Don't have an account? Create one!

04/08/2008 + 04/09/2008 - Portland, OR - Crystal Ballroom

AuthorMessage
PDXFan
Killjoy
PDXFan
April 3rd, 2008 at 06:17pm
I am new to this forum...I am going to the show on the 8th and also heading over to Dark Horse earlier in the day to see Gerard and get an autographed comic for a friend. Anyone else going?
http://www.darkhorse.com/
sonic death riot
Killjoy
sonic death riot
April 6th, 2008 at 05:45pm
I'm going to the TFAW signing. See you there =]
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
April 6th, 2008 at 06:34pm
Bobard:
Max Green:
Gangly.:
Im driving down from Seattle.
Gonna be the best spring break EVER

ME TOO! im so excited Clap
Same here! Though I was hoping for a Seattle date. :/ Oh well.

The place looks so tiny...I'm almost scared I'll be crushed. <_<

Guess what! So am I! lol!

Gerard just likes Portland better. Disgust
He said he wanted to move there remember? He did TUA signings there, remember?

He probably would've moved there if LynZ hadn't showed up.

I still think, somewhere on Capitol Hill, there's a nice house with his name on it...
Gangly.
Killjoy
Gangly.
April 6th, 2008 at 07:03pm
Amen. He SO belongs on Capitol Hill.
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
April 9th, 2008 at 03:32pm
Anyone else notice how nasally Gerard's voice was?
I think he had a cold.

To be honest I think everyone in MCR was pretty content because it was a smaller venue with less teenies and nobody tried to mob them or tackle them onstage.

I wish more people would've moshed though. All the older kids tried to but the little kids and parents didn't.

And I would like to say this right now that Gerard didn't do any of the crap people diss him for doing. He called us all "his birthday gift," he thanked all the people who had helped him with TUA, he invited one of the teccies (the one with the large beard who's been there since forever) to sing Teenagers, he gave Matt Cortez some of his water, and, at the very end, he told us that he enjoyed touring and, at the end of it all, he would be happy if MCR had inspired us to go out and create something.

On the other hand, he also called us a "bunch of fucking animals." XD
Mocker
Salute You in Your Grave
Mocker
April 9th, 2008 at 04:37pm
haha Sounds awesome! I cant wait for tonight.

Did they allow cameras?
Jet-Star
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Jet-Star
April 9th, 2008 at 09:45pm
hey guys, i am wondering if any of you guys have gone to a show on the tour and saw the merch. my friend went last night and since it was a school night my paretns didnt want me to drive to portland and back. he got me a shirt that says "the end" does anyone know where i could find a picture of it becasue he forgot to bring it to me today.

dang i just almost wrote an entire essay haha
oh and if u are on spring break now then you are so lucky mine was two weeks ago so i cant go tonight
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
April 10th, 2008 at 12:03am
Mad As Rabbits:
haha Sounds awesome! I cant wait for tonight.

Did they allow cameras?

No but the security was really rushed and my sister sneaked one in. Shifty
sonic death riot
Killjoy
sonic death riot
April 10th, 2008 at 03:36am
Did anyone else go home and google Billy Mitchell?
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
April 10th, 2008 at 01:17pm
Paper Moon:
Did anyone else go home and google Billy Mitchell?

If you're talking about the second opening band, that was Billy Talent.
Mocker
Salute You in Your Grave
Mocker
April 10th, 2008 at 04:59pm
No, no. She doesnt mean Billy Talent. At the gig last night they all wore shirts that said "Fuck Billy Mitchell" or something like that. No idea who he is though. Probably some in joke of theirs.

Really awesome gig last night. Billy Talent got a pair of little kids underwear thrown at them. Fucking priceless!
Gangly.
Killjoy
Gangly.
April 10th, 2008 at 05:58pm
That whole Billy Mitchell thing was weird. At first I thought It had to do with the "argument" between Bob and Billy Talent, but it definitely is not. Those guys and their inside jokes...

