Don't have an account? Create one!

Why is MCR so special to you?

AuthorMessage
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
December 15th, 2007 at 03:43pm
They've affected my life and how it is today in different ways. They've never saved my life. They probably never will. But they've gotten me into so much new music, have taught me to be more confident with everything I do.

I love this band with everything I have. They are the most important thing and the top people in my life. They've shown me it's all right to not be liked and popular and not to let people's shit talking let me down.

One of the most important things they've done is brought me to this site. This site is just... ugh. I love it. Everybody is so suppportive and some people know me better than my best friends know me. Without some of the people on this site, I don't know where I'd be right now. Lots of people have helped me through a lot of things. Without MCR, I wouldn't have the friends I have now. I wouldn't be talking to people I love and care for deeply every day. Without them, I wouldn't be happy, probably. I love this site, and I love the people whom I talk to every day.

And therefor, I thank MCR and what they do and what kind of fans they create.
ForevrTheSickestKids
Salute You in Your Grave
ForevrTheSickestKids
December 15th, 2007 at 03:56pm
They way there music makes me feel when I listen to it.
They actually care about there fans and not how much money they can make off of us.
I used to care what people thought of me and what I wore and what music I listened to. They taught me to be me.
The way they encourage people not to give up on living.
The way the fame doesn't change what they stand for.

I Love MCR more than anything or any band and it will always be that way.
neville longbottom.
Banned
neville longbottom.
December 15th, 2007 at 03:59pm
I love how each song is like a story and how you have to think about them before you truly understand what they mean and you can re-create them in your head like a movie. I think it's amazing.
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
December 15th, 2007 at 04:00pm
drunken elevator.:
there's no bullshit. they're completely genuine.
they care about their fans
they're so inspiring, they make me want to do something with my life.
their songs are incredible
they trigger emotions i didn't know existed
they infulence me in so many ways, i was a fuxking asshole before i found these guys.
the list goes on forever. i love them with all my heart.
Malicia
Salute You in Your Grave
Malicia
December 16th, 2007 at 12:03pm
It's just the feeling I get from their music, no other band or artist can make it. They're simply better than others.
liveyourlife89
Fabulous Killjoy
liveyourlife89
January 6th, 2008 at 06:44pm
They don't just write a million love songs.

Their music is honest and it speaks for itself.
They are creative.
They have this "ness" about their sound that makes you want more.
They go to extremes to play for their fans; will play despite illness, injury, or personal issues.
They remember where they've been and who they've touched, and they don't ever forget it.
FlatlineFlava
Fabulous Killjoy
FlatlineFlava
August 30th, 2011 at 06:59am
Lovesick Melody.:

They are true to themselves and actually care about fans.
A lot of bands don't have that love.
They make me want to live life. Not sit around and wait for something to happen.
They made me feel things I didn't know I could feel.
They love what they do.

They care about us.

I just can't explain it much simpler.
Everything about them is so different and special.

In Love

thats right. every time I hear them, my heart goes beating like Bob's hi-hat (and snare/ bass). Other bands can't make me feel that way... make me smile (or laugh) when I'm sad. yeah, I'm pretty much emotionally numb (I hide it by acting crazy, but now I really am, in a positive way, crazy) but when I hear them rock out, I go HAH I GOT MY EMOTIONS BACK.....haha. there's so much more. I actually made a 3-page document about it..... so its too much to post here

but most of all, I love them cuz I love them. end of that.
Crashqueen16
Killjoy
Crashqueen16
September 24th, 2011 at 12:52am
They're one of a kind Smile

I first heard "I'm Not Okay" in 5th grade and I've been hooked ever since.
They make me feel like I have a purpose in this world. I don't feel so bad about who I am anymore. These guys taught me that its okay to be myself. They basically "raised" me lol. I'll love them until the day my existence is gone.
KillJoy96
Killjoy
KillJoy96
September 25th, 2011 at 05:49pm
i honestly cant describe them. but they're real, they're not fake like other singers, they have no problem saying whats on their mind and they're not afraid to be different.
CinemaSpeaks
Bleeding on the Floor
CinemaSpeaks
September 30th, 2011 at 02:56pm
No other band make me feel the same way they do. They just fill me up and i don't feel the same connection with any other band.
I Must Be Dreaming.
Awake and Unafraid
I Must Be Dreaming.
December 8th, 2011 at 07:56pm
There's so much I could say as to why they're so special to me, but to sum it up they make me feel like I'm not alone and that it's okay to be me. Their music always puts me in a good mood every time I listen to them. It's like they actually understand and care. I'm a fan of a lot of bands, but My Chemical Romance has simply got to be my favorite.
headfirst for halos.
Killjoy
headfirst for halos.
December 18th, 2011 at 12:04am
I can't possibly begin to explain why they're so special to me. I absolutely love them so much because they've helped me, and are still helping me, through a lot and have been the only people that I can rely on and trust. not my family, not my friends - just this one band. their lyrics have more meaning to me than any other band and I know that they truly love their fans and making music, which is hard to say for most bands and singers now.
cricket.
Patron Saint of Switchblade Fights
cricket.
December 24th, 2011 at 04:02pm

They were the fist band I was ever into.
And by into, I mean I went to all their shows, fangirled (responsibly) whenever I saw them on TV, or in a magazine, spazzed over a new album, etc...
I've moved on a bit, but they will always have a special place in my misshapen little heart. (: Smiley
sherlock!
Crash Queen
sherlock!
December 28th, 2011 at 11:36pm
a few years ago, i really could swear my life was about them. everything they sang about just really touched a part of my life i didn't really want to express to others. it was kind of like an escape, a getaway in their music that just really made me love them.

like leila said, i've moved on a little, but of course i still listen to them. I'll probably never forget their music, nor the impact they had on my life. even though they're probably not my favorite band anymore, i still love them deeply.
SweetRevenge1992
Salute You in Your Grave
SweetRevenge1992
December 29th, 2011 at 02:41am
Gerard Way's story is very relatable to me in certain aspects, and he's been my idol since I was twelve (I'm turning twenty in July). They're music has helped me through plenty of difficult times in my life since I was twelve.
DrinkCoffee..Destroy
Fabulous Killjoy
DrinkCoffee..Destroy
January 3rd, 2012 at 11:57am
MCR is so different and special because it's not what they're about, it's who they are. Take Gerard for example. MCR is a small part of who he is. Some bands are "cool" and are around for a few months and drop. MCR is more than that and they've never been based on "coolness."
MCR is real and they always have been. MCR in my opinion, is the best rock band. Clap
angelofthemissed
Fabulous Killjoy
angelofthemissed
June 4th, 2012 at 04:49pm
They are not afraid to say or do what they feel needs to be done. They do not care about what people think about them or their music.