Don't have an account? Create one!

September 22nd, 2007 - Gerard says that "Emo is a pile of sh*t"

AuthorMessage
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
January 6th, 2008 at 03:52pm
Merry_Murderess:
mikey_way_love_033:
Emo is a pile of shit. And I hate when people say gerard is emo.

AMEN!! Ugh, I hate when my shallow peers label me as 'emo'. I am me. I think it's the same case with Gerard.

Only kids who are too embarrassed of and/or lacking a personality that they paint their hair/fingernails/faces black and dress like idiots to stand out can be labeled as 'emo'. Begging to be noticed, even if others reactions are negative.

I am soo much deeper than that, and so is Gerard.
People can't be labeled emo at all.
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
March 7th, 2008 at 12:58am
i think it's actually hilarious that they toured with Christian bands ......
desert skies.
Shotgun Sinner
desert skies.
March 8th, 2008 at 11:45am
BANG;:
To be honest I agree with Gerard. I never understood how Emo can be a music label. I mean, I've never seen a music store with an "Emo" section.
My meaning of emo music is emotional music. And I believe that ALL music has some sort of emotion.
That's just what I go by.

Okay, so recently I did a presentation on labels. One of which was Emo. So my opinion has changed. Emo, which has been said many times before, is short for Emotional Hardcore. So, I both agree and don't agree with what Gerard is saying.
I agree with him about the label. You can't label a person Emo because thats like calling them Rap. It's a genre of music, not a stupid stereotype.
I don't agree with him about the music genre. Because like rock, country, rap etc. emo counts.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
March 8th, 2008 at 01:03pm
Collision Kiss:
i think it's actually hilarious that they toured with Christian bands ......
Christian bands aren't emo.
Bring.The.Words.
Salute You in Your Grave
Bring.The.Words.
March 8th, 2008 at 01:58pm
I really understands why he says that , sometimes complete strangers call me emo and I hate it (it's not because you're wearing skinny jeans, band shirt and you listen to a sertain style of music you'ee emo ) and yea mine really goes from rock to trash metal . So t's really annoying being called/labeled ike that ,
Citizen Erased.
Salute You in Your Grave
Citizen Erased.
March 14th, 2008 at 02:28pm
Rolling Eyes You're only emo if you call yourself emo. That's that.
guitarlover5
Killjoy
guitarlover5
March 26th, 2008 at 07:55pm
my opinion i think gerard is right they shouldn't be labeled ..so anything there just making music not chosen to be judge by some music company there just here for what they do if u realy think about it they have different styles of music every record is different they dont just have one sound such as "emo"
whis is crap labeled because there songs arent all about being supposively depressed... they have energy in there songs to .. thats just my opinion..

love guitarlover
Luisa-
Killjoy
Luisa-
April 7th, 2008 at 11:30am
I agree with gerard. with everything he said.
thats all Smile
sorry if that insults anybody but i do agree with him when he says that. i hate the whole "emo" thing full stop.
I agree with Misa-Misa Who said "You're only emo if you call yourself emo. That's that." i mean - what is emo anyway!? do you just wake up one day and think "im emo"? all music is emotional or else it wouldent be worth listening to!

Smile
Sonny Moore.
Fabulous Killjoy
Sonny Moore.
April 8th, 2008 at 02:40pm
I think labelling music as a certain genre because it's "emotional" is just stupid - almost all music is emotional in one way or another

And as for emo as a social label, I really don't think there's any such thing, just teens who think they're part of some special new movement because they listen to the bands the media labels "emo" and wear tight jeans
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
April 8th, 2008 at 02:43pm
ColinTheWeave:
I think labelling music as a certain genre because it's "emotional" is just stupid - almost all music is emotional in one way or another

And as for emo as a social label, I really don't think there's any such thing, just teens who think they're part of some special new movement because they listen to the bands the media labels "emo" and wear tight jeans
What "emo" kids truly are are scene kids.
Sonny Moore.
Fabulous Killjoy
Sonny Moore.
April 8th, 2008 at 02:52pm
gnihsams snikpmup.:
What "emo" kids truly are are scene kids.

