I love Revenge. It seems your music reflects your feelings, and I'm glad you guys are happy now. The music is amazing! While I was watching you guys play The Kids From Yesterday I couldn't help but cry. It was so beautiful and such a wonderful song. Thank you so much for everything.

I'm not very good with words, but one day I can hopefully tell, at least some of you, how much you really mean to me. And I hope I don't sound like some deranged crazy fan. Because I'm not.
Just very grateful of you <3
FlatlineFlava
Fabulous Killjoy
FlatlineFlava
September 1st, 2011 at 09:02am
Day Of The Dead:
Watching My Chem playing Reading last friday really did remind me of how much I love these guys.

Thank you so much for everything. I'm so proud of you guys for coming as far as you have in these past years. To me, the message you started out with hasn't lost it's meaning to me. You still help and even save lives today; music is a beautiful thing to believe in. I won't say that you saved my life, but you inspired me to be the person I want to be and I honestly wouldn't be half the person I am today without your music.

And to all those people saying they don't like the change in music and hate on you for it aren't worth the bother over. I love Danger Days as much as I love Revenge. It seems your music reflects your feelings, and I'm glad you guys are happy now. The music is amazing! While I was watching you guys play The Kids From Yesterday I couldn't help but cry. It was so beautiful and such a wonderful song. Thank you so much for everything.

I'm not very good with words, but one day I can hopefully tell, at least some of you, how much you really mean to me. And I hope I don't sound like some deranged crazy fan. Because I'm not.
Just very grateful of you <3

awwww..... that is totally true.