Don't have an account? Create one!

Medical Marijuana

AuthorMessage
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
July 10th, 2009 at 12:45am
xxZalanortxx:
Oh yeah, the reason that so many people die from it, is because the only people that are stupid enough to do it while it is illegal are stupid enough to smoke all day long! Anything will kill you if you get tenough of it, even water will!
You can't die from smoking pot all day unless it was laced with something. It takes a lot of pot to overdose. You need 40,000 times more pot than it takes for you to get stoned (according to a site) to overdose on marijuana.

People die due to marijuana because they drive around under the influence, doing stupid things, not paying attention to things, etc, etc. They don't die because they sat in their parents basement smoking all day.
xxZalanortxx
Killjoy
xxZalanortxx
July 17th, 2009 at 03:45pm
Good point, so why don't we legalize it all then?
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
July 17th, 2009 at 05:29pm
xxZalanortxx:
Good point, so why don't we legalize it all then?
The same reason why it's illegal now.
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
August 10th, 2009 at 05:30pm
they definitly should legalize it mediciamally. It really has no huge negative health effects unless it's smoked, and even then it's healthier then ciggarettes, and alot healthier than prescription drugs.

hey, Jim Jones(the poison cool aid guy) was sick, and even he used it medicimally! He got better.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
August 13th, 2009 at 08:22pm
Darkromance:
and even then it's healthier then ciggarettes, and alot healthier than prescription drugs.
it is not healthier than cigarettes. it has been proven weed has more chemicals in it than pot, and tar still sticks to your lungs from smoking pot
samantha connolly
In The Murder Scene
samantha connolly
August 14th, 2009 at 11:12pm
Personally, if I had like, terrible cancer that put me in tons of pain, I'd smoke weed like I was being paid by the joint. I see no reason why it's a better idea to get loaded up on prescription pain pills versus pot... And making someone endure pain is absolutely cruel. Until we can come up with a pain pill that doesn't get you high, why not just cut out the middle man and let people get high? I HATE weed, but I'm pro medical marijuana.
demon dean
Always Born a Crime
demon dean
August 15th, 2009 at 10:33am
i feel that medical marijuana is wayyyy better than prescription pain killers. when its given, you only get a certain amount, and most likely no refils. when you go on painkillers, alot of the doctors that had given you the prescription, add refills, which could be part of the reason why so many people, who take pain killers for accident, back problems, etc; get so addicted to the opieds(sp?). often, marijuana is not physiologically addictive, unlike youre typical painkillers. therefore, we have alot less people dying of wrong pill combos, overdoses, and less people in rehabs.
LactatingMCRwalrus
Killjoy
LactatingMCRwalrus
October 28th, 2009 at 04:48pm
[quote="gnihsams snikpmup."]
Darkromance:
and even then it's healthier then ciggarettes, and alot healthier than prescription drugs.
it is not healthier than cigarettes. it has been proven weed has more chemicals in it than pot, and tar still sticks to your lungs from smoking pot[/qu

K pot and weed are the same thing. There is no tar in pot. After you grow it you dry it then smoke it it never goes through any type of process no chemicals at all. Dance Dance
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
October 28th, 2009 at 05:49pm
LactatingMCRwalrus:
K pot and weed are the same thing. There is no tar in pot. After you grow it you dry it then smoke it it never goes through any type of process no chemicals at all. Dance Dance
It was a typeo.

That's not true, go read up on it. You defnitely do get tar build up in your lungs, more significant amounts than cigs. If I'm not mistaken, marijuana creates natural tars... I've personally never smoked, but I have been around it. Have you ever noticed dark sticky stuff in a bong that accumulates and then you eventually have to clean? That's tar. I read on yahoo answers that if you smoke a blunt, the end gets sticky. That's tar. As for the chemicals:

"Marijuana contains at least 60 chemicals called cannabinoids. Researchers are evaluating how effective some of these cannabinoids might be in controlling symptoms of certain medical conditions. For example:

THC. An abbreviation for delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, THC is the main component responsible for marijuana's mind-altering effect....

Cannabinol and cannabidiol. These compounds have some of the properties of THC, but cause less psychoactive effects — the high. [...]

Also, marijuana smoke contains 50 percent to 70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than does tobacco smoke and has the potential to cause cancer of the lungs and respiratory tract. Marijuana smoke is commonly inhaled deeper and held longer than is tobacco smoke, increasing the lungs' exposure to carcinogens."

