Don't have an account? Create one!

04/17/2008 + 04/18/2008 - Chicago, IL - Congress Theater

AuthorMessage
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
May 12th, 2008 at 05:51pm
psychochip:
Well, I'm from Kissimmee, FL, so it was a 3 hour flight Orlando to Indianapolis (I had a layover in Atlanta) then a two-hour drive from West Lafayette to Chicago.

Definitely worth every minute, however.

Wow!
Just wondering, how come you chose to see them in Chicago? Sounds like a fun trip though. I had a 4 hour drive from where I live in southernish Wisconsin, so it wasn't too far for me.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 12th, 2008 at 06:52pm
^I know! We made excelent time from Milwaukee to Illinois but took another hour and a half to get into the city! Atleast we were able to get some rest.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
May 12th, 2008 at 08:10pm
I went to college at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, and one of my best friends still lives there, and it's about a 2 hour drive from her place to Chicago, not bad at all, the last time I saw MCR it was a 2 hour drive to Tampa, so the drive didn't bother me. I thought about going to Bamboozle or to MSG and staying with friends at either place, but I wanted to go to one of the smaller, more intimate venues, so Chicago it was! Very Happy (plus, it was great to see her, it had been a few years since we were able to get together, so seeing her was a huge plus.) There is a method to the madness, I promise.....
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
May 13th, 2008 at 08:45pm
^^Aww thats nice that you got to see your friend and MCR, all in the same trip. Smile

KingRex:
^I know! We made excelent time from Milwaukee to Illinois but took another hour and a half to get into the city! Atleast we were able to get some rest.

I know, the traffic was terrible!!! Disgust
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 13th, 2008 at 09:31pm
^ Did you see them in when they came to Milwaukee for the first lag of the BP tour? Thats pretty much my frist memory of them at all. I was at the Riverside for The New Cars (Which ROCKED by the way) and saw a poster for MCR and thought "Oh yeah, I saw them on SNL, they sang alot abot a marching band or something." I was pretty far away from going, but was shocked when I found out this girl in my chemistry class WASN"T, cause I knew she was a die hard fan. Funny, now with in the past year, I've become good friends with her and thats who I went and saw MCR with in April. Needless to say I'm a fan NOW. But I've scince wondered about what the show was like when they were here, to bad a can't reverse time and see it ~ Rex
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
May 13th, 2008 at 09:35pm
^ No I didn't go. Sad But I wanted to! I put off asking my parents for too long though and ended up having no one to go with anyway.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 13th, 2008 at 10:08pm
^Oh that sucks! My friends parents wouldn't let her go in Milwaukee, but for some reason they agreed this year to drive us down to Chicago!? Which was great, but I still can't get over them letting her go, most likely cause they had no idea what it was gonna be like.
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
May 17th, 2008 at 12:33am
Yeah, I didn't think it was a very good neighborhood, where the Congress was.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 17th, 2008 at 01:21am
- gives mouth-to mouth to thread -

^ Yeah I noticed that as well. We were all alittle aprehensive being in an aparent semi-hispanic ghetto. Esspecially cause ou home village is nicknamed "the Bubble." The pics on the site made it look/sound really classy, not so in real life. I was really exited when I saw the venue online, the whole thing looked so cool. When I got there it was a concrete shell without lights and a weird haze. Oh well still can't believe I saw MCR, periodically have to remined myself I was there.

Do you remember there was some kid that was helping people up who had fallen, Gerard noticed and then dedicated a song to him "cause your a fuckin cowboy"? Do you know what song that was?
the constant.
Bulletproof Heart
the constant.
May 17th, 2008 at 08:17am
KingRex:
Do you remember there was some kid that was helping people up who had fallen, Gerard noticed and then dedicated a song to him "cause your a fuckin cowboy"? Do you know what song that was?
Oh, he was helping people up? I just remember Gerard saying how that dude brought a Karate Kid headband and threw it on stage and that the song was dedicated to him "cause you're a fuckin cowboy"...I believe that was Hang 'Em High. But I could be wrong.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 17th, 2008 at 02:40pm
^ I remember that to, maybe it was the same time? Gerard was like, "I was watching you, you were helping people up, so lets here it now for this kid -Screams- now this song goes out to you" Wow, maybe I confussed two events together, I remember them both, I really don't know.
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
May 17th, 2008 at 05:52pm
Hahahaha. I thought that was for the kid bringing the headband too, but who knows. Because Gee went on a rant about where the headband went after he had lost it, xD. What I would give to have a time warp machine right now and go back to that show.

Yeah the neighborhood wasn't so spiffy, hahaha. My friend is going to the Panic At The Disco show at the Congress this coming Friday, I'm going to have to warn her about strange people...and gunshots. My mom and I heard one on the way to the car, but oddly enough I felt safe because it was a bunch of MCR fans walking down the street...we PWNED that street. Lol.

