04/17/2008 + 04/18/2008 - Chicago, IL - Congress Theater

AuthorMessage
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
April 19th, 2008 at 08:07pm
TaraMCRmy:
Oh! I just remembered something!

On the 17th, when James got up and went behind Bob to play the cowbell with a drumstick [i think it was a cowbell] during Teenagers, he was playing and all, and then he whacks Bob in the head with the drumstick, Bob turned around like' FTW' and laughed, i was cracking up, lmaooo. It was priceless.

rolling on floor rolling on floor rolling on floor thats hilarious!!
xLadyxOfxSorrowx
Killjoy
xLadyxOfxSorrowx
April 19th, 2008 at 08:13pm
TaraMCRmy:
Oh! I just remembered something!

On the 17th, when James got up and went behind Bob to play the cowbell with a drumstick [i think it was a cowbell] during Teenagers, he was playing and all, and then he whacks Bob in the head with the drumstick, Bob turned around like' FTW' and laughed, i was cracking up, lmaooo. It was priceless.

lmfao That's awesome! I hope they formally introduce James into the band...he seems like a great guy. I don't remember what song it was yesterday, but he was just smiling like a maniac through the whole thing when he was playing. It was so funny, I was smiling too, and everyone around me was like 'wtf is she smiling about!?' Very Happy
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
April 19th, 2008 at 08:26pm
XD! Everytime one of the band members smiled, I had to smile.
There was a lot of that at the first concert [and it seemed at the second
also Very Happy]. I don't think anybody could beat MCR at a concert, they just own the whole stage all the time, even back when Mikey hardly moved [now he shakes his head a lot with his hair mop Razz]. I can't wwwait for them to come back again! And for the DVD, at least we have that to look forward to.
xLadyxOfxSorrowx
Killjoy
xLadyxOfxSorrowx
April 19th, 2008 at 08:32pm
I know, Mikey kept shaking his head and smiling. He has a nice smile. Smile Frankie was kind of standing still, though...maybe he was just tired. Smile
The DVD sounds so awesome! I'm gonna be out of town though! Sad I'm leaving tomorrow at 4 in the morning, and I'm not allowed to stop and get anything or even leave the hotel. Or even bring my laptop..stupid school. Maybe I'll ask my mom to get it for me, just so I have the merits to say I bought it the first day it came out. Razz
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
April 19th, 2008 at 08:55pm
MyWicketRomance:
I know, Mikey kept shaking his head and smiling. He has a nice smile. Smile Frankie was kind of standing still, though...maybe he was just tired. Smile

Yea I noticed that Frankie wasn't moving much.
And I enjoyed the Mikey mop. He looks so different now. A lot more like Gerard.
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
April 19th, 2008 at 09:06pm
Did Frank play on the ground at all? I thought there was one point where
I looked over and saw him on his knees playing, but I couldn't tell.
Either way he played great<3

I really hope they change the DVD date to earlier than June 24th, that's so far away. Crying or Very sad
robot pie
Joining The Black Parade
robot pie
April 19th, 2008 at 09:13pm
gerardwayis_love:
MyWicketRomance:

My friend who went with me to the concert on the 17th said that when Mikey plays it looks like he is violently shaking his head like "no no no no no"

I forgot which song, I think it was Desert Song on the 18th, Frank was either kneeling or sitting down and playing. Ray had a stool =]
xLadyxOfxSorrowx
Killjoy
xLadyxOfxSorrowx
April 19th, 2008 at 09:37pm
TaraMCRmy:
I really hope they change the DVD date to earlier than June 24th, that's so far away. Crying or Very sad

June 24th!?! I heard it was the 22nd of April!
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
April 19th, 2008 at 09:37pm
Aaaw, that must've been an emotional song? it seems like it would be. :]

I wonder if there will be any MCR spawning while they're away. *el gaspo!*
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
April 19th, 2008 at 10:52pm
TaraMCRmy:

I wonder if there will be any MCR spawning while they're away. *el gaspo!*

Hahaha....maybe! Tehe
divineblindsoul
Fabulous Killjoy
divineblindsoul
April 19th, 2008 at 11:10pm
I wish I could have heard Desert Song. That would have been boss!

What are we going to do without them for 2 WHOLE YEARS!!!??!!?!?! (I agree though, they do deserve it with all of the hard work they've been putting in. But two years...at least we get a new CD out of it AND The Black Parade is Dead will come out too. It's good that we have things to look forward to! To keep us occupied!)