Just so you know, drying does nothing. The chemicals are still there, and the longer it sits, the more the THC strengthens over time.
NikkiSixxx
Killjoy
NikkiSixxx
October 29th, 2009 at 02:22am
Personally, I'm all for it.

I'm a regular smoker (Cigarettes and weed) and yes, there are some negatives to it, but there's also many positives.

Weed, like someone said (I forgot who) isnt physically addicting. Mentally, sort of. You don't go crazy from not smoking, you just want to badly because you like the feeling. It won't kill you. It really is impossible to overdose on weed, for the simple fact that you'd fall asleep before you get the chance to smoke enough to die from it.

Now, medical marijuana is different from street marijuana because med. marijuana doesnt contain as many toxins. Street stuff has many different chemicals in it to give you that high, and just like cigarettes, can give you lung problems after prolonged use.

For me, it's actually helped a lot. I used to have horrible rage problems, that subsided once I started smoking. It's calmed me down to the point where I rarely get angry about things. I'm also an Insomniac, so the smoking helps in that area as well.

As for the people who say that it'll get abused; it already does. So does every other drug. Even if America were to ban all the prescription drugs in the country, kids will still get high.

For instance, when my friends and I were younger and broke, we used to do "poor man's drugs".

We would go to the local CVS and pick up Robotussin, Tripple C's (cold medicine) or Dust Off (the crap to clean you're keyboards.)

We'd drink all the robotussin and experience what's known as a "Robo trip" and bug out for an hour or so, which is stupid because too much of that shit can kill you.

With the tripple C's, we'd take anywhere from 5-20 and just sit at the park for 3 hours and do nothing. They were horrible, and more dangerous than Robutussin. You couldnt walk, and if you tried, most of the time you'd wind up falling because you loose control of you're motor skills. Also, when you'd try and talk, it'd seem as though you're words were coming out faster than you're mouth was moving.

As for the Dust Off, it was the most dangerous, stupid thing I've ever done. You would get extremely high for a minute or so and everything would get foggy, then you'd come to and have a headache. We used to stay inhaling that stuff until my friend Michelle almost died. She had done to much and passed out (which often happens with inhalents) and knocked her head against her bathroom sink.

Now, I believe Alcohol is much more dangerous than weed, but it's legal. No one follows the drinking age law, and even if they can't get ahold of a fake ID or a guy to get it for them, people find it other ways.

I should know. I didnt exactly hang out with the best crowd 13-16, and they used to steal bottles upon bottles from liquor stores.

So, to sum it up, people find ways to get fucked up whether its legal or not. Weed is nothing compared to something like Dust Off or Robitussin (When abused) yet you can get those in any CVS or Rite Aid.
LactatingMCRwalrus
Killjoy
LactatingMCRwalrus
October 30th, 2009 at 03:48pm
gnihsams snikpmup.:
LactatingMCRwalrus:
It was a typeo.

That's not true, go read up on it. You defnitely do get tar build up in your lungs, more significant amounts than cigs. If I'm not mistaken, marijuana creates natural tars... I've personally never smoked, but I have been around it. Have you ever noticed dark sticky stuff in a bong that accumulates and then you eventually have to clean? That's tar. I read on yahoo answers that if you smoke a blunt, the end gets sticky. That's tar. As for the chemicals:

"Marijuana contains at least 60 chemicals called cannabinoids. Researchers are evaluating how effective some of these cannabinoids might be in controlling symptoms of certain medical conditions. For example:

THC. An abbreviation for delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, THC is the main component responsible for marijuana's mind-altering effect....

Cannabinol and cannabidiol. These compounds have some of the properties of THC, but cause less psychoactive effects — the high. [...]

Also, marijuana smoke contains 50 percent to 70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than does tobacco smoke and has the potential to cause cancer of the lungs and respiratory tract. Marijuana smoke is commonly inhaled deeper and held longer than is tobacco smoke, increasing the lungs' exposure to carcinogens."

Just so you know, drying does nothing. The chemicals are still there, and the longer it sits, the more the THC strengthens over time.

