haha how good was "10% off your son's penis" lololol times 10000000
omg I know lmfao lmfao lmfao
Bruqua's (sp) Backyard lmfao

And Andrew's hair :tehe:
hellox
Killjoy
hellox
November 1st, 2007 at 07:49am
Got this off The Whitlams official website.

"I received The Chaser treatment on Wednesday night. It’s a strange feeling being satirised. On the one hand everyone quotes Wilde and says that being talked about is better than not being talked about – that the attention will fade into some kind of indistinct notoriety as the months roll by. On the other hand satire is really just a civilised form of abuse, and an incoming missile is unsettling just for the fact that someone has gone to all that trouble to annoy you for laughs.

I was out when the show was on, having supper after a great ACO concert. Seated next to me was a person who actually works on The Chaser so I was warned that at that minute I was being satirised in the lounge rooms of Australia. I was not to direct any vitriol at Andrew Hansen the impersonator, a lovely chap, and altogether too sensitive to cope with any criticism. No, the fellow to be careful about was Chris Taylor who had written the lyrics.

I record The Chaser if I go out on Wednesday night. Most of it is usually great. Sometimes there are parts that are a little lame. As I pressed play, I was hoping that the bit on me would fit into the latter category. The piece came on and I must say I really enjoyed it. “Who is this guy,? I’d buy his album,” I thought. Hansen had my rather basic piano style down well, and the vowel sounds and melody were eerily similar to what I hear in my head. But the lyrics?

The point of the song was that I only write about Newtown and continually name-check its streets and landmarks. I was a little bemused. I have only mentioned Newtown once in over 60 songs, on our sixth album last year. Before that you have to go back 8 years where I named 2 pubs in a song about the pokies. And the first 3 albums? Not a single reference. More pointed perhaps would have been the question as to why I so willingly bathed in the cachet of fine old Newtown when I had written so very little about it, and had only lived there for 20 years (not quite enough to be deemed a “local” around these parts). Why were they having a go when they didn’t even have a point? As The Chasers like to say, I decided to do a little research of my own.

There has been one female cast member of The Chaser. It was the very first series, and the actress was an ex-girlfriend of mine. Recently I was sharing a drink with her in London. Apparently she did not make it to the second series after a romance with one Chris Taylor turned pear-shaped. Could it be that as I was still seeing her on a purely social level during the first series that I had unwittingly become embroiled in a matter of the heart? Was a score being settled? I’m not sure.

Bachelors of Australia be warned. When dining with a woman make sure she has not been involved with any presently famous satirists. You may find yourself the butt of a spurious nationally broadcast joke.

Which I suppose is not such a bad thing. It’s good profile.

Tim Freedman"
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
November 1st, 2007 at 09:41am
Whaaaat!? How odd.
littlewindmill
Thinking Happy Thoughts
littlewindmill
November 2nd, 2007 at 12:52pm
i HATE Chasers after they did the Emo thing about Gerard, I HATE THEM!! GOD DAMN THEM!!! THEY INSULTED YOU ALL!!! YOU SHOULD BE ANGRY AT THEM
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
November 2nd, 2007 at 01:17pm
Umm... it was pretty hilarious, actually.
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
November 2nd, 2007 at 03:05pm
yeah and if you really like mcr then you should see the humour in it

i was pissing my pants laughing at it.
hellox
Killjoy
hellox
November 2nd, 2007 at 04:18pm
Me too. When I first watched it I didn't even see the caption down the bottom saying it was Gerard lmfao
It was really funny. I am able to laugh at myself, I mean, it's funny. Im not gonna stop liking my favourite show just because they were satirsing (is that even a word xD ) one of my favourite bands.
elliephant
Bleeding on the Floor
elliephant
November 3rd, 2007 at 08:24am
Well, they didn't really insult us all, because who says we're all emo? I thought it was hilarious. Even if it did look more like Jared Leto.
patrick wolf
Salute You in Your Grave
patrick wolf
November 5th, 2007 at 01:56am
^^ yeah, he didn't really look like Gerard that much anyway
the first time i watched it i thought it was hilarious
and then i downloaded it, and my friend was like "omg, its Gerard"
i wouldn't have even realised

i know im not emo, im not sure about everyone else here, but i didn't find it offensive at all
AstroZombies
Killjoy
AstroZombies
November 5th, 2007 at 05:23am
The Chasers are good cause they are idiots and they do really weird things ha ha...
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
November 7th, 2007 at 08:14am

Missy Higgins just posted a bulletin on MySpace, saying that she is "appearing as a special guest on The Chaser tonight".

I hope they aren't mean to her =[
I love Missy Higgins.
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
November 7th, 2007 at 10:41am
what emo thing about Gerard? i think i missed something there.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
November 7th, 2007 at 10:57am

I'm pretty sure I posted the video somewhere, I think it's in this thread.
It was the Emo washing powder thing (fuckingLOL), and the Gerard thing was just his name in the corner.
It was nothing major lol
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
November 7th, 2007 at 11:28am
oh the washing powder thing. lol yeah i remember that. i didnt see Gerards name anywhere though.
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
November 8th, 2007 at 12:00am
Ahahaha, that skit with all the musicians was so good. So much effort for just one skit though!!!
"Sorry... music was the better option"
misa misa.
Shotgun Sinner
misa misa.
November 8th, 2007 at 04:41am
hee hee it was so good last night
i loved the life is a musical gangsters. lol.

also the rubbish at the art store was funny

note: i thought the thing about Gerard was hilarious. its good to be able to laugh at yourself. its just a bad stereotype anyway
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
November 8th, 2007 at 02:07pm
the live ipod was so hilarious!

and i loved the modern art thing and ther thunderbirds joke
and joihn howard goiong "bu- uh- um- bu- bu-" funnynessss