Don't have an account? Create one!

Middle-School Romance

AuthorMessage
Jesse Lacey;
Awake and Unafraid
Jesse Lacey;
November 20th, 2008 at 05:46pm
I've changed my opinion on this, so I'm going to post again.

Someone on page 8, I think, said that "The "age is a number, it's maturity that matters" argument is nearly invalid to me now, because I KNOW that the number of young people that think they're mature enough for certain things is bigger than the number of young people who actually are."

And I now realize that they are very very right.

So, I think that the kids should just do what they want. If you want a boyfriend, no one can tell you no- unless it's your parents, or another close authorative figure like that. Things like these should not be practiced generally. It ought to be a case-by-case handling of things.

And, as always, if you don't want a boyfriend, no one can make you. One of the negative things is when people get the idea that everyone around them has a boy/girlfriend, and that's the only reason they want one.
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
January 26th, 2009 at 11:52am
so how many people can define how love feels? Who says that the love teenagers feel has to feel exactly the same way as it does for an adult?
the_Saminator
Thinking Happy Thoughts
the_Saminator
February 14th, 2009 at 10:37pm
Personally I think when you're in middle school, it's just fun cos it's proly not love but, then again you never know it could be legit but, I didn't truly find out what love is until high school
insane clown posse.
In The Murder Scene
insane clown posse.
February 16th, 2009 at 10:08am
the_Saminator:
Personally I think when you're in middle school, it's just fun cos it's proly not love but, then again you never know it could be legit but, I didn't truly find out what love is until high school

chat speak isn't tollerated. there's a spell checker as well. Wink

i was in the 8th grade when i fell in love. i started first dating him in 7th. there is no age limit to love. love doesn't have a definition. love means something different to each and every individual. i was in a serious relationship for almost two years with him. it wasn't puppy love, it was real love. we both lost are virginity to each other and did what couples do. listen to each other, be honest, stay true, laugh with one another. it didn't matter how old we were, it didn't matter we knew how we felt and no one can say otherwise.

when i was in love it was being able to walk around with no make up on and pjs around him, being able to talk about my problems, being able to trust him, doing things for him that i wouldn't even consider doing for other people. putting me aside and putting him first. he'd attack me with kisses, we'd eat together, walk places, kiss in public, we even talked about our future. i could go on forever and ever. my point is him and i were in love. he is my first love and i won't ever forget about him. though i'm not in love with him anymore, i still have a lot of love for rj and he says the same about me.

love is love. when a girl kinder garden says she's in love with this boy that shoved her off the slide on the play ground she feel what she feels and to her that's love. no matter what we say.
teen spirit.
Crash Queen
teen spirit.
February 20th, 2009 at 10:39am
there is no age limit to love. i admit that someone older would have the emotional maturity to seperate affectionate romantic feelings from real love, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
mrs.jared leto
Killjoy
mrs.jared leto
May 25th, 2009 at 04:07pm
I think it's just stupid having a boyfriend or girlfriend who don't even know how wipe thier ass properly. Neutral Also middle-schoolers these days are sooo retarded, sometimes I feel like toturing them.
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
May 25th, 2009 at 06:05pm
^ Actually I would argue that adults have just as much of a hard time knowing if there actually in love.
LunacyFringe
Killjoy
LunacyFringe
May 29th, 2009 at 05:17pm
The point of dating SHOULD BE to find someone to spend the rest of your life with. Now because people in middle school arent even close to the age where a person can legally get married, I dont see the point.

Most middle school relationships are really only so that someone cant dump their boyfriend/girlfriend and then tell everybody else about how cool they are that they broke up with someone.
xxtoryxx
Killjoy
xxtoryxx
May 29th, 2009 at 05:41pm
well I'm in 7th grade and I think that last year when there were "relationships" nothing ever happened. the only thing that did happen was the kids kissing and making out. Also I wouldn't consider that a slut what is a slut is someone who wears shorts or skirts that could be considered underwear!!!!!!
made from neon
Salute You in Your Grave
made from neon
May 29th, 2009 at 09:04pm
I suppose it's dependant on the couple involved in a middle-school romance. If they are emotionally mature enough to handle a monogamous, loving relationship, then there's no problem with that. It's just that teenagers such as myself tend to date for fun and lust and such, not marriage like those older than us. It's not so much about finding a mate for the future as someone you find attractive and somewhat interesting. I tend to think that I have forever to find someone to settle down and have a life with, and until that time I think it appropriate to date around a little, learn from my mistakes. That being said, I know a couple who have been together since seventh grade who are now well into their forties and extremely happy.

