Don't have an account? Create one!

Violence

AuthorMessage
sherlock!
Crash Queen
sherlock!
February 10th, 2008 at 02:43am
Violence really doesn't get you anywhere.

It's really just a way to physically evaporate steam. Something you can do without getting yourself in trouble.
Sex and Candy
Salute You in Your Grave
Sex and Candy
February 10th, 2008 at 06:39am
I think that if people mess with you and you've told them to stop and they just carry on then you should kick their asses!!!! like this other thing, she has always given me shit, swore me, broke me down everyday ect. and the other day I just gave her one smack and she has left me alone ever since so im quite happy about that! I finally got back at her
Richey Edwards.
Demolition Lover
Richey Edwards.
February 10th, 2008 at 06:05pm
Violence is a bitch. Unless its a last resort.
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
March 7th, 2008 at 10:01pm
in world history right now we're learning about sparta, sparta was a military-state in ancient greece. when a baby boy was born he was examined by a physician and if any defects were found, the beby was left for dead. at the age of seven if you were a boy, you were taken from your mother and sent to training, were you learned to kill and brutally attack, many boys died through out training because of how brutal it was. you trained until accepted in to the army, and because of how the spartans trained, not many people dared to try them.

so the vilonce was benificial in a way, but imagine being a seven year old boy and going through that, being beat to death in some cases
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
March 8th, 2008 at 12:18am
CyanideRomantic:
But its not part of the human nature..you learn what is pressed against you, natrual instinct only goes so far

I don't think that's true, actually. Some people are just naturally angry and violent. I know for a fact that aggressive and angry nature is a trait in one side of my family - and along with it comes the physical reaction of anger and aggression, which is usually violence.

I think violence and aggression has a lot to do with natural instinct; it's part of human behaviour. And it always has been.

Of course not every single person on this earth is going to be violent or is going to seek out to hurt people - but they have the capacity to.
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
March 8th, 2008 at 02:39pm
Sprinkles:
CyanideRomantic:
But its not part of the human nature..you learn what is pressed against you, natrual instinct only goes so far

I don't think that's true, actually. Some people are just naturally angry and violent. I know for a fact that aggressive and angry nature is a trait in one side of my family - and along with it comes the physical reaction of anger and aggression, which is usually violence.

I think violence and aggression has a lot to do with natural instinct; it's part of human behaviour. And it always has been.

Of course not every single person on this earth is going to be violent or is going to seek out to hurt people - but they have the capacity to.

thats very true, i do agree with that. and when you think about it, violence is how we survived, you had to kill your food back in the day, and other invadors and such
skitty.
In the Cannibal Glow
skitty.
March 21st, 2008 at 08:06pm
i think violence is only good if you need to
i agree that it should only be used as a last resort
other than that it shouldnt be used just for fun or something
people who use violence every chance that they get end up getting into alot of trouble
people who practice non-violent ways end up getting far in life
Littlemisschem
Fabulous Killjoy
Littlemisschem
March 23rd, 2008 at 10:43pm
Well, violence is unnecessary. It does nothing except make everyone get boo boos and start crying, seriously, it makes things worse. And instead of kicking the crap out of someone, why not just tell them off? I think that's more fun than throwing a punch.
miss mcr
Jazz Hands
miss mcr
March 24th, 2008 at 08:25pm
Violence is never the answer. if you need to reach out to someone, then DO IT! dont punch them in the face?

honestly, how the hell does it help u.

no shut up.
i dont want to hear stupid excuses.

it doesnt help. PERIOD.
Sid
Salute You in Your Grave
Sid
April 6th, 2008 at 11:57pm
I understand what you mean when you say violence is bad and whatever, but sometimes you have to fight violence with violence. Ever heard of the saying 'It's a dog eat dog world'?

I'm not saying use to intimidate people or to get your own way, but in some circumstances, an appropriate amount delivered is the only deterent. For example, say you're in the park with your kid brother or sister and some other kids are picking on him/her and let's say they're your age, how would you feel if they hit your sibling?

I know I'd go insane and sometimes one quick hit is enough. If it's provoked then it's deserved. IF IT'S PROVOKED. I'm not saying it's right to go around unnecessarily hitting people, if you understand my point.

That leads me onto Ghostgirl191's point. Yeah I find it can be therapeutic and actually I used to hit my pillow when I got really mad. People even do it with out realising, you know when they're angry, they'll slam stuff down, throw stuff around. So, yes I agree with you there.
doctor.
In The Murder Scene
doctor.
April 11th, 2008 at 10:41am

Violence is only deserved if, as 'Window Licker' said, it is provoked.

If you hit people often, for no apparent reason just that you are having 'a bad day' or even if they do something very minor for you to hit them, then it is unnessecary. However, if someone starts hitting you or whatever first, it's natural to respond and, you have a right to.

Likewise, if someone's on your property and you are worried they are endagering your life or are likely to steal something, you have every right to do something to prevent them doing this.

