Don't have an account? Create one!

Middle-School Romance

AuthorMessage
stac-renee
Killjoy
stac-renee
April 1st, 2008 at 09:56am
MIDDLE SCHOOL KIDS ARE NOT MATURE ENOUGH FOR THIS, THEY HAVE OTHER THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT - LIKE GETTING A GOOD EDUCATION TO MAKE A GOOD LIFE FOR THEMSELVES. A LITTLE BOY WHO IS 14 GOT ATTACHED TO MY SISTER WHO IS 13, THEY STARTED OUT TO BE GOOD FRIENDS AND WENT PLACES TOGETHER WITH HIS FAMILY, HE GOT OBSESSIVE, SHE DIDN'T WANT A BOYFRIEND. NOW HE IS SEEING A SHRINK AND SLEEPING WITH HIS FATHER AT NIGHT BECAUSE THEY ARE AFRAID HE WILL HURT HIMSELF AND NOW MY SISTER IS STRESSING OUT AND CANT CONCENTRATE ON HER SCHOOL WORK ETC. WAY TOO YOUNG FOR THIS CRAP
Cherokee
Banned
Cherokee
April 2nd, 2008 at 10:14am
My opinion, since I've been through it!

-Does it really qualify as something serious?
Nop, but you have to make sure that child won't get driven off by it.

-At what age does someone become entitled to having a boyfriend/girlfriend?
erm... 9th till university. but that boyfriend\gilfirend thing, I believe it's all wrong.

-When has it gone too far?
When they go out together as a bf and gf not as just freinds..
beautiful loser.
Really Not Okay
beautiful loser.
April 2nd, 2008 at 07:18pm
i'm going through all this crap right now. for me, it's hard dating a girl in middle school, considering i'm a girl too. Many homophobes around. People should wait until high school to date. now in middle school isn't the right time.
Colorado Sunrise.
Salute You in Your Grave
Colorado Sunrise.
April 3rd, 2008 at 09:04pm
Well, who knows, maybe.

When you say "they're too young"
blah blah, what do you mean?

They're at the 'puberty' stage where their
emotions play with their heads. They start piss fits,
arguments, start crushing, and stuff.
It's mother nature to have "fallen in love".

I think we are nobodies to be telling kids that
love is unsafe unless you're their parents
or guardians.

Yeah, sometimes it is stupid thinking
"Oooh 'tis a match made in heaven" (i hate that saying),
and a little advice is okay but being all "ohh, consequences,
safety" on them is ridiculous.

It will make them feel bad as tweenagers. Or kids.
XD
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
April 3rd, 2008 at 10:29pm
i feel that middle school romances or even high school romances don't work out.
why?
because you change, I see so many kids experiment with sex at my school and I'm not even in high school yet.
I think it's ok to have a boyfriend or girlfriend to like mess around with but I don't think it should get to intercoarse or where you become obsessed with each other.
thats ridiculous.
I have had boyfriends, and I'm not willing to go out with anyone for a while.
But my best friend dated her boyfriend for over a year, she would dump everything for him, he broke up with her and she was planning to spend forever with him, to me it just doesn't seem worth it
thesharpestminds
Killjoy
thesharpestminds
April 4th, 2008 at 11:25am
Well I think you should never get into something super serious until out of high school cause, yeah, people change. But I don't think it hurts to just casually go out with someone until then.
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
April 4th, 2008 at 08:31pm
i really hate it when people say "oh well a 13 year old
can be just as in love with her boyfriend then a married couple"
fact? i say not
why? because tbh 10-15 year old dont know what they want yet, they cant make there own wise decisions, and what i mean by this is
there not as responsible as a mature 18 year old or an adult.
there just learning things, sure there'll be crushes. But nothing more then that
because those pre-teen years are full of mistakes, school, responsibilities.

@stac-renee
you are truley correct on that, because my little sister exprienced that too,
boys and girls are learning about love and all at that age so there minds
get easily manipulated,and confused.
a day to remember.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
a day to remember.
April 5th, 2008 at 12:10am
I'm not saying it's love, but I really, really like my girlfriend of 3 months.
I used to not believe in middle school romance, until now.

Though I think certain aspects of cliche middle school romances are what tick people off (and me too).

Like, they're pressured into like making out just because their relationship status has 'officially' changed. And then they like feel each other up and such, oh and then two weeks later, one of them decides they like someone else and dump the other person. Something like that is not love, that's hormone driven horny teenagers trying to get off.

