Don't have an account? Create one!

Middle-School Romance

AuthorMessage
whitney.
Shotgun Sinner
whitney.
December 18th, 2007 at 06:43pm
Love/romance doesn't really exist when you're in Middle School.
Bah. I'm gonna be blunt about it.
You don't know what love it when you're in NINTH GRADE.
ashexmassacre
Killjoy
ashexmassacre
December 19th, 2007 at 08:32pm
Love is love ;]
No matter what age you are, love is still the same.
If you feel it, there shouldn't be any problem really.
And you should be able to have a boyfriend or girlfriend whenever you know you can be committed to one person ;]
I hope this helps!
Best of Luck ;]
SomethingStrange
Killjoy
SomethingStrange
December 19th, 2007 at 09:16pm
Being in middle school, I think it's only bad when it's taken too far.
In sixth grade and younger I don't think it should even happen.
Often times this dating results in horrible rumors and sexual relationships none of them were ready for.
Occasionally I hear someone say "I love you." Now I'm only 14, I don't think I know exactly what that love is. And I don't mean like how I love my family or whatever. But sometimes they mix simple crushes up with love, it happens all too much. I actually find it quite sad when they get into this type of thing when they're so obviously not ready.
icyblues
Motor Baby
icyblues
December 24th, 2007 at 10:32am
QVery Happyoes it really qualify as something serious?

A:No It doesn't because everyone knows for a fact that is most likely not going to last, too much drama involved in middle school.

Q:At what age does someone become entitled to having a boyfriend/girlfriend?

A: It's not up to me it's up to that person and how they feel about it, not me.

Q:When has it gone too far?

A: When your known in school as "The Slut".
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
December 24th, 2007 at 11:40pm
Does it really qualify as something serious?Depends on how well the couple gets along and how long they have been dating, and/or their families know each other well
-At what age does someone become entitled to having a boyfriend/girlfriend?Well..In my family, when a young female or male turns 15, they are able to date, its a tradition in my family
-When has it gone too far?When one pressures their partner to do something they don't want to, such as engaging in any type of sex
DeadInTheWater
Fabulous Killjoy
DeadInTheWater
December 25th, 2007 at 05:26pm
atm it will feel legit to the people
but it'll hardly ever last
as much as they think it will/want it too
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
December 25th, 2007 at 07:24pm
dark.sian:
atm it will feel legit to the people
but it'll hardly ever last
as much as they think it will/want it too

Personal Experience, that is true
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
December 25th, 2007 at 07:25pm
btw, when it has gone too far, its when he(or she) proposes to their lover"
Jesse Lacey;
Awake and Unafraid
Jesse Lacey;
December 25th, 2007 at 10:36pm
PaperDoll:
I can see your point here...but wouldn't a proposal indicate that someone is thinking ahead of time, therefore probably really in love?

in my opinion, just because you don't love someone forever doesn't mean it isn't true love.
doctor.
In The Murder Scene
doctor.
December 26th, 2007 at 06:16pm
RevSynysterShadows:
i think its all right as long as you dont start like kissing each other and stuff.wait till your older

Could you please expand on this a little on why you think they should wait until they are older? What do you feel a suitable kissing age would be?

I think that it's fine. As with any couple, not many people are happy with public displays of affection but that's not just with middle school relationships.

Part of a relationship is the physical side of things, I'm not saying it's right for 12 year old children to be having sex with eachother but I don't find kissing a big deal. It's still expressing love for eachother which, I believe, anyone should be able to do. So, personally, I see nothing wrong with it as long as they don't feel rushed and/or pressured.

Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
December 26th, 2007 at 07:29pm
Katyara:
PaperDoll:
I can see your point here...but wouldn't a proposal indicate that someone is thinking ahead of time, therefore probably really in love?

in my opinion, just because you don't love someone forever doesn't mean it isn't true love.

The person might be thinking way too far ahead, Now I'm not saying that a person should have a limit in whatever it is to think, but wouldn't you really, as a middle schooler, would you think that far?
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
December 26th, 2007 at 07:31pm
Painful Reality:
RevSynysterShadows:
i think its all right as long as you dont start like kissing each other and stuff.wait till your older

Could you please expand on this a little on why you think they should wait until they are older? What do you feel a suitable kissing age would be?

I think that it's fine. As with any couple, not many people are happy with public displays of affection but that's not just with middle school relationships.

Part of a relationship is the physical side of things, I'm not saying it's right for 12 year old children to be having sex with eachother but I don't find kissing a big deal. It's still expressing love for eachother which, I believe, anyone should be able to do. So, personally, I see nothing wrong with it as long as they don't feel rushed and/or pressured.

