Don't have an account? Create one!

Middle-School Romance

AuthorMessage
LostMyFear_ofFalling
Joining The Black Parade
LostMyFear_ofFalling
December 4th, 2007 at 02:13am
Okay, I agree with people about how middle schoolers will go out for a few hours and be "madly in love" with each other, yet next week, when they have a new boyfriend, they'll love him just as easily.

But I think there are a few exceptions when people tend to be more mature than that and there's a rare occasion when two people just happen to meet in middle school but they really do genuinely fall in love. I met my boyfriend in the 7th grade, although he doesn't go to my school, and we've been together ever since. I'd never dated before that. He's the only person I've ever thought about being with and when something's genuine, I don't really think it matters what age you are when you fall in love. I mean, it obviously grows as time goes on. A relationship in the seventh grade is definitely not as serious as a relationship in high school. Just like high school sweethearts aren't as serious as a couple in college. But I think it depends on the situaton and the people involved.
kasut sekolah
Bleeding on the Floor
kasut sekolah
December 6th, 2007 at 02:40am
no.middle aged ppl are way too young.
you need to focus on studies first.
then the dating & whatever.& they're too young to think about love.
doctor.
In The Murder Scene
doctor.
December 6th, 2007 at 04:07am
human being:

then the dating & whatever.& they're too young to think about love.

But everyone grows at different rates, age isn't and shouldn't be an issue. Isn't it true that some adults are not mature enough to think about love?

never coming home.
Bleeding on the Floor
never coming home.
December 6th, 2007 at 10:29pm
---I think that some people underestimate people because of the age factor. Maybe in some peoples experiences, they've never seen someone fall in love at the middle-school age and so they just find it strange and fake. It does bug me when somebody goes out with every girl/guy in school just for bragging rights. In my case I've seen some people rise from hanging out with the "uncool" group to the "cool" group and suddenly, everyones all over them. (By uncool and cool people I just mean the stereotypical version of them... Not meant to offend anyone.) But I do think that people at any age are able to fall in love with someone, though they may not always even realize it...
Metal Apocalypse
Jazz Hands
Metal Apocalypse
December 9th, 2007 at 12:50am
i think its all right as long as you dont start like kissing each other and stuff.wait till your older
i.love.sarah
Killjoy
i.love.sarah
December 9th, 2007 at 10:05pm
I agree with everyone that says that if you just meet someone, there is no way that you could love them immediately. But, that goes for everyone, of all ages. It does not quite fit to point that out here, because it has nothing to do with age.
dee dee ramone.
Always Born a Crime
dee dee ramone.
December 11th, 2007 at 12:49pm
I think that it's actually kinda cute when you see 12 year olds walking about hand-in hand, but when it gets to them making out and that sort of thing, I think that's going too far. I guess kids that young can love each other in a way, but it's not love like say two 18 year olds would have for each other, it's a lot more innocent.
harry goldfarb.
Bleeding on the Floor
harry goldfarb.
December 12th, 2007 at 09:35pm
just so i don't get asked, i'm 12 and am not in a "middle school relationship". i personally don't really think there's a real deal about people worrying so much about it. at my school, girls always chatter, "like, OH MY GOD, did he ask you out?" "is he going to ask you out?" and it's annoying, and if someone breaks up it's the end of the world. it's not like you're going to marry this person (although i know it happens)

i think if you're moving onto like, making out and sex then you're going too far. sure, kissing's fine with me (just i don't plan on it) but yeah...and i think you can love somebody no matter how young you are, only it's different for each age group.

so that's my opinion, if anyone cared (:
xoxo <333
map_of_the_world
Thinking Happy Thoughts
map_of_the_world
December 13th, 2007 at 03:11am
No, it dosent qualify as something serious because they are kinda young to actually have a "True love". With age, it dosent really matter when you`re an adult
but when its teens, then there may be issues with age differences.Its gone too far when they are sleeping with each other etc.
Rhys Webb
Awake and Unafraid
Rhys Webb
December 13th, 2007 at 04:39pm
i do not like any of these said relationships, whether it be middle school or high school.
i dont even think a 16 year old is capable of saying they love someone - wait until you are 18. there is a whole life ahead of the person.
SINATRA
Bleeding on the Floor
SINATRA
December 15th, 2007 at 04:50am
i don't think you have to be a certain age to love, but i don't think it's possible to be a certain age and be IN LOVE. they are two completely different thing, obviously. when you are that young, you don't know what it is to be in love with somebody. before anyone jumps down my throat, let me explain myself:
it's called CHANGE. people do it throughout their entire lives. i doubt anyone would stay the same form the age of 12 until they die. you change your thoughts, opinions, living patterns, ect. this effects the way you view yourself, which in an odd way, effects the way you view other people and have relationships with them. maturity does play a big part in it, but even the most mature jr. high kids aren't prepared for real love. most adults aren't prepared for it either. it's a life long process understanding love and how you sustain it.
dear matthew
Joining The Black Parade
dear matthew
December 15th, 2007 at 11:43am
I completely disagree with all the negative views on the subject matter here.
It is possible for two kids to fall perfectly in love in high school, i would know being the result of one of those relationships. I've had my girlfriend for 8 months (not a lot and people can change.) and we've bridged the gap between middle school and high school. personally there have been people who have fallen in love at early ages come to find they do marry each other. I love her more than anyone I ever have before, when she smiles I smile, when she cries I cry. there's no real limit for love on age. I beleive you can fall in love in middle or high school. Although I know she can change her mind, I devote my life to her, and nothing can ever change that. I will always love her no matter what happens and I'm ready to face with her whatever comes our way. look for us at the alter : D
bite me.
Killjoy
bite me.
December 15th, 2007 at 01:01pm
I think it depends on the people. It depends on how much they are willing to give to eachother, and what they are willing to do for eachother. You have to find the kind of relationship you never would/could have with anyone else. You have to be understanding in general, as well as understanding of who they are and what they think. Love takes effort and maturity, and that is why many younger people don't find it, because they aren't willing to either put effort into it, reach that level of maturity, or both.
But even above that, you have to find someone that you truely do love, and who truely loves you back. I strongly believe that this person is hard to find, however I dont believe there is only one person out there for you. Another reason why many people dont fall in love young, is that they dont find a person they connect with on that strong of a level.

