Don't have an account? Create one!

04/17/2008 + 04/18/2008 - Chicago, IL - Congress Theater

AuthorMessage
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
April 21st, 2008 at 11:33pm
There were two shirts, I think that was the long-sleeved one. This one has 'My Chemical Romance' in white [well, the 'Chemical' part is in red] with what looks like blood or something coming down, and a little dude hanging down from a rope or something. Hard to explain, lol, then the back has this little almost Chinese-looking design character on it. I'll take a picture tomorrow and post it here. Razz
TRAGICaffair xx
Thinking Happy Thoughts
TRAGICaffair xx
April 21st, 2008 at 11:48pm
i got THE END shirt, i thought it said come one come all to this tragic affair under it but it didnt haha.
but its still really cute.
i was dissapointed on how they didnt have that much this tour :[
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
April 22nd, 2008 at 05:57pm
TRAGICaffair xx:
i got THE END shirt, i thought it said come one come all to this tragic affair under it but it didnt haha.
but its still really cute.
i was dissapointed on how they didnt have that much this tour :[

Yeah.
I wanted a poster.Sad

TaraMCRmy:
It was supposedly at Chase school, or so said the directions. We got there, and the guy said that we couldn't park there because it was 'report card pickup day'. The lot was tiny anyway, no way it would've fit many cars.

I bought the 'Black Parade Is Dead!' hoodie, and a short-sleeved t-shirt for $10 from some lady selling them outside the Theater. It's neat-looking. Very Happy

Haha. Thats where we parked. I don't think they opened it until like 4:30 though, because my mom kept driving around looking for it until I finally asked if I could just go get in line.
Stupid parking.
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
April 22nd, 2008 at 06:59pm
Yeah, we got there about 5:20, but they still wouldn't let us
park in there, so we parked on the curb instead right in front of it. Razz I
made my mom read the sign above us a million times to make
sure the car didn't get towed. Shocked
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
April 22nd, 2008 at 10:39pm
So does anyone remember Gerard saying "Jazz Hands!!" on the 18th? Because I seem to. I remember everyone did them too, right away...rolling on floor
I love that man...how I miss them all already. Crying or Very sad
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
April 22nd, 2008 at 11:18pm
^ Geez, it sounds like Gerard was more Gerard on stage on the 18th than the 17th, XD

silly Gee. Did Frank move around a lot on the 18th?
Eunhyuk
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Eunhyuk
April 23rd, 2008 at 12:09am
^ the thing is.. i was focused on gerard and mikey. coz they were at the middle and frank was at the side. Crying or Very sad

TaraMCRmy:
Hard to explain, lol, then the back has this little almost Chinese-looking design character on it. I'll take a picture tomorrow and post it here. Razz

i think the chinese character looks good.lol

gerardwayis_love:
So does anyone remember Gerard saying "Jazz Hands!!" on the 18th? Because I seem to. I remember everyone did them too, right away...rolling on floor
I love that man...how I miss them all already. Crying or Very sad

ohh i didn't hear him say that. was he singing that time?
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
April 24th, 2008 at 09:54pm
Did anyone get photos?
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
April 24th, 2008 at 09:59pm
I got some crappy ones on my phone, nothing worth looking at though.

But, there is this incredible photographer named Steve Mitchell, who
has pictures on this site. Very Happy They're real great, too.
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
April 25th, 2008 at 11:36pm
imn0tokei:

ohh i didn't hear him say that. was he singing that time?

It was after one of the songs...My friend seems to remember him saying "No jazz hands, get your fists up!" lol. Maybe I heard him wrong, but I definitely had my jazz hands up. Haha where were you standing?
Eunhyuk
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Eunhyuk
April 26th, 2008 at 12:48am
^ how come i didn't hear that part?, maybe i just didn't understand him.lol.
i was standing at the balcony..i wish i were in the pit, but i know that i couldn't stay there.
how about you, where were you standing?
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
April 26th, 2008 at 01:02am
imn0tokei:
who bought merch?

I really liked the Medusa one cause I have snakes and thought the show dates were cool. Only thing I didn't like was the crazy script, then I found out it was long sleeved. So I decided on the "I Survived the Black Parade" shirt. No dates but at least it has the original MCR logo. It wasn't till after I was in the pit for four hours did I truly understand the slogan's meaning lol.

psychochip:
Did anyone get photos?

