Don't have an account? Create one!

04/22/2008 - Cleveland, OH - Agora Theatre

AuthorMessage
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 24th, 2008 at 10:19pm
Our Lady Sorrows_Lux:
^aww, thanks so much for saying that, seriously.

i was getting bummed out because i thought i was coming off as an ungrateful, ignorant fan or something. that's totally not me, and i hate when people are like that, so i was worried. :-/

ah, and you're right, everything with g's probably perfectly fine Very Happy
No, you did nothing wrong! I'll watch Gee carefully (course I was gonna do that anyway) on May 4th. Speaking of which, my ticket came! Very Happy
AAAU
Joining The Black Parade
AAAU
April 24th, 2008 at 11:09pm
thanks so much, i really do appreciate that Very Happy
and have a blast at your show! let me know how it all goes.
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 25th, 2008 at 03:40am
I will. I hope no one minds me posting here, because nobody seems to be going to Columbus. T_T So I'm all alone in the Columbus board. But I'm dying to know--what did Gerard say about cookies and lemonade or whatever??? I love all that extra stuff he says between songs; it keeps things interesting. You never know some of the crazy shit he is about to do or say.
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
April 25th, 2008 at 07:53am
Hey, no worries--I apologize if I came off sounded like I wanted to argue. I just really loved that show - it made me cry and I am not a crier because it reminded me of so many great times. Anyway,

I am going to Columbus.

Gerard was talking about the "good ole days" and then referenced "Country Time Lemonade" which apparently is Bob's favorite drink.

He then discussed how you have to wear the uniform to sell the cookies.

And that Snakes are bad things, very dangerous and poisonous.

Fricking love that guy!!!!
MCRmy_nightmare
Killjoy
MCRmy_nightmare
April 25th, 2008 at 11:22am
haha I fucking love him! I'm not going to columbus (I heard there's a show in pittsburgh, so I may go to that one), but have a great time and tell me how it goes!
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 26th, 2008 at 03:06am
Woo hoo, one week!

What did he mean, "Snakes are dangerous and poisonous"? Was he trying to make a point? Is it a metaphor, or was he just yelling crazy shit?

Haha, I can't wait to hear what he says in Columbus.
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
April 26th, 2008 at 07:27am
It was just random Gerard. Love that guy!
toxicsugar
Killjoy
toxicsugar
April 26th, 2008 at 08:35pm
That show was pretty sweet. I've seen them before and it didn't seem as spectacular as when I first saw them at the Wolstein's center last year, but maybe just because it was the black parade tour then. But I was second row back from Gerard (which is a big task for my vertically deprived self) and he laughed at me once again. My bruises are all worth it. Smile I was a little upset about the camera crap though. I think they should have worried about all the people who were passing out rather than stupid cameras. And wait-- did anybody else face camera problems at the wolstein? Cause the security was right in front of me there and they didn't care. And I totally have been using the word "pizzaz." lmao.
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
April 27th, 2008 at 07:50am
I loved TBP tour because it reminded me of seeing stadium bands when I was a kid. But this wasn't TBP, and I cannot begin to express how much I have loved this tour - it is so cool to see the guys happy, playing what they want, stripped down, having a good time. I love having random, crazy Gerard back. And even better that Mikey seems to be enjoying the shows more. It was so cool being able to interact with the guys. My husband and I were discussing that since 2003, we have seen them live every year. What the hell are we going to do next year?
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 29th, 2008 at 02:00am
Maybe they'll have a new album out by then? Not likely, but you never know... Word has it that they have two songs for their fourth album well underway. Have you heard them yet? Sorry to be off topic. ("The World is Ugly" and "Stay" on Youtube)
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
April 29th, 2008 at 07:34am
Yup, I am still someone ambivalent about both because I am really hoping they do return to their Bullets sound. But I thought the lyrics were interesting. I heard rumor that they were already recording and had about 11 songs done- can't confirm or deny.
MCRmy_nightmare
Killjoy
MCRmy_nightmare
April 29th, 2008 at 12:01pm
I hope they come out with their next album SOON! I'm sure it'll be really good. They've come so far in almost (hmmmm they're first album came out...) 7-8 years? correct me if I'm wrong haha. are "Stay" and "The World is Ugly" good songs?
toxicsugar
Killjoy
toxicsugar
April 29th, 2008 at 06:03pm
there's a video of "stay" (several actually) on buzznet somewhere if you want to hear it. I haven't watched it but a lot of people seem to like it. I haven't heard "the world is ugly" though. It sounds like it could be cool.
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 30th, 2008 at 01:40am
"The Word is Ugly" is a very slow, sad song, quite beautiful. But I like "Stay" much better, because it's faster and louder, and has a really beautiful melody.

Oh, and you said they have 11 songs (perhaps)? Already? That's fantastic. I really hope it's true. I hope it's another concept album.
MCRmy_nightmare
Killjoy
MCRmy_nightmare
April 30th, 2008 at 11:35am
yeah, I heard they're already recording their next album, but nobody knows what it's called! they won't tell us!!!
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 30th, 2008 at 12:32pm
Woo hoo! Maybe they can release it this fall/winter? TBP was released Xmas 2006, wasn't it?
MCRmy_nightmare
Killjoy
MCRmy_nightmare
April 30th, 2008 at 05:30pm
maybe! heehee, I can't wait!
vengeance university
Shotgun Sinner
vengeance university
May 1st, 2008 at 08:39pm
-feels late- I went to this show.
It was my first MCR concert, and I thought it was perfect. The pit was insane, though. I met a lot of people, too! Gerard sounds amazing live, as do Ray, Bob, Frank, and Mikey.
I got to meet Frank afterwards. He's the coolest guy in person; he's just so chill and humble.

As for a new album soon, I'm not sure. We can only hope!
I think they really need a break, though.
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
May 4th, 2008 at 01:19am
Well, today's MY day! Columbus, here I come! WOOO HOOOO!!!! Very HappyDDD
AAAU
Joining The Black Parade
AAAU
May 4th, 2008 at 05:57pm
^^ have an amazing time! let me know how it goes Very Happy