Thank you! That's exactly what I tell people!
Yet I still get called "emo" for liking MCR, and I'm tired of being compared to those kinds of kids
Disenchanted2thecore
Killjoy
Disenchanted2thecore
April 9th, 2008 at 03:17pm
exactly ppl dont even know what they are talking about most of the time when they lable mcr "emo" ....have they even sat down and listened to one song all the way through.... none of their songs have ever said anything harmful.... and if they have i know its just feelings .... their are saying"take the knife put it to your wrist ... cut throught to the bone... there you go... now your emo"... no they say things that are so meaningful... expressing all emotions a person could feel... its just the main emotion they end up expressing and what jumps out at you when you listen to their music... is saddness... and anger... but so many other bands use that emotion and dont get into the "emo" label because its just not the same style.... wtf... the media can just go to hell for all i care... and i completely back Gerard the whole way!!
a day to remember.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
a day to remember.
April 10th, 2008 at 04:52pm
I strongly disagree with Gerard. He's usually more mature about speaking, but calling emo shit is completely out of line.
Emo originally meant emotive hardcore, a style of music, which I enjoy as well. Even if My Chemical Romance is not included with this, and they're annoyed by the fact that people are mistaken and lump them in with it, does not give him the right to call emo shit.
Starless.Eyes.
Killjoy
Starless.Eyes.
April 16th, 2008 at 01:37pm
^ I agree, since it is an actual genre of music, and they cant tell people what is a good genre to listen to. But i think he was talking more about the emo sterotype/ label. Not the genre...
Bunny Marie Way
Fabulous Killjoy
Bunny Marie Way
May 5th, 2008 at 06:22am
breathe for love.:
i no! i feel srry 4 MCR and the way ppl blame them for suicide when their tryin 2 prevent it. even sum of the MCR haters in my skool think MCR is emo and thinks all they do is cut their wrists, but good thing ppl stand up 4 them
same at my skool..it damn well sucks and all my friends think im emo because i like mcr
My Demise
Bleeding on the Floor
My Demise
May 5th, 2008 at 04:24pm
I agree with Gerard.
What people call "emo" is just scene kids, often with that "fashioncore" style.

There's alot of people there who label themselves as emo, because that's what other people and media say they are. It's stupid that such a big factor, such a big impact as media is so ignorant and under-educated in this matter.

The idea behind emotional hardcore ain't bad, though. That there is supposed to be an emotion behind every note they play, every word they sing. But it's just so dead, and has been for a long time now. I think it's time to let it rest in it's grave.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 14th, 2008 at 06:29pm
Citizen Erased:
You're only emo if you call yourself emo. That's that.

Funny thing is, I've yet to know an "Emo" kid who says they're "Emo". Gerard is totally right, its just a pile of shit, it means nothing. When I first heard his quote, I think my (then new) love for MCR doubled. I know a bunch of classifiably emo kids, most are my friends, but all won't say they're emo. Its like they agree that emo exists and that its a stereotype but can't see its where they fit in. To me emo is someone trying desperately to be an individual but doesn't know how so they turn to a broad school yard classification and come up with there own personal name for it...."(Lowers tight pants) Dude I'm not emo, (Swooshes bangs from face) I'm just not part of regular society" ~ Rex
DeToxic8_MCRmy
Killjoy
DeToxic8_MCRmy
May 20th, 2008 at 03:39pm
ain't got no soul.:
I agree. He can get very frightening when he's angry but I agree with him there. Personally, I think he means that the label itself is retarded. I agree with him and I understand why it annoyed him. I believe MCR is one of the most labeled bands out there and thats what gives them a 'bad reputation' cause people hear that they are 'EMO' and immediately start to bash them. If people would just listen Sad
I agree that Emo is a Media label, and meaningless unless you want it to mean something, of course Gee is hella pisst about the Mass Media Distortion, Bad for Business, unfortunatly not limited to the British press, there have been some really horrible "ducumentary" style stuff on ohterwise respectable news shows here in the U.S. I encourage U.K. fans to continue to speak out, because U.S, E.U, Aussie, & Canadian fans are listening even if nobody else is, It is not an Issue until you make it one, So Do!
Bittersweet Spell
Killjoy
Bittersweet Spell
May 20th, 2008 at 09:30pm
im not a big fan of rap but if you ever listen to (soem) of the lyrics to some songs how is that not emotional? im not talking about whehn there talking about partying but about how they grew up in the poor with no money orr abuse or how there brother got shot in a gang how is that not emotional. helena was about gerard and miekys grandma and she died. rap hasalot of death and emotion but they dont get called emo?
Its cuz how they 'dress' is not the 'emo' way which is crap
Heart Attack.
Salute You in Your Grave
Heart Attack.
June 5th, 2008 at 10:02am
I totally agree with Gerard. The "emo" stereotyping really pisses me off cuz MCR is completely against emo. They are anti-suicide- tell me how that's emo? I really admire MCR cuz of what they stand for and that they try so hard not to let the media beat them down with all their stupid crap.