Don't have an account? Create one!

04/19/2008 + 04/20/2008 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore.

AuthorMessage
la cerise
Bulletproof Heart
la cerise
April 20th, 2008 at 06:09pm
The New Song.:
I now officially love you.
Thank you SO MUCH for typing out that whole recount of the event. hug
That made my day today, especially since I was all bummed about not going to see My Chem AND the fact that my computer is being beyond stupid.

It sounds like you had a really awesome time! : D
I'm sorry about all of the assholes that push their way to the front.
I guess they were all really excited, but that still doesn't make up for their rude behavior. =\
redrum7
Killjoy
redrum7
April 20th, 2008 at 06:38pm
party at the fillmore!!

I was up front and smooshed, i loved every minute of it
the band killed it, one of the best shows i had seen in a while
Did anyone else hear the reference made to the movie king of kongs?
my chem played sound bits of this during the set
last but not least i spent alot of time by the floor bar and i was surprised to find mrs alicia way there as well, yes yes it was indeed her
tiny little thing, a lot taller than i am.
did anyone get pics of the show i would love some!
la cerise
Bulletproof Heart
la cerise
April 20th, 2008 at 06:58pm
redrum7:
party at the fillmore!!

I was up front and smooshed, i loved every minute of it
the band killed it, one of the best shows i had seen in a while
Did anyone else hear the reference made to the movie king of kongs?
my chem played sound bits of this during the set
last but not least i spent alot of time by the floor bar and i was surprised to find mrs alicia way there as well, yes yes it was indeed her
Wow
gazelles.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
gazelles.
April 20th, 2008 at 09:56pm
redrum7:

Holy crap, Alicia was at the bar!? Seriously? That's wicked. And what was the floor bar? Like, I saw the main bar, but you obviously would have to get off the floor to get to that.

And you're welcome, I can only imagine how it must have felt to not go. I'm glad I could brighten up your day. ^_^ Added detail: At one point Gerard said that we had a really postive vibe going on, which I think he said was either rare or good. I'm not sure which he said anymore, ahaha. Incidentally, this was just after they talked about how they were going to their 6 - 7 month break, and the girl in front of me & I yelled "You deserve it!"
Xxtotheend17xX
Killjoy
Xxtotheend17xX
April 21st, 2008 at 01:02am
the show was amazing Smile but some kids were getting out of hand with the pushing....my glasses were broken :'( anyone else find it ironic mikey was wearing the shirt that said mikey fuckin way lmao
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
April 21st, 2008 at 10:05am
Last night I almost committed several felonies as I encountered the most evil, vile children and was absolutely stunned by the difference in that crowd from Sat.

My recap:

1) An obnoxious blonde with a bad attitude and hair cut complaining about the kids in our group and the two groups in front of us taking turns standing in line overnight. And then I watched her cut infront of several others. She also took off on her friend for 2 hours and gave away the friend's sandwich to a homeless man because she was afraid of him. Later, more of her horrible friends came and cut into line.

But we met some amazing kids in the line around us. Just super nice kids.

2) We were 8th in line, got infront of Frankie, my husband was attacked by teenies after he was kind enough to allow a shorter girl some space to see. The kids then hit and pushed him out of the way. He tried to regain footing, but realized he might hurt a kid so he left. I have never seen him leave a pit - he was beyond bummed, but the kids were out of control.

I had to physically restrain several teenies from moving me out of the way or trying to pull themselves up to barricade - not how it works - you get in line early, and if you don't you deal with it. You earn it - don't fricking push - that's not what a pit is about. You aren't moshing, you aren't crowd surfing - you are being fricking obnoxious and a spoiled little brat.

3) Teenies yelled inappropriate things, and didn't understand the difference between crowd surfing and being pulled out of the pit. If you crowd surf - good for you -- if you ask to be pulled from the pit - no one is going to cheer. Someone stage dove on poor Frank again. Someone threw a shoe at Mikey and teenies screamed at the guys as they were leaving, not yay we love you guys screams, but "I want to marry you and have your babies screams." My friend gave a shout out to Toro who turned, smiled and said hey --

4) I enjoyed Drive By and thought the band was incredibly nice - I'd see them again and in fact will be on Tuesday.

5) Fangirl section: Gerard was "inappropriate sexy Gerard" who laughed everytime he saw our group because we were in hysterics by his wicked moves and made my night because he stopped to wave goodbye and winked. He is still the best performer around, his voice is amazing. I was very happy to see Mikey who was the topic of conversation as he made eye contact with everyone in our group and smiled. He has gotten so good over the years and we all commented on how this new confidence has improved his playing even more. And then some kid threw a shoe at him and we were all indignant and angry. Ray is one of the greatest lead guitarists ever and can do no wrong. Bob was in good spirits, cracking jokes and being the awesomeness that is Bob. Frankie seemed off last night, well on the 19th as well, he is simply the sweetest man alive (besides my husband), I love watching that guy play - always in awe of just how talented the guy is.

6) Frank signed for 2 hours Sat, but did not sign on the 20th - Medhi, said that they had to go and told the hubs - I gotta get one more guy on the bus, no signing tonight. Said something similar to crowd. I love Medhi because band security are normally such pompous asses - another band's security guy was just hateful towards the kids. Med is always calm and gets how disappointed the kids get. The boys got amazingly lucky with Worm and Med.

