Don't have an account? Create one!

04/22/2008 - Cleveland, OH - Agora Theatre

AuthorMessage
AAAU
Joining The Black Parade
AAAU
April 23rd, 2008 at 07:08pm
ahhh, the band didn't come out, but from what i heard, i guess frank came out for a little right before their tour bus left.

and i think gerard seemed a little distant rather than distracted? i'm sure i could easily be looking too much into this, but only because i've seen them 3 times before this and he just seemed slightly different. i don't want to cause panic or anything by saying he was cold or something, because he wasn't, he was his cute funny self, but just something was different. maybe someone else at the show that felt like that could explain better than me?

the band's playing was awesome, but i almost think they were slighly tired and possibly feeling slightly drained.

all in all, they put on a great show though.
MCRmy_nightmare
Killjoy
MCRmy_nightmare
April 23rd, 2008 at 07:20pm
yikes. maybe something happened? I wish I could've gone to see myself
MCRmy_nightmare
Killjoy
MCRmy_nightmare
April 23rd, 2008 at 07:24pm
it's hard to picture Gerard all distant and just not there. it's not him, you know?
Xxtotheend17xX
Killjoy
Xxtotheend17xX
April 23rd, 2008 at 08:00pm
i think its the band that doesnt want pictures taken because it was exactly the same a couple days ago in detroit...
MCRmy_nightmare
Killjoy
MCRmy_nightmare
April 23rd, 2008 at 08:05pm
Xxtotheend17xX:
i think its the band that doesnt want pictures taken because it was exactly the same a couple days ago in detroit...
no, it's not the band. they'd have people take pics, but with people taking pics and videos and selling them as fake shit, they lose money. tons of bands do it
blunthausen
Really Not Okay
blunthausen
April 23rd, 2008 at 08:55pm
Our Lady Sorrows_Lux:

and i think gerard seemed a little distant rather than distracted? i'm sure i could easily be looking too much into this, but only because i've seen them 3 times before this and he just seemed slightly different. i don't want to cause panic or anything by saying he was cold or something, because he wasn't, he was his cute funny self, but just something was different. maybe someone else at the show that felt like that could explain better than me?

the band's playing was awesome, but i almost think they were slighly tired and possibly feeling slightly drained.

well this was my first time seeing them so i dont really know
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
April 23rd, 2008 at 09:53pm
I can't count how many times I have seen the guys. This was simply the best show I have seen from these guys in the last four years - it was old school MCR - the crowd was great other than the rotten little girls with the mother in the purple leather coat -- the girls didn't know the words, were hateful to other kids, and the mom was about a tool. Again, teenies are the ruin of good shows.

Sorry some of you were unimpressed - this was way better than Pro Rev-- and this tour wasn't meant to be like the Black Parade Tour - this is how I remember the shows before the Black Parade and I am confused by the comment that Gerard was distant. We've been to 4 of the dates on this tour and this is the most he has talked between songs - he was having a hell of a time. The band was amazing - played their hearts out to the end - they didn't seem tired or drained to me. Again, it reminded me of pre-TBP shows - just amazing energy.

Got to meet Frank afterwards - love that guy! He wasn't feeling well. I thought he was absolutely perfect live - the old crazy Frank.
lazarus
Killjoy
lazarus
April 23rd, 2008 at 11:59pm
gerard seemed fine, tho i couldn't hear clearly all he was saying. his comments about pizzaz and country time lemonade were the best Smile
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 24th, 2008 at 12:30am
Lol--pizza and country time lemonade?

I would understand if the guys were tired, though--they've been touring the country like crazy for the past year and a half. That would wear anyone out.

Oh, and thanks for all that info. about the camera police (they sound like complete douchebags). I meant to bring my camera, but I'd rather not have it confiscated. I was gonna bring it on the off chance that I got to meet the band, but apparently even that's not allowed--is that right? >_< I guess I'll just bring a Sharpie and ask for autographs...
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
April 24th, 2008 at 06:51am
I am still laughing about the snakes and the cookies
MCRmy_nightmare
Killjoy
MCRmy_nightmare
April 24th, 2008 at 11:48am
what all did Gerard talk about?
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 24th, 2008 at 12:34pm
Yeah, don't keep us in the dark! What about lemonade, cookies, and snakes???
Xxtotheend17xX
Killjoy
Xxtotheend17xX
April 24th, 2008 at 01:36pm
im not saying i hate the band for it....its shouldnt be about the money, i know plenty of popular artist who let you record the show for your own pleasure to show others and get them into it.....but i do understand the whole money issue also.
MCRmy_nightmare
Killjoy
MCRmy_nightmare
April 24th, 2008 at 04:24pm
I know. I think if it were up to the band themselves, they'd let you record and take tons of pics, and shit like that. I don't think it was THEM who chose the whole 'no piccy-no videos' thing.
AAAU
Joining The Black Parade
AAAU
April 24th, 2008 at 04:55pm
oh no doubt, i thought the show was great. i've seen the band twice pre black parade, and twice during/after the black parade so i've had some experience as far as my chem shows go.

like i said, i don't want to cause panic by stating something dramatic like "gerard was distant," or anything of the sort, but there was something i couldn't and still can't put my finger on that was different.

and also like i said before, it could very well be me looking too much into this. i hope my comments/feelings don't affect anyone negatively, and i just want to assure you all that it was sweet show.

anywho, besides the rediculous agora staff, my friend and i had a blast.
MCRmy_nightmare
Killjoy
MCRmy_nightmare
April 24th, 2008 at 05:23pm
don't worry, your not affecting us. it's good to know, I guess, and I've yet to figure out why haha. I'm glad it was a kick-ass show tho!
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
April 24th, 2008 at 05:49pm
Well, he appeared fine to me, seemed like he was having fun.
AAAU
Joining The Black Parade
AAAU
April 24th, 2008 at 09:18pm
and yeah like i said before... " he was his cute funny self." i really don't want to start anything over this, at all, in full honesty. it was just my opinion that something about him felt slightly different.

but it's totally understandable that you perceived things differently, because i'm sure mostly everyone would agree with you.

whatever i felt, it was nothing significant, so i almost regret putting it out there, because i understand how things like that can affect others or start unnecessary issues.

but, ah i'll say it again, the show overall was great.
MCRmy_nightmare
Killjoy
MCRmy_nightmare
April 24th, 2008 at 09:30pm
Our Lady Sorrows_Lux:
and yeah like i said before... " he was his cute funny self." i really don't want to start anything over this, at all, in full honesty. it was just my opinion that something about him felt slightly different.

but it's totally understandable that you perceived things differently, because i'm sure mostly everyone would agree with you.

whatever i felt, it was nothing significant, so i almost regret putting it out there, because i understand how things like that can affect others or start unnecessary issues.

but, ah i'll say it again, the show overall was great.
hey, don't worry about it. you were just stating your own opinion! I wouldn't worry about Gerard tho. if he was "his cute funny self", then I'm sure everything's okay!
AAAU
Joining The Black Parade
AAAU
April 24th, 2008 at 09:53pm
^aww, thanks so much for saying that, seriously.

i was getting bummed out because i thought i was coming off as an ungrateful, ignorant fan or something. that's totally not me, and i hate when people are like that, so i was worried. :-/

ah, and you're right, everything with g's probably perfectly fine Very Happy