Don't have an account? Create one!

04/17/2008 + 04/18/2008 - Chicago, IL - Congress Theater

AuthorMessage
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
April 27th, 2008 at 06:43pm
zikes!:
The ones in parentheses might be in the wrong order, but I know that they played them in between I Don't Love You and Hang 'Em High.
So what do you guys think? Did I get it right?

Thats the most complete set list I've come across. The only critique I have is I think Hang'Em High came before My Way Home Is Through You. I might be wrong, but I had a hell of a time during WTTBP and pretty much missed all the "Carry ons." I remember resting and catching my breath afterwords during a song I didn't know. Who knows maybe my memory is screwy. ~ Rex
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
April 27th, 2008 at 08:11pm
imn0tokei:

really?, you're lucky!, was there a lot of pushing when you were at the barrier? when i was at the balcony i can barely see their face i could just see their moves. thats all. Crying or Very sad

No, It actually wasn't bad at all! I was on the side, so thats probably why it wasn't so bad. I had to stand on my tiptoes a lot though. And I'm 5'6'', so I'm not that short...But it was really amazing, because it was my first time being that close to the guys! If you saw a purple boa, that was me..hahaha
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
April 27th, 2008 at 08:17pm
TaraMCRmy:
^^^ That seems about right to me, too. Very Happy Thanks for that, I hate when I forget the order. I really love how they used Helena as the encore, that made me happy. I still miss them so much, aaahh. I can but can't wait for them to come back, mostly because they NEED a break so desperately.

Yes, I agree they need a break.
But parting is such sweet sorrow..Crying or Very sad
They will be missed so very much..I'm sure they know. But when they come back, they'll be all happy and rested!
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
April 29th, 2008 at 05:49pm
Aww the thread is dying Sad
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
April 29th, 2008 at 05:56pm
It needs life!

But I was on my tiptoes the whole time too [i'm 5'5"], st00pid really tall guys D: so the day after, my calves hurt so effing bad, rofl. i need to exercise more.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
April 29th, 2008 at 06:55pm
Hey I can't help it if I'm a foot taller than you! lol. Believe me I was pissed; right as the show started I was behind a dude who was like 6'10"...I couldn't believe it the ONE guy who could block my view was standing DIRECTLY in front of me. Lucky he got caught in the undertow of the pit and wound up behind me.....

I'm all for keeping this thread alive, any more pics or vids? I was quite vocal the entire show so if anyone has any footage between songs I'd be interested if my friends or myself were on them. ~ Rex
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
April 29th, 2008 at 07:35pm
^ Aah! I think I saw that dude, did he have a mohawk? I only saw his silhouette though, and was like 'dang, he's super tall!' he probably demolished all those kids in the pit though. xD I'm going to go surfing youtube for some more videos and I'll post them here, we can't let his thread reach the botttooooomm.

Edit::

Okay, you guys probably have seen these, but I'm going to post some of them. :]

Rofl @ Gerard's dancing! [Teenagers]

Gee singing Vampires with James playing keyboard, goes into Give 'Em Hell, Kid [Vampires is so good it gives me shivers]
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
April 29th, 2008 at 09:18pm
Was watching a nice vid of Cancer from the 17th and just about feel out of my seat when halfway through someone screams "I LOVE YOU" cause that is totally my friend Stephanie lol. ~ Rex
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
April 29th, 2008 at 09:27pm
If that was your friend, I think we were standing near her. She yelled it several times throughout the show.
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
April 29th, 2008 at 09:28pm
Are you serious?! LMAO. Was she the same person that screamed "HAVE MY BABIES!!!!!!!" too? I thought that was extremely creepy. Shocked
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
April 29th, 2008 at 09:38pm
I don't know. I know my friend and I openly mocked a "HAVE MEH BEBBEZ!" chick and got a dirty look from her dad. I then pointed out that she was a minor asking a 31 year old to father a child with her. They moved after that.
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
April 29th, 2008 at 09:45pm
Rofl!! Well, they should learn better..I'm surprised her dad didn't give her the dirty look for saying things like that. But if you listen to that video, it's a desperate "HAVEMYBABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!". xD If I had heard that at the concert, I would've been pissed, but because I hold that song close to my heart. <3
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
April 29th, 2008 at 10:48pm
TaraMCRmy:
Are you serious?! LMAO. Was she the same person that screamed "HAVE MY BABIES!!!!!!!" too? I thought that was extremely creepy.