Sat, when Frankie came out, alot of the younger kids made crappy comments about it only being Frankie.

Last night, some horrible chick with a red jacket on said "I don't want to wait anyway -it's only Frankie - who cares?"

I also had a mom who compared Gerard to a skinny Meatloaf.

7) So, Sats nice feelings were destroyed by one of the worst crowds I had ever seen on Sun. The difference: more little girls who have no manners or respect. I liked alot of the kids I met, but man I do not enjoy the teenie. None of us older fans remember being that out of control or being so disrespectful.
Buffy Summers
Always Born a Crime
Buffy Summers
April 21st, 2008 at 12:34pm
^Wow, sounds like its lucky that I went on Saturday instead of Sunday! I'm sorry you had such a crappy time on Sunday, people with bad attitudes are the worst. >_<.

But Saturday was reaaaalllly fun, wasn't it?
Everyone I encountered seemed to just be having a good time. At least, the people around where I was standing (up one level from the floor) were really great.

I waited around after the show and met Frankie and he is such a sweetheart.
I got my action figure signed, which was really cool.
When my little sister (who's 13) got up there she was too shy to say anything and Frank was like, "Hi how are you? Did you have fun?" It was too cute.
Holly Way
Jazz Hands
Holly Way
April 21st, 2008 at 12:39pm
Xxtotheend17xX:
the show was amazing Smile but some kids were getting out of hand with the pushing....my glasses were broken :'( anyone else find it ironic mikey was wearing the shirt that said mikey fuckin way lmao

lol yah that was awesome!
Holly Way
Jazz Hands
Holly Way
April 21st, 2008 at 12:46pm
Amber St.:
Holly Way:
sure i will, im also gonna try bringing my camera, wish me luck
Wow Awesome! I can't wait! Very Happy

And good luck with that, hopefully they won't steal it away from you. ;]

srry i tried my best, i got a few pix but then the security guy got mad and took my camera batteries and made me delete all the pix, i was soo pissed!
Xxtotheend17xX
Killjoy
Xxtotheend17xX
April 21st, 2008 at 02:37pm
sunday WAS horrible...and its annoying because we're all there to see a show and enjoy our favorite band but when people see it neccessary to ruin everyones time because they wanna look cool in from of their friends by pushing and acting obnoxsios it just sucks....i spent more time trying not to get trampled than enjoying
gazelles.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
gazelles.
April 21st, 2008 at 02:46pm
I am now officially very glad that I went on Saturday. Still would have loved to go to Sunday as well, but I'm glad that, of the two, I went to Saturday rather than Sunday. Sounds like Sunday was a lot of trouble.
Xxtotheend17xX
Killjoy
Xxtotheend17xX
April 21st, 2008 at 02:58pm
you are lol i actually heard one kid say,after he barreled his way to the front elbowing me and many others, that hes here to see my chemical romance and didnt care who he hurt or not....
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
April 21st, 2008 at 03:36pm
The crowd was horrible Sunday, but I absolutely love that band. I also hate teenies and mean little boys.
la cerise
Bulletproof Heart
la cerise
April 21st, 2008 at 03:42pm
Oh my, sounds like Sunday was horrible!
It's really sad that My Chem is such a great band and they have great fans, but they have other fans that just don't get it, they don't get concerts and they don't get the band. You don't fucking complain that only one member comes out to sign things. What if nobody came out? And come on, it's FRANK. Who wouldn't want to see Frank?
I'm sorry for everyone that had to go on Sunday!
hug

And thanks for the HUGE recaps, those were really spectacular. ^_^
Now I can daydream in my head about actually going to the concert. xD
mastermind.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mastermind.
April 21st, 2008 at 04:02pm
i was at the 20th show, and while it was the best time id ever seen them, your right. im a little on the younger side of the MCR fans but i would never be as obnixoius as the kids that were there. plus, i got made fun of alot for doing the X's over my eyes like frank used to do. =/
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
April 21st, 2008 at 04:10pm
I thought the kids with the X's were made of awesome - where you in the pit?

and wtf with the kids not liking Frank? Who doesn't like Frank?
Holly Way
Jazz Hands
Holly Way
April 21st, 2008 at 04:24pm
can someone post the setlist from the 20th show??
mastermind.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mastermind.
April 21st, 2008 at 04:30pm
wickedjulesesq:
I thought the kids with the X's were made of awesome - where you in the pit?

and wtf with the kids not liking Frank? Who doesn't like Frank?

thanks. =) no i was first balcony, first row.
plus everyone was soo wasted around me i could just kick em around it didnt matter.
smith
Shotgun Sinner
smith
April 21st, 2008 at 06:04pm
question -

On Saturday what was Gerard talking about?
He's said "Oh I saw you guys in line with those and really wanted one."
I couldn't see what it was
Xxtotheend17xX
Killjoy
Xxtotheend17xX
April 22nd, 2008 at 12:41am
on sunday im not sure the exact order but they played WTTBP,teenagers,i dont love you,hang 'em high,headfirst for halos,teenagers.mama,kill all your friends,my way home is through you,a little snipit from vampires before they played thank you for the venom,helena,prison,cancer,house of wolves,famous last words,DEAD!,give em hell kid.....i heard they played desert song the night before which makes me sad cause i love that one....