The jist of that ramble was that it's dependant on the maturity level of the couple and their ability to handle a relationship. At least, in my humble opinion.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
May 29th, 2009 at 11:49pm
mrs.jared leto:
I think it's just stupid having a boyfriend or girlfriend who don't even know how wipe thier ass properly. Neutral Also middle-schoolers these days are sooo retarded, sometimes I feel like toturing them.
I'm sure the high schoolers thought you were "soooo retarded" too back when you were in middle school.

all I see that your problem is is a superiority complex.
========
I think that if you're in middle school you should be allowed to have a boy or girlfriend. Do I think they should be having sex? No. But if they want to go out together, then let them. A majority of the time they're just testing waters and stuff.
bellamurte
Killjoy
bellamurte
June 4th, 2009 at 07:02am
I'm British, I really don't know what middle school is. I dont understand what grade eight is. So I'm not entirely sure what age range your referring to.
Jenny.
Jenny.
June 4th, 2009 at 10:17am
middle school is what you go to before high school, it's two years and takes them up to the age of 13/14 I believe, then high school takes them up to 18. And grade 8 would be the same as year 9 here I think.
Jesse Lacey;
Awake and Unafraid
Jesse Lacey;
June 4th, 2009 at 12:42pm
To clarify-
In America, which is where I am, then middle school is mostly 6th grade to 8th grade (but in my district it's 5th grade to 8th grade) which is ages 10 to 14.
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
June 11th, 2009 at 01:59pm
95 percent of the time it's not. You get a bunch of people desperate to find the feeling of love and look too much, or just want to have someone to support an ego, and maybe to just do it. 95 percent of relationships are like "OMG! I have boyfriend/girlfriend." But I'm sure that there are true relationships.
chainsaws cascading.
In The Murder Scene
chainsaws cascading.
June 11th, 2009 at 06:17pm
it depends on what you classify as middle school
6 & 7 grade was middle school where i live
and i don't quite believe love at that age could be legitimate
but i'm in 9th grade and i'm proud to say i've been in loce and it was real
not just a stupid crush and for the hype of going out with someone
i'd had a realtionship before that i really hated
he was a nice guy. a really nice guy. but i wasn't all that into him.
so, i know there was a difference in maturity in me
i agree with the comment above me
but whether i agree on the entire topic would have to do with what age middle school is considered
weirdo102
Fabulous Killjoy
weirdo102
June 18th, 2009 at 12:19pm
-Does it really qualify as something serious?

-At what age does someone become entitled to having a boyfriend/girlfriend?
for this I'd say at least after 8th grade. Watching junior high kids making out when your trying to ask your younger sister a question. It's pretty disgusting. and it kinda freaks me out.

-When has it gone too far?
When they say they are meant to be and then the boyfriend goes out and buys his girlfriend an engagment ring. That happened to my exish friend and it was really disturbing to see a 13 year old wearing a ring on her wedding finger [i think not totally sure].
-Pros and cons
thatkindavampireluv
Killjoy
thatkindavampireluv
July 17th, 2009 at 07:32pm
i think that there should be middle school romance. but it shouldnt go to making out and ect.
ChristineLovesRaquel
Killjoy
ChristineLovesRaquel
July 20th, 2009 at 12:19am
I don't think age has anything to do with a person's ability to love.
Rather, it has to do with the person. Sometimes, a kid will date for fun. Other times, it will be because they're actually looking for something serious.
And if they're completely unable to be in any kind of relationship, chances are they won't even want to be in one.
famouslastwordsxoxo
Killjoy
famouslastwordsxoxo
October 15th, 2009 at 04:04pm
when I was younger. I remember falling in love in 5th grade. I am more mature than most and it wasn't just some silly crush. I still love him and our relationship ended because my mom thinks I am too young and that i am still too young