I was lucky. In middle school i found someone i truely love. That's just me. As everyone should know, all people are different, and love is different with everyone. Some people believe you can't fall in love young, so they don't. Others think so strongly that they can and do, that they make their hearts and minds go through being in love without recieving it back, but never get the true feeling of being in love. And very few, just decide to live, take life how it comes, and dont think much of love. This doesnt mean they will find love young, it just means they have a much better chance than anyone else.

Very few people fall in love young, because very few people have what it takes, but it can, and does happen.

-- from a girl young, in love, and planning to spend the rest of her life with her amazing guy. i know im in love and nothing any of you can say will change that.
SINATRA
Bleeding on the Floor
SINATRA
December 15th, 2007 at 01:15pm
i don't know. i can't speak for everyone else. i know that for me personally, when you are that young, you should be enjoying your youth and put yourself first, before you start to give so much of yourself.
Griffin's Gunn.
Jazz Hands
Griffin's Gunn.
December 16th, 2007 at 01:01am
RevSynysterShadows:
i think its all right as long as you dont start like kissing each other and stuff.wait till your older

I disagree< I had my first make out at 12.
Maddie, here, had her first make out when she was 10, and in 5th grade. She is still with him from elementary school to this day. It's love If I have ever seen it, they love eachother way more then my parents will. They have been going out since 5th grade, and are still together.
Sweeney Todd
Banned
Sweeney Todd
December 16th, 2007 at 01:21am
Ballroom Blitz:
1; no. becuase at that age, they cannot understand love, nor the concepts of relationships.
2; you're talking about it like it's a licence or something. but i would say for it to count as any serious, 14, 15 ish.
3; in the sixth grade? i remember a girl in my class was called a slut because she kissed a guy, but i think ~too far~ would be making out, and sex.
4; pro, cute. it helps with selfconfidance to know that someone of the opposite sex likes you and finds you attractive.
con, ends, usually in more confusion and hatred than in relationships carried out with 'older' people. i don't know if this counts, but the rumours going around would be worse, because at grade 6, even holding hands is considered 'slutty'. [and untill grade 7, i thought babies came from kissing xD]

...that was one rambly shitty post. sry.

To 1; Ok, I know as a FACT that that is not true. I started going out with my current boyfriend in 5th grade and it's been 3 years and we're still together. I would definetly go against your ruling because I don't just think of it as some stupid little entitlement I have and neither does he. Honestly, I don't see how you cannot love or "Understand the concept of love" at age 13. And our relationship has been tested in many upon many situations and at the moment we can't physically see eachother cause of his parents, so I haven't seen him in 7 months, but our bond has gotten nothing but stronger because of this. If it was just some stupid little 'crush-thing' I would have dumped him LONG ago. Love isn't just about physical attraction because that is just shallow. If you love them for their personality and know you would be able to live with them without getting sick of them, and you want to grow old with them and have a family, THAT is love.

To 2; Me and him started making out in 5th grade and we were called nothing other than "Those cute lovers" by everyone in the school. If your school called that girl a slut cause she kissed someone, your school was VERY immature. I don't know anyone who would have called someone a slut for kissing someone in 6th grade.

Ok, and how the hell did you not know how babies were made until 7th grade? I knew how they were made in 1st. You must have been very heavily sheltered if you didn't know for THAT long. o.0 ((No offense or anything against you, that's just screwed up.))

