Don't have an account? Create one!

01/31/2008 - Jakarta, Indonesia - Plenary Hall.

AuthorMessage
Gerard Way.
In the Cannibal Glow
Gerard Way.
February 4th, 2008 at 01:28pm
i was one of their local roadie (got in after i begged my friend to put me on the list) and did you guys know that one day before the show the fans were already waiting at the hotel and there was a little chaos going on at the hotel lobby? Their bodyguards got really mad with the fans and unfortunately one of their crew member said "get the groupies out of here!"

I cant believe that they called the fans "groupies". I was really shocked when the crew member said that word. I mean, hey, MCR doesnt have groupies! :Evil or Very Mad
facobasten1984
Killjoy
facobasten1984
February 6th, 2008 at 01:26pm
um...btw...how do they know which hotel these guys stay ?
and what do you do as a local roadie?
wow this is new!
Gerard Way.
In the Cannibal Glow
Gerard Way.
February 7th, 2008 at 12:41am
They stayed in Hotel Mulia Senayan and I think the fans knew it because the hotel was one of the concert sponsors (plus, all artists brought by Java stayed in Mulia anyway- but dont tell anyone i told you that! hehe!) Tehe

Actually i don't do much, my job is to make sure they get everything they requested for, and to make sure the stage area is 'sterile' i.e free from photographers, fans, etc. And we have to pick up their people (i.e managers, promoters from other country, and the band's guests) from the hotel to the venue on show day too. Smile
facobasten1984
Killjoy
facobasten1984
February 7th, 2008 at 11:09am
oh the hotel mulia thingy sounds like a public secret! heheVery Happy
good job!