Don't have an account? Create one!

Cannibalism

AuthorMessage
Beeblebrox
Really Not Okay
Beeblebrox
January 10th, 2008 at 02:34pm
DIE! DIE! DIE!:

Though the reason we are often left alone "in the wild" is that we don't taste very good. Out diets are too diverse/processed. It's generally a biological oddity for animals to eat their own kind but it happens.

Human flesh has a consistency and taste very similar to chicken and seeing as how every year many humans die in the wilderness and are eaten by scavenger like animals (coyotes, hyenas, vultures, etc.) I would disagree about your opinion that we don't have a pleasant taste. We are never "left alone" by animals in the wild (or captivity). Just the other week a tiger ate the flesh off of a guys leg in the San Francisco zoo. I've also see hundreds of shows where animals attack humans for the express purpose of feeding. Sharks eat hundreds of surfers every year. And for the record, it is not a biological oddity for animals to eat their own kind. It's very common. A mother will devour her newborn children if she finds them to be too weak or unhealthy. I've see it with cats, dogs, mice and just today on the news a polar bear.

On a different note, after watching the remake of Sweeney Todd (for the fifth glorious time), I started thinking just how easy it would be for a morally bankrupt butcher to sell the meat of deceased humans. Makes you wonder if you already have eaten the flesh of another human being and just didn't know it. If we really taste like chicken, who's to really know the difference?
Murderscene.
Fabulous Killjoy
Murderscene.
January 12th, 2008 at 05:41am
well i for one think it's gross.
apparently eating human meat increases your life span so that alone is a reason for someone to start eating other humans.

Beeblebrox:

On a different note, after watching the remake of Sweeney Todd (for the fifth glorious time), I started thinking just how easy it would be for a morally bankrupt butcher to sell the meat of deceased humans. Makes you wonder if you already have eaten the flesh of another human being and just didn't know it. If we really taste like chicken, who's to really know the difference?

oh man Neutral
LittleSydneyScissors
Jazz Hands
LittleSydneyScissors
January 19th, 2008 at 07:03pm
Everyone is technically a cannibal. Humans are basically animals with a bit more of an advanced mind. We eat animals don't we? Well except vegitareans...but yeah. And I know many people who think blood tastes good. Is that not cannibalism? To find blood tastey?
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
January 19th, 2008 at 07:14pm
Sucre Vengeance:
Everyone is technically a cannibal. Humans are basically animals with a bit more of an advanced mind. We eat animals don't we? Well except vegitareans...but yeah. And I know many people who think blood tastes good. Is that not cannibalism? To find blood tastey?
cannibalism is defined as humans consuming other humans, not humans consuming animals.

to say that we were cannibals through eating animals, you'd have to define what makes a human and include animals in that description.

edit: even if you used the zoological definition of cannibalism, (a species devouring a member of it's own species), humans as a general race are not cannibals, because animals such as cows, pigs, and chickens that we regularly consume are not our species.
xxxGerardLoverxxx
Killjoy
xxxGerardLoverxxx
January 20th, 2008 at 08:27pm
canableism is wierd but hey thats my thoght.
Lady Wicked
Killjoy
Lady Wicked
January 21st, 2008 at 11:45am
Yes canibals are wierd, but usually there is a psychological reason behind it such as starvation- i dont think anyone but a nut juob would just eat another person
jonas erik altberg.
Banned
jonas erik altberg.
January 25th, 2008 at 08:46am
I don't see the HUGE problem in it, if its like the red indians, or people who live in developing countries. It's just, makes me feel abit queezy. Ouch. But i'm totally against people eating meat. [iknowican'tdoanyhtingaboutthat] but, cannibalism, I jsut think it's plain wrong if people like us eat eachother.
the greatest coward.
Bleeding on the Floor
the greatest coward.
January 26th, 2008 at 12:13am
I find it very morally wrong. I mean, there are obviously survival circumstances and things like that, but we're all agreed on that.

For religious purposes, not in western (and almost all eastern) society, it can be considered acceptable because they are not exposed to our veiws. What makes them wrong and us right?

However, we are taught from the day we are born (and in my opinion, that's a good thing) that murder is one of the greatest sins of all, and I believe it too. And committing such an act, THEN disrespecting the person's memory and their corpse by eating it is absolutely disgusting.

