Don't have an account? Create one!

04/17/2008 + 04/18/2008 - Chicago, IL - Congress Theater

AuthorMessage
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
April 20th, 2008 at 05:13pm
^ O_O my name is Tara. XD

Except I wasn't there the 18th, but I got to on the 17th for my birthday.
And that's one of my favorite songs ever by them, so that's a weird coincidence.
Eunhyuk
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Eunhyuk
April 20th, 2008 at 05:41pm
^ That was cool if the name was really Tara. it was like a birthday present to you Wink

gerardwayis_love:
imn0tokei:

did anyone of you went by their buses after show on the 17th?, i went last night, but the bodyguards said that there's a curfew and they weren't doing autograph signing. i think we waited 15 mins and we already in a line and they said we should go home Crying or Very sad .. but i had fun!, i wish i went to the merch during david acosta's performance so that i could see bob.

edit: i also remember when gerard said that the 18th show was better than the 17th and the unicorn was mikey's favorite Naughty

So they never came out to sign things on the 18th? Well I guess I feel a little better then. I was so sad because I thought they would probably come out and my mom would NOT let me go wait for them.
But I wish you could have been there too to meet Bob! Maybe you would have noticed him unlike the other 20 people there that didn't notice him..haha.
Edit: Does anyone know who that girl is that Gerard dedicated Give Em Hell Kid to on the 18th? I think he said her name was Tara maybe...and we should all say hi to her.

They did not sign anything. i thought i would have a chance to meet them face to face. but oh well.
yeah, maybe i would have recognized him. but how was that possible that they did not recognize bob?
im not sure about the name but i thought the name was like Tori or Lori. but i shouted Lori i think. Laughing
the constant.
Bulletproof Heart
the constant.
April 20th, 2008 at 06:01pm
TaraMCRmy:
Oh, and did you guys hear [on the 17th] when Gerard started singing 'Home On The Range?'

Hooome home oooon the raaange, where the deeeaar and the antelope plaaay...

XD
He sang Home On The Range? I only remember James and Gerard singing Home Sweet Home [which I caught on my phone =)] and James started out and everyone was laughing and then Gerard finsihed up and went right into Cancer...you know, he probably sang Home On The Range and I just forgot about it, because I forgot about them playing The Sharpest Lives until this morning.
robot pie
Joining The Black Parade
robot pie
April 20th, 2008 at 06:13pm
I also thought Gerard said the girls name was Torri(sp?) but my Dad met Bob's mom on the 17th show and she said that they were doing a meet and great on Thursday, but she didn't invite us.. =( so I'm guessing thats why they didn't come outside until very late on the 17th
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
April 20th, 2008 at 06:21pm
aw darn, i had my hoped up high. :[ haha, oh well.

Oh yes, he did sing Home on the Range [and Home Sweet Home], but there was just one part between songs that he busted out in Home on the Range, my mom and I were singing it with him and I was laughing. The things he comes up with sometimes.
robot pie
Joining The Black Parade
robot pie
April 20th, 2008 at 07:02pm
I started laughing sooo hard when he was talking about cowgirls and cowboys. YEEHAWW.
the constant.
Bulletproof Heart
the constant.
April 20th, 2008 at 07:09pm
^ Ah, I see. I might have actually gotten that on my phone...

Do any of you guys remember (on the 17th), when Prison was starting, Gerard went "let me hear y'all justify!" and no one did anything when he held out the mic, then he made a face and shook his head? Then he said it again, but this time when he held out the mic, everyone went nuts. Then he did it one or two more times before the song started =D Oh Gerard...
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
April 20th, 2008 at 08:42pm
Yup I remember that, I hardly had an idea was going on and was exausted though. Thought it was really funny when nobody did anything. I didn't care, I was saving my energy cause I was using everything I had just to keep my friends together and alive. ~ Rex
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
April 20th, 2008 at 09:27pm
Oh I remember that. XD I couldn't really hear what he was saying by that point, but then I was just screaming after he said something and held the mic out. Sorry Gerard! Haha. What did he say again about it being Bob's hometown? I thought someone posted that quote earlier in this thread, but I couldn't find it. :[ I know he said that and then said something like "that means it's our hometown too!" or something like that. Razz
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
April 21st, 2008 at 10:10am
TaraMCRmy:
Well when my mom and I were looking for the parking lot we reserved a space for, we passed up all the buses 3 times. Lol, I didn't see anybody though. When we went by the last time, they started putting up barricades I think, ot so it looked.

I was BEYOND PISSED that after paying $15 to park in the venue lot, I had to pay another $20 to leave our car where we had parked originally because we couldn't find the lot, and when we did we were turned away because it didn't open until 5:30 -- half an hour after the doors. I paid almost as much for parking as I did for my ticket. The venue is set up very poorly in that respect. They need to tell people that before they sell spots.
aLittleKILLjoy
Killjoy
aLittleKILLjoy
April 21st, 2008 at 10:49am
I was there with my husband on the 17th and got trampled and elbowed and severely dehydrated and almost died but it was so worth it. I can't seem to keep up with the kids in the front like I used to, especially after this girl I helped lift out kicked me in the head on the way out and then got my knee and ankle stomped on. Boo. Had to drag myself out for safety.

