Don't have an account? Create one!

What are you thinking?

AuthorMessage
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
February 3rd, 2009 at 11:11pm
That's the thing but, it may not have happened, and certainly wouldn't have happened like it has now. We go through cycles, but this is far beyond a cycle.

Of course, we've always had natural disasters so to go ZOMG CLIMATE CHANGE after every one is over zealous, but it's making a difference.

I'm actually in Zoology and conservation, so we've talked a LOT about cane toads and there is a lot of research going on in how to stop them. One of my lecturers was on the news as he's been studying them and has been able to create an accurate model as to their patterns of movement etc. But no one knows how to get rid of them. One thing we know is that people trying to kill the toads won't help.

My idea is to try to kill them like we killed the rabbits - biologically engineer a disease that attacks ONLY toads. We don't have any native toads, so it would be perfect. But finding a virus that doesn't kill frogs too is probably gonna be hard.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
February 3rd, 2009 at 11:24pm

I know pretty much nothing about climate change, so I don't really have an opinion on it tbh.
I did an assignment last year on climate change and the public sphere, and I agree that the media does get a bit over excited and blame everything on climate change,
but at the same time, I think that means the message about people having to change their habits is slowly getting through, much moreso than if climate change was only mentioned in the media every couple of months anyway.
Although with the amount of coverage, they are really running the risk of giving people issue fatigue "/

Anyway, onto something I actually do know about:
Mitchell Johnson should have gotten the Allan Border Medal D:<
Michael Clarke was my next pick for it, but seriously, Ricky Ponting? Whyyyyyyyyy?
Johnson was so much better D:<

It was pretty lol seeing all their wives/girlfriends get all dressed up and pretend to be fashionable though xD
So many of them failed. Even Lara Bingle failed, and she has absolutely no excuse because she has a stylist ahaha.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
February 4th, 2009 at 12:19am
ZOMG how shocked was Ricky? If you didn't know him, you'd probably think he was being stuck up or something, but he was so out of it. He even forgot to kiss Rianna lol. He doubled back when he saw Pup kiss Lara and looked like he was all "Oh, I'm supposed to kiss my wife." I'm watching it going YOU'RE SO ADORABLE I WANT TO PINCH YOUR CHEEKS.

... I have some weird thing with thinking his cheeks are utterly pinchable.
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
February 4th, 2009 at 07:53am
So... who gets this whole $950 thing..? Does EVERYONE get it? Or do you have to be on youth allowance or similar? Because I really have no idea xD
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
February 4th, 2009 at 06:38pm
I think you have to be earning under $80000. So people on Youth Allowance qualify. Like me, yay! I still haven't touched the first grand I got. But it's kind of confusing.

Though, if the Liberals get their way today, none of us will be getting anything.
Dan.
Demolition Lover
Dan.
February 5th, 2009 at 06:08am
I kind of agree with the Liberals on this issue. You can't just keep throwing money at everyone hoping that it will help improve Australia's economy. We need long-term fixes, not short-term. Which does mean hard times for some for a while but everything will improve with time. But I do think that blocking it is a dumb idea. This is a country where populist politics reign supreme. I can hardly see how Malcolm Turnbull logically believes that his decision to block the Federal Government’s stimulus package will go down well with 95% of people within this country. People like money. People want money. If the Liberal party want to get back in power any time soon, they should let this just go through.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
February 5th, 2009 at 06:12pm
Honestly, I think either way we're screwed. It's just the state of the world at the moment. Unfortunately, when America fucks up, we all do, and this time it's a big one.

On a totally unrelated note, going to the cricket today. Yaaaaay. Very Happy Meantime, I shall look like a loon walking the the train station with green and gold hair. :/
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
February 5th, 2009 at 06:47pm

I don't believe in the government giving money to people to ~stimulate the economy~, because lets face it, people are just getting excited because it's more money for nothing.
It seems kind of stupid to just keep giving people what is essentially free money and hoping that it's going to make things better, because where are they going to draw the line? How many times are they going to give people money before they realise that it could be better spent elsewhere?
But I do agree with putting the money into infrastructure.

Yay! I was actually wondering whether or not you were going today, I remembered you saying you were going to one of the ODI's, but I couldn't remember if it was against SA or NZ.
Lmao, sounds like you're really getting into the spirit there xD

edit; LMFAO. I just saw this on my homepage.
I lol'd. Katich is hardcore ahahaha.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
February 5th, 2009 at 11:51pm
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
February 6th, 2009 at 08:22am
Ahaha, yep, I went. Very Happy I totally did get into the spirit. Green and gold in my hair, Aussie flag cape, aussie tee, aussie hat, giant inflatable aussie hand... I was decked out, baybee. B)

Was heaps fun. There were like 2 streakers haha. But WTF is with the cops confiscating CUPS? Holy shit, they are killing everything in cricket. No balls, no waving and now no rows of cups?

Sooo many people got thrown out today.

Also, in italics, it looks like it says "pants". I was trying to work out WTF hot pants had to do with anything. xD
hunzana
Awake and Unafraid
hunzana
February 9th, 2009 at 03:46am

15 days till Soundwave
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
March 5th, 2009 at 11:07pm
you know what?

i fucking love the song Down Under its so amazingly lame its good LMFAO
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
March 6th, 2009 at 01:57am
ME TOO.

We are talking about the Men At Work song, yeah?
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
March 6th, 2009 at 03:22am

That song is epic!
Lmao, it's like, the unofficial national anthem xD
Well, one of them anyway.
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
March 6th, 2009 at 06:45am
Men at Work hellz yes.

it makes you feel so Australian xD

you dont really think about it till like you're talking to americans or something and you say like "fuck he sculled that i'd be sick" or something and they're like "what?"

xD
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
March 9th, 2009 at 07:43pm
Ahaha. I know. But the thing is now, a lot of my slang has been rubbing off on in international friends, and they use it around their family/friends and they're like O.o?
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
March 10th, 2009 at 02:43am
lmfao ikr?! xD it was so funny getting Matt from From First to Last to say G'Day

he just WOULDN"T say it

until 15 minutes later he whispered it out and everyone went "YAY" xD omfg
Skippy.
Always Born a Crime
Skippy.
March 25th, 2009 at 04:26am
hello. i'm skippy. (:
i've been here a few times before, but i've never really stuck to this thread.
heck, i probably won't even stick to it this time, but i thought i'd drop by..
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
March 25th, 2009 at 08:24pm
I remember you. Razz
kayles
Bleeding on the Floor
kayles
March 25th, 2009 at 11:01pm
wheres hot damn in the city?