Don't have an account? Create one!

Amazing Gerard Way Interview. One of the best I've ever seen.

AuthorMessage
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
May 17th, 2008 at 12:27am
He's so amazing.
I don't know what else to say. That interview just knocked me completely off of my feet. I love him more than words can express.
In Love
maxim bemis.
Crash Queen
maxim bemis.
May 17th, 2008 at 04:20am
In Love
Wow. He's just... awesome. Amazing, as the person above said.
That would have to be one of the best interviews ever.

And would anyone know where you could download both parts of the interview?
keep on living.
Shotgun Sinner
keep on living.
May 18th, 2008 at 03:31am
This is my favorite interview he's ever done <3 My hero.
Just Steph...
Motor Baby
Just Steph...
May 18th, 2008 at 01:20pm
demolition.loverxx:

Mine too.
"I'm just a man, I'm not a hero" - he liesssss Shocked haha
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
May 18th, 2008 at 02:29pm
this is one of my favorite interviews with him. it gives me a lot of hope.

honestly, i never thought he changed. i thought he was just going through a phase. and he basically was.
Golden Cat
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Golden Cat
May 18th, 2008 at 02:55pm
Does anyone have this interview in written form? Youtube makes my computer crash..
keep on living.
Shotgun Sinner
keep on living.
May 18th, 2008 at 07:13pm
Just Steph...:
demolition.loverxx:

Mine too.
"I'm just a man, I'm not a hero" - he liesssss Shocked haha

Ha ha lol I totally agree.
They guys in MCR are more than men; they are ALL heroes In Love
vengeance university
Shotgun Sinner
vengeance university
May 18th, 2008 at 08:13pm
Wow.
I don't even know what to say exactly...

He's just such a great person.
I'll admit, there are times that I worry the fame is getting to him, but when he talks he's just so level-headed and he just knows.

I like that interview. :]
Chantal
Bleeding on the Floor
Chantal
May 18th, 2008 at 10:48pm
i adore this interview
you simply like cant believe gee is human when you hear it

"Mine too.
"I'm just a man, I'm not a hero" - he liesssss haha"

roflroflrofl

soo true
The Fab Four
Always Born a Crime
The Fab Four
May 22nd, 2008 at 03:31pm
It's weird, so many people talk about how he changed and for me this video just confirmed that fact. He has changed, not in a bad way at all but instead in an amazing way. I don't understand why people got so caught up in how he moved on as a person, it happens to us all and the amazing thing is that Gerard hasn't necessarily changed dramatically but as he said, he has realised all the things in his life that make him him and he has realised what's the point in trying to be something your not. It's obvious he isn't going to be the same person as he was 4 years ago, who is? But what I don't understand is the view that what he is doing isn't right, because it is. It's part of human nature to move on and chagnge and improve as a person.
demolitionloversmway
Thinking Happy Thoughts
demolitionloversmway
June 15th, 2008 at 01:06pm
everyone changes and matures as they grow older
im just really glad that hes so happy
dude hes been through alot and hes really pulled through
lov that guy
Deleted
Salute You in Your Grave
Deleted
June 15th, 2008 at 01:36pm
This is why we must always..... and always.... and forever.... Keep The Faith...

Change is constant.... And They're changing for the better...
I'm Not Okay90
Fabulous Killjoy
I'm Not Okay90
June 15th, 2008 at 05:49pm
He's so Amazing and inspirational.

Look at his hair. Tehe He's the most awesomest singer ever! Whistle
look alive sunshine.
Shotgun Sinner
look alive sunshine.
June 17th, 2008 at 06:31pm
It’s the interviews like these that make me so proud of these guys, but also the ones that make me wonder the most. How can you associate them with suicide, self harm and the whole obnoxiously overused term “emo”? When they are so positive, so full of hope and inspiration + motivation.

The rest of the world is falling apart…starting to. Always looking for the negatives in everything. People always like to think of themselves as ‘greater than thou’. Image has become too stereotypical and overpowering. It’s really sad sometimes and it even sounds ridiculous, but it’s just the way the world can be.
Recently, I’ve noticed how kids are so mean to each other these days. Little kids, like 8 and 9. they’re so rude, there’s no morals, no respect. Not all of them are like this, but t o o many. It’s scary to think that one day they’ll be the adults in this world. The adults NOW, especially the young ones, can change this all and probably have the greatest impact on society as a whole. Look at what’s going on now. And nobody ever wants to take the blame for anything, it’s always someone else’s fault…
What happened to the decent role models who have actually done something good, something important that had a great lasting impact? Now, most of them do drugs, party all the time, go to “jail”, and have big names with pretty faces. They’re the celebrities and so many of them are kids’ heroes. Is it any wonder why things are a bit crazy? It’s who they look up to, they want to be like these famous people. all that’s focused on is who’s going to jail, who’s hooking up with who, who’s going to rehab…all over the TV and magazines. How about WHO CARES?! Focus on why they’re famous in the first place. All these actors actresses and whatnot. Then I’ll understand a bit more.
Right here I’m just talking about kids under the age of 14 or so. Before they can define who they want to be, how they’re going to live and where the line is drawn according to their standards. Second graders with their middle fingers sticking up at you knowing exactly what it means and that they mean it, 13 year olds illegally running around wasted just having a grand old time…kids; elementary children, talking about sex like it’s nothing, most of them also having quite a decent idea about it all. They think they know exactly what’s going on and how “grown up” they figure they appear to be. Yeah and then when you’re stuck with a kid at 15? Now it’s time to prove how grown up you are. They definitely don’t deserve an abortion and shouldn’t even think about it. But that’s just what they’ll want to do and then just carry on with life like it’s all okay.
Three kids this year alone DIED at my high school, none of them seniors, from drug overdose or alcohol poisoning. Can somebody PLEASE tell me what’s going on? I know it’s high school and kids are going to drink, more than likely, but what’s really so great about it all? Great enough to die for? Probably not. I’m straightedge completely, I’ll admit. I’ve seen too much, even in my extended family, to be attracted to any of that in the least bit. Which in a way is a good thing as far as abstinence/peer pressure goes. I wouldn’t really consider myself a goody two shoes, but I’m sure not what’s described above. For me, at least where I live, there’s far and few between this all.

