New Songs

AuthorMessage
Pick On Bobsleigh
Fabulous Killjoy
Pick On Bobsleigh
February 6th, 2008 at 09:47am
[quote="Dark Mousy."]
Toivoa.:
I don't get what is wrong with a romantic song.
Something incredible happened in his life. He doesn't feel as angry as he did when he wrote Bullets and Revenge. You can't stop the man from growing up and learning you know.
And who says this can't be a punk rock album because there is a soft song on it.
I LOVE romance.
Great new song guys! In Love

I can't agree more! MCR are forever changing and every one of their albums are distinct and different, a sign that their sound is constantly maturing and growing, just as they are. In my opinion, these new lyrics are awesome and uplifting and it's okay to occasionally focus on the blissfulness of being loved once in a while, instead of constantly dwelling on the dark and depressing past. So far, I think their two new songs about love are just amazing...I love the lines "someone out there loves you after all" and "can't we both be ugly?"

EDIT: I just want to add - if these songs make it on the new album and all the songs are gonna be this beautiful and heartbreaking, I will f*cking bawl my eyes out.
Amanda Young
Bleeding on the Floor
Amanda Young
February 6th, 2008 at 04:39pm
I think its a good thing that they go in a NEW direction because as good as it is having a another album like bullets or revenge I think another sound yet again would be awesome cause so far each album sounds different than the last, you don't want them to repeat themselves...and just cause this song is slow doesn't mean the rest of the album will too. I can't wait for the next album! these songs sound great Very Happy
smith
Shotgun Sinner
smith
March 1st, 2008 at 08:01am
I'm pretty sure Gerard once said that when they write they don't say things like, "Oh I think I'll write a pirate shanty today!" and the songs are just how they feel. I don't think anybody can be angry with them no matter how the album turns out.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
March 2nd, 2008 at 12:25am
Exactly. Yeah at first i must admit- I thought it was a touch strange for Gee. But the guy finnally found some love. I have no proublem with some love. Its proububly only for the best.

GOOD LUCK MCR !

I love you no matter what you write about, Even a pirate shanty ! Wink
emseeare
Joining The Black Parade
emseeare
March 2nd, 2008 at 01:21pm
well, i'm pretty sure that we're just hearing the rough draft of "the world is ugly." It kind of reminds me of when the "shut up and play" version of "disenchanted" was released. You guys know how "Shut Up and Play" just repeated the same thing over and over? Well here, he keeps repeating the same thing. I'm thinking that we've only gotten a teaser for a future masterpiece.
Smile

I'm so excited.
emseeare
Joining The Black Parade
emseeare
March 2nd, 2008 at 03:38pm
Okay, so my prediction was correct.... THIS VERSION is MUCH different. Still amazing though:

Roye
Killjoy
Roye
March 4th, 2008 at 02:26am
so beautiful song ~
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
March 4th, 2008 at 02:42am
The beat sounds similar to IDLY

A bit repetitive, but the insertion of piano is really nice. All in all, a sweet tune with Gerard's vocals in top form

I'm gonna check out the other new song (stay) & see which i like better ... Smile
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
March 4th, 2008 at 11:30am
Incredible.
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
March 4th, 2008 at 02:45pm
the world is ugly , but your beautiful to me .. i meen srelisuly mcr just write such beatiful lyrics . i renember seing this in someones siggy a wile back and i was like fuck thats good ..but i diddnt know what song that was.. its just beautiful ,thats all
lyrical lies.
Always Born a Crime
lyrical lies.
March 5th, 2008 at 05:26pm
can anyone rip that version up there? it's amazing.
zombie jamboree.
Salute You in Your Grave
zombie jamboree.
March 7th, 2008 at 04:26pm
Paradox:
I'm pretty sure Gerard once said that when they write they don't say things like, "Oh I think I'll write a pirate shanty today!" and the songs are just how they feel. I don't think anybody can be angry with them no matter how the album turns out.

That made me laugh so hard. Pirate shanty ahoy! I'd actually quite like to hear them do one. Drrrrink up me hearties, yo ho

I think they were just trying out ideas on the road and these two songs were the ones they decided to roll with to see reactions or just how they sound live. They might put these songs on the album, they might not. There's no point in people writing off a whole album on the basis of two songs that are probably not the finished products anyway.

Whatever direction this album goes in is the direction MCR themselves are going in. And I'm personally looking forward to seeing how they're growing as a band.
Layla Way
Killjoy
Layla Way
November 5th, 2008 at 10:20pm
Why don't they record a full version in the Studio, It's been a years :-<
playground eyes.
Awake and Unafraid
playground eyes.
November 6th, 2008 at 07:25am
I can't wait for the new album! Very Happy
I hope they put sister to sleep on it, cuz i love that song, even tho its kinda hard to hear .. i like stay too, and i dont mind the world is ugly, i will probably like it more when it's recorded tho..
xo.
MyChemicalBlack
Salute You in Your Grave
MyChemicalBlack
November 7th, 2008 at 09:45pm
lyrical lies.:
can anyone rip that version up there? it's amazing.

Here it is. Smiley

Mod edit.
demolitionloversmway
Thinking Happy Thoughts
demolitionloversmway
November 8th, 2008 at 11:32am
sister is sleep is actually probably one of my all time favorite mcr songs
i think the lyrics and just everything about it is brillant
i really hope they include in a bside of the cd in some way!
and with everyone saying about how some people dont like the whole recent love song spree
like others have said they write about how they feel and what they connect with and go through
im sure that with them all haveing their significant others and being IN LOVE its a very common emotion for them and they feel strongly about
and i think their both very beautiful songs :]
cant wait to hear the final product of them
Jenny.
Jenny.
November 8th, 2008 at 11:59am
Please remember that sharing files is not allowed.
Incognito.
Bleeding on the Floor
Incognito.
November 18th, 2008 at 11:41pm
They are both beautiful songs
That man is an incredible poet!
I'm so excited about their new album!
johnny walker eyes.
Demolition Lover
johnny walker eyes.
November 19th, 2008 at 01:55am
heartquake.:
Incredible.
itsadeathwish.
Killjoy
itsadeathwish.
December 7th, 2008 at 03:42pm
man, i can't wait until these songs are recorded.
stay is just amazing and the world is ugly is beautiful.
they're already incredible, i can't wait to hear the finished products! Very HappyD