Don't have an account? Create one!

What are you thinking?

AuthorMessage
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
April 21st, 2009 at 11:18pm
I doubt Zeke will change. But it's comforting to know that the other band members don't agree with anything he says. It was funny, cause Pete said that Zeke's "often flying by the seat of his pants" live, to ignore him and just enjoy the music. xDDD

I haaaate having shitty lecturers. Ugh. I feel for you. It totally ruins the subject sometimes.

My degree is like the exact opposite. It ASSUM. Except for Ecology. No matter how hard I try I just don't get the marks I want. It's soo maths based and just shiet.

But Animal Behaviour is soo good. We basically talk about animals and what they do all day. xDD It's really fascinating. But not as easy as it sounds. There's this misconception that Animal Behaviour (as a field) is all about sitting around watching animals. But there is a lot of experimental design going on which is SO complex. Right now I'm working on the peer reviews - we had to write a report, then we anonymously review 3 other reports. This last one that I read is SO badly written. You'd have a field day with it, Sez, fellow grammar Nazi that you am.

Experimental Animal Behaviour is what I'm doing the swan project with. We've only got one obs left, then it's down to the data analysis and writing our scientific reports and planning the oral presentation. EEP.

Lastly is Minds and Madness, which is one of the most amazing subjects eveer (I'm doing History and Philosophy of Science subjects as well as Zoology subjects). We're basically looking at this history of madness and asylums. Some of this shit that we're hearing is so disturbing, yet so intriguing. For example, I just finished writing an essay on how they used to think that masturbation cause insanity (and untimely, horrific deaths) and some of the 'treatments' were insane. Like they did everything from drugs (opium, arsenic, belladonna), to complete castration. There were inventions of garments with inward facing spikes that sat around the genitalia (use your imagination). One of my favourites was the electric probe that was inserted up the eye of the penis - when a bloke got an erection during the night, ZAP. Hahaha. But it was as gruesome as full scale operations, cauterisation of genital nerve tissue, and even cliterodectomy. Crazy stuff!
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
April 23rd, 2009 at 05:29am
Haha, well do that then... just ignore what he says. Though that's probably a difficult thing to do really.

But that's fantastic that your course is going so well!!! =D ...except Ecology.

I love grammar. As you probably know =P hahaha. Ah it would be awesome.

That last subject sounds pretty cool though actually... disturbing... but cool.

I'm going to see In Fiction next Saturday, and it starts at 6.30... but I don't finish work until 8.30. So I'm not really sure quite WHAT to do. I think I'll email the Gov and ask what time In Fiction are playing. Good plan Sez!
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
April 23rd, 2009 at 10:55am
aah walked into the TAFE room today, fully naked lady on the table to sketch, I knew it was coming but I kind of shit myself lmfao
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
April 23rd, 2009 at 08:04pm
LMAO. I would, too.

^^ I got the peer reviews back on my paper today - it's annoying cause all they do is talk about how good it is. Ugh.

Yeay, that subject is often disturbing. But our history as humans is, especially when it comes to mental disease/treatments. Utterly fascinating, though.

Did I hear that In Fiction are splitting up?
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
April 24th, 2009 at 02:06am
it was like woaahh, at least she was like in her 20's and not some horrifically old scary lady the class before me apparently got Neutral hahahaha

Rhiannon i saw some documentary on tv awhile ago about lobotomies that was frightening how they'd go in through the eye and such Neutral they scanned some mans brain who had one and there were like two black patches in his brain.
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
April 24th, 2009 at 02:51am
^^ Yeahhhh you did =( probably a few pages back when I exclaimed it and Asha told me it was old news xD booo. Apparently this is their last Adelaide gig ever. Even though the one before this one (in December) was their last one ever. John Farnham much? Haha. Maybe not quite that bad.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
April 26th, 2009 at 08:17am
^^ Honestly, a lot of the shit I'm learning about makes lobotomies seem like a kind treatment. Here's a small example - I'll leave technical details out, but basically in the age of the autopsy, they sentenced criminals on death row to have their bodies used for science. When the demand for bodies exceeded the supply, people began to rob corpses from graves who'd been recently buried. To the point the rich classes would pay to have their bodies buried with a steel grate on top to stop their bodies from being taken. It got the the point that people began murdering others and taking their bodies to medical institutions to be used. It got so crazy that the British law of the time changed to allow use of unclaimed people in poor houses' bodies for medical research.