Meanwhile..(sorry I got so off topic) all this just floats on past everyone, yet when 5 guys try and make this world a better place it’s not tolerated because?...they’re dressed form head to toe in black on occasion and have been stamped emo by the masses, so why beg to differ? Go with the majority? OKAY!! So you’re saying who cares if they’re keeping kids sane or alive? Who cares if they’re telling kids to hang in there and that the world isn’t so bad, that there’s hope, so don’t give up? It’s ok to be different. Be yourself who cares that they actually have something positive to say and that they give a voice to the kids that don’t have one? What a nice supportive world. [that was all sarcastic in case nobody caught it]

People see the word death, kill or vampire and men with tight jeans and occasional eyeliner and for some reason; this just causes all hell to break loose. “They’re coming to destroy your children’s minds” “It’s a cult!” yeah you get the point…some of it’s laughable and a bit ironic at the same time. Apparently, nobody’s creative enough to think of metaphors or that they’re overreacting just a bit. A [b]metaphor[b]-words use to describe one situation, but really men something entirely different. The kids who know this band know things on the surface aren’t always as they appear to be when it comes to their lyrics. Take it in your own way, your own life. But it’s meant in a non violent positive way.

Another REALLY GOOD interview to check out would be this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD27Y4teuoM . it shows how Gerard really is as a person, in my opinion. He’s animated and sounds sincere. The ones like these, the serious one on one interviews, really reflect how intelligent they are as people in general. It’s a shame that it’s overlooked by many people. Frank also, some of the things that come out of that man’s mouth just amaze me. I’ll just sit there and become so inspired and motivated to be the best person I can be. He’s already, well, they’ve already changed me quite a bit in positive ways so far…it’s one of the reasons why I love these guys. They cause you to rethink things.

From what I’ve seen and experienced on this site and in life, many already have taken action. Mcr have great fans, 97+% of them. They look out for eachother in so many ways and seem to have a lot of heart and hope, actually seeming sincere and caring too. If only more people could catch on, the world could be a much happier place. Think before you judge, laugh, ridicule and/or ignore those who you’d consider different. What makes them so different from you? Maybe they have issues in life that aren’t their fault that cause them to live life the way they are. I don’t mean this bitterly, but just think about it. All of us deserve to be respect and should respect ourselves, our bodies for that matter. We’re all humans with the same emotions and typical behaviors. More alike than we’d think. It all starts with us, little by little. It would be kinda cool to see it happen.

Wow, I feel like I’m advertising for a political campaign or am some type of preacher. Sorry for the extremely long rant. I don’t think the world is completely horrible and I know it probably came off as that. And for being sorta negative =/ I’ve just seen a lot of this around me, especially at school. We had a deep discussion about this all in English and it really made me think…perhaps a bit too much actually. Haha. Sorry if I bored or offended any of you. It wasn’t the planned point. Hopefully I changed somebody’s point of view on a positive note. If not, well; I tried Smile
keep on living.
Shotgun Sinner
keep on living.
June 17th, 2008 at 07:02pm
^ Clap That rant was amazing. I completely agree with all that you said!
look alive sunshine.
Shotgun Sinner
look alive sunshine.
June 17th, 2008 at 09:19pm
^thank you =]
after i posted it i was kinda like "meh, maybe i shouldn't have posted all that, i kind of sound a bit bitchy" (for lack of better word) but thanks for reading all that, it means a lot. and it's nice to know someone's in the same boat...
Kitty Clover
Jazz Hands
Kitty Clover
June 20th, 2008 at 01:02am
Gerard's interviews truly convince me how he has matured, and I love hearing what he has to say, because it gives me hope and shows how amazing he is.

Xstar-crossed-loverX: I agree with what you said too. Many of the people around me see a label or hear something from someone important like the popular crowd at school or the media and immediately go with it. Many people don't try to actually take the time to listen to someone before they judge. It's really sad when you think about what the world is coming to and the celebrities the new generations will be learning from. Thanks for posting that, I loved it. :]
look alive sunshine.
Shotgun Sinner
look alive sunshine.
June 20th, 2008 at 04:31pm
no problem =D
glad i'm not getting a hard time about it like i thought i might,
thanks for the compliments guys, it really does mean alot...
keep on living.
Shotgun Sinner
keep on living.
June 21st, 2008 at 03:05am
^ I don't think you should ever be afraid to speak your mind, ever. In any situation. With that being said ...
Again, I loved what you had to say. Especially about "all hell breaking lose" just because someone dressed differently or likes a different style of music or has a different opinion on life, or whatever. I hate prejudice against such superficial things. I think it's ridiculous to judge a person or think lesser of them because of something so silly as maybe the color of clothing they prefer. So I really loved that part of your little ramble <3
Rant on! Speak out! =D
look alive sunshine.
Shotgun Sinner
look alive sunshine.
June 21st, 2008 at 08:09pm
OKAY =D
thank you.