Good show last night. I didnt get to "meet" them or anything though. I had a four hour drive home. :/

Did they come out to sign afterwards before getting on the bus? Anyone get any good pics?
Yekith
Jazz Hands
Yekith
April 10th, 2008 at 06:11pm
I was just intruding here to read reviews but...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Mitchell_(gamer)

Dunno why they had that on their shirts, though! They must have just watched that movie...
Gangly.
Killjoy
Gangly.
April 10th, 2008 at 06:23pm
^^^^OHHH! That makse sense now! They did mention watching that movie... way for me to spaceout. Thanx.
sonic death riot
Killjoy
sonic death riot
April 10th, 2008 at 10:26pm
Haha yeah. I thought the matching shirts were slightly odd yet adorable. Did anyone catch the title of the film Gerard referred to as being "inspiring"?

It had something to do with Steve that came and did the awesome drum solo I think. And it's not Willow, cause that film does really suck, saw it on TV once.
mikeyfuckinway6661
Killjoy
mikeyfuckinway6661
April 11th, 2008 at 12:49pm
writerGrrl:
Anyone else notice how nasally Gerard's voice was?
I think he had a cold.

To be honest I think everyone in MCR was pretty content because it was a smaller venue with less teenies and nobody tried to mob them or tackle them onstage.

I wish more people would've moshed though. All the older kids tried to but the little kids and parents didn't.

And I would like to say this right now that Gerard didn't do any of the crap people diss him for doing. He called us all "his birthday gift," he thanked all the people who had helped him with TUA, he invited one of the teccies (the one with the large beard who's been there since forever) to sing Teenagers, he gave Matt Cortez some of his water, and, at the very end, he told us that he enjoyed touring and, at the end of it all, he would be happy if MCR had inspired us to go out and create something.

On the other hand, he also called us a "bunch of fucking animals." XD

haha I was there I had such a blast I was on the baricade.. I dont know what time you got there but we all got there like 6 am and the guys were walking down the streets.. so we kept taking bathroom breaks. I met Frank for a second time Jamia was with him this time though.. and almost caught mikey. I was going to go to the signing but knowing that the guys were walking down the streets like totally killed that idea for me because I wouldnt have to wait in line for it.. haha.. I was actually suprised at how mellow the pit was.. a security guard told me I was crazy when I told him that I was actually comfortable when he asked if we felt like sardines yet. It was kind of a bummer that mcr didnt come out afterwards to sign anything but everyone left when MCR left and I ended up getting to talk to Chris and Jae from Drive By while waiting for my friends.. And actually Gerards voice always sounds like that.. the first time I saw them I was like OMFG HE SOUNDS LIKE A CHIPMUNK ITS SO CUTE.. but this time he actually sounded better talking. I fuckin loved it that he walked along the baricade especially since I was on it...lol and now that it is over I am bummed knowing that I wont get to see them again for however long their break is

AND YOU FORGOT THE WHOLE STONER COMMENT GERARD MADE

"It strongly smells like Marijuana in here"
*silence*
"Mikey's Stoned. Not like high but like contact high"
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
April 11th, 2008 at 01:48pm
mikeyfuckinway6661:
And actually Gerards voice always sounds like that.. the first time I saw them I was like OMFG HE SOUNDS LIKE A CHIPMUNK ITS SO CUTE..
AND YOU FORGOT THE WHOLE STONER COMMENT GERARD MADE

"It strongly smells like Marijuana in here"
*silence*
"Mikey's Stoned. Not like high but like contact high"

I was there on the 8th show, not the 9th.

I really hope he doesn't sound that way all the time. That would prove Reprise does stuff to his voice.

