Don't have an account? Create one!

Have Any Of You Been Suspended For Sticking Up For Mcr?

AuthorMessage
look alive sunshine.
Shotgun Sinner
look alive sunshine.
February 2nd, 2008 at 01:53pm
Cyn Cyanide:
trrue.
buuut
ivee just had enoughh
or all my fucking calssmates
like these girls
tall they talk about is gerard.
and his hotness =[

i understand what you're saying completely, and sometimes it is hard to just ignore people like that...not necessarily saying violence will solve it, as good as it might seem to feel for the moment. i try not to support it...
but yeah, about the what the girls are saying and for the hating/bashing of mcr people in general:

nobody should be or should have to be judged based on their outsides because this can and this HAS led to big misunderstandings and missed opportunities. it's kind of pitiful that what really matters is tossed aside all too often because of an image, that some of us can be too obsessed with trying to be. positively or negatively, appearance can destroy EVERYTHING and ANYTHING, regardless of whatever the circumstance was beforehand.

ok, that's all i have to say. i'm typing an english paper on stereotypes, that comes right from it...
Green Faerie
Salute You in Your Grave
Green Faerie
February 2nd, 2008 at 02:09pm
^^^

*claps* That was very very well put, and true. I'm pretty annoyed with people judging before they know even a tiny little bit about something. This happens far too frequently with bands in the music industry, particularly MCR.

But as I see it, the annoying people are missing out. Because MCR's music is so wonderful to listen to.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
February 2nd, 2008 at 02:48pm

I don't let it get to me.

Somebody asked me if Frank was Gerard's brother. 0_0

I just laugh it off and ignore them.

Theres no point in getting worked up about it.

hug
look alive sunshine.
Shotgun Sinner
look alive sunshine.
February 2nd, 2008 at 03:01pm
Lovesick Melody.:

I don't let it get to me.

Somebody asked me if Frank was Gerard's brother. 0_0

I just laugh it off and ignore them.

Theres no point in getting worked up about it.

hug

haha!!...yeah, and ray's my cousin!!! [not really]
Nutella With Forks
Motor Baby
Nutella With Forks
February 2nd, 2008 at 04:04pm
Green Faerie:
Usually my mum, who sings "Gerard can't sing" mostly just to get a rise out of me.

My friend does that.
Then I tell him maybe its just his subconsious jealousy that I like Gerards voice more then his!

Then he just up and gets annoyed. Very Happy
Fading Sanity
Bleeding on the Floor
Fading Sanity
February 2nd, 2008 at 04:26pm
yeah, people do that to me, not saying how emo they are but just saying how "shitty" their music is and what not. I ignore it. (but yes, it is very hard not to go off on a rant or attack them)

But I don't hate them as much as I pity them because they don't get to enjoy the amazing-ness that is mcr Very Happy

*tear* poor souls XD
Crushcrushcrush
Jazz Hands
Crushcrushcrush
February 2nd, 2008 at 06:06pm
no but ive threatened ppl that id beat the shit outta them if they said one more thing about mcr being emo and shit and ill probably be suspened by the end of the year for sticking up for mcr *nod* in my oppinon if you dont like a band then dont talk about them and if you talk shit about them then your just askin to be beat up
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
February 2nd, 2008 at 06:50pm
ahah person who beat up kids- you've got plenty of fire in you! That's why teenagers scare the living shit outta Gerard. I get plenty of friendly 'emo' name calling by ppl at work- even my boss, but that's all fun and games. But I see you guys in high school cop it a lot worse because things easily spiral outta hand when people get groupie against mcr.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
February 2nd, 2008 at 06:54pm
Beating people up doesn't help anything at all. It's just even more pointless, stupid violence in the world.
Jon Snow.
Demolition Lover
Jon Snow.
February 2nd, 2008 at 08:08pm
Beating people up , because someone is throwing insults at a band you like or being a "poser"
is dam right stupid.
It just makes you just as pathetic as the one throwing petty insults or maybe worse in fact , for you used violence.
the sharpest lives.
Shotgun Sinner
the sharpest lives.
February 2nd, 2008 at 08:57pm
i've never been suspended for sticking up for my chem.
i've thought about doing things to people that say bad things to my chem that would get me suspended though.
but i've never actually done it.

if someone is bashing mcr [or any band that you love] just ignore them or tell them how much that band means to you. don't do something violent or start screaming at them.