I got two good ones on my phone. One of the entire band about 1/3 the way through (Kill All Your Friends maybe) and one of Gerard during Cancer. I'll post um as soon as my friend can upload them seeing as I don't have the softwear. ~ Rex
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
April 26th, 2008 at 01:20am
imn0tokei:
i was standing at the balcony..i wish i were in the pit, but i know that i couldn't stay there.

I was in the crowd, but to the left side of the stage so I wasn't in the pit but I was still pretty close to the guys. I kept pushing my way forward and I nearly made it to the barrier by the end. It was so cool being able to see the guys up close for once! Especially when someone threw something and it knocked down the mic stand and everyone up there was like WTH? and laughing Very Happy
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
April 26th, 2008 at 09:44am
Thanks for that photo link. We were stage left, security let us stand with them, they were so nice. We had a crystal clear view of the entire stage for the whole show, but I didn't bring a camera, and even if I had, I wouldn't have whipped it out right next to security. They were bending the rules letting us stand where we were, I wouldn't have flaunted it.
Eunhyuk
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Eunhyuk
April 27th, 2008 at 03:39am
gerardwayis_love:
imn0tokei:

I was in the crowd, but to the left side of the stage so I wasn't in the pit but I was still pretty close to the guys. I kept pushing my way forward and I nearly made it to the barrier by the end. It was so cool being able to see the guys up close for once! Especially when someone threw something and it knocked down the mic stand and everyone up there was like WTH? and laughing Very Happy

really?, you're lucky!, was there a lot of pushing when you were at the barrier? when i was at the balcony i can barely see their face i could just see their moves. thats all. Crying or Very sad
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
April 27th, 2008 at 11:10am
really?, you're lucky!, was there a lot of pushing when you were at the barrier? when i was at the balcony i can barely see their face i could just see their moves. thats all.

Dude you don't know how lucky you are....I'll bet you saw most if not all of the show. I was in the pit and yes we did get rather close at the end (about 5 people away) but I only heard about 5 songs. And it was nice seeing the actual people, but exaustion thirst and pushing all around us kinda took away from my enjoyment. Next time, I'm gonna try as hard as possible to get a balcony seat. ~ Rex
the constant.
Bulletproof Heart
the constant.
April 27th, 2008 at 02:26pm
Okay, this is really late, but I think I've got the right setlist for the 17th =) I used the recordings on my phone and what you guys think the setlist was to come up with this:

This Is How I Disappear
House of Wolves
I Don’t Love You
((Dead!
The Sharpest Lives
Welcome to the Black Parade
My Way Home Is Through You))
Hang ‘Em High
Headfirst For Halos
Kill All Your Friends
I Never Told You What I Do For A Living
Heaven Help Us
Mama
I’m Not Okay
Sleep
You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison
Teenagers
Famous Last Words
Home Sweet Home {Motley Crue cover}
Cancer
--encore--
Vampires Will Never Hurt You {piano version}
Give ‘Em Hell, Kid
Desolation Row {Bob Dylan cover}
Helena

The ones in parentheses might be in the wrong order, but I know that they played them in between I Don't Love You and Hang 'Em High.
So what do you guys think? Did I get it right?
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
April 27th, 2008 at 02:51pm
^^ That's pretty much what I remember, in about the order that I remember. We heard them play several songs, including Thank You For The Venom, during rehearsal/sound check (we were behind the theater near the stage door, security let us sit there during it all, again, they were really nice to us because we were nice to them) but they didn't play it at the show. I'm glad I got to hear it in rehearsal though. Very Happy
the constant.
Bulletproof Heart
the constant.
April 27th, 2008 at 03:19pm
psychochip:
^^ That's pretty much what I remember, in about the order that I remember. We heard them play several songs, including Thank You For The Venom, during rehearsal/sound check (we were behind the theater near the stage door, security let us sit there during it all, again, they were really nice to us because we were nice to them) but they didn't play it at the show. I'm glad I got to hear it in rehearsal though. Very Happy
Whoa! Lucky! I wanted them to play Venom =/ But me and my friend swear we heard them sound checking while we were in line. Of course, everyone was talking so we couldn't be sure that it was them.
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
April 27th, 2008 at 04:22pm
^^^ That seems about right to me, too. Very Happy Thanks for that, I hate when I forget the order. I really love how they used Helena as the encore, that made me happy. I still miss them so much, aaahh. I can but can't wait for them to come back, mostly because they NEED a break so desperately.