There are no chemicals in cannabinoids at all. Yes weed can fuck up your lungs but there is no possible way to get cancer for christs sake it heals it. For fucks sake it is a plant.!!!
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
October 30th, 2009 at 03:58pm
LactatingMCRwalrus:
There are no chemicals in cannabinoids at all. Yes weed can fuck up your lungs but there is no possible way to get cancer for christs sake it heals it. For fucks sake it is a plant.!!!
It just said they themselves are chemicals? The chemicals are what get you high. Weed doesn't heal cancer, there is no remedy for cancer. There are studies on weed and the effects of it on cancer, but it doesn't make it go away. It helps deal with the pain, mostly. I didn't say weed caused cancer, but it's definitely not healthier than smoking cigarettes. Cocaine comes from plants, that's not good for you. Mushrooms fuck you up. Tobacco. Alcohol. Just because it's a plant doesn't mean it's good for you.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
October 30th, 2009 at 05:21pm
Also, please try to monitor your language in here. This is for mature discussion.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
October 30th, 2009 at 07:29pm
LactatingMCRwalrus:
Have you ever heard of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol)? It just so happens it's the main chemical found in cannabis. It's what makes you high. Yeah, it's a plant, but just because it's a plant it doesn't mean it doesn't have natural substances in it that can potentially harm humans.

And I say "potentially" because I've smoked marijuana on several occasions and I haven't (seemingly) been harmed from it. But some people can be harmed. Some people can have a reaction to it that can trigger mental illnesses, like schizophrenia and anxiety.

However, THC isn't that harmful to humans. You'd have to smoke probably more than your own body weight to overdose on it or die from it (if that). But it's a slightly ignorant thing to claim, that cannabis doesn't have chemicals in it, when it does.

Also, cancer isn't "healed" by marijuana. Marijuana can help with pain relief, but that's about it. It isn't a miracle cure.

And marijuana can cause cancer. You're smoking it. It's carcinogenic. Carcinogens are linked with cancer.
Dana Way
Banned
Dana Way
October 30th, 2009 at 08:42pm
I don't smoke weed because of my morals and I would never want to poison my body with that shit.
antennas to heaven.
Banned
antennas to heaven.
October 30th, 2009 at 09:45pm
Dana.:
I don't smoke weed because of my morals and I would never want to poison my body with that shit.
did you not see steff's post?
mind your language.

also, that seems a bit irrelevant seeing as this is about medical marijuana, not about what you do.
Marilyn Monroe
Awake and Unafraid
Marilyn Monroe
October 31st, 2009 at 12:08am
Medical Marijuana may be a good thing as it gives relief. However, it can have very severe effects sometimes. It can be the trigger for many mental illnesses, and in some cases people can get mentally addicted to the high, which can cause a lot of problems. It's not good for keeping realtionships too... I feel that medical marijuana would result in the people using it more often than they currently would, and that's a worrying thought in my mind.
LactatingMCRwalrus
Killjoy
LactatingMCRwalrus
October 31st, 2009 at 06:24pm
gnihsams snikpmup.:
LactatingMCRwalrus:
It just said they themselves are chemicals? The chemicals are what get you high. Weed doesn't heal cancer, there is no remedy for cancer. There are studies on weed and the effects of it on cancer, but it doesn't make it go away. It helps deal with the pain, mostly. I didn't say weed caused cancer, but it's definitely not healthier than smoking cigarettes. Cocaine comes from plants, that's not good for you. Mushrooms fuck you up. Tobacco. Alcohol. Just because it's a plant doesn't mean it's good for you.

I smoke it all day long. The stuff is fantastic. End of discussion
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
October 31st, 2009 at 11:42pm
LactatingMCRwalrus:
I smoke it all day long. The stuff is fantastic. End of discussion

^That's nice, and I believe you can do whatever you want - it's not my life.

But that doesn't excuse ignorance. You claimed some pretty ignorant things, like cannabis not having any chemicals in it and that it can cure cancer.

It's common knowledge that cancer doesn't yet have a cure, and that cannabis does indeed have chemical in it.

Plus, that wasn't really adding anything onto the discussion.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
November 1st, 2009 at 12:31am
I think that if you use, you need legit reasoning. For medical reasons, I understand, as it can be used and not be more addictive than pain pills. However, I don't agree with doing it for fun, and wasting your life with it. Time is better spent on productive things, but that's just IMO. Whatever you like doing, it's your life.

I'm unsure of the procedures used for medical marijuana, but I'm sure it comes with strict guidelines and limitations so it's not abused, much like street marijuana is most of the time.