Don't have an account? Create one!

Amazing Gerard Way Interview. One of the best I've ever seen.

AuthorMessage
Heart Attack.
Salute You in Your Grave
Heart Attack.
June 26th, 2008 at 10:16am
I'm sure he has changed, everyone changes. But that was a seriously awesome interview. I have even more respect for him than I did before watching that. He is such an inspiration, I admire him so much, he is an amazing person. And the thing he said about antidepressants, how they take away from who you are, is exactly what I think! It is great that the band is more than just a band because they have a truly sincere message, and they help so many people, myself included. I love those guys. . .this sounds so lame, but they're my heroes.

Xstar-crossed-loverX, your rant was amazing! I completely agree with you. Just because MCR has "explicit content" and has lyrics that scare people who don't actually know what its about, people tend to categorize them as violent emo freaks who are bad influences, yet all the other celebrities who really are bad influences and have no message at all are acceptable. If people would actually listen to what My Chemical Romance has to say, they would realize that these guys are trying to make things better, and they have a real message that so many people are inspired by.
look alive sunshine.
Shotgun Sinner
look alive sunshine.
June 26th, 2008 at 06:16pm
=] thanks!
i know what you mean, i'd have to completely agree with your choice of heroes too!!
Skellington.
Killjoy
Skellington.
June 26th, 2008 at 06:36pm
I love this interview
It really opened me up & made me realize that he is the same ol' Gerard.
keep on living.
Shotgun Sinner
keep on living.
June 27th, 2008 at 06:58pm
mcrfreak256:
...I love those guys. . .this sounds so lame, but they're my heroes.

Xstar-crossed-loverX, your rant was amazing! I completely agree with you. Just because MCR has "explicit content" and has lyrics that scare people who don't actually know what its about, people tend to categorize them as violent emo freaks who are bad influences, yet all the other celebrities who really are bad influences and have no message at all are acceptable. If people would actually listen to what My Chemical Romance has to say, they would realize that these guys are trying to make things better, and they have a real message that so many people are inspired by.

They're my heroes too <3
And I totally agree ... why is it acceptable for little girls to idolize celebrities that get pregnant at seventeen and have plastic surgery before their twenties, but HEAVEN'S FORBID teenagers listen to five grown men tell us not to do drugs or commit suicide. Because, why take what they say seriously. That man's wearing eyeliner, for Heaven's sake!!
... sorry.
Pisses me off >.<
the desperate ranks.
Always Born a Crime
the desperate ranks.
July 3rd, 2008 at 08:16pm
demolition.loverxx:
They're my heroes too <3
And I totally agree ... why is it acceptable for little girls to idolize celebrities that get pregnant at seventeen and have plastic surgery before their twenties, but HEAVEN'S FORBID teenagers listen to five grown men tell us not to do drugs or commit suicide. Because, why take what they say seriously. That man's wearing eyeliner, for Heaven's sake!!
... sorry.
Pisses me off >.<

Exactly. People just look at them, what they wear, and the explicit label, and assume they're suicide-supporting and that they couldn't possibly be sending the right message to kids. It makes me sick (and angry) to think of how quickly people judge others by just the way they look or how much they swear.

-btw, that was an awesome video. I was extremely happy when I saw it. Gerard is just Gerard, and he always will be. That's why I love him. Very Happy
G Way
Jazz Hands
G Way
July 12th, 2008 at 04:49pm
I think it's great that Gerard and the rest of the band kinda grew up a bit, but they are definitely the same goofy people they were and they always will be. I really look up to them and I am so glad that there are celebs out there that can be positive role models for kids. I don't understand why people think that Gerard drunk is funny. Like the part in LOTMS where they talk about his alcoholism. I cry when I see him suffer like that because he is a great person who doesn't need chemicals to thrive. I admire him so much for cleaning up. If I turn out to be half the person Gerard is, I will be very happy.
hellolondon123
Killjoy
hellolondon123
September 19th, 2008 at 03:24pm
could anyone please send me or link the audio for the interview? i would be really grateful for it, thank you
valiumobsequy
Awake and Unafraid
valiumobsequy
September 21st, 2008 at 05:51pm
i dont think he's changed at all, even if he did i would love him anyyway
magii_mcrmy
Killjoy
magii_mcrmy
September 27th, 2008 at 02:30pm
I watched these a while ago. I wasnt into MCR while they were on projekt rev. so I didnt really hear people say that, but these ones are pretty much the interviews that established my respect for him.
Gerard.
Banned
Gerard.
September 27th, 2008 at 03:45pm
i love this interview!