Always Born a Crime
Skippy.
January 26th, 2009 at 01:12am
HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!
kayles
Bleeding on the Floor
kayles
January 28th, 2009 at 12:40am
quick question, is anyone going to JMC Academy this year or knows anyone who went/goes?
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
January 28th, 2009 at 02:36am
It got to 45.9 degrees here today.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
January 28th, 2009 at 04:11am
Only 43 degrees in this part of Melbourne. Ooh, how lucky.

Also, I would have appreciated it if someone told me that there was a half naked man in my kitchen before I walked out in boxers and a tee with no bra on. Neutral Ugh.
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
January 28th, 2009 at 04:23am
Why... was there a half naked man in your kitchen...??
Meagan.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Meagan.
January 28th, 2009 at 05:56am
kayles:
quick question, is anyone going to JMC Academy this year or knows anyone who went/goes?

I know someone who goes
Pansy.
Always Born a Crime
Pansy.
January 28th, 2009 at 06:52am
this weather is ridiculous.
it's actual scary.
like, with the ozone layer and shit.
that sounds so dumb 'ozone layer and shit'
haha
happy belated aus day guys.
how do y'all celebrate aus day? (:
me, it was a bbq at my friends house with his 'rents, went down to the beach where everyone was, everryyyone was drunk it's crazy.
like ten year old skanks, drunk as, probably going to get taken advantage of by the oh-so many drunken dudes hanging around.
gah, gross. -_-
the day before school too >_<
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
January 28th, 2009 at 07:42am
There was a half naked man in my kitchen cause someone bought a friend over and didn't tell me and I'm like whoa. Then I hid in my room.

You want to know what scares me about this weather? What scares me is the bushfires on the Peninsula because of the weather and how everyones like "Yay, no home were lost, it's okay." How about the homes of the wildlife? The possums and birds and koalas who burnt slowly to death while the bush around them was torn apart by flames? Giant roaring fireballs destroying the bush. Not one fucking news station gives a shit enough to mention that now, do they? And people think we're a nation that's proactive in caring for our wildlife? HA.
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
January 28th, 2009 at 08:00am
=( I actually never even thought about that.

For Australia Day, I went to Simon's, he had the crew from NYE over (quick recap: it was a terrible NYE, they were all like *in jokes* *parties they've all been to* etc) but it was so much better than NYE, partly because the girl who doesn't like me (Simon's best friend, actually...) had to leave early... and so then the only other girl was one of the guys' girlfriend... and she and I got on really well, because she wasn't really IN the group (they've been dating for almost 2 years...) so totally got what I'm going through. So yay. We played guitar hero, and swam, and had a bbq, and just generally messed around. It was quite fun. Sad that I couldn't go to my other Aus Day/ Hottest 100 parties... but oh well...

Speaking of, no surprises that Sex on Fire got number one, and Electric Feel number two. Tbqh though, I didn't think much of the 100 this year. It was very dancey. Or something. I dunno.
kayles
Bleeding on the Floor
kayles
January 28th, 2009 at 03:55pm
Meagan.:

I know someone who goes

sweet as but i forget the reason for my question sadly
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
January 28th, 2009 at 06:11pm
This made me want to hit the journo really hard. Don't like it? STAY HOME. You have shit weather, anyway.

Ahem.

Far too hot to be alive. I hate everyone who has air con. And a pool.

[EDIT] This is the funniest thing I have ever read. And I haven't even seen Twilight.
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
January 28th, 2009 at 08:29pm
LMFAO. That Twilight thing was HILARIOUS. I haven't read or seen it, but LOL.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
January 30th, 2009 at 11:42pm

Hi guys, I'm back! Ahahaa, it feels like forever since I've been on here!

Lmfao, this is a bit late but there seems to be Australia Day talk on this page, but there were riots on Australia Day where I was. It was pretty hilarious tbh.
I don't even know what started it, but it was funny in a thank-god-I'm-only-watching-this-and-not-actually-involved kind of way xD
But then a guy drowned at one of the beaches there, which put a bit of a dampner on things. There were people on the news being all ~this is a reminder to stay between the flags~, but from Australia Day on, the beaches weren't actually being patrolled, so there were no flags. Idiots. And the beach where it happened is never actually patrolled, so it was all a bit stupid really.

asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
January 31st, 2009 at 12:31am

Sorry about the double post, but I'm overdue for a cricket rant lmao.

