Don't have an account? Create one!

What is the deal-io...

AuthorMessage
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
December 11th, 2007 at 07:00am
No one is trying to start an argument in any way, shape, or form. But the tagline for this thread is "Opinion or fact, it's all good" so Lycia and I both gave you our opinions. I don't feel that Lycia was being rude or snotty, she was simply stating her opinions and observations. As for me, I know several celebrities and have been on their side of things and I feel very strongly that they need their privacy and their personal time.

I have been out and about with celebrities and I see how quickly "just one photo" can turn into a madhouse, or "just one more autograph" turns into a coffee run and mad calls to change reservations because the signing runs an extra hour or more longer than it should. I have been at a restaurant having dinner with them and have had our meal interrupted by overzealous fans who immediately get outraged that the person won't stop what they are doing to sign and take photos. Imagine yourself attempting to enjoy a dinner out with friends, but every time that you do, you have to excuse yourself from your meal to M&G with fans, so that it doesn't seem like you are being rude. So you have to turn your back on your friends to make time for strangers, and end up with a cold meal. Once, our server was a fan and took it upon himself to sit down at our table with us - in the middle of my birthday celebration no less - to talk about the celeb's upcoming projects. Keep in mind that it had taken three weeks of preparation to sync schedules and they were fitting it in inbetween appearances. And it all went down the drain and was ruined because we couldn't enjoy our time because some guy sits down and wants to talk about what he was working on. Had we asked him to leave, within an hour it would have been all over the Internet how rude he was and how he didn't want to take time for a fan. And had I acted in any way angry or upset, then we'd be reading about his bitchy friend who acted like a baby.

Or to turn the tables even further: you've just flown halfway around the world and you're in New Zealand, which I think is just a beautiful country (of course, that's based on repeated LOTR viewings) and you have a free day. Wouldn't you like to go out and do some sight-seeing? Get a chance to see what you flew several hours to see? That would be like me getting mad that they decided to go to the Magic Kingdom instead of doing a M&G for FL fans. While I'd love to have the chance to talk to the band and tell them how much they mean to me, I'd rather know that they are having fun, relaxing, and enjoying where they are.

At what point did we, as fans, buy *the band*? We didn't. We buy their music, we buy their concert tickets, some of us buy Gerard's comic. We do not buy Gerard, Frank, Mikey, Ray, or Bob, or any more of their time than what they give for the concert. It doesn't matter if you follow the band, see every show, own every piece of merch they have -- you do not own them. They do not owe you their personal time. And as for paying for a M&G -- do you have a job? Don't you like to get paid for the time you spend at your job? Do you want to work for free? Neither do they. Being in the band is their *job* and they have every right to expect to get paid for doing that job. And before someone brings up how much money they already have: remember even Bill Gates still takes home a paycheck.

And to be fair again -- I don't think *anyone* got the entire band on this last tour, save for maybe a couple shows in Jersey. Mikey was still on his break at my show so I only had 4 of the 5. It didn't make the show any less spectacular.
Atavan Halen
Salute You in Your Grave
Atavan Halen
December 11th, 2007 at 07:13am
^ you.are.awesome In Love
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
December 11th, 2007 at 10:16am
i think that we alway juge mcr , you know if ther enot this way then there not that way and blablabalba ,, there not like they used to be. im not a rude person and i have sat trough this like fucking long enough , so to all the " non believers" fuck off!. there men ,there tired who the fuck can blame them ! always on tour. and how do we know there not up and about , are we in the countryes there in ? no , and im sure that fans haave got plenty of pictures with them , but just keep it to them selfes
this is not an insult . its just my oppinion
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
December 11th, 2007 at 11:40am
Jesserz:
Also, at BDO we had to PAY for the M&G tickets. just to get like something signed. & there were only 200 tickets. & my friend Nicole just pointed out that you could see that the people who missed out were the ... [i hate to say it, considering what people believe around here] true fans. People who had desperately wanted to meet them for 3 years. & the people who got in the line only wanted to because Gerard is "hot" & stuff.
That's the label doing that, not the band. The label is also the entity who schedules Meet and Greets. Please don't get bummed out on the band if they were unable to come out and meet with you - they try very hard to, but it's not always possible for them. Sometimes they have interviews scheduled, or are under the weather, or have family to attend to. Try and remember too that a lot of the clips in LOTMS are from years ago, before My Chem had these huge crowds of people wanting to talk with them (and in some cases, scream at and manhandle them) Disgust