cause there fans got there backs
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
July 7th, 2008 at 07:04pm
idk. my bff jill?:
They haven't lost anything.
A lot happens in 6 years;people change.

It's just some of the fans that are losing faith in My Chem.

Mr.Armstrong:
NO NO NO
they havent lost anything
the boys are great their values are greater then anything
i honestly hate threads like these
the boys have changes but to me there values havent been
lost. MCR is still as powerful and they always will be
cause there fans got there backs

demolitionloversmway:
people need to stop reading into and over analyzing everything single thing he says
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
July 7th, 2008 at 08:31pm
just_another_cog:
The fact of the matter is, there are young kids going to these concerts, and it isn't the best thing to tell the audience to fake an orgasm when they're there. I really don't mind it at all, but there are some people that don't want their kids affected by it. That's all I meant.

You know, My Chem never marketed themselves to the Disney set. If parents cannot inform themselves going in, that is their problem, not my band's. My band is not required to start taming down what they do because someone chose to put their 9-13 year old in the audience. Anyone older than that is no longer as likely to be so innocent.

just_another_cog:
Yes, their art keeps them alive, and yes, it is good to be busy most of the time... but it would be all very hectic and crazy and intense. Right now they are taking a break, which is great. They need it. They just need to wind down for a little while and spend time with their wives and family - to be on vacation for just a little bit.

Again, if they wanted to sit on their arses, they would do so. The fandom playing mother and whining over and over and over again that "zomg they need a break" is not going to change anything, and quite frankly, I really don't understand why their fans would want them to stop doing what they love, are amazing at, and are clearly very happy doing. I'm not trying to be rude, or pick a fight, I just have heard that one too many fucking times. No offense intended.
Strfckrs Inc.
Salute You in Your Grave
Strfckrs Inc.
July 7th, 2008 at 10:53pm
I think Gerard has been trying to change too much to be a part of Lyn-Z's life, cauze she hangs out with more hardcore people who are more into drugs & drinking & that so he's trying to make them see that he belongs or something

But hey, it's not like any of us can say for sure, cauze we're not Gerard & don't speak personally with him, all we can do is just analyze his behavior & the things he says
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
July 8th, 2008 at 01:09am
^ Um, since when has anyone in My Chem ever been about "fitting in" with anyone? Otherwise, your argument, with all due respect, makes virtually no sense at all.
SisterOfTheRose
Jazz Hands
SisterOfTheRose
July 8th, 2008 at 05:53am
Have you ever said something, meaning it as a joke, and once it's out thought "Oh shit, I shouldn't have said that" and wished you could take it back? Think of WTTBP, "I'm just a man; I'm not a hero." Of course he has fucking flaws; doesn't everyone?
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
July 8th, 2008 at 06:16am
x_pansy:
I agree with you.
They have been preaching this message to us for like 6 years straight!
I'm not saying they have nothing left to say, Im just saying that with the hectic touring and press and everything, maybe they have ran out of steam.

I'm sure once they go on the much needed break, they will come back with something new and it will all go from there. Don't be so quick to doubt these guys, at least give them a chance and see what they come up with.

Plus, Im sick of all this shit about how the 'real fans' don't appreciate how Gerard has been acting because it's about the music. Speak for yourself guys. I don't see how I'm not a 'real fan' because I have no problem with it! I don't have a problem with how Gerard is acting, its a rock show guys and MCR have always been like that.
Those guys have already passed how normal rock bands act SO much that I can forgive them if they slip a bit in a few interviews. I honestly don't want to hear them constantly preaching at every chance they get.
Then they will just end up boring.

If you want to talk about 'real fans' then maybe we should have a little more faith in these guys instead of being disappointed as soon as they stop being everything you want them to be.

couldnt have said it better.

Rock stars are human too, how many times do we need reminding? ppl fumble on their words all the time, & u cant expect Gerard to keep a black-n-white copy of everything he's said over the past 8 years or so.

As for sexual stimulation, there is nothing wrong with it. Encouraging someone to have an orgasm -- & pls bear in mind this was all a bit of shit he did so ppl could have fun & laugh abt it afterward -- is not the same as asking someone to bare their tits. One is about self-pleasure. The other is getting someone in a vulnerable position to pleasure you. There Is Nothing Wrong In Self Pleasure.

Sincere and devoted fandom means accepting and admiring your idol unconditionally as long as they don't harm anyone or tell people to degrade themselves. (masturbating is degrading? i dun think so.) It's completely useless being overly judgmental and jumping on the man for every single less-than-shining thing he ever said or did. But pls, i'm not insulting any1 here. I don't mean for my strong opinion on this to offend anyone, but thats the way i see it.
Famous Living Dead
Fabulous Killjoy
Famous Living Dead
July 8th, 2008 at 06:29am
Switchblade Saint:
x_pansy:
I agree with you.
I'm not saying they have nothing left to say, I'm just saying that with the hectic touring and press and everything, maybe they have ran out of steam.

