Don't have an account? Create one!

Why is MCR so special to you?

AuthorMessage
look alive sunshine.
Shotgun Sinner
look alive sunshine.
December 13th, 2007 at 10:08pm
there's tons of bands out there, everybody has a favorite...for most of us, obviously, it's my chemical romance. but what [in your honest opinion] makes them different? what makes them so special and what sets them aside from all the rest? explain in detail =]
Noxmorexlies
Jazz Hands
Noxmorexlies
December 13th, 2007 at 10:43pm
So many Im not gonna talk about it all.

They're real, they're songs all mean something whether well put out there or hidden meaning. They are okay with imperfections and make it known, they make people who are having trouble with life and finding it hard to live know that is okay helping them get by, hold on making it easier.

They talk about what they love, what they hate, they don't hide the trouble they have had and things that they have gone through. They care about their fans like they care about themselves. They haven't had it easy but they are staying strong and encouraging their fans to do the same. The band supports their fans, they know they have saved lives and helped so many people through tuff times but they also admit that their fans have helped them get by and given them motivation, reason.

My chemical romance sends out an incredible message that cannot be put into words because it is just so more than that.

I have never looked up to anyone, admired them or found them inspiring and yet here is a whole group of people I am looking up to and seeing inspiration and strength in. They make me happy, they're human beings that make things seem so much better through their eyes things are easier to look at.

To me, they are heroes plain and simple no other band has what they have their special in so many ways I love their honesty and reality most importantly I love them in general. Everything about them is special.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
December 13th, 2007 at 11:07pm

They are true to themselves and actually care about fans.
A lot of bands don't have that love.
They make me want to live life. Not sit around and wait for something to happen.
They made me feel things I didn't know I could feel.
They love what they do.

They care about us.

I just can't explain it much simpler.
Everything about them is so different and special.

In Love
SicTransitGloria
Bleeding on the Floor
SicTransitGloria
December 14th, 2007 at 09:05am
There's just something about an MCR song... when you hear it, it just... it lifts you. It's more special than any other song you could ever hear. It's different in so many ways, in the structure, in the style. They are themselves, no-one else's copy.
To me, they've been my helping hand and my backup reserves of energy when I thought I just couldn't go on. They're like... Skittles or something. Skittles are kickass crazy - they're colourful, they have their own significant taste, and they always make you feel happy. You can do so much with Skittles.

Enough about Skittles. These guys cannot be put into a legible language that will define or describe them. They don't take anyone's shit, they know how to enjoy life and how to dream. They know how to love, and I think most importantly, they know how to heal, and respect the scars they've gained.

They're a moon amongst stars - they just stand out. They make sure we know it's okay to do that.
TaraIsBack!
Bleeding on the Floor
TaraIsBack!
December 14th, 2007 at 12:15pm
I really can't pinpoint what it is exactly... It's like asking my WHY I love my hubby. There are so many reasons and to just say it out loud, it doesn't make it sound special KWIM

I just do. I get excited when I hear a single note
Reason.To.Believe
Joining The Black Parade
Reason.To.Believe
December 14th, 2007 at 12:26pm
they're just...real.
you know?

They're songs are pretty different and more...god i dunno

they're just different
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
December 14th, 2007 at 12:40pm
there's no bullshit. they're completely genuine.
they care about their fans
they're so inspiring, they make me want to do something with my life.
their songs are incredible
they trigger emotions i didn't know existed
they infulence me in so many ways, i was a fuxking asshole before i found these guys.
the list goes on forever. i love them with all my heart.
little monster.
Full of Ephedrine
little monster.
December 14th, 2007 at 12:56pm
drunken elevator.:
there's no bullshit. they're completely genuine.
they care about their fans
they're so inspiring, they make me want to do something with my life.
their songs are incredible
they trigger emotions i didn't know existed
they infulence me in so many ways, i was a fuxking asshole before i found these guys.
the list goes on forever. i love them with all my heart.