And that the only reason MCR has gotten as far as they have is because of marketing. Crying or Very sad

EDIT: I went through some of their live videos on Youtube. He always sounds kinda that way but I think it was a bit worse at my concert. The sound system in that ballroom was pretty bad to begin with.
teenage_dirtbag23
Killjoy
teenage_dirtbag23
April 11th, 2008 at 02:00pm
haha the Marijuana thing was so funny
i got to meet gerard too, and he called me honey
teenage_dirtbag23
Killjoy
teenage_dirtbag23
April 11th, 2008 at 02:30pm
oh god i have details about the signing!!!

this is how it went:

GW: *Sticks out hand* HI HONEY! ( when GERARD WAY called me honey..i died) In Love In Love
Me: HI! (my voice cracked)
GW: * smiles/ laughs at my cracking voice* My name is Gerard, whats your name?
Me: Nathalie
GW: Natalie? thats a pretty name
Me: *hands sketch book* Im a huge fan! i love your comics and the bands music
GW: Aw! thank you so much * writes Nata in sketch book* Um.. is spelled L-I-E at the end
Me:Yeah, but... It has an H after the T
Gw: lookes down
Me: Yeah, my parents are weird.
GW: *smiles and adds a small H and finishes what he is writing signing*
Me* hands comic book when he is done*
Gw: *signes it*
Me: alright, i drew you a picture for your birthday tomorrow * takes out vampire picture*
GW: *laughes and smiles* ITS AWESOME! thats the kind of stuff i like to sketch out. Thank you so much!
Me: *smiles*i one more question...Um can you sign my face
GW: haha sure! ( THE MAN TOUCHED MY FACE AND MY NECK!)
Me: THANKS!!
GW: *shakes my hand again* Bye! nice meeting you

THEN MY MOM CAME OVER GAVE HIM A LETTER SHE WROTE HIM
here is a pic of him putting it in his pocket:
http://www.buzznet.com/tags/gerardway/photos/gerard-singing-portland-08042008/?id=44145011

he thanked her shook her hand and we left. Crying or Very sad
best that has ever happend to me was meeting him
mikeyfuckinway6661
Killjoy
mikeyfuckinway6661
April 11th, 2008 at 03:14pm
I was there on the 8th too I didnt go the 9th

and maybe it depends on where you were at but to me his voice didnt sound nasally at all.. his speaking voice is just weird at times when he talks..
LMAO I really wanted to go to the signing but I was having too much fun basically stalking the rest of the guys.. I met Frank again.. followed mikey.. Bob stared at us and I was like WHY IS THAT GUY STARING AT US.. hahaa all during the time my friend went to the signing.. so I was cool with it because I had a blast staying there... I think we were one of the few who got autographs from Frank before the word got out that he was around the corner. .because as soon as we stopped talking to him he got mobbed by like 20 girls and security had to sneak them inside.. I have never been happier that I had to pee at that moment.. otherwise we wouldnt have met him again.

haha I am fine that I didnt go to the signing because when gerard walked along the baricade I got to touch his bicep. .and at one point he put his leg on a speaker during This is how I disappear.. and I had a perfect angle in front of Ray.. I could see through that huge ass hole in gerards pants so I laid my head on the baricade . .and could see his leg and his package in his red boxer briefs.. hehehe I kept singing along with my head like that and he kept his leg there until my friend caught me and tried to look herself then he looked at her and put his leg down.. so that made my night.. hahaha So it was like it was ok for me to take a look in his pants but not her.. and during desert song Mikey was sitting on the stairs to the stage and I looked at him and smiled and he smiled and did this thing with his eyebrows and we kept eye contact until some guy came over and sat down next to him.. and I got Bob to wave back when Drive By was playing because he was off to the side watching so I leaned over and kept waving until he noticed me.. and it took forever but I got Toro to crack a smile towards the end. I kept staring with a big grin on my face like COME ON SMILEEEEEEEE and finally he did and then looked around hoping like no one else saw it I guess.. I dont know what he was doing to bob but everytime he turned towards bob, bob would start cracking up

On the way out I was thinking man I wish I had cash on me and not a card to get some form of merch.. and just as I was thinking that I looked down and found 20 bucks.. haha so I got me a MIKEY FUCKIN WAY tshirt..