Don't have an account? Create one!

04/17/2008 + 04/18/2008 - Chicago, IL - Congress Theater

AuthorMessage
the constant.
Bulletproof Heart
the constant.
May 1st, 2008 at 05:18pm
TaraMCRmy:
Edit: According to the people commenting this vid on youtube, it's from the 18th. Very Happy

[lol@them wearing the same clothes as the day before, xD silly rockstars.]

That's the only one i could find. :[
Hm, I swear that video is from the 17th...it looks very similar to the one posted on the other page (but from a different place in the crowd, obviously). But I could totally be wrong. I'll post some more videos from youtube in a sec =)
the constant.
Bulletproof Heart
the constant.
May 1st, 2008 at 05:24pm
Hang 'Em High

Gerard talking (cowboys and cowgirls Tehe)

Gerard talking (a whole new album full of cowboy songs)

the constant.
Bulletproof Heart
the constant.
May 1st, 2008 at 05:35pm
Kill All Your Friends

end of Cancer (with the whole "have my babies" thing)

sorry if any of these have already been posted =)
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
May 2nd, 2008 at 08:28am
Sigh. That's so tacky, during Cancer of all songs.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall during a post-concert chat. I wonder what they talk about.
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
May 3rd, 2008 at 01:59am
That would seriously be so fun to listen to. Honestly, I was actually
just wondering this the other day, just what do bands say after their
performances if anything? I hate to say it, but it did piss me off a bit
that that girl would scream that out during Cancer, [and of all songs, as you said]. I was too busy bawling my eyeballs out to actually hear it live,
though. xD

I also just realized that they don't play To The End live very much, do they? At least not from all the live recordings I've heard, and believe me...I've heard tons, I have one song on my ipod of them singing it live and it's wonderful. Wish they'd do it more often.
the constant.
Bulletproof Heart
the constant.
May 3rd, 2008 at 10:03am
TaraMCRmy:
I also just realized that they don't play To The End live very much, do they? At least not from all the live recordings I've heard, and believe me...I've heard tons, I have one song on my ipod of them singing it live and it's wonderful. Wish they'd do it more often.
I was thinking the same thing =/ I really adore To The End and I wanted them to play it, even though I knew they wouldn't.
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
May 3rd, 2008 at 04:53pm
TaraMCRmy:

Edit: According to the people commenting this vid on youtube, it's from the 18th. Very Happy

teeenagers

[lol@them wearing the same clothes as the day before, xD silly rockstars.]

That's the only one i could find. :[

Ohhh...that's ok. Yeah, It's really hard to tell whether they are from the 17th or 18th. I have a couple vids on my camera but they are useless. Haha. Thankk you though! So, I can't believe it's only been 2 weeks. Crying or Very sad I miss them so much! I swear, I will never be satisfied. I will always be wanting to see them just one more time...which makes my mother very angry...haha
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
May 3rd, 2008 at 04:58pm
z i k e s !:
I was thinking the same thing =/ I really adore To The End and I wanted them to play it, even though I knew they wouldn't.

That would be amazing. And Cemetary Drive. I've always wanted to see that live.
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
May 3rd, 2008 at 11:19pm
^ Ooh yeah, and Jetset! That's one of my very very very favorites on Revenge, probably my favorite to headbang to. Lol

I wish there were more videos from the 18th also, I'd like to see
what I missed [including the unicorn + mikey thing xD]. And
same here, it really feels like it has been months since they were
last here. :[ Now that my mom saw what she had been missing,
hopefully she'll take me to more gigs the next time they come
around.
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
May 3rd, 2008 at 11:37pm
Haha. I wish I had a cool mom. My mom hates concerts. She always makes me feel guilty when she takes me to them because she hates it...bah. I miss them so much. I can't wait to get TPID though, hopefully I can get my mom to pre-order it for me..And the Mikey unicorn thing was adorable. I wish I would have thought to throw a unicorn on the stage. I even have a stuffed unicorn...lmao. Next time....
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 4th, 2008 at 12:31am
Yeah I'm lucky to have two cool parents. They're both really into rock and have been taking me to concerts since before I can remember. MCR is really the only contemporary music I listen to and they are quite respectful and like hearing about it. They were really glad I got to see them live, they were a bit apprehensive at first cause chicago is a long drive, but when we decided to have an adult drive they were fine.

