Don't have an account? Create one!

Anyone else a fainter?

AuthorMessage
xtrinketx
Fabulous Killjoy
xtrinketx
January 3rd, 2008 at 07:53pm
i passed out from heat exhaustion waiting in the merch line at projket rev. on aug 11th in tampa FL (if that counts) ^^; i was ok after they gave me water and some food
MusicAddict628
Killjoy
MusicAddict628
February 1st, 2008 at 11:03pm
Well I passed out for like 2 min...but that ws because it was hot and those flippin crowd surfers came right toward me...her big booty hit my head with massive force...I woke up in my sisters arms thinkin *how the hell I get down here?*
Robert Corey Bryar.
Always Born a Crime
Robert Corey Bryar.
February 3rd, 2008 at 06:59pm
i'm going to bamboozle left in april with my sister to see mcr, and i have asthma, i'm taking my inhaler in, but i'm slightly scared i might faint... we both want to get near the front, but i'm just scared we might get crushed..
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
February 3rd, 2008 at 07:54pm
i almost fainted at a recent paramore gig.
it was as soon as it finished, everything went white and starry, haha
i was in the pit, too. and decided to sit on the floor and lay down whilst everyone was leaving..like you do.
The Joker
Salute You in Your Grave
The Joker
February 5th, 2008 at 03:39pm
Bobinson Crusoe:
i'm going to bamboozle left in april with my sister to see mcr, and i have asthma, i'm taking my inhaler in, but i'm slightly scared i might faint... we both want to get near the front, but i'm just scared we might get crushed..

Try not to panic too much about it =]
I've been to a couple of mcr shows and been near the front (couple of rows from stage) at both and never been crushed....if you do start to panic just get out of there don't try to stick it out because you'll feel rubbish and thats how you'll always remember the show... not good.
I recommend taking in either throat sweets or locozade sweets as they boost your energy levels so you don't faint =]
Oh and drink and eat plenty beofre the show and you should be okay Thumb up
Robert Corey Bryar.
Always Born a Crime
Robert Corey Bryar.
February 5th, 2008 at 06:28pm
dizzy water:

Try not to panic too much about it =]
I've been to a couple of mcr shows and been near the front (couple of rows from stage) at both and never been crushed....if you do start to panic just get out of there don't try to stick it out because you'll feel rubbish and thats how you'll always remember the show... not good.
I recommend taking in either throat sweets or locozade sweets as they boost your energy levels so you don't faint =]
Oh and drink and eat plenty beofre the show and you should be okay Thumb up

thanks so much... i'm making a list of stuff to bring Shifty2
MCR_changed my life!
Killjoy
MCR_changed my life!
March 15th, 2008 at 05:32pm
I passed out at PR with linkin park and my chem. i passed out waiting in line for merch dont wear a lot of black dont wear hoodies/jackets if its super hot out drink lots of water and eat some food most importan drink tons of water and keeep drinking the water
ciara.
Crash Queen
ciara.
April 21st, 2008 at 08:53pm
me and my friends skipped meal when we went to the MCR concert but it's no wonder why none fainted or felt awful during and after the concert. it wasn't a mosh and most of the people are just standing
but yeah
i agree with taking menthol candies with you, pain relievers (esp for headache), and water
Harlequinn
Salute You in Your Grave
Harlequinn
May 9th, 2008 at 12:24am
if the crowd is making crazy waves and going back and forth a lot i learned to not fight it. thats the best thing u can do until maybe the end of the song or a break where u can get out easily and get a drink or some fresher air
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 9th, 2008 at 11:46pm
After a late night, a full day of school, a long drive down and three opening acts, its easy to say I was exausted standing in the pit by the time MCR came on stage. Yet I'm glad to say I DIDN'T passout. I saved all the energy I could during the openers and kinda put myself into a trance once Billy Talent ended. I bet it looked creepy but it really worked! During the show I waited untill about half way through before I really started to rock out. And when I did I soon started to feel nousious which is when I knew to take a break. It was really a good thing there were a number of songs I didn't know cause I would rest during them. My advice for all is this:
1. Be good friends if your compaion looks close to losing it. I missed most of Teenagers cause had to argue with this tiny chick to get her to take her passed out friend out of the pit Arrggg.
2. Rest as much before hand
3. Drink gatorade to stock up on sodium and other nutirents
4. Bananas help out with potassium.
5.During the show, water would be a good idea, although its a pain to carry. I swear the only reason we stayed alive is cause I paid for a bottle, though I soon lost when I fell over
6. Some small candies to suck on would probably be a good idea, just don't choke!
7. Wear real shoes! Pretty self explanitory
Happy Moshing ~ Rex
luvbughcj
Killjoy
luvbughcj
May 11th, 2008 at 02:47am
There were a lot of people who were fainting at the St. Louis show last weekend. It got so bad that security went backstage and brought out two huge cases of water bottles and were throwing the bottles into the crowd. Also, people on the balcony were throwing ice cubes down to the crowd.

