Troops

AuthorMessage
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
November 22nd, 2007 at 01:02am
DIE! DIE! DIE!:
just some fun:
So Bush is sending troops who have lost LIMBS back into the war. Now, starting today, if those troops refuse, they will lose their signing bonus, as well as all other millitary bonuses.

Talk about caring about our troops >_>

I did hear about that, but I never knew that they would lose their signing bonus.....thats so unfair....what a crappy president he is
CyanidexDeath
Jazz Hands
CyanidexDeath
November 23rd, 2007 at 04:24am
Diana_a7x:

what a crappy president he is

this is why we need to impeach him and throw him in jail!
oh i have another story about vets being obressed. Veterans for Peace and Iraqi vets against the war, were not allowed to march in the veterans parade because the american legion would not let them. So they held a silent protest because the American Legion was trying to quite them. They got arrested for "chanting loudly" and "disturbing the peace". they must have been mumbling pretty loudly with their gaged mouths!
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
November 23rd, 2007 at 08:08pm
the troops went to war under false pretense for a president they've never met. he said that we were looking for weapons of mass destruction, and we've found none!! so why are they still there? he has his own hidden agenda and he's using the troops to get what he wants.
and everyone always says support the troops, but by doing that, you support the war and you support the president. and i can never support those things. i think we should bring the troops home, impeach the president, and throw him into the worst prison america has to offer Very Happy
CyanidexDeath
Jazz Hands
CyanidexDeath
November 23rd, 2007 at 08:43pm
Ghostgirl191:
and everyone always says support the troops, but by doing that, you support the war and you support the president. and i can never support those things. i think we should bring the troops home, impeach the president, and throw him into the worst prison america has to offer Very Happy
I agree that we should impeach him. But People who say support the troops don't aways support the war you know. They support them and want to bring them home.
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
November 24th, 2007 at 04:29am
Cyanide Hell....:
Ghostgirl191:
I agree that we should impeach him. But People who say support the troops don't aways support the war you know. They support them and want to bring them home.

very true, but most ppl i know who support the troops, dont want them home yet, i've never met anyone who supported the troops, but not the war
CyanidexDeath
Jazz Hands
CyanidexDeath
November 26th, 2007 at 01:35am
Ghostgirl191:
very true, but most ppl i know who support the troops, dont want them home yet, i've never met anyone who supported the troops, but not the war

Oh...If go to peace rallies protesting the war thats the main view of everyone there. Although the counter-protesters don't always think so but its sometimes best not to care what they say
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
November 26th, 2007 at 06:13am
Oh...If go to peace rallies protesting the war thats the main view of everyone there. Although the counter-protesters don't always think so but its sometimes best not to care what they say[/quote]

i've never been to a peace rally before, everyone around her either supports the war and troops, or they're to afraid to protest. but something i've noticed, it seems like holding peaceful protests are a waste of time, because the president, and everyone in power wont listen. thats why we need a new president. that or we need to do something drastic to get their attention (though you'd think that all the body bags would do it)
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
November 26th, 2007 at 06:14am
Cyanide Hell....:
Ghostgirl191:

Oh...If go to peace rallies protesting the war thats the main view of everyone there. Although the counter-protesters don't always think so but its sometimes best not to care what they say

i've never been to a peace rally before, everyone around her either supports the war and troops, or they're to afraid to protest. but something i've noticed, it seems like holding peaceful protests are a waste of time, because the president, and everyone in power wont listen. thats why we need a new president. that or we need to do something drastic to get their attention (though you'd think that all the body bags would do it)
CyanidexDeath
Jazz Hands
CyanidexDeath
November 26th, 2007 at 09:06pm
Ghostgirl191:

I was rasied by hippies ((not really but my father did go to alot protest and is still taking me)) and i've been to alot protest and they aren't time wasters. They get things done and get us noticed...Its not they don't listen its that the don't want to...they know we are there and protesting so they send cops and sometimes the cop try to supress us ((put us in jail andd arrest us sometimes its a fair reason but alot of times its not)) Also in the protest drastic measures are taken. Like Code Pink goes to congress meetings and covers they're hands in paint and shout war crimals to people like conda lisa rice. also they're have been people that hold hungry stikes like my friend lessly...she sat in a congressmans office and didn't eat for 27 until he would talk to her...and lastly at some protes there are die-ins which is where people lie dowwn on the ground in front of buildings and such
Girl Anachronism
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Girl Anachronism
November 27th, 2007 at 02:55am
Cyanide Hell....:
Ghostgirl191:

i've never been to a peace rally before, everyone around her either supports the war and troops, or they're to afraid to protest. but something I've noticed, it seems like holding peaceful protests are a waste of time, because the president, and everyone in power wont listen. thats why we need a new president. that or we need to do something drastic to get their attention (though you'd think that all the body bags would do it)

I was rasied by hippies ((not really but my father did go to a lot protest and is still taking me)) and i've been to alot protest and they aren't time wasters. They get things done and get us noticed...Its not they don't listen its that the don't want to...they know we are there and protesting so they send cops and sometimes the cop try to supress us ((put us in jail andd arrest us sometimes its a fair reason but alot of times its not)) Also in the protest drastic measures are taken. Like Code Pink goes to congress meetings and covers they're hands in paint and shout war crimals to people like conda lisa rice. also they're have been people that hold hungry stikes like my friend lessly...she sat in a congressmans office and didn't eat for 27 until he would talk to her...and lastly at some protes there are die-ins which is where people lie dowwn on the ground in front of buildings and such
I would so love to go to a protest. I wouldn't mind if it was small, but I think it would be amazing.

Anyways, talking to one of the posts up above, I support the troops and not the war. It's not really fair to not support the troops, sure their in a war everyone hates, but most of those people got tricked into it, joined it because they couldn't pay for collage, or didn't really think there'd be a war. There over there risking their lives. And they don't know why, they probably hate the war as much (or more) then us, and the president also, but none the less they are still over there for this country. A war that will probably terrorize them and give them nightmares their entire life, or quite possibly make them clam up and if anyone says a word about the war they'll burst into tears. Thats want happens to a lot of people that go into war, most go insane. It's not their fault the war was started. And I want them home as much as everyone else, and I bet they want to be home just as much as we do. As my little motto goes: Hate the war, not the warriors.
CyanidexDeath
Jazz Hands
CyanidexDeath
November 30th, 2007 at 01:56am
So to kick it up a knotch since discussion has been down would any of you join the troops?
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
November 30th, 2007 at 09:46am
Cyanide Hell....:
Ghostgirl191:

I was rasied by hippies ((not really but my father did go to alot protest and is still taking me)) and i've been to alot protest and they aren't time wasters. They get things done and get us noticed...Its not they don't listen its that the don't want to...they know we are there and protesting so they send cops and sometimes the cop try to supress us ((put us in jail andd arrest us sometimes its a fair reason but alot of times its not)) Also in the protest drastic measures are taken. Like Code Pink goes to congress meetings and covers they're hands in paint and shout war crimals to people like conda lisa rice. also they're have been people that hold hungry stikes like my friend lessly...she sat in a congressmans office and didn't eat for 27 until he would talk to her...and lastly at some protes there are die-ins which is where people lie dowwn on the ground in front of buildings and such

wow sounds like you've got some interesting memories lol. but the only protest i've ever been to was outside a church with my gay friends. it was pretty awsome. but i've heard that ppl walk up to the white house protesting the war, i'd do that except i dont live in washington d.c.
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
November 30th, 2007 at 09:47am
Cyanide Hell....:
So to kick it up a knotch since discussion has been down would any of you join the troops?

no. i couldnt go fight in a war that shouldnt be fought. but thats just my belief, also i could never kill anyone.
Girl Anachronism
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Girl Anachronism
December 1st, 2007 at 05:10am