I'm sure once they go on the much needed break, they will come back with something new and it will all go from there. Don't be so quick to doubt these guys, at least give them a chance and see what they come up with.

Plus, I'm sick of all this shit about how the 'real fans' don't appreciate how Gerard has been acting because it's about the music. Speak for yourself guys. I don't see how I'm not a 'real fan' because I have no problem with it! I don't have a problem with how Gerard is acting, its a rock show guys and MCR have always been like that.
Those guys have already passed how normal rock bands act SO much that I can forgive them if they slip a bit in a few interviews. I honestly don't want to hear them constantly preaching at every chance they get.

If you want to talk about 'real fans' then maybe we should have a little more faith in these guys instead of being disappointed as soon as they stop being everything you want them to be.

couldn't have said it better.

Rock stars are human too, how many times do we need reminding? ppl fumble on their words all the time, & u cant expect Gerard to keep a black-n-white copy of everything he's said over the past 8 years or so.

As for sexual stimulation, there is nothing wrong with it. Encouraging someone to have an orgasm -- & pls bear in mind this was all a bit of shit he did so ppl could have fun & laugh abt it afterward -- is not the same as asking someone to bare their tits. One is about self-pleasure. The other is getting someone in a vulnerable position to pleasure you. There Is Nothing Wrong In Self Pleasure.

Sincere and devoted fandom means accepting and admiring your idol unconditionally as long as they don't harm anyone or tell people to degrade themselves. (masturbating is degrading? i dun think so.) It's completely useless being overly judgmental and jumping on the man for every single less-than-shining thing he ever said or did. But pls, i'm not insulting any1 here. I don't mean for my strong opinion on this to offend anyone, but thats the way i see it.

I totally agree with you guys. They're humans just like we are, and we shouldn't judge them for every little mistake they make. They're not heroes, just human beings. Of cause they sometimes do something wrong, and maybe not act the way you would. But it's their lives, not ours. They should have the chance to choose how they want to live their lives, without us judging every move they make.
They have some flaws, yes, but everyone has. It would be weird if they didn't have flaws. Actually it would be scary, i think.

This isn't to offend anybody, it's just my opinion. I just think we need to let them live their lives.
Emerald Muerte
Bleeding on the Floor
Emerald Muerte
July 8th, 2008 at 06:35am
Switchblade Saint:
x_pansy:
I agree with you.
I'm not saying they have nothing left to say, Im just saying that with the hectic touring and press and everything, maybe they have ran out of steam.

Plus, Im sick of all this shit about how the 'real fans' don't appreciate how Gerard has been acting because it's about the music. Speak for yourself guys. I don't see how I'm not a 'real fan' because I have no problem with it! I don't have a problem with how Gerard is acting, its a rock show guys and MCR have always been like that.

couldnt have said it better.

Amen I wish that people wouldn't nit-pick over such things, genuine fans just respect the music and the people who make it. It's a simple philosophy, we all have to remember that no matter how successful or how famous My Chem are they are still very humble about it and I believe they still want to keep their 'message' alive through music and they do. They don't deserve the intolerance or disrespect others have given them as 'Switchblade Saint' said, especially the whole masturbating thing seriously the guys aren't perfect and a lot of their actions come into place due to an idea [i.e 'Freard' for homophobia] It's all about perception. That's all I have to say, the music is what's to be respected and essentially the music comes from the ideas of the band members let's just keep the faith alive amongst all this imperfection and intolerance the world provides us with.