Someone said something about them not playing "Disenchanted". I thought they played it, but sometimes I get that song confused with "Sleep" so now I'm not sure. But they did play "Sleep", which made me happy ^_^ As well as all the b-sides and "Headfirst for Halos", though I only caught the end of it since my husband dragged me out to the smoking section for air and water before I passed out. So pissed that I missed "My Way Home is Through You". Grrr.

My MCR fix has been quieted for now...what the fuck am I talking about??? It'll never be satisfied!!! RAWR!!!

And sorry to the girl who's hair was in my face and I probably kept accidentally pulling and also eating, which was kinda gross, but you were right, at least it did smell nice ^^
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
April 21st, 2008 at 06:20pm
Well apparantly that Tori or Lori girl came all the way from Hawaii. At least thats what I think he said.
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
April 21st, 2008 at 10:19pm
Oh and by the way, does anyone remember the setlist from the 18th? I can't remember it at all.
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
April 21st, 2008 at 10:43pm
psychochip:
TaraMCRmy:
Well when my mom and I were looking for the parking lot we reserved a space for, we passed up all the buses 3 times. Lol, I didn't see anybody though. When we went by the last time, they started putting up barricades I think, ot so it looked.

I was BEYOND PISSED that after paying $15 to park in the venue lot, I had to pay another $20 to leave our car where we had parked originally because we couldn't find the lot, and when we did we were turned away because it didn't open until 5:30 -- half an hour after the doors. I paid almost as much for parking as I did for my ticket. The venue is set up very poorly in that respect. They need to tell people that before they sell spots.

Oh! And about the so-called 'parking lot', my mom is going to e-mail those people and tell them how bad their service, or lack thereof, was. And they were ignorant too. They wouldn't give us our money back either, the guy said we could get our money back by finding him at the doors of the Theater but he would be wearing a 'security' shirt with black pants, which...as if we could find him in a crowd of people, it was obvious he was lying. And we didn't look for him anyway. Stupid ass. :[

Haha, anyway, still getting over post-concert depression x_x

Edit: They made you pay $15? They only made us pay $10. Somehow I think that whole thing was a scam of some sort, what a rip.
Eunhyuk
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Eunhyuk
April 21st, 2008 at 10:50pm
gerardwayis_love:
Oh and by the way, does anyone remember the setlist from the 18th? I can't remember it at all.

venom
sharpest lives
heaven help us
dead!
hang 'em high
WTTBP
i dont love you
thi is how i disappear
prison
mama
head first for halos
teenagers
house of wolves
give 'em hell kid
sleep
helena
cancer
desert song
im not okay
famous last words

that's the order of songs in my cellphone coz i recorded it. im not sure though if i missed some songs. did they sing disenchanted?, i can't remember.
Eunhyuk
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Eunhyuk
April 21st, 2008 at 10:52pm
TaraMCRmy:
psychochip:
TaraMCRmy:

Oh! And about the so-called 'parking lot', my mom is going to e-mail those people and tell them how bad their service, or lack thereof, was. And they were ignorant too. They wouldn't give us our money back either, the guy said we could get our money back by finding him at the doors of the Theater but he would be wearing a 'security' shirt with black pants, which...as if we could find him in a crowd of people, it was obvious he was lying. And we didn't look for him anyway. Stupid ass. :[

Haha, anyway, still getting over post-concert depression x_x

Edit: They made you pay $15? They only made us pay $10. Somehow I think that whole thing was a scam of some sort, what a rip.

where was that so called "parking lot" and how did you know about it? t'was really a scam..

who bought merch?
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
April 21st, 2008 at 10:55pm
It was supposedly at Chase school, or so said the directions. We got there, and the guy said that we couldn't park there because it was 'report card pickup day'. The lot was tiny anyway, no way it would've fit many cars.

I bought the 'Black Parade Is Dead!' hoodie, and a short-sleeved t-shirt for $10 from some lady selling them outside the Theater. It's neat-looking. Very Happy
the constant.
Bulletproof Heart
the constant.
April 21st, 2008 at 11:07pm
imn0tokei:
who bought merch?
I got the T. ORO shirt and my friend got the tour shirt =)
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
April 21st, 2008 at 11:19pm
^ i so wanted that Toro shirt, aaahh. And the 'Mikey Fuckin Way' one. They just have the best merch.
Eunhyuk
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Eunhyuk
April 21st, 2008 at 11:27pm
oh. that was the big school near congress right? there was a parking lot somewhere infront of congress but it was reserved for some store. my parents parked there because they did not stay for long.

i also bought he Black Parade is Dead hoodie, the messenger bag and the Mikey Fuckin Way shirt. but i have no clue where to wear the shirt. I think i saw that shirt outside. that's not the one with a colorful My Chemical Romance right?, you know like the "My Chemical" was color red and the "Romance" was green.

i was thinkin about buying the T. Oro but i did not have enough money left.