I also agree somewhat, though, because some kids aren't up to it and actually don't understand it. Me and my bf personally might be very mature for our age or something, but still. I'm just showing an example, here. ((Thank you, Mark, for mentioning me. Haha.)) I guess it just depends upon the kids involved.
Burning Friend
Banned
Burning Friend
December 16th, 2007 at 01:59am
-Does it really qualify as something serious?
No, very few high school relationships turn into anything serious, much less junior high.
-At what age does someone become entitled to having a boyfriend/girlfriend?
Depends. A casual girlfriend/boyfriend can be very young, but a serious REAL relationship, one probably shouldn't deal with till around their late teens. Think about it, how many 13 year olds are gonna get married, have sex, or even stay together for over a few months? Not too many.
-When has it gone too far?
I don't think "going too far" is as much sex and kissing as it is the whole "We're gonna get married and be a happy couple forever" attitude. Maybe it's a personal thing, but when a young teenage girl gets all caught up in a guy (often an older guy) and they break up and she gets so broken hearted because "she thought he loved her". Oh please. Your petty junior high relationship isn't love. I'm not saying it can't be, but about 99%, there's no denying it.
-Pros and cons
It's your first shot at love. Don't take it too seriously, because there are tons of other people out there. Getting too attached will become annoying, often resulting in a breakup. Don't get your hopes up too high, because chances are, it ain't love.
bite me.
Killjoy
bite me.
December 16th, 2007 at 07:41pm
jiigsaw:

To 1; Ok, I know as a FACT that that is not true. I started going out with my current boyfriend in 5th grade and it's been 3 years and we're still together. I would definetly go against your ruling because I don't just think of it as some stupid little entitlement I have and neither does he. Honestly, I don't see how you cannot love or "Understand the concept of love" at age 13. And our relationship has been tested in many upon many situations and at the moment we can't physically see eachother cause of his parents, so I haven't seen him in 7 months, but our bond has gotten nothing but stronger because of this. If it was just some stupid little 'crush-thing' I would have dumped him LONG ago. Love isn't just about physical attraction because that is just shallow. If you love them for their personality and know you would be able to live with them without getting sick of them, and you want to grow old with them and have a family, THAT is love.

exactly. and, im so sorry you havent been able to see him for so long. =[ i dont know what id do with myself if that happened to me, but one thing is for sure, i would never break up with my boyfriend, no matter how long i had to wait, because im in love with him, just like youre in love with your boyfriend.

but, i think there is one thing i didnt think about until just recently.
before i fell in love, i wouldve taken the other side on this debate, because thats how i felt before it happened. i guess that could play a major role in this discussion. its so easy not to believe something that youve never expirienced yourself, expecially when statistics are on your side, and so much fake love is going around these days.
i do agree that too many jr high, and even high school teens think they are in love, say they are in love, and really arent. it pisses me off too.
SINATRA
Bleeding on the Floor
SINATRA
December 18th, 2007 at 05:49am
i don't know. i just think that until you are an adult and experience real adult situations and stresses, you can't really test your realtionship.

sometimes, things seem really great, then they take it one step further (i.e. moving in together, possibly having children, etc), and it really can complicate things. the stresses you go through as a teenager are not the same as when you are an adult, so how do you know if you can sustain a happy and healthy relationship under any and all circumstances at such a young age? i am not meaning to argue with those of you who say you are a teenager in love, because believe me, i have been there.

i dated a guy when i was 17 and we were together for 2 years. i seriously thought i was in love with him. but as our relationship progressed and we went more into our adulthood, we changed as people and we dealt with life changing situations such as jobs and college. it takes away from your time together. we could do so much more in high school than we could as young adults, because we had more free time. after we broke up, and i did a lot of growing up as a person, i realized i really did love him, but i wasn't in love with him.

i think a lot of people confuse the two, though they are so convinced they know what they are feeling at the time. the concept of love (and being in love) is confusing. i think that a majority of people can never really grasp it. the way i dated when i was 14 and the way i date now as a 20-year-old is so different. i said the same things a majority of you are saying in here, and i am telling you, you may not always feel that way. of course, i am not stating that it's a fact you will change as much as i have (or anybody else for that matter), but i can almost guarantee that you will change in some way in your approach to your relationships with people. you will change as a person. i can't believe that you will be the same person with the same ideals and thoughts 30 years form now. some things WILL change. it's what people do- we progress and move forward. and with that, so do our relationships. they don't all stay the same, as much as we believe they will. this goes for your friendships as well.

i am not speaking for EVERYONE here. i am just stating my opinion based on my own personal experiences and those of the people i know.
hoppy.
In The Murder Scene
hoppy.
December 18th, 2007 at 05:33pm
it's ironic I found this thread today o_o
-

i can't stand all the middle school "love". No one seems to grasp the concept of what love really is! Cheese
I've never had a boyfriend, just lots of boys that are friends, I'm fine with that but people just randomly lash the words "I love you" and then the words loose their meaning ><
and how in middle school were so excited about having a boyfriend and what not... what are you going to do?
a) you can't really date (no car to drive)
b) no PDA at school, so what's the point
c) it's more of a heartbreaking than what it's worth!
-----
2 of my friends have gone through this in the past 3 weeks and they are sooooooo mellowdramatic about it
the relationships weren't that great at all, I could feel the break-ups coming before it came...

I guess I'm not that supportive of it but I ask myself "what would I do if a guy asked me out?" and it flips things up a bit... I'm not 100% sure about the subject.... but personally you have your whole life to go out with dudes! Why waste the beginning of it with heartbreak, stress from guys if you know how it's going to turn out in the end?