They believe in us, let's not give up on them even if they have changed, or aren't as wonderful as we wish, they're only human. =)
annaaloves
Bleeding on the Floor
annaaloves
July 8th, 2008 at 02:08pm
i think that people expect the boys to be perfect and they overreacted to the whole thing, aslong as they're not messing around with groupies or driving round in flash cars or whatever then we have nothing to worry about, simple as.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
July 8th, 2008 at 02:15pm
utterbullshit.:
i think that people expect the boys to be perfect and they overreacted to the whole thing, aslong as they're not messing around with groupies or driving round in flash cars or whatever then we have nothing to worry about, simple as.
mmh
teenagers.
Jazz Hands
teenagers.
July 9th, 2008 at 03:48pm
Ugh. I hate this question. The thing is, is that everyone wants My Chemical Romance to be like the Jonas Brothers or Hannah Montana...so perfect and preppy...so normal. Well My Chemical Romance is NOT NORMAL! My Chemical Romance is unique because of their not-normalness. THAT IS WHY I LOVE THEM end of freakin story.
Captain Geraaarrrrd!
Motor Baby
Captain Geraaarrrrd!
July 9th, 2008 at 05:12pm
...this is exactly why people created Keep the Faith...because everyone is losing the faith in the band..its sad..it seems like fans are still stuck in a certain time that has passed. they said that bullets was to capture a moment in time, then they grew and revenge came, when they made an album that became more about loss than anything, people related..fanbase grew..then they had their huge audience so they probably started making their message vocal then..because they knew it would be heard..and it was heard..we all took it in and still believe in it just like they do but honestly, they probably find no reason to still speak their opinions and messages because we already have it and we have to believe in it and spread it and no one would listen now because of all the personal life drama we create and most of the new fans are little teenies that don't understand and can't relate and really just don't care. So, they have done their part and gave us a good message and we all soaked it in and now we need to spread it and keep it alive.
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
July 10th, 2008 at 03:32am
glasses are HAWT:
Ugh. I hate this question. The thing is, is that everyone wants My Chemical Romance to be like the Jonas Brothers or Hannah Montana...so perfect and preppy...so normal. Well My Chemical Romance is NOT NORMAL! My Chemical Romance is unique because of their not-normalness. THAT IS WHY I LOVE THEM end of freakin story.

LMAO Yeah, next thing they should have lyrics like "girl i love you, please don't break my heart" ...totally. THAT would break my heart alrite.
Heart Attack.
Salute You in Your Grave
Heart Attack.
July 10th, 2008 at 12:54pm
I feel a rant coming on. . . .

Ok, first of all people overanalyze everything this man says and does, and the rest of the band too. It is probably easier than you think to go up on stage and get caught up in the moment and say something retarded like "i wanna hear you fuck yourselves!" And its not like he literally meant, he was probably just trying to get the crowd going, and went a little far with it. Those parents who take 12 year old kidsd know that their music is supposedly "explicit" which is antoher thing I don't agree with b/c their music is not nearly as bad as most of the crap out there today and it has actual meaning. I'm not justifying everything Gerard says, yes he has said stupid things, but so has everyone else in the world, just not on a stage. He made a mistake, people sometimes forget that he is human because lots of people idolize him b/c of the whole saving lives thing, and yes I am one of those people who look up to him, but I understand not to take everything he says seriously and that he does make mistakes. I have no idea what is up with this whole "their losing their values!" thing. People are so quick to tear others down over little things, and is that what MCR is about? No. Keep in mind that they are all about not caring what other people say, so their gonna say whatever they want, so just stop tearing them down.
Captain Geraaarrrrd!
Motor Baby
Captain Geraaarrrrd!
July 10th, 2008 at 01:38pm
well, i don't really feel what he said was a mistake and we shouldn't be mad about it because honestly who really cares? He likes to get the crowd going and it works. It makes for a good show which is what we pay for so we should be happy. I think some people are just looking for a reason to attack the band, especially gerard. Just leave them alone.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
July 10th, 2008 at 02:24pm
megannn!.:
well, i don't really feel what he said was a mistake and we shouldn't be mad about it because honestly who really cares? He likes to get the crowd going and it works. It makes for a good show which is what we pay for so we should be happy. I think some people are just looking for a reason to attack the band, especially gerard. Just leave them alone.
FUCK YEAH

I agree with everything you said too, Amanda, except for the bit about him having made a mistake. I'm firmly with Megan on that one.
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
July 10th, 2008 at 02:58pm
glasses are HAWT:
vengeance university
Shotgun Sinner
vengeance university
July 11th, 2008 at 01:33am
-sighs-

Deb:
You know, My Chem never marketed themselves to the Disney set. If parents cannot inform themselves going in, that is their problem, not my band's. My band is not required to start taming down what they do because someone chose to put their 9-13 year old in the audience. Anyone older than that is no longer as likely to be so innocent.

I fully agree with you. Kids know that the band is not all prim & proper & that some really crazy stuff is gonna be said/done. They're just having fun with the audience in my opinion.

I do not believe they have lost their values. The band might've changed, but their values stick with them.
ghosted.
Jazz Hands
ghosted.
August 4th, 2008 at 11:12am
It's quite funny this has been brought to my attention because people kept saying "I hate how Gerard's changed blah blah.." and I was like, where on earth are these outbursts coming from?

Now I kinda know where and to be fair, I can see a valid argument here but lets face it, Gerard has always said crazy shit on stage.

Always.

I mean, I can see the argument and in some ways I can agree but c'mon guys.
One of his speeches included Gerard expressing something he felt strongly about at the time, the other is on stage banter.