Don't have an account? Create one!

Band Q&A

AuthorMessage
Finnick Odair
In the Cannibal Glow
Finnick Odair
December 18th, 2010 at 08:46pm
I don't think so. The tune isn't the same and they seemed to be about completely different things. Gerard said in an interview that Mikey had been carrying that riff around in his head for years and they'd never used it in a song.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
December 18th, 2010 at 08:51pm
Slave Screams:
I know, but a few of the lyrics are the same.

Summertime: When the lights go out...
Stay: The light's already low enough to play...

Summertime: If you stay I would even wait all night...
Stay: Would you stay right here if I told you...
I'll give you similar at most. Not the same... they said a list of songs from the original cd that got turned into songs on the DD and Stay wasn't one of them.
thoseswellnachos
Killjoy
thoseswellnachos
December 22nd, 2010 at 01:16pm
I heard somewhere recently that Gerard Way was a big fan of a British comedian, yet I've forgetten who it was. Does anyone know who it was?
NJxMCRMY
Killjoy
NJxMCRMY
December 25th, 2010 at 03:54pm
I have no idea. Does anyone know why MCR wrote Vampire Money. It really doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the album....
littlejeka
Generation Nothing
littlejeka
December 25th, 2010 at 04:00pm
they asked MCR to write a song for Twilight, but they refused.
they said that they wanted a song about how everyone was after some
of that vampire money. they wanted to write a song about that instead.

In an interview with Spin magazine, Gerard Way said that his interest is not in the
money vampires. "A lot of people go after
money vampires." Says the singer. "And people still thought we would do the same. I know
that Paramore was involved in that and they are legal. But we're not
all like them."
lennyK
Fabulous Killjoy
lennyK
January 9th, 2011 at 07:26pm
Guys, what happend to Bob? Is he okay? Sad
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
January 9th, 2011 at 07:29pm
lennyK:
Guys, what happend to Bob? Is he okay? Sad

Bob left the band in February last year, and it was announced a month later. In SPIN, the boys said that it was basically just creative differences.
ImafuckinKilljoy
Banned
ImafuckinKilljoy
January 10th, 2011 at 12:31pm
I heard that they are making a video of S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W. Does anyone know if this is true??
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
January 10th, 2011 at 01:29pm
ImafuckinKilljoy:
I heard that they are making a video of S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W. Does anyone know if this is true??
Only a rumor.
MCR!
Motor Baby
MCR!
January 17th, 2011 at 03:28pm
Does anyone know where this is from? Image
The Lunacy Phringe
Bleeding on the Floor
The Lunacy Phringe
January 18th, 2011 at 08:24pm
Does anyone know what kind of rig Mikey is using?
Has it ever been mentioned?

I know he uses Fender Precision, Fender Highway One and Fender Jaguar basses, through Marshall amps and I'd assume Marshall cabinets as well.
He's playing clean on all of Bullets and Revenge. He's got a bit of effects going on on TBP but I could easily recreate those with my current equipment..

But anyway, on Danger Days, what he's using sounds like a Boss Synth Wah pedal, and, possibly but unlikely, an Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi.

Can anyone confirm any of that?
malpal
Killjoy
malpal
January 25th, 2011 at 11:50am
Does anyone know when the deluxe MCR danger days pack is coming out? Also i cant find anything about it online, about how much is it?
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
January 25th, 2011 at 01:23pm
malpal:
Does anyone know when the deluxe MCR danger days pack is coming out? Also i cant find anything about it online, about how much is it?
It was available for preorder and they took it down because they had an issue with part of the pack and probably didn't want to keep getting orders for something they may not have been able to continue producing... it might go back up when everything gets fixed but right now it's down. They said the rest of the parts not sent out originally will be shipped around mid February so it might go up a bit after that

it was around $80 with s&h.
Finnick Odair
In the Cannibal Glow
Finnick Odair
February 13th, 2011 at 10:10am
I remember seeing some news item recently about two shows or podcasts being broadcast on radio or online (I think XFM?) this week, but I can't remember where I saw that now or what they said. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
February 13th, 2011 at 11:46am
^ It's here.

MCR’s XFM session will be broadcast at 9PM GMT on Monday Feb. 14th & Radio 1 Live Lounge will be broadcast around 11AM GMT on March 11th!
Finnick Odair
In the Cannibal Glow
Finnick Odair
February 13th, 2011 at 04:39pm
^ Thank you! Very Happy <3
BornToQuit
Joining The Black Parade
BornToQuit
February 25th, 2011 at 03:03pm
There's this reasonably new Gerard Wayy account on facebook and a Mikey one. I'm assuming its fake and most likely done by the same person.

Basically, I havent the guts to tell my friend I really doubt it would be them,
Right now she pretty much cried from happiness when 'Gerard' replied to a comment after friending her.

I need some conrete proof that it is or isn't him before she gets really hurt, please...

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000734144874 this is the account. I know this has probably been asked many times. Thanks in advance guys.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
February 25th, 2011 at 03:13pm
Hmm, I'm pretty sure it's fake. The posts made on the wall don't sound like anything he would say.

I mean, he doesn't have enough time to go on Twitter, so I doubt he'd have enough time for Facebook.
BornToQuit
Joining The Black Parade
BornToQuit
February 25th, 2011 at 03:40pm
Yeah this is what I thought. Thanks.
I don't know how to even start to tell her I even think it coudl be fake. She means the world to me and anything that could hurt her hurts me double.

The interactions between him and Mikey seems pretty .... weird and personal. I mean they even had a 'bitch-fight' where they insulted each other openly, a bad one too. I'll try to tell her nicely... Pretend I just relise something odd about it or something. And they both have this weird Mars Killjoy added, who they've had since they first set up, they have them as a sister or something as well as some 30stm accounts that look like they could be fake. possibly...

Anyway, thanks.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
February 25th, 2011 at 05:55pm
ImGonnaEatYa:
There's this reasonably new Gerard Wayy account on facebook and a Mikey one. I'm assuming its fake and most likely done by the same person.

Basically, I havent the guts to tell my friend I really doubt it would be them,
Right now she pretty much cried from happiness when 'Gerard' replied to a comment after friending her.

I need some conrete proof that it is or isn't him before she gets really hurt, please...

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000734144874 this is the account. I know this has probably been asked many times. Thanks in advance guys.
Ok I can give you reasons why it's fake...

1. The pictures. All photoshoot pictures, and the default is Gerard himself. They probably wouldn't do that if it was a personal facebook.

2. Sports:

Talking With My Fellow Killjoys Smilewith Neon DemonTagged by Neon Demon
#
Goin around shotin dracs in the zones!with Katy FrankIero Fitzgerald

Gerard doesn't talk like that, nor does he probably friend obvious fans

3. "His" statuses are ridic.

- Wow I was just told to go die in a shallow hole and got called a douche bag. Gotta love the fans...

He probably wouldn't post that online somewhere.

- I'm sorry for my behavior guys... Violence with my brother isn't the answer.

Nor would he fight on facebook with his brother.

all in all the statuses are fake as hell, and I'm reporting them as impersonation because they're obviously trying to make people believe it really is Gerard Way...

You need to tell her straight up it's fake and that the person faking it is really low to try it.

Edit:// and if you go through "Frank" and "Mikey" they're even noticeably faker, esp Frank

Frank Iero, pick dog shit up all day long and change the occasional diaper, but at night, i rock-n-roll all night. If U dont believe me, dont add me, i dont want to hear you complain and whine and ask if its the real me
Badly paraphrased from his twitter and frank doesn't talk like that.