Yes it was creepy, but it wasn't Stephanie. She did yell "I LOVE YOU" at least five times though. In the beguining, right after she said it I yelled back "SHE LOVES YOU!" it be great if that was on tape some where. I'm also the one who yelled "F*** Yeah!" when Gerard said something bout Bob Dyan, to bad I didn't know the song they covered. ~ Rex
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
April 30th, 2008 at 06:49am
^^ It was Desolation Row, and they did an amazing job of it, by the way. I always wondered what the fuck Dylan was saying in that song, or any of his songs for that matter. MUMBLER!

Where were you standing? We were stage left up with security, just off the floor. They let us stand there as a favor so we could see. They were wicked nice. If your friend was the I LOVE YOU screamer that was by the stage left bar, we were pretty close to you.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
April 30th, 2008 at 04:05pm
I know the following Dylan songs and think they all rock:
The Times They Are A Changin
Like A Rollin Stone
All Along The Watchtower
Please Come Crawl Out Your Window
With God On Our Side

I couldn't really hear the song, and was confused if whether it was a MCR song and Gerard was just being sarcastic or if it really was a Dylan Cover. Only afterwards did I find out it was called "Desolation Row." Can you beleive it?! I had a Dylan CD waiting for me at the library the day of the show, had I gone to pick it up I would have known the dang song!

psychochip:
Where were you standing? We were stage left up with security, just off the floor. They let us stand there as a favor so we could see. They were wicked nice. If your friend was the I LOVE YOU screamer that was by the stage left bar, we were pretty close to you.

We started about half way in the pit but by the end of the show, Caner/Helena, we were about five people away from the stage dead center. Thats one thing that lead me to believe its my friend on the vid cause the people with the footage had a very similar view as ours. ~ Rex
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
April 30th, 2008 at 05:20pm
^ Haha I think I was right behind you, we were smack in the middle about a couple peopled from the pit. We were all by each other! How weird. I was the only person I saw with 'INO' on my arm :[
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
April 30th, 2008 at 06:48pm
^ Haha thats great, I'm sorry I don't really have a memory of anyone behind me, esspecially the army of (I'm sorry its true) tiny girls. Did I help you get you where you were going at any time? I remeber helping out alot of shorties which felt really good even though I was missing the music. Anyway I don't know if it will help, but I'm pretty sure I can say I was the only one wearing green jeans seeing as they're hand made. During "Heaven Help Us, I"m Not Okay, and Mamma I pretty much freaked out. I'd point at random people and sing them the lyrics, if you saw me lol. During "Whats the worst I could say?" I turned around and made a "What" motion with my arms....it would be way cool if we could remember each other. ~ Rex
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
April 30th, 2008 at 09:16pm
Gosh I can't believe its only been a week and a half since I saw them. It seems like forever. Does anyone have any vids or pics from the 18th?
edit: Page Claim- Gerard's dancing totally owns...
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
April 30th, 2008 at 11:18pm
Rofl, I love his chicken dances.

I don't remember seeing green jeans, but I think I might've seen you during the Helena part, XD. I was singing with random people around me, but there were mostly girls around me minus this one dad guy who looked like my english teacher. But anyway, that's what I love about these concerts, I love singing with people, even if that sounds cheesy. It's almost like they're you're friend for the day. During 'Famous Last Words', holy crap dude. That had to be one of the most energetic songs they played with the audience's reactions, no joke. It was like magic, I swear everyone was belting out their souls.

I think there's a couple of videos on youtube from the 18th, I'll go find them and post them here. :]

Edit: According to the people commenting this vid on youtube, it's from the 18th. Very Happy

[lol@them wearing the same clothes as the day before, xD silly rockstars.]

That's the only one i could find. :[
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
April 30th, 2008 at 11:31pm
I don't remember any english teacher, but I did bodyserf a dude who was like 60...and one with out a shirt....Yeah, figures nobody could see my pants in the pit. I dyed um just for the event so I'd stand out (and cause I wanted F'in Green Jeans)....even though they were only visable before and afterwards I felt special. Yes FLW was undiscribalbly amazing, to bad I was kinda out of it ~ I tried sining along, it didn't work untill I realized I was singing the chours to Teenagers. But yeah if there was any time of the night I was close to crying it was then, its just to inspiring. So great that we all can find meaning in such a message. ~ Rex