Don't have an account? Create one!

Labels

AuthorMessage
AvengedRomace
Fabulous Killjoy
AvengedRomace
December 8th, 2009 at 09:40am
I hate the labels! I get it every day! the most common one I get is Emo? M'kay? What is Emo? Isn't it a type of music? And what really makes me mad is they call My Chem Emo? People need to stop, it is new low to hurt someone by giving them a label. Can't I just be myself and wear what ever I want?
teen spirit.
Crash Queen
teen spirit.
December 8th, 2009 at 07:58pm
Darkromance:

I guess it matters how much you give a sh*t and/or where you live. If youre in a school or just a place where people aren't going to do escalate it into violence and be immature like that, Then it's child's play.

the point has been made before that it's not just child's play because the abuse isn't physical. people don't decide to be emotionally hurt by things. true, people can be dramatic but that doesn't make emotional abuse okay, nor child's play. because people can be severely affected by emotional abuse.
I wouldn't use the term "escalate" either, because emotional abuse can be more serious.

nervesplitter
Killjoy
nervesplitter
December 11th, 2009 at 04:16am
lolis12007:
i think it depends on what they label you as. but i have been called:gothic,emo,rocker,goody-goody but i hate it when they say that im gothic and i don't believe in god...i do believe in god.oh by the way what's grebo?

greebos are grungees aka rockers i get called greebo wannabee cause all the ppl who like the same music dont like me making me not fit in Crying or Very sad
AvengedRomace
Fabulous Killjoy
AvengedRomace
December 16th, 2009 at 09:25am
People will say they hate labels and then turn around and say something about Preps, Or Jocks. it is kind pointless when you say you hate Lables but then Lable another person because of the way they dress.
Dana Way
Banned
Dana Way
December 19th, 2009 at 03:26pm
Labels are stupid. I was called Goth & Emo in high school because of the way I dressed. Now people don't label me anymore because they know they can't change me.
Search and Destroy
Search and Destroy
December 21st, 2009 at 02:53pm
Reminder to thread - this thread is to discuss labels it is not to post what you get labelled as.

Have a discussion about labels or else this thread may have to be locked.

Thanks
stay away;
In a Bullet's Embrace
stay away;
December 21st, 2009 at 11:32pm
labels are as said, drastically overdone, that being said, hopefully they will have been such a trend that them, as other trends with just go out of style....one can hope.
a touch of anarchy.
Shotgun Sinner
a touch of anarchy.
December 22nd, 2009 at 06:10pm
Well, I believe that lots off people who get labels, give them out too.

Seriosuly, how many 'emos' or 'nerds' call others 'chavs' or 'preps', and vice versa?

Lots of people complain about it, but before you do, make sure you don't give them out, even in your head.

PS-I am not saying that all people do this, I am just saying some do. Please don't take it as a personal attack, it is not.