Don't have an account? Create one!

Song Layers....

AuthorMessage
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
October 6th, 2007 at 07:07am

Basically, I was listening to some of TBP songs, and I noticed some things I had never noticed before.
I heard Gerard really like harmonizing some bits and layering his parts.
I was really suprised and now I always listen out for new things that I might find.

What were you suprised on hearing in MCR songs after hearing them a couple times? Tehe
Bleeding; Juliet
Motor Baby
Bleeding; Juliet
October 6th, 2007 at 07:13am
um when i was listening to the prison rape song as my dumbass brother calls it....

um i heard. cant explain cant complain!
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
October 6th, 2007 at 12:24pm
i love how cemetery drive deffinetly !
and hang em high im always hear something in the back but i cant hear what hes saying ,,
skittle_slut
Thinking Happy Thoughts
skittle_slut
October 6th, 2007 at 02:16pm
blood has something, during when gerard says "FUCK" i cant really tell, but i think it says "thankyou"
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
October 6th, 2007 at 03:59pm
Gerard's little exclamation of "FUCK!" in Disappear.
skittle_slut
Thinking Happy Thoughts
skittle_slut
October 6th, 2007 at 04:15pm
i always thought he was saying 'far' cause it goes FAR!..........down
CherriBoomBoom
Fabulous Killjoy
CherriBoomBoom
October 6th, 2007 at 08:56pm
no it's fuck

and in blood it says: "but it's really quite alarming...'cause I'm such an awful fuck" and then you hear in the background:"ah - thank you!"

The thing that fucks me up is the whispering at the end of Vampires... I like CAN'T TELL what they're saying and it's annoying.. XD
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
October 6th, 2007 at 09:25pm
HOLYGERARD:
blood has something, during when gerard says "FUCK" i cant really tell, but i think it says "thankyou"

I'm pretty sure it's thank you.
The Joker
Salute You in Your Grave
The Joker
October 6th, 2007 at 09:29pm
Xx_Shadow_xX:
no it's fuck

and in blood it says: "but it's really quite alarming...'cause I'm such an awful fuck" and then you hear in the background:"ah - thank you!"

The thing that fucks me up is the whispering at the end of Vampires... I like CAN'T TELL what they're saying and it's annoying.. XD

ooh i know i know its:
And as always innocent like rollercoaster fatality like ghosts in snow and you have no idea what you're up against because i've seen becoming perfect as if sterling silver chainsaws went cascading....
Glitterlust
Salute You in Your Grave
Glitterlust
October 6th, 2007 at 09:49pm
i was reading the booklet that comes with the special edition cd the other day and ray was talking about all the different layers in mama.
i listened to it after and was like 'i never noticed that before!'
it was pretty awesome actually, makes you appreciate the song more

If you turn the beginning of Welcome to the black parade up really loud you can hear the metronome ticking in the background.
i noticed that the other day XD
it has to be really loud though cos it's only faint
Jet-Black Feeling
Killjoy
Jet-Black Feeling
October 7th, 2007 at 12:12am
^ Didn't know that one Smile
Uh...If you listen to To The End with only the right earbud/speaker thing, for the first few seconds, all you hear is Gerard singing...that's all I know.
dark desire.
Salute You in Your Grave
dark desire.
October 7th, 2007 at 01:26am
In To the End, RIGHT before the second chorus you can hear someone whisper, "kiss the bride" very faintly.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
October 7th, 2007 at 01:28am
Torofro:
^ Didn't know that one Smile
Uh...If you listen to To The End with only the right earbud/speaker thing, for the first few seconds, all you hear is Gerard singing...that's all I know.
That's because the right side has the vocal track and the left has the lead guitar.

In Cemetery Drive there's the faint muttering of "don't do it" over and over again, then there's the background vocals, and then after the "don't do it" there's a few little other mutterings.
skittle_slut
Thinking Happy Thoughts
skittle_slut
October 8th, 2007 at 01:55am
ooooooo if you llisten reallllllllllly carefully in the begining of disenchanted when there's the acoustic part, you can hear Ray moving around in the chair, but it has to be reallllly loud and it almost blows out your speakers.
My Sharona.
Bleeding on the Floor
My Sharona.
October 8th, 2007 at 02:05am
Well...I noticed how much Bob uses his toms compared to his snare...and also, I think he has something like 4 toms? When I tried to cover Welcome on my kit, I failed miserably.

And also, you can make out the words at the start of 'Sleep' if you listen hard enough.
malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
October 8th, 2007 at 09:36am
Lord Corganmort.:

Wow I love that bit.

I noticed MCR has trumpets/woodwind in Dead!
Toronado
Bleeding on the Floor
Toronado
October 8th, 2007 at 11:07am
My Sharona.:
Well...I noticed how much Bob uses his toms compared to his snare...and also, I think he has something like 4 toms? When I tried to cover Welcome on my kit, I failed miserably.

And also, you can make out the words at the start of 'Sleep' if you listen hard enough.

In WTTBP Bob uses a full kit, like this. ((edit - you can see Bob playing the whole thing on the full kit here, although you have to wait until about 00.48.))

This may be coming from my obsessive fangirl mind, but all my friends hear it too: in Honey, the line And you can't keep my brother, and you won't fuck my friends sounds an awful lot like And you can't keep my brother, and you won't fuck my frank.
Captain Jack Wonka.
Shotgun Sinner
Captain Jack Wonka.
October 8th, 2007 at 12:08pm
Andy Wainwright:

And you can't keep my brother, and you won't fuck my frank.

I don't think it's all made-up by you and your friends' minds... I think I her that too. -_-'
The Joker
Salute You in Your Grave
The Joker
October 8th, 2007 at 06:38pm
Peter Pansy.:
Lord Corganmort.:

Wow I love that bit.

I noticed MCR has trumpets/woodwind in Dead!

^^^that was franks idea (the woodwind bit in dead)
Laughing
skittle_slut
Thinking Happy Thoughts
skittle_slut
October 9th, 2007 at 12:11am
My Sharona.:

at the begining of sleep it's: these night tremors more like.... tremors terrors... feels like some thing is gripping my throat... squeezing..terrors
or something to that effect. really creepy, but it's about what gerard went through when they were recording at the paramour