Don't have an account? Create one!

05/03/2008 - St. Louis, MO - Pageant.

AuthorMessage
NDirishKC
Killjoy
NDirishKC
May 4th, 2008 at 08:08pm
WOW!!!! Totally Amazing!! That was SO much better than the Kansas City concert...I got to meet Frank and had him sign my guitar pick, I also met Drive By. If anyone has videos please post them on youtube. HAHA that was so funny when Ray was crawling under that truck. Was he like trying to sneak out without getting stampeded by fans?
NDirishKC
Killjoy
NDirishKC
May 4th, 2008 at 08:25pm
Oh and the setlist was pretty much the same as the Kansas City concert except that they played The Jetset Life is Gonna Kill You instead of Hang 'Em High

Here is the setlist in order from what I can remember:

Dissapear
Dead
Cemetary Drive
My Way Home is Through You
Welcome to the Black Parade
Jetset Life
House of Wolves
Headfirst for Halos
I Don't Love You
Kill All Your Friends
Mama
Teenagers
I'm Not Okay
What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison
Famous Last Words
Cancer
Dessert Song
Give 'em Hell Kid
Helena

Does that sound right?

I was really hoping for Thank You For The Venom Sad
Steiney
Killjoy
Steiney
May 4th, 2008 at 08:28pm
My first MCR show last night was amazing. Here is, to the best of my knowledge/notes the set list for the show

(took the stage to "You're the Best" from Karate Kid)EDITED...I DID forget Mama..
1. How I Disappear
2. Dead!
3. Cemetery Drive
4. House of Wolves
5. Welcome to the Black Parade
6. I Don't Love You
7. My Way Home is Through You
8.The Jet Set Life is Gonna Kill You
9. I'm Not Okay (I Promise)
10. Kill All Your Friends
11. Mama
12. You Know What they do to guys like us in Prison
13. Headfirst for Halos
14. Teenagers
15. Famous Last Words
16. Cancer
(ENCORE)
1. (Vampires intro?) --> Desert Song
2. Give 'Em Hell Kid
3. Helena

Thank you for catching that...I had it written on a folded piece of paper and missed it...Also trying to piece together Billy Talent's Set...I have all but 2 songs of their set and tracking down based on lyrics...
gabanti.
In The Murder Scene
gabanti.
May 4th, 2008 at 08:39pm
both sound right to me.
but Steiny, you forgot mama.

oooh, and there are a few videos up on youtube from the concert.

:]
Steiney
Killjoy
Steiney
May 4th, 2008 at 08:54pm
Okay..I don't know if it should be posted here or elsewhere but here's what I have of Billy Talent's Set too...

1. This is How it Goes

2. ??? (I have something scribbled about "never be second best" as a lyric possibly?)

3. This Suffering / 4. Line and Sinker / 5. The Navy Song / 6. Surrender

7. ???? (only note/lyrics "finally mean it"Wink

8. FALLEN LEAVES!! / 9. Try Honesty 10. red Flag
Fireplug.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fireplug.
May 4th, 2008 at 08:54pm
I just got home.
Can I say that... if you're going to an MCR concert DONT BRING YOUR FUCKING FAMILY AND A LITTLE KID INTO THE PIT!!!!!!!
omg.
I don't want to sound like a bitch but that ruined the openers for me 'cause I was like right behind them.
but omg it was amazing.
It was definately the best out of the three times I've seen them
>.<
2 year break x.x
gabanti.
In The Murder Scene
gabanti.
May 4th, 2008 at 09:04pm
omfgg i know~
two years is too long ..
but hey, at least we got to see them right before their big break, i guess?
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
May 4th, 2008 at 09:13pm
can someone tell me what they have as far as merch?
Psalm23
Killjoy
Psalm23
May 4th, 2008 at 09:26pm
What did everyone think of Drive By? It was my second time seeing them -- personally I thought they were amazing!
gabanti.
In The Murder Scene
gabanti.
May 4th, 2008 at 09:47pm
i tried to get in and out of the merch room as fast as possible, hah.
but mcr's merch was like this:
they had a black hoodie that said THE BLACK PARADE IS DEAD! on the front, and "long live the black parade" on the bottom of the back..
a tshirt that says "i survived the black parade"
a tshirt with some animal on it? hah, idk. i could barely see it. but it said my chemical romance.
a TORO shirt.
a mikey fuckin way shirt.
a shirt that said The End.
i'm sure i'm forgetting some shirts.

they also had a messenger bag, hat, and gloves.

and to the person above, i liked drive by.
but i liked billy talent more. they blew me away.
xxhangxemxhigh
Killjoy
xxhangxemxhigh
May 5th, 2008 at 01:04am
I couldnt get a shirt :/ They ran out of my size. here can I get one online? Anywhere?
Fireplug.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fireplug.
May 5th, 2008 at 04:05am
They also had a shirt that said my chemical romance on the front with iron maiden letters and a sort of skull thing with snakes coming out that matches the back of gerards jean jacket. It has long burgundy sleeves and it is pwn. it has the tour dates on the back.