1) Thank God Hayden retired. It's a bit sad because of the whole end-of-an-era thing, but at least he beat the selectors to it lol.
2) Symonds is turning into a complete wanker. He's consistently doing the wrong thing and getting a slap on the wrist, and it's really starting to irk me tbh.
I don't see how signing McCullum to the Blues for the Twenty20's is such a big deal. One of the rules for the domestic comp is that the teams can have one overseas player, and I know WA had Umar Gul from Pakistan, and I think SA had somebody from somewhere (lol, so specific) as well. McCullum's practically an Aussie anyway. And he's awesome. Not a "lump of shit"
3) McCullum should play for the Blues all the time because I love him.
4) The new intro with Lucius from Cog is awesome, though it got my hopes up that the entertainment in the innings break would be Cog, when it was actually Jessica Mauboy. Talk about a let down.
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
January 31st, 2009 at 06:12am
asha, are you near burleigh heads?
is that the riots your talking about?
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
January 31st, 2009 at 06:19am

Nope, I was in South West Rocks lol.
Apparently there were lotssss of riots on Australia Day, which kind of sucks ):
My brother's car ended up with a broken mirror + the antenna broken off "/
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
February 1st, 2009 at 05:28am
LOL, Asha, I totally laughed my arse off an what Symmonds said. I found it hilarious, but that's because I hate the Kiwis (on a sporting/rivalry level only, I should add).

The fact that they totally DEMOLISHED us in the first over today doesn't really help that. My God, where did our team go?

Also, good to have you back, Asha.
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
February 1st, 2009 at 09:25am
god i hate the aussie cricket team, they are all wankers hahaha

i love it when they get beaten, im like in yo face you pompous asses.
haha

but anyways.

its kindof annoying when on the news they are all 'its hot coz of climate chnage blah de blah' it really gets my goat (uhh dont know where i got that) because the planet goes in cyclesssss it was gonna get hotter anyway, (i guess we are just making it a little faster) then it gets colder than it gets hotter. how else do you explain the ice age and 53 degree (highest on record ever) day over 100 years ago. they werent talking about climate change over a hundred years ago. 53 DEGREES!

haha but anyways
i hate journos.
especially fake ones like a current affair or today tonight.

peace.xx
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
February 1st, 2009 at 07:05pm
Saying the climate goes in cycles is the biggest scape goat there is going.

The average temperature has increased significantly in the last 100 years, an increase that cannot be explained by natural causes alone. Human activity is the ONLY explanation that fits, so say the greatest scientific minds of our day, people who have spent lifetimes researching this and know what they are talking about. But you don't have to be a rocket scientist to infer that we can't abuse the Earth like we do and not do any damage.

And it's having real consequences. In the tropics, such small shifts in the average temperature have the potential to wipe out entire populations of species. More near the equator, there is the least variation in temperature and species are not adapted to cope with warmer temperatures. A rise of a few degrees will wipe out our largest centres of biodiversity.

In the alpine regions here it's wiping out species, too. We've already had one marsupial species go extinct just a few months ago. Our first in many years, and several more are on the brink of it. Global warming is reducing their habitat, I won't go into details of why, but a shift of just 1 degree will see us lose all our alpine marsupials.

In Antarctica, the animals are feeling it there, too. As the mainland ice melts at an unnatural rate, huge chunks of ice break off and stop the water flow into the mainland. This means that the winter ice there doesn't break up. The weddell seal, for example, has to chew through much thicker ice to obtain a breathing hole, which wears down it's teeth to the point it cannot even eat any more and dies a slow death of starvation.

Then there is the cane toad, our largest threat to our native species. So far, in the southern parts of Australia we don't have them. They can't survive under a temperature of 5 degrees. But as the temperature increases, they're able to move further and their breeding grounds are moving progressively south. We're seeing our native species die because of it.

It's real. And it's happening now. We're destroying the Earth and taking down it's inhabitants with us.

Anyone who tries to deny it doesn't know what they're talking about.
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
February 3rd, 2009 at 09:15pm
im not denying its happening, im just saying it was gonna happen anyway, we are just making it go a bit faster
Very Happy

and to your cane toad statement, i say:
KLILL ALL CANE TOADS. MAKE THEM EXTINCT.
BE MERCILESS

haha but anyways.
stupid gyms trying to make me join them. i dont want to spend 600 bucks for something i doubt i will do.