Basically: you'd have to be a complete and utter nut-job.
tommen92
Killjoy
tommen92
January 26th, 2008 at 10:02pm
Omfg...Its pertty repulsive just too think about...
Like I would rather die than eat human being...
Can`t belive people would even think about it..
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
mcrfanwhore101
Killjoy
mcrfanwhore101
January 28th, 2008 at 09:15pm
I'd eat a dead body to survive. Positivly.
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
January 30th, 2008 at 03:51pm

Consuming human flesh is such an akward thought, i mean the idea of eating the eact same thing that your made of is just hard to contimplate

but i think that in can be justified in circumstances that would need it, like for survival, if there was no other choice for sustanance it could be done .

however if people were eating human flesh in the same maner that tehy would say a peice of beef like to consume it not because its a matter of necessity but to enjoy it well thats a whole different concept isnt it .

idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
January 30th, 2008 at 05:03pm
Cannibalism seems like such a fucked up thought,but really it's kinda like eating animals,in a sense.
I would never do it,seeing that I'm already a vegetarian.
I'd eat like,grass and bark or something.
Littlemisschem
Fabulous Killjoy
Littlemisschem
March 24th, 2008 at 09:33pm
There are some places in the world, I think, that are still so uncivilized and they practice cannibalism. Then, in the news a couple of months ago, a lady had gotten murdered by her crazy boyfriend, and they found her body in his garage with an ear and arm missing. They later found the ear boiling in a pot and the arm with a fork stuck in it. Sounds gruesome, right? So then why do people still do it? They must have mental problems.
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
March 24th, 2008 at 09:48pm
Littlemisschem:
There are some places in the world, I think, that are still so uncivilized and they practice cannibalism. Then, in the news a couple of months ago, a lady had gotten murdered by her crazy boyfriend, and they found her body in his garage with an ear and arm missing. They later found the ear boiling in a pot and the arm with a fork stuck in it. Sounds gruesome, right? So then why do people still do it? They must have mental problems.
Or they could be starving to death. Or it could be part of their religion. Or they could live in a part of the world where it's normal.

Not all cultures are like your own. They don't have to be fucking crazy to be different.

---

On a different note, I myself think cannibalism is wrong unless the ends justify the means. If I were starving and there was a dead body nearby, well, I'm sorry to be blunt, but I guess I'd have dinner for the night. On a survival level, if I had to resort to it, I think I would, but normally, I think I'd never eat another human.
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
March 25th, 2008 at 04:53am
Scarlet.:
I find it very morally wrong. I mean, there are obviously survival circumstances and things like that, but we're all agreed on that.

For religious purposes, not in western (and almost all eastern) society, it can be considered acceptable because they are not exposed to our veiws. What makes them wrong and us right?

However, we are taught from the day we are born (and in my opinion, that's a good thing) that murder is one of the greatest sins of all, and I believe it too. And committing such an act, THEN disrespecting the person's memory and their corpse by eating it is absolutely disgusting.

Basically: you'd have to be a complete and utter nut-job.

yeah but Scarlet, u don't have to murder someone to eat them Razz
basically cannibalism is eating another being of the same species as u, whether or not he/she died by ur hand.

the brilliance of Sweeney Todd (bcoz his presence is inevitable in this topic) is that a bunch of hypocritical morally upright citizens unwittingly became sinful cannibals when they devoured Mrs Lovett's pies. same goes if today someone served u an absolutely delish plate of pork ribs and later told u it wasn't pork -- u've already commited cannibalism.

and if u were stranded in, say, an icy desert and faced the very real possibility of death by starvation, would u eat a fellow human (assume its already dead) to stay alive? personally i would. And if i was the dead one, i'd want my body to save someone else's life.

obviously'm not gonna commit murder anytime just to taste human meat. & im not buying it if its on the menu, either. ewks.
girl interrupted.
Salute You in Your Grave
girl interrupted.
March 25th, 2008 at 08:18am
If you were starving on an island, then fair enough.

Have you ever bitten your nails? Or the inside of your mouth? That's self-cannibalism.
Does that count? Because if it does, I'm sure a self-cannibal. Does that make me
morally wrong and sick?

miss mcr
Jazz Hands
miss mcr
March 25th, 2008 at 09:31am
I think that their were cases when people were stranded or stuck somewhere, and alls they had were their friends with them. Now usually they were already dead...so they would eat them.

i think, that if you were in ancient societies, that might have been acceptable. But, i think in the western world/customs, that has been deamed as UNACCEPTABLE!

i think nowadays it is a crime. but, 5453278 years ago, it was probably ok
miss mcr
Jazz Hands
miss mcr
March 25th, 2008 at 09:31am
I think that their were cases when people were stranded or stuck somewhere, and alls they had were their friends with them. Now usually they were already dead...so they would eat them.

i think, that if you were in ancient societies, that might have been acceptable. But, i think in the western world/customs, that has been deamed as UNACCEPTABLE!

i think nowadays it is a crime. but, 5453278 years ago, it was probably ok
Cherokee
Banned
Cherokee
March 25th, 2008 at 12:22pm
No doubt it's wrong!

I remember in the song "sharpest lives" : there is a place in the dark where the animals go, you can take off your skin in the cannibals glow. But still it's wrong, just thinking about it makes me sick!
LOLita
Killjoy
LOLita
March 25th, 2008 at 03:12pm
dying by starvation on a abandoned island? yes, please.
romantic dinner and maybe some sexy time afterwards? oh, hell no, sweety.