I had to take my sister out because she wasn't feeling well so we got out of the crowd and put a wet paper towel around her neck, then bought more water and I pretty much poured half of mine around her neck and on her back. After that she was fine.
maryaxe
Joining The Black Parade
maryaxe
May 11th, 2008 at 08:53am
When you're standing in the pit or wherever, don't lock your knees. A lot of people will do it to keep themselves from falling or to keep their place. What it really does is partially limit the circulation of your blood and can cause you to pass out from the restriction in the blood flow.
Make sure you get a decent nights sleep the evening before as well. Being pretty tired + very hot = nothing good. trust me.
sonic death riot
Killjoy
sonic death riot
May 29th, 2008 at 05:18am
Don't get drunk before the show. Drunk people on the floor....get stepped on.
facepalm.
Jazz Hands
facepalm.
June 1st, 2008 at 08:04am
I faint loads. I've never been in a mosh pit or anything, but I'm in a choir, and we did a christmas concert. I fainted, on stage, in the middle of "Ding dong, merrily on high," bringing down half of the back row with me.
Bullets of Revenge
Fabulous Killjoy
Bullets of Revenge
July 10th, 2008 at 12:34am
I almost fainted at The Used. The pushing was the worst I had ever experienced and I tried to tough it out but I was having trouble breathing. I had to fight my way out and watch from the side. I think I would have felt better if I had eaten before.

At MCR I was at the front and it was so hot. Everyone around me was passing out. It was pretty scary. Luckily I didn't pass out. It helped to just focus on the fact that I was about to see MCR live lol.
pitchforkred
Killjoy
pitchforkred
December 15th, 2010 at 12:50pm
I have not been to a concert before because they cancelled the two I tried going to. May 7th will be my first show but I am sure I will cry as soon as I see them on stage (being a fan for 7 years)
Theghostofconor
Killjoy
Theghostofconor
December 26th, 2010 at 12:46pm
if your that bad then dont drink anything but water the day of the gig , have a pasta dinner and just try to think about enjoying the concert.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
December 26th, 2010 at 12:49pm
My sister once fainted at a concert, and I think it was
because she was so overheated. I don't remember what she
ate or drank that day.

However I've never fainted. Just be careful.
Kick Start My Heart
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Kick Start My Heart
December 27th, 2010 at 02:13pm
I fainted at Nightwish three years ago because of the heat, it wasnt the most comfortable feeling waking up with two security guards carrying me but yeah like everyone has said keep yourself hydrated, bring snacks while youre queing and dont wear heavy clothes
Cheap Champagne
Motor Baby
Cheap Champagne
January 1st, 2011 at 09:22am
I almost cracked a rib once at a Billy Talent concert but I've never fainted. I'm so stubborn that it doesn't matter how I feel, I always stay in my spot (unless it gets dangerous, which it almost did at one concert).
I always make sure to drink plenty of water before and during concerts. If the guards have water, then I always drink when they offer it to the crowd. If possible, I also eat just before I go into the arena.