OK this is a stupid question, but humor me, I've only been into MCR for a few months...What is with the whole unicorn thing with Mikey? I thought it was funny at the concert but felt shut out from an inside joke. Thanks ~ Rex
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 5th, 2008 at 04:41pm
Where'd everybody go!? Sad
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
May 5th, 2008 at 06:39pm
I'm here, don't worry!
And I'm pretty sure the joke is that Mikey just likes unicorns. haha. Don't feel left out!
the constant.
Bulletproof Heart
the constant.
May 5th, 2008 at 06:59pm
KingRex:
OK this is a stupid question, but humor me, I've only been into MCR for a few months...What is with the whole unicorn thing with Mikey? I thought it was funny at the concert but felt shut out from an inside joke. Thanks ~ Rex
That's not a stupid question! I don't know exactly when it all started, but I think it was during the Revenge-era [like 2005]. I've seen pictures of Mikey wearing this unicorn pin and I've seen a quote or two from him saying how maybe unicorns do exsist x] so yeah, gerardwayis_love is right, I think it's that he just likes unicorns.
the constant.
Bulletproof Heart
the constant.
May 5th, 2008 at 07:02pm
gerardwayis_love:
That would be amazing. And Cemetary Drive. I've always wanted to see that live.
oh me too dude! I really would have loved hearing Skylines And Turnstiles & The Ghost Of You as well...but that's just wishful thinking =]
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 5th, 2008 at 08:26pm
z i k e s !:
The Ghost Of You as well...but that's just wishful thinking

oh God that would be amazing! I'm just pissed at myself cause I only downloaded the rest of Revenge two days ago and there are so many great songs that I missed on the 17th! Hang'um High is my new favorite song and I totally remember getting some much needed rest during the concert....Arggg!

Do you guys remember seeing Gerard jerking the microphone off (most discreat I'm gonna get)? I sure don't but I heard about it afterwards.

My God, I right after the show I remember thinking "Well thats enough of the pit for me!" but now I don't even care, I'd go back in a heart beat. Although I would like to see what the balcony is like. ~ Rex
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
May 5th, 2008 at 10:23pm
[quote="KingRex"

Do you guys remember seeing Gerard jerking the microphone off (most discreat I'm gonna get)? I sure don't but I heard about it afterwards.
[/quote]

lmfao. I wonder how my mom would've taken that if he did do that/if she had seen it. I can't even imagine. o_o
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 6th, 2008 at 12:05am
TaraMCRmy:
lmfao. I wonder how my mom would've taken that if he did do that/if she had seen it. I can't even imagine. o_o

Haha, so it did happen, cause I must have missed it... Could you give me a rough time frame of the "event" so I can have a better overall memory of the night?

Can't help but wonder, if your 18 why'd your mom go? Just curious really, this is my first concert without my parents and my first pit. I felt really bad for the parents I saw when the pit started to get crazy (which was pretty fast) they looked like they were struggling with themselves casue inside 49% wanted to run out and 51% wanted to make their kids happy. I fiugred they wanted to be cool parents and take their kids to concerts unlike the lame parents they had. But still, for you to stand in the pit, you really have to enjoy the music/want to be there. If I didn't I think I would have gone insane, lol. ~ Rex
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
May 6th, 2008 at 07:28am
Okay I'm totally going to sound like an old lady here, but honestly, I don't care.

Parents are not as clueless or as stupid as they seem. You can't tell me that every MCR teen fan has a parent who grew up on nothing but ABBA and Neil Diamond (ahem. Not that there's anything wrong with either of those) but my generation had PLENTY of hard rockers and our concerts had mosh pits too.

I hit my first mosh pit at 15 and I went with a guy friend from school. I went home with a black eye and a bloody nose, and my grandmother just shook her head and said, "What did we learn from this?" And I smiled and said "Not to be right up by the stage when the headliner comes on. I wanna do it again!" And I have. Several times. And I have a few more in me before I give it up. Very Happy (So it is true about the baby of the family having it easier than the first -- she'd already raised my mom and two aunts and my uncle before she adopted me; house rules were pretty much just "tell me where you're going, tell me when you'll be home, don't do drugs and don't get pregnant." )

I could just imagine my poor grandmother attempting that with me. There weren't any parents there, just the kids who liked the music. I'm all about parents being protective -- to a point. They cut that cord for a reason.

I went into the pit exactly once at the MCR show and got out of it quickly because I couldn't stand the parents who were trying to protect their kids. It's ridiculous. You have to know going in what it's going to be, even if your kids don't. If you're going to accompany a child to the show, either throw them in and let them learn, or keep them in the back or on the balcony. Don't harass every person who touches them -- they're going to get touched, kicked, hit, and probably much more if they're in a pit. Don't want that to happen to your perfect little treasure? Take them to Hannah Montana. Don't take them to MCR.

/rant.
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
May 6th, 2008 at 08:52am
^ xD well-spoken.

I brought my mom because she loves MCR [and I invited her, she bought me the tix for my birthday] and has wanted to see them for quite a long time, and I warned her multiple times that I was dragging her as far up as possible, and that we were most likely going to be near some sort of pit [which we were, and she really didn't care]. lol, she only got a few scraped and bruises on her legs from being so close to the moshers, but she said she was fine. There was only one moment where we both felt heat exhaustion come over us, and I was kinda worried she might pass out, but she got over it pretty quickly.

My mom loves Gee especially, and every once in a while when he said 'fuck' she'd go all 'watch your mouth, gerald!' on him. lmao.

Yeah, my mom rocks. Very Happy