I miss them already.... *sniffle*
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
April 19th, 2008 at 11:33pm
I don't know what to do either. I'll be lost without them. Crying or Very sad
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
April 19th, 2008 at 11:35pm
^ for sure! I'm glad they released LOTMS while they were busy with all the Black Parade stuff, it really kept me busy I know that much. If the original date [April 22nd] hadn't been changed, just think...it would be here in 3 days. Crying or Very sad

But I suppose we shall wait.
xLadyxOfxSorrowx
Killjoy
xLadyxOfxSorrowx
April 20th, 2008 at 12:00am
^^ Ah, it was changed. See? I'm stupid. Lol. Smile But, oh, well. I can wait....kind of. Ho hum.
the constant.
Bulletproof Heart
the constant.
April 20th, 2008 at 12:01am
I'm still waiting for the band to officially announce the release date for the DVD 'cause all we have is rumors =/

oh and I believe he was kidding about the whole going away for two years, they've been saying only a 6-8 month break for a while now in interviews and such. No need to worry Wink

ahhhh man, I wish they would have played Desert Song on the 17th! Oh well, the show was fuckin amazing anyway. No complaints =) Oh and at the beginning of Give 'Em Hell, Kid, Gerard goes "Ladies and gentlemen, Mikey fuckin Way!" and there was a spot light on Mikey! =D
xLadyxOfxSorrowx
Killjoy
xLadyxOfxSorrowx
April 20th, 2008 at 12:15am
z i k e s !:
I'm still waiting for the band to officially announce the release date for the DVD 'cause all we have is rumors =/

oh and I believe he was kidding about the whole going away for two years, they've been saying only a 6-8 month break for a while now in interviews and such. No need to worry Wink

ahhhh man, I wish they would have played Desert Song on the 17th! Oh well, the show was fuckin amazing anyway. No complaints =) Oh and at the beginning of Give 'Em Hell, Kid, Gerard goes "Ladies and gentlemen, Mikey fuckin Way!" and there was a spot light on Mikey! =D

Ah. Double stupid. I heard two years...stupid me. *shakes head* Laughing
Well, better than. I can go to sleep in peace. Smile
Eunhyuk
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Eunhyuk
April 20th, 2008 at 01:34am
robot pie:
gerardwayis_love:
MyWicketRomance:

My friend who went with me to the concert on the 17th said that when Mikey plays it looks like he is violently shaking his head like "no no no no no"

I forgot which song, I think it was Desert Song on the 18th, Frank was either kneeling or sitting down and playing. Ray had a stool =]

i was also there on the 18th but i was in the balcony and i think it was fun in the pit Crying or Very sad i also forgot what song it was but i know it was acoustic. wait.. the only sang 1 song from b-side right?,i just remember heaven help us.

did anyone of you went by their buses after show on the 17th?, i went last night, but the bodyguards said that there's a curfew and they weren't doing autograph signing. i think we waited 15 mins and we already in a line and they said we should go home Crying or Very sad .. but i had fun!, i wish i went to the merch during david acosta's performance so that i could see bob.

edit: i also remember when gerard said that the 18th show was better than the 17th and the unicorn was mikey's favorite Naughty
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
April 20th, 2008 at 02:21am
Well when my mom and I were looking for the parking lot we reserved a space for, we passed up all the buses 3 times. Lol, I didn't see anybody though. When we went by the last time, they started putting up barricades I think, ot so it looked. I wanted to go hide in MCR's bus and then pop out after they left for their next show. XD Wouldn't that be lovely?

Anyway, BOO on Gerard saying the 18th was better than the 17th!
Ahaha, it was probably because they all got gifts. :O
Just kidding. I'm waiting for them to give out the official
DVD release date too, that's when I'll REALLY believe it.
Because if they say it's out 'soon', wouldn't that NOT be in 2 months? :/
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
April 20th, 2008 at 02:17pm
Oh, and did you guys hear [on the 17th] when Gerard started singing 'Home On The Range?'

Hooome home oooon the raaange, where the deeeaar and the antelope plaaay...

XD
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
April 20th, 2008 at 02:44pm
imn0tokei:

did anyone of you went by their buses after show on the 17th?, i went last night, but the bodyguards said that there's a curfew and they weren't doing autograph signing. i think we waited 15 mins and we already in a line and they said we should go home Crying or Very sad .. but i had fun!, i wish i went to the merch during david acosta's performance so that i could see bob.

edit: i also remember when gerard said that the 18th show was better than the 17th and the unicorn was mikey's favorite Naughty

So they never came out to sign things on the 18th? Well I guess I feel a little better then. I was so sad because I thought they would probably come out and my mom would NOT let me go wait for them.
But I wish you could have been there too to meet Bob! Maybe you would have noticed him unlike the other 20 people there that didn't notice him..haha.
Edit: Does anyone know who that girl is that Gerard dedicated Give Em Hell Kid to on the 18th? I think he said her name was Tara maybe...and we should all say hi to her.