With my relationship with my girlfriend, it's not like that at all. We're like, best friends in an aspect, except, we kiss and hug and such. Though if we were friends, it'd be different though. Changing the relationship status is sort of cliche, but I guess there's a reason for that.
SINATRA
Bleeding on the Floor
SINATRA
April 5th, 2008 at 01:54am
I don't think so. Of course, middle school kids are capable of loving, however, I don't think they are capable of understanding the concept of being IN LOVE with someone. It takes experience to understand something such as being in love with someone. At a yougn age, I don't think they are even close to that kind of experience, nor that level of maturity, regardless of how adult they act for their age.
eiw its -._gemma_.-
Killjoy
eiw its -._gemma_.-
April 6th, 2008 at 04:32pm
I don't think so either

YES i know im being a hypocrite right now seing as I have a boyfriend but I KNOW that most boys at that age are not interested. This makes us girls/boys feel left out.

When i say /boys i am talking about homo/bisexual because i have nothing against them.

learn from my daft mistake PLEASE I LOVE YOU ALL XD
mychemicalkiki
Killjoy
mychemicalkiki
April 6th, 2008 at 06:43pm
im just new here but, i think that if you think its love it might as well be because
that what love is its very random but beautiful....i think middle school love is the most real because if two of those snobby ms kids can find love with each other then why not trust em
Griffin's Gunn.
Jazz Hands
Griffin's Gunn.
April 6th, 2008 at 10:24pm
Cherokee:
My opinion, since I've been through it!

Nop, but you have to make sure that child won't get driven off by it.

erm... 9th till university. but that boyfriend\gilfirend thing, I believe it's all wrong.

When they go out together as a bf and gf not as just freinds..

It looks like someone has never had a boyfriend...
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
April 7th, 2008 at 01:37am
Grow up. This isn't the place for childish comments like that. Read the rules before you post again. Thanks.
Rabid Squirrel.
Salute You in Your Grave
Rabid Squirrel.
April 7th, 2008 at 03:50am
Neutral okay...since i'm bored and got me into this stuff...

...hmm, i guess for our age no, not yet...but relationships are serious business too...i think it's grown-up stuff when it gets really serious.

i asked my cousin, and she told me that even at my age [13-14's not bad]...anyone can be with someone they love...but not necessarily down to deep understanding of love. c'mon, we're still immature...

...when it's so damn early to do things that are, well, pretty much with restrictions and such...holding hands is a pretty nice option. learn the old-fashioned way of love while still kids...sex is not yet authorized.

-Pros and cons
...for me, it helps to build up confidence in knowing more about girls, how to interact with them and knowing how to handle their feelings...only that, we can't be too far and deeper like those 17-year-old people. we're still unsure of what love really is...

that's my point of view...hmm...edit:my cousin sorta messed this up...so it's our point of view.
rocknrolljunkie989
Killjoy
rocknrolljunkie989
April 7th, 2008 at 10:31pm

I remember being 11 and my guy friend lost his virginity. That is way too far.
a day to remember.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
a day to remember.
April 9th, 2008 at 08:04pm
SINATRA:
I don't think so. Of course, middle school kids are capable of loving, however, I don't think they are capable of understanding the concept of being IN LOVE with someone. It takes experience to understand something such as being in love with someone. At a yougn age, I don't think they are even close to that kind of experience, nor that level of maturity, regardless of how adult they act for their age.

Yes, middle school romance, isn't exactly romance, it's just a coy imitation of romance, which I have no problem with. I think it's kind of cute. :]
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
April 9th, 2008 at 10:56pm
i think its ok. like, obviously middle school your not gonna have a steady bf, you know? but i think its ok to hang with boys and even have a bf. you just cant take it too seriously. like, ive seen girls who are like "omg! my bf is so hot! we're gonna get married. i love him more than anything!" and then they break up, few days of tears, and then the next boy she loves so much and theyre gonna get married.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
April 10th, 2008 at 09:05am
I think "middle school romance" is taken too far when the couple in question [of, say, around the average age of 14 or 15] are talking about getting married. It does happen - teenagers think that they are "so in love" with their current boyfriend or girlfriend, and assume that they're going to "be together forever". I knew several people in highschool who felt like this - one 15 year old girl was even engaged at one point 19 year old boyfriend. I think that's going too far.
They're too immature.
doctor.
In The Murder Scene
doctor.
April 11th, 2008 at 10:23am

But what everyone seems to be forgetting is that it CAN work.

People that think about marriage from a young age can go on, get married and live happy lives together. It's not 100% certain but it does happen.

Surely, no one should be denied the chance of finding the person they may or may not spend the rest of their lives with. In this case, as with many, the level of maturity is so much more important than the age.

My Vampire Romance
Killjoy
My Vampire Romance
April 11th, 2008 at 03:37pm
I have a boyfriend who is just like me kinda cept hes into harder forms of rock than I am. He gets into a lot of trouble and were completely opposite. We both like hard rock music but im more of a chick who never gets into trouble.

We always say we love each other and we talk about trust a lot. But i know its not true that were in love. It feels awesome though.

Now back to the point-
I think that if middle schoolers want to be with someone they could think whatever but i know they cant be in love and it wont last forever.
Its the sad truth and i hate thinking about it.