Society needs to be changed to a certain extent. Using the private property as an example, if someone you don't know is on your property, you don't know how dangerous they are. In situations like that, violence is needed and can resolve an issue. You shouldn't have to pay a fine, go to prison or do community service for protecting yourself. They shouldn't have been there, THEY made the mistake. Not you.

doctor.
In The Murder Scene
doctor.
April 11th, 2008 at 10:44am
miss mcr:

honestly, how the hell does it help u.

So, if someone hurt or killed someone you loved, you wouldn't want to go hit that person straight in the mouth and make them feel what your family memeber, friend etc. felt at time?

I know, self-control is a major factor and we should be able to stop ourselves from doing this.

Honestly though, are you telling me it wouldn't make you feel even a little bit better?
Girl Anachronism
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Girl Anachronism
April 11th, 2008 at 05:18pm
how do you feel about it? ---- I think its completely stupid. Beating the crap out of someone will do nothing for you, it won't release anger, it won't fix your problems, just like war. Its pointless.

do you think that it solves anything? --- No, killing someone etc. isn't going to help you understand or solve a thing. Most of the time its a misunderstanding, or people can't stand someones opinions or ideas, but if you talked it out like human beings and not like killing machines, then you would better understand the other persons point of view, and you could quiet possibly become friends, or at least come to an agreement.

or do you think that there are certain circumstances when someone just needs to get the crap kicked out of them? ---- As I said above, no. Honestly, I don't think kicking the crap out of someone or getting kicked the crap out of gives you anything but a possible bloody nose, but, then I'm stuck with WW2, what if we would of talked it out instead of bombing them.... I don't know if it would of worked then or not.... I'm stuck on this one.

do you think that our generation may be to violent? --- I think every generation has been violent, but I do think it is getting worse and that ours quite possibly is, just look at all the school shootings that have been going on.... its ridiculous.
Girl Anachronism
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Girl Anachronism
April 11th, 2008 at 05:25pm
The Shadow:
So, if someone hurt or killed someone you loved, you wouldn't want to go hit that person straight in the mouth and make them feel what your family member, friend etc. felt at time?

Actually, I don't think it would help, and I know this isn't directed at me, but, if someone killed someone I loved, no matter how hard I kicked them, or how bad I hurt them, or even if I killed them, the person I loved would still be gone, that hole in me would be there no matter what, I don't even think it would help maybe rid at least some of my aggression or sadness. Because it wouldn't bring them back no matter what I did, and I'd be mature enough to realize this and stop dwelling on the past and try to move on with my life. Getting revenge or getting even with someone wouldn't do me any good, because then that person would get revenge back and it would just an on going cycle of this hate filled revenge that would do nothing for me but put me in more pain. It would be pointless.

The Shadow:
Society needs to be changed to a certain extent. Using the private property as an example, if someone you don't know is on your property, you don't know how dangerous they are. In situations like that, violence is needed and can resolve an issue. You shouldn't have to pay a fine, go to prison or do community service for protecting yourself. They shouldn't have been there, THEY made the mistake. Not you.

But, what if they were just looking for their dog that got loose? Or were going to ask you if they could borrow something and then you just ran over and started pounding on them? They would be completely innocent! Sure you should take precaution because you don't know them, but honestly, not everyone is a maniac stalker killer. And then what if you did just run up to them and beat the crap out of them, would you allow them to do the same even though it was an honest mistake and you were just protecting your self against a possible threat? You'd be innocent too, and if you ever saw that person again, you probably wouldn't be to kind to each other after that and you would of just totally ruined a possible friendship etc.

Window Licker:
For example, say you're in the park with your kid brother or sister and some other kids are picking on him/her and let's say they're your age, how would you feel if they hit your sibling?

To me, that seems very hypocritical. Hitting someone for hitting someone. And sure they are my sibling, but I wouldn't punch someone to prove my point, I'd stop the fight with my words and courage, not with strength, because if you punched someone for doing that, who's to say they aren't going to hit you back, or try to get revenge on you later for what you did, by either beating the crap out of you to the point of death when you least would expect it, or beating the crap out of your brother to the point of death when you aren't there to defend him. Its not going to solve that problem whatsoever. The people that would be beating up said sibling wouldn't go down that easy, not without a fight, and they wouldn't beat up someone unless they had proof or a posse to brag about it with later (which is pathetic) and so they'd have their 'buddies' there with them, and, well.... 2 against, like, 5, trust me, they wouldn't be embarrassed in front of their 'buddies' without a fight.
doctor.
In The Murder Scene
doctor.
April 13th, 2008 at 07:05pm

Turophile, I understand what you are saying BUT if they became a threat, surely you're entitled to defend yourself in what-ever way possible. If I was looking for my dog, I wouldn't go into your house for it without letting you know.

I also understand about the other belief on revenge but everyone reacts differently in different situations. A close friend of mine was killed and believe me, I couldn't think of anything better than kicking them. Of course, it's not going to replace him and it's not a permenant solution BUT, temporarily, it would make me feel a great deal better.