I know it's an easy way to quote someone else's answer to this, but it's the way I feel aswell. Smile
baby ruthless
Salute You in Your Grave
baby ruthless
December 14th, 2007 at 04:37pm
it's hard to explain
they kinda well
they make me feel like there's someone else out there for me
who's gone through the same bullshit
yes i know i'm only 13, but still
and they're real
they don't sing songs about like drug dealers and getting drunk and how you got it from your mama or w/e
they have meaning
they've made me who i am today
and i'd hate to see what i would be with out them
i love these guys from the bottom of my heart
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
December 14th, 2007 at 04:58pm
^^ Honey, it doesn't matter how old you are, lol :]
I know what you mean.
I first heard them when I was 13 but didn't join this until May. I suppose I was worried people would look down on me because I was younger, but it's not like that at all. Trust me. :]
[/spam]
Just Steph...
Motor Baby
Just Steph...
December 14th, 2007 at 05:26pm
There isn't much i can say without repeating everyone else really
But they're there to remind me that i'm not in this alone because no matter how messed up i am, there are 5 others out there who are just as messed up as i am and have gotten through it and are living with it. they taught me to stand up fucking tall and don't let them see my back or let them take me alive. they havn't forgotten where they came from, what they have been through, or what they stand for, and 3 albums later they still care about their fans. they are truely THEE most inspirational band to ever exist on this planet. They always stand by us, and I'll always stand by them
Fading Sanity
Bleeding on the Floor
Fading Sanity
December 14th, 2007 at 06:18pm
Gah, my friend asks me all the time "why are they so amazing?" cause she's never heard any of there songs (she only listens to 60's and 70's music) An everytime I just say "they're just amazing..." Because there really aren't many ways to explain them.

They have amazing songs with true meaning. You can hear the emotion even in the instruments.
They write about things they've gone through and wrap it in a twisted shell of beautiful lyrics that make you melt.
The boys themselves are inspiring and actually teach you things "be yourself" "don't take anyone's shit" They make you want to do something big like end world hunger! Something that will impact the world like they do.
They make you want to embrace your oddness, to want to be the outcast unafraid. To be who you are and nothing more.
They are so creative. They don't name all of their songs off of a repeated lyric in the song, like "famous last words" or "Headfirst for halos" and a lot more.
Their love songs aren't cheesy. Demolition Lovers is beautiful.

I could go on, but it's probably already been said.
They're just amazing. End of story.
gazelles.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
gazelles.
December 14th, 2007 at 06:47pm
I could never be able to do them justice using words, because language is so painfully limited when it comes to describing things like this. It's like, when describing Famous Last Words, it's one of those things where you just have to hit play for someone and hope they understand you by the end. But anyways.

They really, truly care. About their fans, about each other, about the world.
"So, why should the world give a damn about My Chemical Romance?"
"Because we give a damn about it."

They're not afraid to show their weakness, to tell us the shit they've had to go through. Knowing that they went through all that and made it out alive gives kids hope. Because if they can do it, so can you.
The songs they write all have a meaning. Some are obvious, like Famoust Last Words, and some are subtle. But they're all so purely honest, and it's just so moving to hear that kind of honesty and emotion. These guys put everything into their music - there aren't a lot of bands left who do that.
They have a message, an amazing one. Everyday they deal with all the bullshit that comes with being in My Chemical Romance, but they never stop being themselves. They remind us that it's okay to be fucked up, because they are too. Most of all, they tell us that life is worth living, and to live your life to the fullest.