By the way, happy 1 month since the concert, guys!! <3
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 17th, 2008 at 07:46pm
^ Yep, and only a month to go before I'm in Hawaii and turn 17 Very Happy

The only reson I remember Gerard saying somthin bout the kid helping people up is cause I had been doing the same thing for the entire concert. That was one of the few times I really screamed with the crowd cause I wanted the kid to know he was pretty cool. Two bad I wasn't closer or I could have gotten some regognition too. What was it with the Karate head band? I never quite got that ~ Rex
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
May 17th, 2008 at 09:25pm
Some kid brought it, and I think Gerard saw it and asked to put it on, so he put it on around his neck. And then eventually it wound up on Mikey's head, then it got lost, xD. It was a Karate Kid bandanna, or so Gee said.

And, Hawaii?! iJealous, haha! Have fun. Bye
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 18th, 2008 at 03:15am
^ Oh I got that much, I just figured that there was more to it. Like maybe a reference to a song I didn't know or something. Guess not.

If there is one observation I made that night its this; All the guys - pretty coo,l nice people, who looked like members of society. Girls - Crazy Scary Deathness. I was really quite amazed. One time I got confused between which head was my friend stephanie, I got a look of this one chick's face and jumped back...I thought I looked death in the face! The worst part was her instentanious peicing glare of pain like "DON'T JUDGE ME THIS IS WHO I AM BECAUSE I WANT TO BE....I THINK" I feel thats the problem of becoming to much a fassion statement, you think everyone is out to judge you. Even if it was only a hapenstance glance.

Why thank you, and I will. Probably more so than you know. In short we're going for a friends birthday party which is gonna last a week and be like some kinda hawaiin woodstock. Can't think of a better place to have my golden birthday! ~ Rex
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
May 19th, 2008 at 06:59pm
^ Haha I saw a girl with a fairy costume on.
I laughed.
I felt strangly at home there, though. I like the feeling of being in a large group of people who are just as devoted to MCR as I am. In fact I love the feeling.
I'm so happy I met Bob too. I can't believe it. Even if I really didn't get to say anything but "Hi," he was still there, standing like 2 inches from me. He looked so amazing from close up. Almost like a normal person, which was the amazing thing....
/rant
bahaha
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 19th, 2008 at 10:25pm
^ Wow, Your lucky! Man I think my dream vacation would be if the guys were staying in some giant house on Kauai writing the new album right next to the one I'll be partying at. And I could be all "Hey, there's gonna be music 24/7...you guys are welcome to come, just say your guests of Rex" Yeah that usually seams to be the case with Celeb's. I can see how that would be an intense moment. I think if ever do meet MCR I'll be able to see them more as people because thats who they really are. One of the things that really got me to like them is how much they identify and respect there fans, cause they were all a bunch of nerds in high school too lol. Course if I was ever transported back in time and met Jimi Hendrix thats when I would let out a high piched squeal and pee may pants before I lose consciousness. ~ Rex
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
May 20th, 2008 at 01:54pm
Rex -- they are just people. Very Happy I have some celeb friends and have so many stories about people freaking out over them in public and causing scenes. One of my friends, I told him I would introduce him to my "dad" because he was a huge fan, and he freaked out at the last minute and wouldn't go up to him. He was standing there sweating and shaking and all "I can't, I can't do it" -- grown man, crying like a little fangirl. And I'm standing there embarrassed because George was asking where my friend was and I had to tell him that he pussied out and wouldn't come over.

Sigh .... that was not fun.

Whoop! Rex, you got your 20 pages! Laughing
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 20th, 2008 at 11:20pm
^ Oh God, can't help but wonder....you weren't friends with George Harrison were you? Cause then I think it would be appropriate to worship the ground you walk on lol. Yeah I got me some cool friends to. My dad was just one outgoing SOB in the 70's and got to know some interesting artists. Not to brag, but I've pretty much grown up with life backstage and have a rather extensive collection of comp tickets and passes. Its gets pretty weird when random people start recognizing you as "One of HIS friends" and then try to sweet talk you into getting them an autograph. Course we have made friends outta such people as well.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
May 21st, 2008 at 08:09am
Heh, that would be awesome but it's a comic book artist. Feel free to worship the ground I walk on anyway, it's good for the self-esteem. Very Happy

I get a lot of people try to sweet-talk me into one-on-one m&g outside of the booth (that was a huge request for Romita, Jr.), begging to come along to dinner (yeah, the last thing I want at a meal is to listen to some fanboy going on and on and on about what happened in issue 71 page 3 where the color was off by one and did you notice that because it totally screwed up the whole page and then in issue 84 when ... yeah, not so much) and my very favorites-- Can you give me their email? (no.) and: Can you give them my comic that I made so they can give it to their publisher? (no. They doesn't make publishing decisions, you can sign up for an official portfolio review at such and such.)

But I have made some dear friends from it as well -- usually the people who are talkative and nice and are just genuine fans willing to wait their turn and are happy to have someone to talk to in the interim.