Aslong as they do not or are not rushed or pressured into something that they do not want to do. SEX for example
a_h
Thinking Happy Thoughts
a_h
December 28th, 2007 at 02:20pm
Katyara:
Sorry if there is already a thread like this.

I was wondering what everyone thought about the romances 6-8 graders have.

-Does it really qualify as something serious?
-At what age does someone become entitled to having a boyfriend/girlfriend?
-When has it gone too far?
-Pros and cons

Please let me know your opinion!

1. you never know. i mean i know a couple that have been together since the seventh grade, and we are juniors in highschool now. most middle school "relationships" only last a couple months, but there are that select few....
2.people normally start feeling attracted to other people around 11 or twelve years old. so there really is nothing you can do but tell the child to be careful. after all theyre gonna do what they want anyways..
3. it has gone too far when kids are having unprotected sex at the ages of 13-19 years old. its ridiculous and they dont know that everything that they had going for them could be gone in a second
4. a pro to these relationships is heartbreak. it sounds wierd but you learn a lot when your heart is ripped out. you are more careful next time around. cons would be probably all of the rumors that circulate when there is a couple in middle school. there is a lot of jealousy
Jesse Lacey;
Awake and Unafraid
Jesse Lacey;
December 28th, 2007 at 07:17pm
PaperDoll:
The person might be thinking way too far ahead, Now I'm not saying that a person should have a limit in whatever it is to think, but wouldn't you really, as a middle schooler, would you think that far?
Of course not. That would TOTALLY be taking it too far Mr. Green

but, say, "Hmm...in 2 weeks if we're still arguing, I think it's time to say goodbye" represents a positive, mature thinker in my mind. One of the keys to a relationship at a young age is being accepting towards the fact that it might not last forever.
mcr-lover123
Joining The Black Parade
mcr-lover123
December 28th, 2007 at 08:33pm
hello i am new can anyone help
?
never coming home.
Bleeding on the Floor
never coming home.
December 28th, 2007 at 08:49pm
mcr-lover123:
hello i am new can anyone help
?

---Well questions about how INO works should go in the noob section.
Message Board->teh nOObs->Sticky: NOOBS Questions & Answers->Reply To This Topic
Very Happy
mcrfanwhore101
Killjoy
mcrfanwhore101
January 28th, 2008 at 09:36pm
I never thought people could be truly find love in middle school or the early stages of highschool and when I found the person I'm with now it took me forever to reliezed what we have is real. And we were 15. Never underestimate the power of love.
mcrfanwhore101
Killjoy
mcrfanwhore101
January 28th, 2008 at 09:36pm
I never thought people could be truly find love in middle school or the early stages of highschool and when I found the person I'm with now it took me forever to reliezed what we have is real. And we were 15. Never underestimate the power of love.
Spirited Away
Joining The Black Parade
Spirited Away
March 23rd, 2008 at 06:59pm
Okay, so I was recently in middle school and I didnt belive in relationships at that age. I thought that people just wanted a boyfriend or a girlfriend just for the sake of saying, "Oh ya, I have a boyfriend (or girlfriend)." My friends all had boyfriends and I just told everyone who "asked me out" that I didnt want to be in a relationship in seventh grade. People are rushing it and they dont know what a real relationship is. Two people will "go out" and dont do anything. They usually dont even speak to eachother. When they break up, they'll hate eachother and never talk to eachother again. Its fun to have friends and flirt, but once you get into relationship mode, its nothing and just a drag. Middle-school romance is not serious, just fun to middle schoolers.
Littlemisschem
Fabulous Killjoy
Littlemisschem
March 23rd, 2008 at 08:10pm
I'm pretty sure there isn't any real love going on when you're in middle school. You'll find people that make you feel these wondrous emotions that are similar to true love, but never the real thing. At the tender ages of 11 through 13, the mind and heart hasn't quite matured enough to actual recognize the difference between true love and a junior high crush. Sorry to go down the hall of memories, but when I was a kid (I feel old, and I'm only17!!!) okay, in my early teens, I met a guy that was different from all the other drooling idiots. Developed a crush on him, he then began to like me as well. Sounds like happily ever after, right? Well, the next year, he goes off to high school and then gets a girlfriend. It crushed me, boo hoo, but I got over it. I had thought I was in love, now that I think about it, I really think I was an idiot. So, as you see through my boring story, it's too early for middle school. Just wait a bit and then you'll find your true beau.