Don't have an account? Create one!

Those hidden meanings

AuthorMessage
Gerards_Dirtty_Babe
Fabulous Killjoy
Gerards_Dirtty_Babe
December 30th, 2007 at 05:49am
Hey guys.
I have no idea if this has been done before but lets give it a go anyway.

This thread is on all those secret messages that my chem are getting out there.
The reasons why they affect us but the outside world have no idea about (if that makes any sence).

For example. Gerard is asked in an interveiw what this song means and he explains it but not really, he never explains what they really mean because the songs have all kinds of meanings. He explains one of the meanings but only the most simplest one not the one that changed the way we look at ourselves and everything around us. Not the meanings that make you a my chemical romance fan.

Ok im starting to see this might be a bit difficult.

Another example. I have this peice of merch. Its a black t-shirt with black roses on it and a red ribbon that ties around the roses as the picture. Its original merchandise, most probably designed by gerard. But what does it mean?
Black roses with a red ribbon tied around them?...
It has a message and here is where we can come togther to figure it out or tell others what we think.

One more thing that i think we should cover is the TBP artwork. And dont go telling me you dont know what art i am talking about.
Its simple. We have the patient, fear, regret, the wolves, mother war, and others.
There is more to that picture than we think.
What other characters or objects have you found secret messages in?

Please join in and have fun.
I shouldn't have to make any rules.

xx.sass Bye
Toronado
Bleeding on the Floor
Toronado
December 30th, 2007 at 08:02pm
"I thank God every day for bringing us Bob." ACTUALLY MEANS: "I am wildly, passionately in love with Bob, and nothing will tear us apart." xD
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
December 30th, 2007 at 08:31pm
lmfao

i always thought house of wolves had something to do with their love for horror movies.

ya know? wolves...halloween...horror movies...
Gerards_Dirtty_Babe
Fabulous Killjoy
Gerards_Dirtty_Babe
January 1st, 2008 at 05:18am
Andy Wainwright:
"I thank God every day for bringing us Bob." ACTUALLY MEANS: "I am wildly, passionately in love with Bob, and nothing will tear us apart." xD

Haha. possibly.... Wink
The Original Bob.
Demolition Lover
The Original Bob.
January 1st, 2008 at 03:49pm
in the Special Ed of TBP Gerard said that he always pictured the devil as 2 wolves... so that;s what House of Wolves is about... Hell.
Gerards_Dirtty_Babe
Fabulous Killjoy
Gerards_Dirtty_Babe
January 3rd, 2008 at 02:31am
Ok so this hasnt really gotton as far as hoped just yet.
Lets start of with just convering that tee i have.
Im very sure there are more of you out there with it so go and have a look at it.
Is there a hidden message in it?
Tell me what you think...
xx.sass
Heaven-Help-Me
Bleeding on the Floor
Heaven-Help-Me
January 3rd, 2008 at 05:41pm
Well, idk if this is the actual meaning, but to me, its the reverse of The Phantom of the Opera. The Phantom left the main female character red roses with a black ribbon bow. OR black could mean death, yet roses are usually a symbol of love. OR! Black roses, I heard once, were a symbol for heartbreak and wanting you to die. Those are my theories
Gerards_Dirtty_Babe
Fabulous Killjoy
Gerards_Dirtty_Babe
January 3rd, 2008 at 08:22pm
I like it.
My friend told me the other day that the red from the roses could have been a symbol for love but they have faded to black and now on the ribbon that ties them together is the only thing representing there love.
It was a bit of a bleak explination but i told her i would post it and see what you guys thought.
Are there any other peices of merch that you might want to discuss?
xx.sass
Heaven-Help-Me
Bleeding on the Floor
Heaven-Help-Me
January 3rd, 2008 at 08:50pm
well I saw a tshirt with the fluer-de-lis and a skull on it on the MCR store site. What could that mean?
Pixie-Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Pixie-Gates
January 4th, 2008 at 03:49pm
MCRQueenie:
OR! Black roses, I heard once, were a symbol for heartbreak and wanting you to die. Those are my theories