Don't even get me started on EST... if you've seen Changeling, you'll have gotten an impression of what it was like.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
May 11th, 2009 at 04:59am
Mammal and I are talking again. We're trying out the friendship first, then we'll see if we take things further from there.

xD
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
May 11th, 2009 at 10:52pm
Bahahaha. So what happened to make you start talking again? =P
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
May 12th, 2009 at 03:24am
WELL *takes a deep breath*

I was resigned to give Mammal a massive hiatus. Then they sent an email saying they'd be playing the old songs, including Dionysian. You know my favourite song which just happens to be the only song they've recorded that they haven't played in recent times? They haven't played it in so long that they forgot how to play it. YEAH, that one.

So I went and when we parked, Pete (the guitarist) saw me and (despite me trying to hide) called me over to chat. And then Zeke came over and it was like "AHHHHH."

But as for the NON-LETERAL talking to them again lol.... on Tuesday last week, being a MAPV gig, there was a talk from lawyer lady again. Last time I had serious issues with what she said and was rather vocal about it. I very much thought it was the wrong environment to be saying a lot of what she was saying. A friend took my complaints to the next MAPV meeting. Interestingly enough, this time she said, "I never feel this is the right environment for these kinds of things." Never? Last time she apparently had a very different view. Coincidence?

And then, even more surprisingly, Zeke echoed lawyer lady when he said that like her, he didn't think it was the right place to talk about it, but wanted to mention "cop watch". Zeke very much didn't care every other time he started the fuck the police chant. Remember the story aaaages ago [/sarcasm] about what I said to Pete and he said agreed and he'd pass it to Zeke?

So maybe I made a difference. Maybe it worked. Maybe it was a coincidence. Either way, he wasn't a total fool and I didn't walk away hating it.
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
May 13th, 2009 at 06:33am
Ooooh. What a large series of events. But at least you're talking again, and yay for the playing of the song =D

But what's a MAPV gig? / why was there a lawyer there? And what was she saying/ what'd she say last time? Much of what you wrote made little sense to me =P

But as you say, either way at least you didn't hate it =)

I'm thinking that I'm very happy that I didn't eat any cookies at work today (which I have been doign a lot of lately and IT IS TERRIBLE!), and also thinking (very seriously) about taking some time off next semester to work out what I actually wanna do with my life. Like, I'll work, and I'm actually probably going to do one Linguistics subject, but I haven't really been enjoying what I've been doing, and I'm not aiming for anything... so mmm. We shall see. I'm going to go and ask what I need to do if I want to drop back to part time.

Also, I might be able to get youth allowance =| crazy. Because I've worked at least 15 hours a week for two years since leaving school. So that's potentially exciting.

But I don't get the stimulous package. How do you even SPELL that stupid word? Stimulus. Stimulous. I DON'T KNOW.

ALSO (I seem to have a lot to write here, hey), I have two house-sitting opportunities! So that's pretty exciting. One is really convenient, close to work, close to uni (probably closer than where I live now), and one is really inconvenient and about 40 mins from work (I live about 15 mins away now), though only about two suburbs away from my best friend. Soooo we shall see about THAT. Depends on the dates that I'd need to house sit. But I'd quite like to.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
May 14th, 2009 at 05:20am
Haha. Yeah. I know that was vague. I wasn't sure how much I'd said before.

Okay, so MAPV = Musicians Against Police Violence. Great in theory, notsogreat when it sends the wrong message. It's all about stopping police violence and raising money for victims of etc.

1st MAPV gig, lawyer lady Megan Fitzgerald came to talk to us about our rights. Instead delivered this awful speech about corrupt cops. Said things about issues with sniffer dogs, saying "I'm sure you've all had problems with sniffer dogs at gigs." HELOO LADY, WE'RE NOT ALL DRUG ADDICTS. Ahem. Anyway, I thought the lack of contrasting it with the good police do would be sending the message that all police are bad, especially to a room of drunken yobbos who hang off Zeke's every word.

This time she got up to talk about our rights, and said how she thought it wasn't the best place to be talking about it so said that instead they had t-shirts with your rights printed on them for sale. And I'm like HELLO, that's what I said.

That's about as brief as I can make it lol.

I think you should send me the cookies instead haha. But yeah, time off can be really good sometimes. It worked wonders for me. But be careful that you don't fall into the trap of never going back. It's evil.