I could go on, but I'd just be repeating what other people have said.
baby ruthless
Salute You in Your Grave
baby ruthless
December 14th, 2007 at 09:14pm
drunken elevator.:
^^ Honey, it doesn't matter how old you are, lol :]
I know what you mean.
I first heard them when I was 13 but didn't join this until May. I suppose I was worried people would look down on me because I was younger, but it's not like that at all. Trust me. :]
[/spam]

aww thanks
yeah
i'm kinda looked down on for my age...
MyChemislife994
Killjoy
MyChemislife994
December 14th, 2007 at 09:38pm
MCR is everything to me. i love them soooo much! they saved my life, and not only that but they saved my friends lives. i also love their music, not just for the sound, but it just means a lot to me. i can't really explain it. does anyone get what i mean?
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
December 15th, 2007 at 07:26am
Because they were the band that turned my life the other way. ^_^ They influenced me then any other band, so that is why its special!
annaaloves
Bleeding on the Floor
annaaloves
December 15th, 2007 at 12:47pm
Where shall i start?erm.... well for a start, i feel as though i can relate to them, to the boys and the music.They have taken away the insecurities i have had inside me for years.They helped me accept myself and not to care about what people think or say about me, in fact, i think its because of them people have stopped picking on me in school because they taught me how to stand up for myself and to stand tall. They help me think more positively and to see the beauty inside myself. I also love the fact that they actually appreciate their fans and that they don't bullshit with them, not alot of bands do that and the guys are so grounded, the past year they have become one of the biggest bands on the planet but they are still the same people, they haven't gotten big headed or anything and i really respect them for that. They are the only band that reduced me to tears when i saw them live, i can honestly said i haven't loved a band as much as i loved MCR, they mean so much too me.
Glitterlust
Salute You in Your Grave
Glitterlust
December 15th, 2007 at 01:21pm
I don't even know where to begin!
before i found them i had no real love of music. i never looked for new bands or listened to old 'classic' bands. music didn't interest me, most of the stuff in the charts at the time was crap.
Then i found MCR and that changed everything.
They changed the way i saw music and the way i appreciated it, they made me wan't to sit and listen to bands for hours and find new music and appreciate the beauty of music.
They gave me an opinion on music and they gave me the confidence to listen to what i want to listen to and be proud of it.
Even though they're from a completely different country and they're older than me, i can relate to them and their message.
I've always been shy and they've helped me to gain confidence in myself.
They always seem so genuine and polite and they haven't succumbed to the whole 'rockstar lifestyle' which i really admire.
They aren't afraid to admit their weaknesses and problems, which gives kids (and adults for that matter) who are going through similar stuff a lot of hope.
They keep their private lives mostly private, which i admire them for, especially as that can't be an easy task!
When i saw them in november, they played desert song, thats the only time i've been reduced to tears at a concert.
I met gerard the day before the concert and he was so polite to everyone, one day i'd like to meet the whole band to say thankyou and tell them how much they and their music mean to me
Miss Nimrod
Jazz Hands
Miss Nimrod
December 15th, 2007 at 02:27pm
SnowFallsOnDesertSky:
Gah, my friend asks me all the time "why are they so amazing?" cause she's never heard any of there songs (she only listens to 60's and 70's music) An everytime I just say "they're just amazing..." Because there really aren't many ways to explain them.

They have amazing songs with true meaning. You can hear the emotion even in the instruments.
They write about things they've gone through and wrap it in a twisted shell of beautiful lyrics that make you melt.
The boys themselves are inspiring and actually teach you things "be yourself" "don't take anyone's shit" They make you want to do something big like end world hunger! Something that will impact the world like they do.
They make you want to embrace your oddness, to want to be the outcast unafraid. To be who you are and nothing more.
They are so creative. They don't name all of their songs off of a repeated lyric in the song, like "famous last words" or "Headfirst for halos" and a lot more.
Their love songs aren't cheesy. Demolition Lovers is beautiful.

I could go on, but it's probably already been said.
They're just amazing. End of story.

I really like your explanation...thus its what I agree with.
MCR FTW!
xoxo
plastic bitch!
Banned
plastic bitch!
December 15th, 2007 at 03:24pm
ive never foudn another band that has a sound like them.one where i love every single song.theyre all amazing down to earth guys,and thats pretty rare in rock bands these days