Fudge, I hope not. I had a black rose given to Gerard recently. Shocked
Smooth Criminal
Bleeding on the Floor
Smooth Criminal
January 4th, 2008 at 05:17pm
you could probably figure out subliminal messages by playing the songs backwards. I did this with a Linkin Park song and it sound like he was saying "go brush your teeth" lol
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
January 4th, 2008 at 05:30pm
Black roses do not necessarily mean death. While the Language Of Flowers (which any florist should know, I was a florist in college) does not specifically state it, a black rose (or any other black flower, although roses are most common) is used in literature to symbolize death, hatred, farewell, rejuvenation, or rebirth. They are often given to someone who was not expected to return from a journey, or as a symbol of intense love as they do not occur naturally, and must be made.
Gerards_Dirtty_Babe
Fabulous Killjoy
Gerards_Dirtty_Babe
January 4th, 2008 at 07:41pm
Wicked. i had no idea there was hidden messages behind black roses aswell. lol
keep it up guys. i cant thank you enough when you reply to my threads.
xx.sass
Gerards_Dirtty_Babe
Fabulous Killjoy
Gerards_Dirtty_Babe
January 4th, 2008 at 07:43pm
MCRQueenie:
well I saw a tshirt with the fluer-de-lis and a skull on it on the MCR store site. What could that mean?

Hmm i dont think i know that tee. If i did i would help you for sure.
Mayeb we could try adding links of pics of the tee if possible.
Does anyone else have an idea?
xx.sass
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
January 5th, 2008 at 04:37pm
^^ I got that tee for my birthday last year. I remember somewhere in the book that came with the Sp. Ed. TBP that Gerard has some kind of obsession with Joan of Arc (who doesn't, really, she's *fascinating*) and I attributed the fleur-de-lis with that, as it is traditionally the symbol associated with French royalty/armies of the day. I may be reading *waaay* too much into it, but that's what I thought. (BTW, Ms. Of Arc, as she is referred to in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, is also to be found in the artwork for TBP.)
Liek teh lulz!
Salute You in Your Grave
Liek teh lulz!
January 5th, 2008 at 10:59pm
Gerards_Dirtty_Babe:
Ok so this hasnt really gotton as far as hoped just yet.
Lets start of with just convering that tee i have.
Im very sure there are more of you out there with it so go and have a look at it.
Is there a hidden message in it?
Tell me what you think...
xx.sass

Can you take a picture of it and post it here? So I can take a keen look to it.
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
January 6th, 2008 at 02:16am
This is my kinda thread hell yeah!

Just to throw one out there, I think that there's so many vampires in MCR because Gerard can sympathize with them. They crave blood like how he craves alcohol, so he uses them as a metaphor. I think that's also why they were mentioned in The Sharpest Lives.

I have more fucked up ones though but I'll keep them to myself.
Gerards_Dirtty_Babe
Fabulous Killjoy
Gerards_Dirtty_Babe
January 6th, 2008 at 06:44am
Yay! i love all your replys and i hope that it might even be able to help if people need to know for some random reason. Haha. im just happy that i made a worth while thread.
And in terms of uploading a picture of the t-shirt i have there are a few problems.
I have no way to convert pics from my camera at the moment and my webcam is being hopeless. So if anyone out there know the t-shirt with the black roses and red ribbon id really love it if you could help me get a picture to help move it along. I have also looked for one else where but no luck.
I really hope someone can help.
xx.sass
neville longbottom.
Banned
neville longbottom.
January 6th, 2008 at 07:53am
Mikey is the only band member with a badge in The Black Parade. Kinda like the ones soldiers get for bravery, and he did die in GOY...
The Joker
Salute You in Your Grave
The Joker
January 6th, 2008 at 03:35pm
writerGrrl:
This is my kinda thread hell yeah!

Just to throw one out there, I think that there's so many vampires in MCR because Gerard can sympathize with them. They crave blood like how he craves alcohol, so he uses them as a metaphor. I think that's also why they were mentioned in The Sharpest Lives.

I have more fucked up ones though but I'll keep them to myself.

the vampires were only a metaphor XD
they are meant to represent the type of people who crave fame and sort of live off your fame (whereas vampires crave blood and live off other peoples blood) Like the people who hang around celebrities using their glory to be famous. Gerard said that in an interview and some point because mcr were accused of being a "vampire obsessed band".