and YES BILLY TALENT WAS INCREDIBLE.
I didnt like drive by's CD but they were much better live so I gave it another listen and I seemed to like it better. Good job on opening bands mcr! xD

hm what else. OH who met frank afterwards? I was all the way at the end and I was like 'I'm totally going to get screwed and he's going to leave and bla bla' but then I was sitting down and I saw him walk by and I was like *stunned* Surprised then I smiled and waved 'cause I thought he was leaving and then he started signing at the end of the line! I couldn't breathe. He was so adorable and I think I made an ass of myself but he was really nice and gave me a hug. And then! and then and then after a ton of people left 'cause of security being all 'NOBODYS COMING OUT GTFO' and me and a small group were waiting around... Gerard walked off the bus and I saw him and was like THATS GERARD and I jumped up and down and he waved at me and yeah xDDDD

best. night. ever.
gabanti.
In The Murder Scene
gabanti.
May 5th, 2008 at 08:12am
fhdsiuhasd! i'm so happy for you!!
i was at the other end of the line and i didn't get to meet frank. he left before he got to me. :///
i was so upset. but that's okay. the rest was absolutely amazing!
Bronte Kinder
Salute You in Your Grave
Bronte Kinder
May 5th, 2008 at 03:02pm
Here's my review of the St. Louis show at The Pageant. It's Frankie-centric because I love him and because I was about 5 feet in front of him.

We drove and got to park 10 feet from the tour buses in the back. We got to see all the boys come out of the buses, all the equipment being unloaded (hey, that was cool to me!)

Because we are over 21, we got to get into the Halo bar and not wait outside in the ginormous lines. We were 2 people away from the barricade, stage right, directly in front of Frank.

BILLY TALENT ROCKED!

The pit was mean, I have to admit. Billy Talent had to actually stop the show because someone was "down". He reminded everyone they were at a My Chem concert and My Chem fans help each other out.

Didn't really seem to stop the mean people though. LOL

My Chem took the stage to a song by Karate Kid.

This was my first My Chem show, btw. Can I say, I never truly realized how awesome and charming Gerard is until now? He had that audience in the palm of his hand.

Some highlights:

Gerard's zipper kept coming down. He seemed irritated by it, finally acknowledged it to the audience and didn't bother zipping up much after that. He said it's not a big deal, not like he has flowers on his undies or anything. To which Frankie said he's seem them and it did have flowers.

Frankie played Twilight Zone after Gerard pointed out James was wearing an Easy E shirt.

When the hairy faced fella (WHAT IS HIS NAME?) came out to play harmonica, Frank pretended to use his guitar and um, perform, um, sex acts on his, um, behind. Then, he reached between his legs and grabbed his, um, you know what. (I know you kids are younger than me, so it's a little awkward to retell but amazingly hot to watch. LOL)

Frank did a finger movement during Im Not Okay that was a little interesting. He used his pinky as if to wipe a line of cocaine and then sniff it up his nose. Has anyone seen him do this before?

Frank said something besides TRUST ME, couldn't tell what it was.

Gerard said he loves Karate and all the chopping involved.

Gerard went over to Frank and ruffled his hair. Love those boys!

James family was in the audience and Gerard had us all say HI.

I'm sure I will remember more later.

Can I just say how awesome the show was? Overwhelming, really. And everyone has said Frank seems so sick and different but he was ALL OVER that stage and didn't LOOK sick or ACT it.
xxhangxemxhigh
Killjoy
xxhangxemxhigh
May 5th, 2008 at 04:34pm
When he was saying the flower thing, he wasn't talking about his underwear. lol.
Bronte Kinder
Salute You in Your Grave
Bronte Kinder
May 5th, 2008 at 04:57pm
I do believe he was. He was saying you could see his underwear when his fly was down. It was cracking me up.

What did you think he was talking about?
Fireplug.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fireplug.
May 5th, 2008 at 06:02pm
theres a video on youtube.
he said when his fly is down the fabric bunches up and it looks like a flower. and went off on something else like 'dudes dont have flowers.' and then when frank came over he was like HE'S SEEN IT HE SAYS IT ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE A FLOWER

Bronte Kinder
Salute You in Your Grave
Bronte Kinder
May 5th, 2008 at 06:59pm
I guess he's more dirty than I gave him credit for. Haha.

Fireplug, I noticed you complaining about a kid in the pit. Where were you? We had like a 12 year old where we were and all the women with her just complained about the pit being too rough for her. Why would you bring someone than young in there, for crying out loud? I wonder if it was the same little girl.
xxhangxemxhigh
Killjoy
xxhangxemxhigh
May 5th, 2008 at 08:17pm
Haha, I remember that lady complaining to those boys about being rough. She was like, "You're being too rough on these girls!" and stuff like that. And then she had to get out of the pit and a few security guards lifted her out. Was that the same lady, Bronte Kinder?
Bronte Kinder
Salute You in Your Grave
Bronte Kinder
May 5th, 2008 at 08:31pm
Haha, yes! Same one. Those boys WERE rough, dang. Cute though. LOL

They calmed down during My Chem.

There was some CRAZY drama going on with this really tall girl. Medhi came over to her, she had red highlights in her hair? She poured a cup of water over one girl (after saying she was going to put gum in her hair) and was chewing out some other girl. It was so entertaining.