even though it's quite tempting to punch those fuckers in the face.
Mr. Green
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
February 2nd, 2008 at 09:12pm
I have to go with Cactux on this one. There are plenty of non-violent ways to settle differences. I know that high school is hard and that people get a lot of shit for being different -- don't let my age fool you, I was there too, I was the weird "goth" kid that listened to strange bands and didn't have many friends, and so I can empathize with a lot of what I've read here because I felt the same way back then. But there are better, non-violent, creative alternatives to getting into fights, getting suspended, and everything that follows. You're not helping anyone -- yourself, your family, your friends, and especially not MCR -- by allowing your anger to overrun your judgment. I'm not with the band nor do I know anyone in it, but I think it's safe to speak for them by saying that they would rather you stand up for yourself in a non-violent way and better yourself through that process than have you lose yourself in your anger and find yourself in bad situations that can compromise your future.

I still, at my age, get picked on and excluded by the majority of my co-workers because of the music I listen to, the movies and books that I enjoy, and the fact that I read comics and work conventions on the side. I can fight back and lose my job, or I can hold my head up high, be proud of who I am, and keep going. I do that, knowing that their opinions of me don't really matter and that now, the friends that I *do* have that share my passions are the best, most reliable, most trustworthy, most wonderful, biggest-hearted people in the world, and we support and love each other fully and without reservation. I would never resort to violence or allow myself to be put into a position that my job and professional reputation would be at stake.

You can stand up for what you believe in without tearing others down. Being able to do that shows maturity and poise. Be safe.
desert skies.
Shotgun Sinner
desert skies.
February 2nd, 2008 at 11:38pm
sheena parasite.:
Ditto. Cheese

The word emo should be burned. Shifty2

Or atleast not used unless talking bands that use the term themselves.

Agreed.
divineblindsoul
Fabulous Killjoy
divineblindsoul
February 3rd, 2008 at 03:29pm
I agree with the non-violence aspect of this debate here.

Usually if people are making fun of them I just tell them that that is their opinion and that I don't agree with it. If they press the issue, I either A.) Ignore them or B.) Repeat the above statement and tell them that if they don't like them that they can keep their derogatory comments to themselves.

And...! If that doesn't shut them up I usually tell them that they are biggots and leave.
Sid
Salute You in Your Grave
Sid
February 3rd, 2008 at 09:25pm
Well never been suspended but once in french class, we were talking about our favourite things (en francais of course!) and the teacher was all 'Quelle ton passe temps?' or whatever it is (it means like 'what are your pass time activities' i think) and I just shouted 'My Chemical Romance!' and my teacher gave me this crazy look.

At lunch time the same day, I had the school councilor coming up to me asking if I had any drug or chemical dependancy issues/ problems.

And that my friends is how retarded adults are Smile (Unless you're an MCR fan of course).
Toronado
Bleeding on the Floor
Toronado
February 5th, 2008 at 06:30pm
Well... I've never been suspended... but.
I am really ashamed of this.
Last night, this guy I've known since I was, like, three, came to dinner with his parents... and he was talking about how pathetic Fall Out Boy are... and then he switched on to Green Day... and then on to My Chemical Romance.
These are my THREE FAVOURITE BANDS IN THE WORLD, and he knows it.
I punched him in the face and stormed out of the room.
(It felt gooood.)
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
February 5th, 2008 at 06:40pm
out with anger in with love. It works for me. I'm with gee on this one, some of you guys scare the living shit out of me. Oh and by the way, not all adults are retarded. Even the ones who don't like my chem. Don't waste your energy on haters. Laugh at them and feel superior. I got suspended once for having pink hair but never for fighting. Fighting is lame. Especially over a band.
Green Faerie
Salute You in Your Grave
Green Faerie
February 5th, 2008 at 07:14pm
^^^ I completely agree. Smile It's just pointless to waste your time on haters. And a very bad situation if you become one yourself as a result.
JennMOSH
Killjoy
JennMOSH
February 5th, 2008 at 10:35pm
Okay
Here's my opinion on "Sticking up for bands"
It's retarded.
People are entitled to their own opinion.
Suck it up and deal with it.
UnchArtEd schrEI
Jazz Hands
UnchArtEd schrEI
February 5th, 2008 at 11:56pm
i agree