Stimulus. Just so you know. Lol. I got mine forever ago.

House sitting sounds fun! I've never done that before...
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
May 14th, 2009 at 10:00am
Ooooh okay. Yeah given what Zeke was going on about the last time you saw them definitely not the forum at which to talk about those sort of things, so GOOD WORK!! Yay for making a difference!

Our opening hours have decreased! About time really, we do hardly any business at night, it was killing our productivity, but odd because it means we must have got an exemption from Subway, because every store is required to be open a certain number of hours... and we're already below that I think. But now we're only open til 8 on week days! YAY! And 6 on Saturdays (instead of Cool which is annoying because there go two of my regular hours RIGHT THERE. But it's okay, I'll be able to get more hours next semester and all. AND we're opening an hour later now, which means that when I learn to open (which I inevitably will), it won't be so torturous as having to get to work at 6. Now openers need only get there at 7! WOO!

Yeah, I definitely want to finish uni, get a degree... I'm just not sure WHAT. I have a feeling that I'm going to keep going with Media, honestly, because I'm almost done with it... but I really need a break I think. But yeah, I reckon I'll just do the one subject.

I thought it was stimulus. It looks weird though hey.

I've never house sat before, but my two best friends both have and I stayed with one of them on several occasions (extensively!) and if I did the house near my best friend I'd just get her to come and live with me xD and now the same woman has another friend who lives near her (ie the inconvenient one) but STILL! So that's pretty exciting.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
May 17th, 2009 at 07:06am
Man, I had to be at Hungry Jacks at 6am to open. CUE BREAKFAST SHIFT FROM HELL. Never did that again.

Now you mention it, it's a heaps weird word.

Also, I must say how uber awesome TLE were on Friday. But like it's ever any different.
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
July 10th, 2009 at 09:28am
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Friday, July 10, 2009

Matches Hiatus
Dear, dear Matches fans,

We’ve spent 2009 soul searching, as a group and separately, starting new projects and having lives outside of our little white tour van. We’ve been lucky to have been 4 artists (well, 5, really) involved in a nearly decade-spanning group project, and have been even luckier to have you as an audience. However, our time to start new projects has come, and right now, The Matches has become something we prefer to look back upon proudly.

Not knowing if or when we might play together as The Matches again, we’ve decided to play a couple going-away shows in our home state of California in August. Sorry this could not be a world tour, for all of you who won't be able to make it. And for those of you who can, we want to make the shows a celebration of all of our years playing for you; including songs from our whole catalog, (yes, E. Von Dahl too!).

We extend our endless gratitude to all of you who have listened, seen us on tour, bought a CD or t-shirt, and inspired us with your energy and enthusiasm for our art. Matches fans have always been known as being uncommonly intense and dedicated. We thank you for supporting us over the past 8 years, and hope that you’ll continue to be fans of our future music and life endeavors.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :'(
sookeh.
Crash Queen
sookeh.
July 10th, 2009 at 06:43pm
i know. D: i'm crushed.
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
July 15th, 2009 at 08:53pm
Simon and I broke up last night. Over the phone. Which sucks, but he wanted it over with.

Post a camp I went on last week (plus a bit before) I realised that I want a Christian relationship, and a relationship that's pleasing to God, which mine and Simon's wasn't.

I feel... empty. I feel terrible for hurting him. I know it was the right thing to do, but it doesn't make it any easier.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
July 19th, 2009 at 10:44am
I haven't been around for yonks, but Sez I'm so sorry to hear that. It makes me really sad that it's over religious issues, but I can relate to a degree.
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
July 19th, 2009 at 11:34am
Yeah, it's not entirely over religious issues, the relationship actually wasn't really working before that, and we'd tried (well, I'd tried) to talk about stuff, and make it work, but it just wasn't. I mean it was fine to a degree, but just... not really. But everyone I've spoken to seems to think we had this perfect relationship... but we really did not!

Bahhh. This is horrid.
I had to drive past his road on my way home tonight. I cried. I miss him terribly.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
July 20th, 2009 at 06:40am
Again, I can relate. Everyone thinks Cam and I are in a perfect relationship, but we've been having issues (small ones) and there have been more tears recently than there should be. Sometimes it just gets too much. But other people don't need to see it/know it.

I know it means so little now, but time will make it better.