Like Ghostgirl191 above me said, I wouldn't join them, I couldn't. I wouldn't be in a war to begin with, I think they are useless and pathetic. Though I do think WW2 taught us all a lesson, that anything CAN happen. And we went into WW2 for a good reason, but Iraq, not a really good reason there. I wouldn't even be able to watch someone die let alone kill them myself. And then all the memories and nightmares afterwords.... I think I'd pass on that experiance.
CyanidexDeath
Jazz Hands
CyanidexDeath
December 2nd, 2007 at 02:40am
Ghostgirl191:

wow sounds like you've got some interesting memories lol. but the only protest i've ever been to was outside a church with my gay friends. it was pretty awsome. but i've heard that ppl walk up to the white house protesting the war, i'd do that except i dont live in washington d.c.

Nice its always cool when pple go out and protest. Thats what true democracy is.. Just a note there are always pple carpooling in vans and there are buses to that take pple to protest
CyanidexDeath
Jazz Hands
CyanidexDeath
December 2nd, 2007 at 02:50am
xXYourGunToMyHeadXx:
. Though I do think WW2 taught us all a lesson, that anything CAN happen. And we went into WW2 for a good reason, but Iraq, not a really good reason there. I wouldn't even be able to watch someone die let alone kill them myself. And then all the memories and nightmares afterwords.... I think I'd pass on that experiance.

Yes Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is a huge problem with Veterans. And whats worse is that the govenment does nothing to help them.
doctor.
In The Murder Scene
doctor.
December 2nd, 2007 at 09:48pm

I don't believe troops get enough respect. I don't think people thoroughly understand that every day of their lives could be the last and they are doing that for our nation in hope to make it a better place. Whether you agree with why they're at war or not, I think everyone should have great admiration for them and what they do. They must have amazing courage. From this, I guess you can tell that they have all my respect.

When people hear of troops, I don't believe they think of them as indivual people. Just beings that are there and on the news often. When someone in the army dies, a lot of people do not feel as upset as they do when I murder has taken place. When, technically, it is the same thing.

I believe that it's time for our troops to come back now. I didn't believe it was a smart move in the first place and, to be brutally honest, if the people of Iraq don't want our help, why are we continuing to help them? If they feel so strongly that they want to be left alone, why don't we leave them?

pheartehgrimace
Killjoy
pheartehgrimace
December 7th, 2007 at 10:29am
my best friend is currently in his advanced training. He has a 4 year contract.
He had no ambition to enlist until his brother did, and He was deeply romanced by his recruiter until he signed up. Only 6 months in and he's talking about staying another 10 or 20 years. From what I hear he isn't excelling very much at all, I think he's being pressured by the others around him. I've been mentally devastated since he left, I really hope the new president pulls the troops out, I don't want the idiots in charge of my country risking my best friend. The army has practically shattered my social life. Worst still, they keep bombarding me with fliers and they call me every month asking if I'm interested in joining. At this point I'd rather die pointlessly than for my country. Usually I politely tell them I'm not interested but they don't take that for an answer, they try to be my 'buddy' (talking about what would appeal to someone my gender and age) and ask what I'm doing with my life, and how they could help me do whatever I wanted... So in short, I respect that some people might want to enlist or have to, but I hate how they go about recruiting people, and I hate that they will not take me off their lists for potential enlistees
Harlequinn
Salute You in Your Grave
Harlequinn
December 11th, 2007 at 12:24am
I think that the troops do not get as much respect and support as they should (im talking about Americans, idk about others). Its not really that ppl disrespect them but kinda that they are just ignored.
A lot of ppl seem to think that supporting the troops means supporting the war, not true. These ppl are heros

The government seems awful about helping our troops out after they come home
CyanidexDeath
Jazz Hands
CyanidexDeath
December 14th, 2007 at 03:48pm
EeVie !:

The government seems awful about helping our troops out after they come home

Yeah they are... What do you people think we should do about that?